Alien_Number_Six

We need the new update. We need it quick.

2 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

Yes, but they nerfed it greatly and also re-added the option to slash windows. Stop acting like changes are permanent when they can easily be changed/altered again in the future.

And stop telling me what I do and don't know. I know you're used to the reddit circlejerk of people agreeing with you 100% or getting downvoted into oblivion, but that's not how you go about a debate. 

I am not the one arguing against simple QOL changes as if they destroyed the entire game. You are the one telling me what you don't know when you act as if you are infallible but are proven wrong over and over again. I'm also not as thin skinned as everyone else on here or reddit about being disagreed with but I'll be damned if I'm not going to call out an echo chamber for what it is. I have no trouble with Jason getting QOL changes if they make sense.

19 minutes ago, Jawbone said:

I am not the one arguing against simple QOL changes as if they destroyed the entire game.

You are the one telling me what you don't know when you act as if you are infallible but are proven wrong over and over again.

I'm also not as thin skinned as everyone else on here or reddit about being disagreed with but I'll be damned if I'm not going to call out an echo chamber for what it is. 

1) You literally said that pre-patch was a 'fun lottery' and that if they even considered reverting the patch, then they might as well just give a random person 3k xp instead of even starting the game. I never once said that the game would be ruined / is destroyed. 

2) Proven wrong when? Each time you 'prove me wrong', I always counter your argument. But, to quote you, I know you skimmed over that fact. 

3) Whatever you say, buddy. Maybe if you say it loud enough then one day someone will believe you. 

You're clearly too stubborn to be debated with and your narrow-mindedness is honestly like talking to a brick wall. I'm not against the new update, but I'm not for it either. It could definitely, and honestly needs to be, improved upon instead of reverted completely. 

You keep calling this place an echo chamber, but the one screaming into it is you, and you whine when the voices dare not match your own. That's real life, not everything you say is fact and the coin has two sides. People will disagree with you, if you're so 'thick-skinned' then you'll get used to it eventually. 

Don't bother quoting me, this 'debate' clearly isn't going anywhere and the novelty wore off real quick. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Woozyer said:

This game is looking more and more like Scooby-Doo after each update rather than a horror game. . .

So utterly depressing every time I see this happen in lobbies.

• Like 4

I just played as Jason. This one person was actually FOLLOWING ME around, blasting disco-sounding music over their mic, flashing their flashlight on me, and constantly taunting me by staying out of range of my pitiful grab and dancing. Before this last patch, no one would have dared pull that shit. But Jason's a total joke now and Friday the 13th has been turned into a omg neat-o fun party game instead of the effective survival horror game it once was, so whatever.

BTW, I did get my revenge. After chasing this idiot around a car a few times, I set a trap, chased them around the car again, and they ran right into the trap. I grabbed them, said "you fucking dumbass," and started crushing their head when they dropped out of the game like a pussy. But the joke was on them, I still got credit for the kill (one of the few things the last update got right).

But that video above sums it up perfectly. Those guys weren't even trying to escape to the cops. They just hung around and fucked with Jason for the fun of it. In earlier versions of the game if you had a chance to get to the cops you took it or died. Of course, that Jason player in the video above pretty much sucked, but still...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

This game is looking more and more like Scooby-Doo after each update rather than a horror game. . .

Completely agree. Stupid dance emotes that have no place in a survival horror game?? A nerfed Jason/stronger counselors...It's definitely become a game aimed at kids for sure. "Scooby Doo: The Game" is right. It's a real shame - as I felt they had originally replicated the feel of a Friday very, very well. Now it's become a parody.

At least there won't be any of this shite in the single player component. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Completely agree. Stupid dance emotes that have no place in a survival horror game?? A nerfed Jason/stronger counselors...It's definitely become a game aimed at kids for sure. "Scooby Doo: The Game" is right. It's a real shame - as I felt they had originally replicated the feel of a Friday very, very well. Now it's become a parody.

At least there won't be any of this shite in the single player component. 

To be frank, the movies have always been campy in nature, and dancing counselors has very much been a thing throughout the movies (especially Part V; Violet comes to mind here). The movies also started becoming a self-parody of the slasher genre around Part 6.

It's a video game, so there's obviously going to be some differences between this as well as the movies. Part 2 Jason would've died if you shot him in the face with a shotgun; I can't imagine Part 3 tanking a car when he dodged a van in his movie; and Part 4 was capable of super-sprinting, all of which are some pretty major differences.

I love immersion, but I also have to admit you can't have it 100% accurate for gaming purposes. I mean, would you want a super-sprinting Part 4 Jason with his destruction as well as weapon strength buffs?

5 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

1) You literally said that pre-patch was a 'fun lottery' and that if they even considered reverting the patch, then they might as well just give a random person 3k xp instead of even starting the game. I never once said that the game would be ruined / is destroyed. 

2) Proven wrong when? Each time you 'prove me wrong', I always counter your argument. But, to quote you, I know you skimmed over that fact. 

3) Whatever you say, buddy. Maybe if you say it loud enough then one day someone will believe you. 

You're clearly too stubborn to be debated with and your narrow-mindedness is honestly like talking to a brick wall. I'm not against the new update, but I'm not for it either. It could definitely, and honestly needs to be, improved upon instead of reverted completely. 

You keep calling this place an echo chamber, but the one screaming into it is you, and you whine when the voices dare not match your own. That's real life, not everything you say is fact and the coin has two sides. People will disagree with you, if you're so 'thick-skinned' then you'll get used to it eventually. 

Don't bother quoting me, this 'debate' clearly isn't going anywhere and the novelty wore off real quick. 

1. I wasn't wrong either and the facts supported it. No one was enjoying the game pre-update and the only reliable numbers reflect that.

2. He didn't do that or this right and I link video evidence and it somehow is still wrong.

3. Proving my point for me like everyone else is set on doing.

It is an echo chamber. I am giving you every chance for an actual discussion and instead of backing ANY opinion up with a fact or source you just backpeddle and act like you aren't wrong. Its starting to head into feelings over fact territory and its a little sad to be honest.

21 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

I agree it’s a joke the devs should be ashamed of themselves, I haven’t even received my psysical copy and wish I could get my $62 back, it’s not fun playing as A weak underpower Jason , and it’s not fun escaping so easily. This game has become no fun anymore, it now caters to the casual gamers that will be gone in a month , replaced by other casuals so the cycle will go on, the devs will only give a shit when the casuals stop and the money stops coming in.

It's just not as fun anymore. That is the best way I can put it. I will still play but not as much as I was. I once played this game for twelve hours. Now a couple of hours and I want to play something else because it's just too easy to escape and Jason is a joke. I am hoping this next update will be decent. This last one was shit. And if your defending it your one of the people who had a hand in breaking it and I pretty much blame you.

• Like 6

On 11/2/2017 at 0:59 PM, ZooMalfunction said:

They need to change the game so everyone gets a participation prize, despite it being in conflict with the films, the game's genre, and the stated aims of the Kickstarter. A game that's all about survival and searching should now hold everyone's hands and constantly direct them towards their victory conditions. A game that's all about horror should now stop making the killer powerful and scary.

"Waah! My undeserved second chance only starts with a shotgun!" "There, there - have a medspray and a pocket knife too."

And the developers continue to pander to them so they have more people to sell pink cop costumes and breakdances to. It's ridiculous. It's a mockery. I genuinely feel more like I'm playing a Scooby Doo game that a Friday the 13th one these days, such is the lack of threat and atmosphere. I'm just waiting until they remove the option for Jason to kill anyone, and players just get downed, and can be revivied by other counselors. You know, for 'balance'.

Preaching to the choir @ZooMalfunction.  I proposed a long time ago that EVERYONE, including the best councelors, should expect to die 7 out of 8 matches.  To compensate councelors, their points need to be significantly increased, and probably stackable, instead of this 1 time only crap.  I played 2 matches today, and definitely will not be playing again, until this is changed.  DBD is a hell of a lot more fun, and we die 4 out of 5 matches, more often against great killers, but get HUGE amounts of BP for surviving, completing objectives, and even more for helping others.  In F13, you don’t get any points for helping others, not one point, which is why no one helps others.  Hasn’t anyone noticed that the regulars don’t visit these forums any longer?

4 hours ago, Trident77 said:

To be frank, the movies have always been campy in nature, and dancing counselors has very much been a thing throughout the movies (especially Part V; Violet comes to mind here). The movies also started becoming a self-parody of the slasher genre around Part 6.

It's a video game, so there's obviously going to be some differences between this as well as the movies. Part 2 Jason would've died if you shot him in the face with a shotgun; I can't imagine Part 3 tanking a car when he dodged a van in his movie; and Part 4 was capable of super-sprinting, all of which are some pretty major differences.

I love immersion, but I also have to admit you can't have it 100% accurate for gaming purposes. I mean, would you want a super-sprinting Part 4 Jason with his destruction as well as weapon strength buffs?

Obviously this is called “Friday the 13th the game” and will not be exactly like the movies ? and needs to be balanced so that both side have fun while playing the game,  however some things should be consistent across the board for both:

1) counselors in the game/ in the movies  fear Jason... (not actively engage him!)

2) In all the movies engaging Jason in a fight = dead ? ( not stun him with any melee weapon used!)

3) defending yourself when being attacked = possible escape.  (In the movies  most of the time Jason was stunned or put down he did not see the attack coming...examples  part 3  jason is walking out of higgins haven and Chris hit him in the back of the head with tree trunk....Jason is hacking biker in barn and Chris whacks him in the head with axe as he turns around...part 4 Tommy hits Jason in the face with Machete after getting his attention away from Trish. 

This last patch broke Jason game play, I like a lot of the new perks to Tommy, the non trap stacking... but having items appear on the map and neutering Jason just sucks. Plus they have never fixed window mechanics that Jason needs more then ever now with all the counselor perks available to them.

(also I have never watched a Friday the 13th were Jason gets his ass beat for 19 minuets straight.)

19 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

1) counselors in the game/ in the movies fear Jason...

2) In all the movies engaging Jason in a fight = dead ?

3) defending yourself when being attacked = possible escape.

Totally agree. This is why Jason's grab should have a large cone. You should not be able to go head on with him.

The game is a combination of hide-and-seek, and tag. If Jason gets close to you 1v1, you should die the majority of the time. You are way faster and more agile than he is. He should be way better in a fight than you, even with backup.

That's the point of asymetric games. Each side is OP in a unique way, and you win by leveraging your strengths better than you opponents do.

Sneak attacks are fine. As are saves. But people should not complain about him killing you when you let him get within 2ft of you, while on your own. At that point, you deserved to lose. Suck it the fuck up.

• Like 3

Being Jason is just terrible now.  Being in rage mode and busting through a door just to be stunned is really pathetic. 

12 hours ago, Qtanner said:

Being Jason is just terrible now.  Being in rage mode and busting through a door just to be stunned is really pathetic. 

He shouldn’t be able to be stunned when smashing through doors or walls in rage mode! No counselor would be able to hit him harder than him face first smashing into a wood wall or door!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dolemite said:

I just played as Jason. This one person was actually FOLLOWING ME around, blasting disco-sounding music over their mic, flashing their flashlight on me, and constantly taunting me by staying out of range of my pitiful grab and dancing. Before this last patch, no one would have dared pull that shit. But Jason's a total joke now and Friday the 13th has been turned into a omg neat-o fun party game instead of the effective survival horror game it once was, so whatever.

BTW, I did get my revenge. After chasing this idiot around a car a few times, I set a trap, chased them around the car again, and they ran right into the trap. I grabbed them, said "you fucking dumbass," and started crushing their head when they dropped out of the game like a pussy. But the joke was on them, I still got credit for the kill (one of the few things the last update got right).

But that video above sums it up perfectly. Those guys weren't even trying to escape to the cops. They just hung around and fucked with Jason for the fun of it. In earlier versions of the game if you had a chance to get to the cops you took it or died. Of course, that Jason player in the video above pretty much sucked, but still...

This 100%.

It's too easy as a counselor now. The devs need to do something to stop this game establishing itself as a joke/parody in people's eyes. New players must be thinking "WTF is this?!"

1:credit suicides as kills to Jason, tired of people suiciding to deny Jason a kill

2: make item spawns 100% random and  unpredictable so that escapes won't happen in less than a minute into the start of the match. 

3: get rid of item marking, game was fine before because it was realistic, forcing you to search for items as a risk, adding to the feel of horror and desperation

4: fix Jason's grab, he should not be whiffle-man missing grabs up close, also fix melee as well, Jason is unable to hit people or fences up close.

5: fix Jason's traps and reduce med spray capabilities. Stepping into a spring loaded device with a psi of a few hundred pounds should not be curable with a magic spray, let alone stepping in two as I saw posted elsewhere.

• Like 2

It's really become a chore playing as Jason now. I used to absolutely LOVE getting picked to be Jason around launch date because he felt like the fearsome killer he should be, getting 6/8s to 8/8s every game. Playing as a counselor felt scary because it felt like I needed both LUCK and SKILL to survive against a Jason who knew what he was doing. They had the entire feel set at launch, and I didn't mind Jason's vaccum grab because that's what helped made Jason so deadly. 

The feel has been watered down now, and it makes it less exciting to play both Jason and counselors anymore. 

#MakeJasonGreatAgain 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 9:04 PM, ZooMalfunction said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I can't respect anyone who claims the new patch has improved the game.

They're just bad players who enjoy the fact the difficulty has been lowered dramatically, and make unfalsifiable claims about their skill level as a shield.

The kind of people who prefer a game that gifts them wins every 4/5 games to one that makes them really earn their wins, at a much, much lower rate.

You people are ruining the game. You've taken something bold and unique, and infected it with your own mediocrity.

131313.jpg.0775601bcd534915cffd161543a5c4f3.jpg

This is probably the 10000th time I've said this but here it is again: The Devs do NOT give a fuck. They have turned Jason into the equivalent of an impotent old man: Mad as hell but unable to do anything about it but shake his fist.

On 4/11/2017 at 11:25 PM, Woozyer said:

i see bullshit like those in almost every game. 

Hit detection totally broken, counselor able to hit behind doors and so on.

This is not the game i've paid for

It's not the game ANY of us paid for, but I guarantee that not one single fucking thing will be done in this next patch to correct any of the problems the last one caused. The traps will still be bullshit, the grab will still be bullshit, and the game itself will STILL....BE....BULLSHIT.

Honestly... I can't believe how bad things have become. I keep hoping I'll turn on the PS4 and be greeted with an update patch that fixes some of this crap but I know it's not going to happen. There have been a ton of complaints and protests since this patch came out, but nothing is going to change. The Devs are going to turn a deaf ear and things will get even worse.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It's not the game ANY of us paid for, but I guarantee that not one single fucking thing will be done in this next patch to correct any of the problems the last one caused. The traps will still be bullshit, the grab will still be bullshit, and the game itself will STILL....BE....BULLSHIT.

Honestly... I can't believe how bad things have become. I keep hoping I'll turn on the PS4 and be greeted with an update patch that fixes some of this crap but I know it's not going to happen. There have been a ton of complaints and protests since this patch came out, but nothing is going to change. The Devs are going to turn a deaf ear and things will get even worse.

Don't they typically update on the 28th of every month? (Excluding the Friday/Halloween update ofc).

Just now, Alcanx said:

Don't they typically update on the 28th of every month? (Excluding the Friday/Halloween update ofc).

Possibly, but I'm not 100% on it. I would have thought that after the shitstorm this last patch caused, they would have more-or-less "hot fixed" a couple of the biggest problems, but nope... and despite the literal flood of complaints from players, we're never going to see Jason returned to his previous power. People wailed like newborns that it was too hard to beat Jason and the Devs (who claim to be die-hard fans of F13, don't forget) pussified the greatest horror icon in history just so the whiners could be happy. It's like a father letting his 8 year old beat him at Checkers so the kid wouldn't have to lose.

6 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Possibly, but I'm not 100% on it. I would have thought that after the shitstorm this last patch caused, they would have more-or-less "hot fixed" a couple of the biggest problems, but nope... and despite the literal flood of complaints from players, we're never going to see Jason returned to his previous power. People wailed like newborns that it was too hard to beat Jason and the Devs (who claim to be die-hard fans of F13, don't forget) pussified the greatest horror icon in history just so the whiners could be happy. It's like a father letting his 8 year old beat him at Checkers so the kid wouldn't have to lose.

Sadly, I think you're right.

They should have at least hot fixed the grab cone. I don't mind the new length, but there was absolutely no reason to reduce the width of the grab. If anything, it should have been wider. 

Shoulders are great things, they let you move your arms in directions other than 'forwards'.

• Like 1

You know what makes this whole thing even worse? The Devs are completely silent on the issue. I haven't seen a "We're looking into it", a 'We're taking suggestions" or even a "We got your money so STFU" from them whatsoever. I can't get any of them to answer my PMs or e-mails and a lot of other players have told me the same thing. 

• Like 1