Alien_Number_Six

We need the new update. We need it quick.

365 posts in this topic

The problem is cumulative:

The small maps, and the item spawners on them, are heavilly biased against Jason. Often the 4-Seater is running before you even get Shift. Many times I've gone to the phone, then a car (finding it's the 2-Seater) and had the 4-Seater mobile before my 3rd Morph had fully charged. How is that fun or balanced? For either side? I hate this as both Jason and a counselor. I feel like my time has been wasted on both occasions.

His grab - his main means of killing - has been nerfed so as to be almost useless. It doesn't just screw up gameplay, but atmosphere, seeing him constanty lurch wildly and whiff, as I said before, like a goddamn Scooby Doo villain. This is only amplified when Jason's bright purple, and he's chasing a pink rabbit, who then dings him in the face with a frying pan because he can't lay a hand on her.

This means you need to chop more, but as everyone uses Medic (for two uses per spray), and health sprays are both ubiquitous and uniquely spawn in predictable locations, everyone has a bottomless pit of health, making it futile. They can broken window hop, tank traps, or jump out of 2nd story windows to their heart's content. Thick Skin was nerfed to stop this, but Medic is essentially being used for the same purpose. The difference being due to the grab nerf, and inability to hit window climbers, it's harder to punish this than ever.

Objective marking means the counselors have more information than Jason. This is the opposite of not only how it was, but of how it should be. Jason is now the anxious player, as he's living in constant fear of coordinated attacks on objectives from the start. He can never be on attack, as he's on defence almost from the start. By giving the counselors perfect information at all times, you bypass not only the atmosphere caused by a lack of knowledge, but it makes the proximity chat/walkie system totally redundant. No more Chinese Whispers, or clutch searches for dead bodies carrying items - everyone essentially starts with a mobile phone with a Crystal Lake GPS app installed. There's no emergent stories of great heroism and cowardice - every single game plays out the exact same way now.

The costumes and emotes make a joke of Jason in atmospheric sense. They'd be fine if Jason was still a threat, but as he's a joke in gameplay terms, just makes for a pitiful experience, as people are free to gyrate their asses in his face after he's got ganked by a gang of sexy cops and fairy princesses. If I was the license holder, I would genuinely be really, really pissed off as to the damage you're doing to the character's reputation in the eyes of a new generation of potential fans.

One of these things is annoying. Two, frustrating. Three and above, and you start to wonder why you still play. Now the magic's gone, all the other annoyances that you previously gave a pass to start to grate again, especially after you realise none of this shit has been fixed in months and months. The connection drops, the host quits, the shoddy hit detection, the weapon and item lock-ups for both the counselors and Jason... My good grace at being an unpaid beta-tester has evaporated now the game itself is no longer fun due to the fact that not only do they clearly not test the builds on a technical level, but push out wide-ranging gameplay changes without testing them on a fun level. It's like they have no understanding of their own game.

The game is no longer fun to play as Jason, and with ineffective and demotivated Jasons, the game is no fun for counselors, other than those who want free wins, or like trolling. These people should not be pandered to, as they're not the people who have the long-term health of the game in mind. People loved the Packanack roof glitch for the same reasons - free wins, and a frustrated Jason. It seems like a case of "thank you for backing a risk of a game, and putting up with a clearly unfinished product for months on end, but now kindly go fuck yourselves as we go chase the low attention-span mass market with simplified gameplay and 'lol-so-random' cosmetic cash-ins".

My worry is Gun will see the Halloween bump, and assume they're on the right track, without realising that's purely seasonal, and nothing to do with the patch. None of my playgroup (who have played almost nightly since release) want to play anymore. And I hear nothing but complaints in lobbies about how shit the update is

The worst thing is that the game used to be great! They somehow managed to turn gold into shit. The game can survive being silly, as long as it's scary, but easy and ridiculous is a terrible combination for a survival horror game.

10 people like this

6 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Are people REALLY this scared of Jason becoming powerful in his own game? (how it should be)

Let's be serious, if this was a MOVIE, none of these counselors would survive besides the final girl, and possibly Tommy. That's it! And Jason would be way more scarier in the movie. There would be no ring around the rosie running around the same table for 5+ mins, 5 kids with bats beating up on Jason, etc. You would actually trip and die if you were dumb enough to hang around Jason.

So all these people going "yeah 3 or half escaping should be the norm cause you win some, lose some" have no clue what they're talking about and don't want this game to be similar to an actual F13 movie which was how it was promised in it's development.

FUCKING-

Why the fuck is this argument so popular? Yes, Jason kills everyone in the movies, but that's a FUCKING MOVIE! You know what happens when you make Jason so powerful that he'll always win? Your game will die cause no one wants to roll the 8-sided fun die! Sure, movie accuracy means that Jason is an unstoppable powerhouse, but that's not a fun game and the general audience will not like that.

7 people like this

16 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

The problem is cumulative:

The small maps, and the item spawners on them, are heavilly biased against Jason. Often the 4-Seater is running before you even get Shift. Many times I've gone to the phone, then a car (finding it's the 2-Seater) and had the 4-Seater mobile before my 3rd Morph had fully charged. How is that fun or balanced? For either side? I hate this as both Jason and a counselor. I feel like my time has been wasted on both occasions.

His grab - his main means of killing - has been nerfed so as to be almost useless. It doesn't just screw up gameplay, but atmosphere, seeing him constanty lurch wildly and whiff, as I said before, like a goddamn Scooby Doo villain. This is only amplified when Jason's bright purple, and he's chasing a pink rabbit, who then dings him in the face with a frying pan because he can't lay a hand on her.

This means you need to chop more, but as everyone uses Medic (for two uses per spray), and health sprays are both ubiquitous and uniquely spawn in predictable locations, everyone has a bottomless pit of health, making it futile. They can broken window hop, tank traps, or jump out of 2nd story windows to their heart's content. Thick Skin was nerfed to stop this, but Medic is essentially being used for the same purpose. The difference being due to the grab nerf, and inability to hit window climbers, it's harder to punish this than ever.

Objective marking means the counselors have more information than Jason. This is the opposite of not only how it was, but of how it should be. Jason is now the anxious player, as he's living in constant fear of coordinated attacks on objectives from the start. He can never be on attack, as he's on defence almost from the start. By giving the counselors perfect information at all times, you bypass not only the atmosphere caused by a lack of knowledge, but it makes the proximity chat/walkie system totally redundant. No more Chinese Whispers, or clutch searches for dead bodies carrying items - everyone essentially starts with a mobile phone with a Crystal Lake GPS app installed.

The costumes and emotes make a joke of Jason in atmospheric sense. They'd be fine if Jason was still a threat, but as he's a joke in gameplay terms, just makes for a pitiful experience, as people are free to gyrate their asses in his face after he's got ganked by a gang of sexy cops and fairy princesses. If I was the license holder, I would genuinely be really, really pissed off as to the damage you're doing to the character's reputation in the eyes of a new generation of potential fans.

One of these things is annoying. Two, frustrating. Three and above, and you start to wonder why you still play. Now the magic's gone, all the other annoyances that you previously gave a pass to start to grate again, especially after you realise none of this shit has been fixed in months and months. The connection drops, the host quits, the shoddy hit detection, the weapon and item lock-ups for both the counselors and Jason... My good grace at being an unpaid beta-tester has evaporated now the game itself is no longer fun due to the fact that not only do they clearly not test the builds on a technical level, but push out wide-ranging gameplay changes without testing them on a fun level. It's like they have no understanding of their own game.

The game is no longer fun to play as Jason, and with ineffective and demotivated Jasons, the game is no fun for counselors, other than those who want free wins, or like trolling. These people should not be pandered to, as they're not the people who have the long-term health of the game in mind. People loved the Packanack roof glitch for the same reasons - free wins, and a pissed off Jason.

My worry is Gun will see the Halloween bump, and assume they're on the right track, without realising that's purely seasonal, and nothing to do with the patch. None of my playgroup (who have played almost nightly since release) want to play anymore. And I hear nothing but complaints in lobbies about how shit the update is

The worst thing is that the game used to be great! They somehow managed to turn gold into shit.

Agreed 100%.

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, DialM said:

FUCKING-

Why the fuck is this argument so popular? Yes, Jason kills everyone in the movies, but that's a FUCKING MOVIE! You know what happens when you make Jason so powerful that he'll always win? Your game will die cause no one wants to roll the 8-sided fun die! Sure, movie accuracy means that Jason is an unstoppable powerhouse, but that's not a fun game and the general audience will not like that.

Then keep crying so the developers make an easy and baby mode just for players like YOU. Leave the game as it's meant to be, hard and challenging for all of us that like it that way.

A lot of us didn't back the game just to end up getting a crappy multi-player action game where 1 unlucky victim gets tormented to be Jason against a group of 7 constantly-healing whack-a-mole terminators.

6 people like this

13 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Then keep crying so the developers make an easy and baby mode just for players like YOU. Leave the game as it's meant to be, hard and challenging for all of us that like it that way.

A lot of us didn't back the game just to end up getting a crappy multi-player action game where 1 unlucky victim gets tormented to be Jason against a group of 7 constantly-healing whack-a-mole terminators.

I'm not asking for an Easy Mode. Granted, it was more difficult before, but it was also incredibly frustrating. Stepping into a trap only to escape into another trap is not fun or intriguing; getting grabbed from a light year away and being asphyxiated is not engaging. I'm all for difficulty in games, but that should go both ways: Jason should not be able to effortlessly get 8/8 as he could before; he should have to work for it as the counselors have to work to survive.

I'm also surprised at the irony in your second statement. You think that scenario is bad, but it's okay when 1 lucky player is selected to utterly decimate 7? You seem to want a scary, movie-accurate experience, but it's not scary to roll a die that says "You Lose" on 7 sides. Yes, counselors should have the odds stacked against them, but the way it was before is not the way to go.

4 people like this

29 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

He is making a reasonable argument whether you agree with him or not. Posts like this are what keep the community from getting anywhere. He never said it should not be hard or challenging. I am of the camp that Jason needs to be improved to counter the latest patch, but everyone complaining that Jason is a joke are the ones acting like crybabies. I just played three games as Jason with three 8/8's, and I know there are better Jason players out there than I am. 

Jason needs a slight buff to counter the devs weakening his grab, but it's not like they took away his shift or his weapon, they just made him only be able to pick people up who are actually within real-world grabbing range. 

This board is full of people who as soon as someone disagrees with their preference proceed ignore the points that person made and start saying things like "keep crying" and "whack-a-mole-terminators". If counsellors really seem like terminators to you then you really suck as Jason, and i bet you don't, you're just really over exaggerating because it's the only way your point stands.This whole us versus them argument between posters keeps conversations from going anywhere productive. There's no need to jump on this guy for making a considerate post. 

I think Jason needs a boost too, but the way people are crying (your term) over him being really powerful instead of really really powerful need to scale it back just a bit. Jason is still a killing machine, and yes they need to get him perfect... but just because isn't perfect does not make him a joke. 

3 people like this

20 minutes ago, DialM said:

I'm not asking for an Easy Mode. Granted, it was more difficult before, but it was also incredibly frustrating. Stepping into a trap only to escape into another trap is not fun or intriguing; getting grabbed from a light year away and being asphyxiated is not engaging. I'm all for difficulty in games, but that should go both ways: Jason should not be able to effortlessly get 8/8 as he could before; he should have to work for it as the counselors have to work to survive.

I'm also surprised at the irony in your second statement. You think that scenario is bad, but it's okay when 1 lucky player is selected to utterly decimate 7? You seem to want a scary, movie-accurate experience, but it's not scary to roll a die that says "You Lose" on 7 sides. Yes, counselors should have the odds stacked against them, but the way it was before is not the way to go.

The balance before this patch was pretty close to each other but still slightly tipped in the counselor's favor. Now the scale is most definitely pushed into the counselor's side and heavily in their favor because of you whiners for the past 6+ months. Jason most certainly didn't 8/8 all the time before unless you had a terrible team of newb counselors and were playing with randoms in QP. I had no problems surviving against pre patch Jason with my buddies before the patch.

You counselor players talk about how it's so unfair that Jason could triple trap stack, but don't mention how unfair it currently is that:
- Jason can't place traps inside cabins or boat docks.
- Jason traps can just be tanked by a person and then heal up instantly to make them useless.
- Jason traps have terrible color distinguishing from a trap that is set and a trap that went off on the map.

You counselor players also love to talk about how broken Jason's pre patch grab was but ignore his melee weapon when it comes to:
- Terrible hit detections
- Awful range and not more than the grab
- No chance to stun or make counselors stumble on hit

You also all cried your eyes out when Thick Skinned got the nerf it deserved for months, and still are hoarding one very broken perk which is double healing Medspray which needs to not be a thing anymore.

If you REALLY believe that this patch was better for the game, then you are a moron that has absolutely no clue on how game balance works. Instead of you greedy counselor players helping with us to push for Jason buffs in his terribly weak areas (and completely useless versions like Part 7), you rather fight against us and say "THE PATCH IS FINE, JUST ADAPT! BEST PATCH YET!".

No. You may have won the battle with your powerful crying aging from day one until this very patch. But you're not going to win the war. Jason will be fixed and he will dominate all you counselors that love to search in QP and complain about how "OP" Jason is when you have some players on the team with no mic, low leveled newbs, lone wolves, and overall terrible coordination. You randoms failing to efficiently work together as the counselors was always the biggest issue of the game, not the game balance itself.

2 people like this

Maybe you should just take a break from the game until that day comes, lol. 

Just now, Mr. Blonde said:

The balance before this patch was pretty close to each other but still slightly tipped in the counselor's favor. Now the scale is most definitely pushed into the counselor's side and heavily in their favor because of you whiners for the past 6+ months. Jason most certainly didn't 8/8 all the time before unless you had a terrible team of newb counselors and were playing with randoms in QP. I had no problems surviving against pre patch Jason with my buddies before the patch.

You counselor players talk about how it's so unfair that Jason could triple trap stack, but don't mention how unfair it currently is that:
- Jason traps can just be tanked by a person and then heal up instantly to make them useless.
- Jason traps have terrible color distinguishing from a trap that is set and a trap that went off on the map.

You counselor players also love to talk about how broken Jason's pre patch grab was but ignore his melee weapon when it comes to:

You also all cried your eyes out when Thick Skinned got the nerf it deserved for months, and still are hoarding one very broken perk which is double healing Medspray which needs to not be a thing anymore.

If you REALLY believe that this patch was better for the game, then you are a moron that has absolutely no clue on how game balance works. Instead of you greedy counselor players helping with us to push for Jason buffs in his terribly weak areas (and completely useless versions like Part 7), you rather fight against us and say "THE PATCH IS FINE, JUST ADAPT!".

No. You may have won the battle with your powerful crying aging from day one until this very patch. But you're not going to win the war. Jason will be fixed and he will dominate all you counselors that love to search in QP and complain about how "OP" Jason is when you have some players on the team with no mic, low leveled newbs, lone wolves, and overall terrible coordination.

You keep saying "you counselor players", but I have my preference set to Jason. I'm not a huge fan of counselor gameplay, but I don't let that blind me to the fact that Balance =/= What's Fun For Me. 

I think I'm gonna try to go through this point-by-point.

-That's because the distinctive lead pile would make no sense inside a building.

-What would you rather them do? Kill a counselor instantly? Incapacitate them?

-I will admit that's an issue, but that's less balancing and more quality-of-life.

-Melee weapon detection is also an issue that tends to affect Jason more than the counselors. I personally think that Jason's weapons could use a range increase.

-See above

-Counselor weapons stun because that's all they can do to hold off Jason: hit him hard with a bat. If Jason's weapon could force a stun or stumble, that'd just lead to insane combos on counselors with no chance of counterplay (kind of like Grab in its current state, but that's irrelevant)

Thick Skinned did deserve a nerf, but I don't see the issue with Medic.

I think it's laughable to call Jason weak in any area (though Part 7 is straight trash). But I wonder: instead of whining and calling people with differing opinions morons, have you tried actually adapting instead of spamming Grab from 8 feet away? (See, I can make assumptions too!)

I'm a bit confused by your use of "you" and "us". No matter your preference, you have to play counselor regardless. So, when you do play counselor, do you never find yourself annoyed at Jason? Or do you watch your character getting choked out for the 4th game and a row and think "Wow, Jason's so powerful, I love this!"

My solutions would be as follows:

Medic no longer gives you two health sprays. Just the healing bonus. It's currently just Thick Skin 2.0, and just as obnoxious, and should be nerfed for the same reasons.

Traps need to double the amount of time the player is trapped to make tanking more risky.

Jason's map altered so the trap triggered is obvious. Currently, responding to the wrong trap almost always means that objective is lost by the time Morph returns, making your success as Jason a frustrating coin flip at times.

Jason should know which car is which. Like with trap responding, Morphing to the wrong car at the start of the game can sink the entire match on small maps, as the car can sometimes be up and running before your 3rd Morph is even full.

Grab range needs to be improved. If not to pre-patch levels, something in the middle. Due to item marking, most combat is now against mobs who swarm to the objectives, where weapon fighting just gets you chain stunned. Grabs and the related entertaining kills are also the entire point of Jason. Disincentivising people to go for them pulls the rug from a huge part of the game. Jason's under such pressure these days, I almost only ever see Head Punch and Throttle.

Item marking completely ruins the game IMO. If it must be in, items should only be able to be marked by walkie users, and only revealed to people once they grab a walkie. If a non-walkie user dies with a part, it is no longer marked, and must be found manually. Or, preferably, just mark corpses with crosses. That way you must risk visiting corpses to find missing parts, which is way more atmospheric seeing the aftermatch of a killing, and has an element of randomness, and fear punishment when encountering one.

Marking really should be removed though. It makes every game play out the same, instead of the emergent storytelling that limited information created in the past. Now everyone has perfect information, they all play optimally. Messaging people to tell them where the part was when you died used to be considered cheating. Now it's an automatic feature! At least the corpse marking would retain some of the emergent storytelling.

Part spawns should be random, and no cabin should ever have more than 1 part. The fuse spawning near the phone box especially ruins matches when the police are called within 1 minute. Multiple parts in single cabins ruins small map matches. The random spawning on Jarvis makes the game much better, as the game is best when split into phases that ramp up the tension and tempo of the game - a looting phase, a courier phase, a repair phase, and an escape phase.

Proximity spawns with marking mean the looting and courier phases often end completely withing the first 5 minutes or sooner, and the majority of the game is a slog for Jason just defending the phone and car from an onslaught of tooled-up counselors. He has almost no time to disrupt players during the first two phases, again, making every game play out the same.

Emotes should lock you into a minimum amount of animation time. If you wish to taunt, you do so at your peril. The male Superhero pose already does this. Make dance poses last 4 seconds minimum, so they carry an element of risk.

Tommy needs to lose one or both of his consumables. He's already a second life. They effectively give him immunity from any initial successful attack - gran or slash, which considering his 10s in all stats, he will always manage to subsequently escape from, giving that player a THIRD life in effect.

Broken windows need to deal more damage. Second story falls should kill anyone not at full health. Obnoxious looping should not be rewarded.

Jason's proximity fear should be ramped by a lot for people who spend a lot of time close to him. It's absurd that I can run a circle around a table with Jason and not even lose my minimap. Making Fear max out quickly in this situation would increase stumbles and reduce stamina regen, making it something impossible to do indefinitely, and again, would also punish taunters by giving them a huge fear dose. You'd be terrified of shaking your junk in an undead killers face in real life - let's have the game reflect that too.

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

My solutions would be as follows:

Medic no longer gives you two health sprays. Just the healing bonus. It's currently just Thick Skin 2.0.

Traps need to double the amount of time the player is trapped to make tanking more risky.

Jason's map altered so the trap triggered is obvious. Currently, responding to the wrong trap almost always means that objective is lost by the time Morph returns, making your success as Jason a frustrating coin flip at times.

Jason should know which car is which. Like with trap responding, Morphing to the wrong car at the start of the game can sink the entire match on small maps, as the car can sometimes be up and running before your 3rd Morph is even full.

Grab range needs to be improved. If not to pre-patch levels, something in the middle.

Item marking completely ruins the game IMO. If it must be in, items should only be able to be marked by walkie users, and only revealed to people once they grab a walkie. If a non-walkie user dies with a part, it is no longer marked, and must be found manually.

Part spawns should be random, and no cabin should ever have more than 1 part. The fuse spawning near the phone box especially ruins matches when the police are called within 1 minute. Multiple parts in single cabins ruins small map matches.

Emotes should lock you into a minimum amount of animation time. If you wish to taunt, you do so at your peril. The male Superhero pose already does this. Make dance poses last 4 seconds minimum, so they carry an element of risk.

Tommy needs to lose one or both of his consumables.

Broken windows need to deal more damage. Second story falls should kill anyone not at full health.

Agreed. All of these changes. Except no consumables for Tommy, and he gets two shot gun blasts.

1 hour ago, Mr. Blonde said:

They won't be satisfied until all Jason can do is smack counselors in the ass and send them back to their cabins grounded for the rest of the night.

1 hour ago, DialM said:

FUCKING-

I wouldn't bother trying to have a discussion with that guy. He isn't interested in learning to git gud and as you said just wants fun to be a lottery where you get to suffer if you don't win.

1 person likes this

Yeah I don't get why they fucked Jason so hard with this latest patch. It's so comical now how easy it is to escape. Almost like a Benny Hill routine. 

That and fix the fucking connection issues.

1 person likes this

Every match I play as Jason now, the counselors all gang up on me. I deal with it as best as I can, but this shit isn't what an F13 game is supposed to be.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Mr. Blonde said:

If you REALLY believe that this patch was better for the game, then you are a moron that has absolutely no clue on how game balance works. Instead of you greedy counselor players helping with us to push for Jason buffs in his terribly weak areas (and completely useless versions like Part 7), you rather fight against us and say "THE PATCH IS FINE, JUST ADAPT! BEST PATCH YET!".

No. You may have won the battle with your powerful crying aging from day one until this very patch. But you're not going to win the war. Jason will be fixed and he will dominate all you counselors that love to search in QP and complain about how "OP" Jason is when you have some players on the team with no mic, low leveled newbs, lone wolves, and overall terrible coordination. You randoms failing to efficiently work together as the counselors was always the biggest issue of the game, not the game balance itself.

I have been advocating for larger hit detection for Jason's weapon in numerous threads, and i enjoy playing as both Jason and counsellors. This is the problem with your posts, you attack people who disagree with you no matter what. Some people literally do whine about how the game is too hard and you'd be right to call them crybabies, but others simply say "hmm there are pros and cons both ways, lets talk about it" and you just throw a tantrum at them. You lump everyone who doesn't idolize Jason the same way you do into one category. Saying things like, "you counsellors never mention Jason's weapon hit range" when we literally have been in this thread, or, "you all say best patch ever" when we have been talking openly about the patch being hit and miss is exactly what I mean.

EDIT: I don't like jumping on you like this, I love your passion for the F13 universe and appreciation for the force that is Jason, but the way you antagonize anyone who doesn't share your exact opinion is not healthy for this community. We need to be able to discuss the game and our differences to help improve it, not complain about anyone who doesn't quite view Jason the same way you do.

1 person likes this

This patch is absolute garbage. Since it came out, I haven't died once as a counselor; and I suck as a counselor. I stopped playing the game altogether because it's just gotten so boring. Part markers on the map NEED TO GO. I see a LOT of low-repair counselors picking up car parts and immediately dropping them so the high-repair counselors can grab and install them. It never fails. The developers are becoming an absolute disgrace to the franchise with the things they're doing to this game. People just dance around Jason and chain stun him while A.J. completely repairs the car in under thirty seconds with Jason five feet away. The atmosphere is completely gone in this game. Even if they revert Jason to the way he was when the game came out, counselors will just stand in the main building and have a fucking dance party in their swimsuits. 

3 people like this

7 hours ago, DialM said:

You know what happens when you make Jason so powerful that he'll always win? Your game will die cause no one wants to roll the 8-sided fun die! Sure, movie accuracy means that Jason is an unstoppable powerhouse, but that's not a fun game and the general audience will not like that.

But, on the other side, if in your rare match as Jason, the other players just make fun of you, are not afraid of you, run beside you without risk, escape without problem, outrun you with light speed just to jump through a broken window, and another and another and another without damage and chain stun you using a bat well...that's totally a problem as well. To be balanced this game must have an OP Jason, jason cannot be in pair with counselors. Let's say you want to balance out this game : right now every counselor as a value of 5, while Jason has a vaule of 20. Of course 1v1 this is not balanced at all but you have to think there are 7 counselors so the total value is 35 vs 20, there it is where the balance fail

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

I see a LOT of low-repair counselors picking up car parts and immediately dropping them so the high-repair counselors can grab and install them. 

YES. I've seen a TON of this and even hear people telling others to do this in the lobby. I tried this in my first round after the patch was released - I picked up a battery, carried it a few feet and dropped it to see if it would show up on the map. when it did, I immediately new it would be exploited... and it has. As someone that mains as a counselor, the markers only benefit me, but I still think it need to go. I like @ZooMalfunction's idea of marking bodies if they're going to insist on map markers. I know it doesn't solve the issue of trolls dropping stuff in the middle of nowhere, but it would work if you were playing with people that were actually trying. It just sucks that they have chosen to implement changes that affect EVERY game because ONCE IN AWHILE a troll trolls. News flash: trolls will continue to find other ways to troll. 

I always when I find parts (and I'm carrying one) pick it up and place it back down, then tell everyone (who bothers with Freaking mics :angry:) that I found this part, and its location, check the map. Sometimes I will do it as a place marker for myself so I know to come back after searching else where for parts. I like the marking on the maps to be honest.

38 minutes ago, matisangry said:

I like @ZooMalfunction's idea of marking bodies if they're going to insist on map markers. I know it doesn't solve the issue of trolls dropping stuff in the middle of nowhere, but it would work if you were playing with people that were actually trying. It just sucks that they have chosen to implement changes that affect EVERY game because ONCE IN AWHILE a troll trolls. News flash: trolls will continue to find other ways to troll. 

I've played about 1500 matches of this game, and can likely recall about 10 matches where trolls have hidden parts. It almost never happens.

The more popular troll is to get the car going, and run people over, or take them to Jason. Marking parts does nothing to stop this. In fact, it actually helps it, by making the car start more often, and giving the trolls a better chance at grabbing keys.

People can also simply refuse to drop them, or lock them in unreachable areas on any of the non-Crystal Lake maps. This has always happened way more often than abandoning them in the woods, and again, the game does nothing to prevent it.

Marking simply insulates the lobby against idiots and cowards, which nobody I know wants. Having to mitigate the effects of an unreliable team is a classic horror trope, and is what made the game challenging and fun.

Now, every single match plays out the exact same way. You speed loot your opening 2-3 cabins, and everything on the map has now been discovered and highlighted, and the entire team converges to attack an objective together.

The game carries no more risk, and as a result, no more reward. All the emergent stories and awesome anecdotes are gone, because every game is identical.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I've played about 1500 matches of this game, and can likely recall about 10 matches where trolls have hidden parts. It almost never happens.

The more popular troll is to get the car going, and run people over, or take them to Jason. Marking parts does nothing to stop this. In fact, it actually helps it, by making the car start more often, and giving the trolls a better chance at grabbing keys.

People can also simply refuse to drop them, or lock them in unreachable areas on any of the non-Crystal Lake maps. This has always happened way more often than abandoning them in the woods, and again, the game does nothing to prevent it.

Marking simply insulates the lobby against idiots and cowards, which nobody I know wants. Having to mitigate the effects of an unreliable team is a classic horror trope, and is what made the game challenging and fun.

Now, every single match plays out the exact same way. You speed loot your opening 2-3 cabins, and everything on the map has now been discovered and highlighted, and the entire team converges to attack an objective together.

The game carries no more risk, and as a result, no more reward. All the emergent stories and awesome anecdotes are gone, because every game is identical.

i agree with this. at level 85, i can probably count on one hand how many times I've seen people drop parts in the woods. this type of trolling is too passive. there's no instant gratification. hell, there's a chance their trolling could go unnoticed. i mean... what fun is that!?!? 

while i haven't thought about the map markers actually making it easier to troll, i think you're pretty spot on. 

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i agree with this. at level 85, i can probably count on one hand how many times I've seen people drop parts in the woods. this type of trolling is too passive for trolls. there's no instsnt gratification. hell, there's a chance their trolling could go unnoticed. i mean... what fun is that!?!? 

while i haven't thought about the map markers actually making it easier to troll, i think you're pretty spot on. 

Yep. Parts are now much easier to confiscate.

Everyone just drops the fuse by the phone now, and waits for everyone to converge, instead of having to manually find a high-repair character to give it to and escort back as before.

Way easier for a troll to just collect it and never drop it now. The patch has done nothing to stop trolling. It's just watered down interesting and intelligent gameplay.

1 person likes this

Marking bodies instead of parts is a great idea, and the kind of suggestion we need more of.

6 hours ago, Blinckx said:

But, on the other side, if in your rare match as Jason, the other players just make fun of you, are not afraid of you, run beside you without risk, escape without problem, outrun you with light speed just to jump through a broken window, and another and another and another without damage and chain stun you using a bat well...that's totally a problem as well. To be balanced this game must have an OP Jason, jason cannot be in pair with counselors. Let's say you want to balance out this game : right now every counselor as a value of 5, while Jason has a vaule of 20. Of course 1v1 this is not balanced at all but you have to think there are 7 counselors so the total value is 35 vs 20, there it is where the balance fail

Sorry for the double post, but I just have to say...

if players escape "without problem" against you then you should simply do a better job. I hate saying get good, but yeah.

Jason has shift, it's faster than any counsellor can run, even Vanessa. Yes, it cools down but you can predict the counsellors movements and sitll use shift to get close enough for a grab, slash, or even a stalk ahead of them. Plus, y'know.... throwing knives.

Chain stun you with a bat? The bat was just weakened. Use shift or morph to get away then come at them from another angle and scare the crap out of them. Not too difficult, especially if you have rage.

yes all 7 counsellors might collectively be more powerful than Jason, but counsellors still die far more easily. If you have a group of counsellors on you then strategize to split them up or focus on one at a time and they will fall.

Jason does need to be stronger but if it's this bad to you then you need more practice as Jason. Sometimes I think it's his controls that are the issue, not how powerful he is.