Alien_Number_Six

We need the new update. We need it quick.

265 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Caulus said:

I'm not acting like anything. Stop kissing the devs asses. The last patch RUINED the game.

Ask anyone outside of your circle-jerk buddy group how they feel about it. The only people who like the patch are people who hate Jason. Seriously.

I don't know where you got the idea that I'm kissing the devs ass or that I have some sort of circle jerk group who hates Jason. You clearly need help if the last patch has affected you so much that you develop an unhealthy obsession posting about it. Take my advice, save yourself the embarrassment and don't continue discussing this with me.

2 people like this

@Tommy86 Don't know where? Review your last posts.

lol @ unhealthy obsession. You responded to my post. I didn't say anything to you specifically. You responded to a post about my opinion and tried to imply that I am acting like a baby. And why?, because you are compelled to respond to any opinion that runs counter to yours, especially if you think that something will change against your favor because of it/them.

I don't have anything to be embarrassed about. If I were responsible for ruining a game by complaining about its mechanics such that the devs create a terrible patch, maybe I would be embarrassed.

Imagine how some of you would feel if you found out you were responsible for killing a game.

Don't respond to this post. You have clearly worked yourself into a frenzy about a relatively trivial matter. Take a few deep breaths and move on.

1 person likes this

I blew past the first nine pages just to agree with the thread title- there needs to be some new, functional stuff added to the game, soon. Ideally in a fashion that doesn't undo something that's already good.

1 person likes this

Despite having their own internal forum and a new community manager, still no word on making the grab range logical enough that someone can not run right by Jason's side untouched.  Still nothing of any substance regarding single player launch (after representing summer originally) or dedicated servers (should of been day 1 in light of no host migration).  Sorry, but "soon" does not cut the mustard on these items, and has proven to be false anyway for the average person who takes soon at face value instead of as deflection and spin.  These items need immediate attention and a concrete date if they want to salvage their reputation.  The single player delay seems like we were deceived all along at this point, and the grab range and lack of host migration / dedicated servers means we have no reason to expect genuine game breaking issues are a priority over paid dlc.         

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Despite having their own internal forum and a new community manager

Looks like someone else has been brought into the community as well...

There must be a mass grave near the offices filled with former Community Managers.

c59zgSa.jpg

3 hours ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Despite having their own internal forum and a new community manager, still no word on making the grab range logical enough that someone can not run right by Jason's side untouched.  Still nothing of any substance regarding single player launch (after representing summer originally) or dedicated servers (should of been day 1 in light of no host migration).  Sorry, but "soon" does not cut the mustard on these items, and has proven to be false anyway for the average person who takes soon at face value instead of as deflection and spin.  These items need immediate attention and a concrete date if they want to salvage their reputation.  The single player delay seems like we were deceived all along at this point, and the grab range and lack of host migration / dedicated servers means we have no reason to expect genuine game breaking issues are a priority over paid dlc.         

A few days ago I was in a lobby with the absolute most obnoxious whiny twat douchebag cocksucker I've ever heard in my entire life. Basically the kid was telling everyone "Whoever is Jason,if you kill me I'm gonna quit and kick you guys". Then after I told him to stop acting like a little bitch, he quits 10 seconds into the match. 

This is something else to blame Gun/Ill for; Not resolving blatantly obvious issues such as "Host left = everyone kicked" before launch, or at the very least soon after.

EDIT: I finally get why everyone is so pissed about Jasons grab. At first I didn't really notice anything, but after getting a counselor to stand still and then jog by me a few times, yeah... everybody that bitched about it is 100% right: it IS in need of a fix. Maybe not back to exactly what it was, but it's still got to be a little better than this.

As someone who has just bought the game in anticipation of a committed developer with the promise of dedicated servers, single player, and a desire to keep improving, I am finding the scant engagement of the studio on this forum rather disheartening. The problems with the Jason nerf are well documented and even as a new (and bad) I am finding escape rather easy and Jasons being taunted in too many matches. I still have hope that they will come good as the core game itself suggests enthusiasm & passion.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Caulus said:

lol @ unhealthy obsession. You responded to my post. I didn't say anything to you specifically. You responded to a post about my opinion and tried to imply that I am acting like a baby. And why?, because you are compelled to respond to any opinion that runs counter to yours, especially if you think that something will change against your favor because of it/them.

What else am I meant to think when every post I read of yours is about the game being ruined? Hence unhealthy obsession. I am only compelled to respond because you look like you need education on the matter. 

I don't have anything to be embarrassed about. If I were responsible for ruining a game by complaining about its mechanics such that the devs create a terrible patch, maybe I would be embarrassed.

Imagine how some of you would feel if you found out you were responsible for killing a game.

And your reasons for thinking that they killed the game are what exactly? What has so drastically changed for you? Because you can't adapt to the grab change like every other good player has? What you're doing is no different to what every new player was doing around release, complaining that Grab / Shift Grab was too OP. Except it's just the other way around. So learn. Adapt. Stop being ridiculous.

Don't respond to this post. You have clearly worked yourself into a frenzy about a relatively trivial matter. Take a few deep breaths and move on.

I'll respond to what I like thanks. It's especially ironic reading how I'm working myself into a so-called frenzy (I'm not) on a relatively trivial matter (that's right, it is) when you're the one being over dramatic with responses like "BULLSHIT!!! This is the biggest line of bullshit I've ever seen". Why else do you think I say stop acting like a child who thinks someone broke their toy? There's a right and wrong way to provide feedback, say your piece and get over it. Or don't waste your time on a game you now no longer enjoy.

Maybe this time you'll take my advice

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

*Life story*

Looks like somebody's triggered....

6 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

A few days ago I was in a lobby with the absolute most obnoxious whiny twat douchebag cocksucker I've ever heard in my entire life. Basically the kid was telling everyone "Whoever is Jason,if you kill me I'm gonna quit and kick you guys". Then after I told him to stop acting like a little bitch, he quits 10 seconds into the match. 

This is something else to blame Gun/Ill for; Not resolving blatantly obvious issues such as "Host left = everyone kicked" before launch, or at the very least soon after.

EDIT: I finally get why everyone is so pissed about Jasons grab. At first I didn't really notice anything, but after getting a counselor to stand still and then jog by me a few times, yeah... everybody that bitched about it is 100% right: it IS in need of a fix. Maybe not back to exactly what it was, but it's still got to be a little better than this.

Yup, it's just me. No one else sees any problems. I'm being totally delusional since I only needed to be Jason ONE TIME in roughly 15 games to see a totally nonexistent problem....

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

His grab has always operated like this. I can probably find some videos which show that being able to escape Jason's grab at close-range was just as possible pre-patch. You could just run counter-clockwise around him. The issue has always been with the grab being an outward cone shape. He could not perform any force-pull providing you were close enough and not centered to him, but most players would just try to run away instead of running around him. Now with the decrease in distance the issue is just exposed more, because Jason has to grab closer.

2 people like this

20 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

I don't know where you got the idea that I'm kissing the devs ass or that I have some sort of circle jerk group who hates Jason. You clearly need help if the last patch has affected you so much that you develop an unhealthy obsession posting about it. Take my advice, save yourself the embarrassment and don't continue discussing this with me.

16 hours ago, Caulus said:

@Tommy86 Don't know where? Review your last posts.

Can you guys please knock it off before the thread gets locked. The last patch wasn't that great but it wasn't the worst thing in world either. I think you two can agree to disagree and table the discussion in a mature manner. Please.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Can you guys please knock it off before the thread gets locked. The last patch wasn't that great but it wasn't the worst thing in world either. I think you two can agree to disagree and table the discussion in a mature manner. Please.

It's all good, I already said all that I wanted to.

17 hours ago, TimmyJarvis said:

Us:When are we getting dedicated servers?

Them: Soon

Us: How soon is "Soon"?

Them: Uhh... Hey! We just released a Spring Break 1984 pack and now your counselors can wear swimsuits!

Us: Cool, now what about the server problems?

Them: And we've got Emotes now, free of charge!

Us: We're still getting repeatedly kicked and timed out. When is it getting fixed?

Them: Guess what guys? We've added another counselor and another Jason!

Us: Where's our single-player you promised would be here by summer?

Them: D-did I mention the smaller maps and the Jarvis House?

Us: Where... is... our... single-player... and... servers?

Them: Just in time for Halloween, it's the new costume DLC clothing pack!

Us: Are you even listening anymore?!

Them: Umm... we got this new counselor named Fox now, so...

1 person likes this

Simple misdirection. 

I don't think we will get the servers and if we do the game will already be dead.

1 person likes this

My prediction is that virtual cabin will come out on Cyber Monday, and that the game will also be discounted for that day only like it was on Halloween. That is my hope, anyway. Then we'll get single player bots on Christmas. 

1 person likes this

I think the devs are gathering all possible info and angles before a new patch. The problems with Jason grab range and melee seem to be the biggest conserns (along with dedicated servers offcourse..), but a rehashed patch could indeed bring more glitches and problems so no rush, get all your shit together before another "improvement"...

As Jason I´ve learned to cope with the nerfs, and usually on quickplay I tend to kill everyone. Unless its a group of seasoned counselors on partychat... Then, no chance to clean house. Infact, I almost died once (as Jason, almost). When your playing against pro´s , you need more leverage as Jason, though when your playing against newbies or your avarage everyday counseors, it´s quite easy to clean house. Kind of a double edge sword there wouldnt you say? :)

Still, I would like it if Jason would be buffed up a little (Grab and melee, all I´m asking for). Honestly, last 20 rounds as a counselor, I died once (+ killed three times and coming back as Tommy, surviving).

My main issues: Shift-grabing... I mastered it once, now, it's good for only catching up. Still grabing is rather difficult. Melee you may ask? Well, just yesterday I chased a limping Tommy for a few minutes without getting a single swing that connects. (also, newbie Jasons are getting teabagged and dying out there. It's not fun..).

And today I had an interesting game. I've been apart in killing Jason a few times, and finaly today I was Tonmy, I had the machete, sweater used, Jason knocked down and we got the whole kill animation... Unfortunately without Jason because he quit jast as the animation started. well, no points, no achievment, no trophy.. I think this also needs work, just like the counselor kill animations. If Jason quits mid kill, we should get the achievment just like Jason gets a kill if a counselor quits midkill.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

When your playing against pro´s , you need more leverage as Jason, though when your playing against newbies or your avarage everyday counseors, it´s quite easy to clean house. Kind of a double edge sword there wouldnt you say? :)

I think that was the main reason for the nerf. A lot of us got really good with Jason and when we got the swarm of new players from the physical launch, it meant they were all fucked against the people that have been playing for months. I feel it was more of a rebalance so that the new players could get a chance to figure shit out without the lobby being wiped in the first 5 minutes every match.

As for Jason leaving mid kill, that is EXTRA shitty. I had it happen a couple weeks ago too. I already have the achievement, but I wouldn't mind getting my gold badge for it. I think it wasn't much of an issue before the grab nerf so nobody really thought to prevent that from happening.

1 person likes this

Hello...I'm new and picked this game up on sale this past Halloween so I don't know what got nerfed or buffed. So i will give my opinion/suggestion as a newer player.

I'm only rank 30 now but I can say in the time that I've played that most people dont seem intimidated by Jason. Hell I see alot of people teasing him by simply running around tables. Allowing Jason to break more things like tables might be an acceptable buff.

The grab seems hit or miss to me. I have some games where I morph and grab with  no problems and others where i miss all the time. Maybe some speed and stamina perks stack too much with certain counselors stats. Or maybe reworking how morph and teleport abilities work for Jason can help to buff his grab a little.

Jason getting swarmed and beat down seems out of place from the movies. So maybe make Jason do more damage based on the number of people around him. Or allow him to go into a short rage mode after getting beat down so many times. Could even make him temporarily immune to other counselors attacks while he has a hold of one of them.

Don't know how people will feel about this but (in my opinion) having more options for cosmetics is a good thing for any game. Having stats tied to cosmetics (different Jasons) limits people's choices. So why not allow people to pick the Jason they want and then pick three positive and three negative perks. 

Well that's enough out of me for now. I think this game has alot of potential and look forward to the next update...whenever that is hehe.

1 hour ago, JED said:

Well that's enough out of me for now. I think this game has alot of potential and look forward to the next update...whenever that is hehe.

HAD a lot of potential. I just spent almost 5 minutes as Pt. 6 Jason trying to club (spear?) an injured counselor to death and even when he was close enough that Jason could have whipped out his zombie-schlong and pissed on him, it still didn't register as a hit. This was on an open trail, not against a fence or building or even a small tree. When I finally gave up and just grabbed him, I got pocket-knifed, the counselor used FAS, and then he took off.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Truth said:

I think that was the main reason for the nerf. A lot of us got really good with Jason and when we got the swarm of new players from the physical launch, it meant they were all fucked against the people that have been playing for months. I feel it was more of a rebalance so that the new players could get a chance to figure shit out without the lobby being wiped in the first 5 minutes every match.

I dont think that was the rason for the nerf. I mean think about it, if you would make it easier for new players to survive against Jason it also means that these new players, when they play Jason, have a good chance to face expirienced counselors. If a guy who played this game for months now has issiues to kill unexprienced counselors how should an unexpirienced Jason kill a guy who layed counselor for months. Dont forget that everybody is more expirienced as a counselor, since we play them the majority of the time.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

HAD a lot of potential. I just spent almost 5 minutes as Pt. 6 Jason trying to club (spear?) an injured counselor to death and even when he was close enough that Jason could have whipped out his zombie-schlong and pissed on him, it still didn't register as a hit. This was on an open trail, not against a fence or building or even a small tree. When I finally gave up and just grabbed him, I got pocket-knifed, the counselor used FAS, and then he took off.

You were hitting all the dust particles in the air, duh. 

On a related note, earlier today I watched as a Part 7 tried to melee a Tommy limping to the police exit. He didn't grab because of the obvious pocket knife and had managed to wound him with shift-slashes. Outside of shift, whenever he was close enough to 'whip out his zombie-shlong', he wiffed every hit. Tommy escaped.  

It was mesmerising in a weird way, how bad the slashing is fucked in a slasher game.  

4 hours ago, Alcanx said:

You were hitting all the dust particles in the air, duh. 

On a related note, earlier today I watched as a Part 7 tried to melee a Tommy limping to the police exit. He didn't grab because of the obvious pocket knife and had managed to wound him with shift-slashes. Outside of shift, whenever he was close enough to 'whip out his zombie-shlong', he wiffed every hit. Tommy escaped.  

It was mesmerising in a weird way, how bad the slashing is fucked in a slasher game.  

You'd think that with as long as Jason's spear is (oh my...) hitting a counselor right in front of you would be easy.