Alien_Number_Six

We need the new update. We need it quick.

365 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

If someone is doing great numbers as Jason, then the rest of the lobby is having fun by being challenged. That's how it should be.

Full stop. You shouldn't have any preconceived notions of what the game should be as you aren't the one developing it. Saying that since one person(Jason) is having fun that everyone is having fun but then literally going back on it when the roles are reversed is ridiculous. The game shouldn't be a fun lottery where only one person can win by being Jason.

16 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

That's how it should be. The current patch makes it so that Jason is the only person being challenged, so the other 7 are no longer having fun.

1 person likes this

You know guys, I'm gonna have to call this thread out for basically being a casul-bashing thread. Now, many of you are probably pissed at what I just said as well as getting ready to quote everything I say, but you need to hear me out. The patch wasn't this evil abomination, it basically fixed several problems that also tended to break immersion.

First, Tommy Jarvis needed help. Near the beginning of the match he would panic, screaming things like "I need to get out of here, I need to escape!" That broke immersion; Tommy wasn't afraid of dealing with Jason, and it basically told players to get out of the map ASAP instead of helping others. Now that has changed, and Tommy actually feels closer to a hero than he was before.

Next up, the grab mechanic: it was broken, and it broke immersion at the same time. Jason couldn't use the force to choke someone a la Darth Vader from 10+ feet away in the movies. People screaming it needed to stay so Jason remains threatening underlines a bigger problem: Jason needs more ways to capture counselors. The devs can always adjust the grab cone/radius in the next patch, and they did say they were going to keep a close eye on this.

Now, many of you are probably still pissed...but you know what? Several people, like myself, have been coming up with proposal to try and work with this new meta. I created a series of proposals to work with this new "one Jason trap per objective" rule to help combat the issue:

As a TL;DR (since I'm pretty sure most of you aren't gonna read these proposals), one of them involves added security to the phone box. In this case, Jason locked up the fuse box wtih a duraplastic bike chain, so before a counselor can even try to repair the fuse they have to cut the bike chain off with a pocket knife. But it involves a QTE that uses Strength, not Repair, so because of this a stealth/repair counselor cannot just do everything to fix the fuse box easily. If they screw up, it warns Jason with the same phone sound notification that someone is screwing around with the fuse box, and therefore Jason needs Morph ASAP to murder their ass. So if the counselor gets caught, and they use the pocket knife in self-defense, they no longer have the tool necessary to cut the plastic chain.

Add to this part where Jason can place one trap in front of the fuse box still, and you now have a heavily secured objective that makes it so Jason doesn't have to feel like he needs to triple-trap the phone box just to prevent people from zerg rushing it. Finally, if you do successfully cut the bike chain with the pocket knife, it will be used up since the duraplastic chain wore out the knife blade, and therefore you're down a pocket knife.

Furthermore, other people have been coming up with great proposals in light of these new changes to try giving Jason new mechanics/ways to catch the pesky counselors. Laphin came out with a video recently that had some great ideas in regards to make the game more immersive as well as making Jason more threatening: you can see it in the off-topic section.

TL;DR The only thing many of you are doing on this thread is picking fights with people, getting angry, and not paying attention to the fact there are people like myself who prefer counselor who also wish to see a vicious Jason in-game. How about reading up on some of the suggestions people have been coming out with as of recent? Because the only thing several of you are doing right now is alienating yourselves from people who are trying to improve this game.

1 person likes this

On 11/1/2017 at 4:30 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

In many matches last night I would raid a couple of cabins and the police would be on their way. Granted the Good Sport Club on PS4 is full of good players. However it was too easy to escape good Jason's too. I literally bumped right into @pioneer67fkd as he came out of shift and ran right past him as he missed his completely useless grab attempt. This game needs some of it's edge back. I hope to see the new patch soon with some changes towards making Jason more deadly and the councilors less likely to escape. It's just way too easy. Jason feels clunky. And as a counselor the thrill of the chase is over.

Be careful what you wish for. @Alien_Number_Six

tumblr_mm7cviI6YW1rlct23o1_400.gif

Some patches are not needed. :lol:

giphy.gif

56 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Be careful what you wish for. @Alien_Number_Six

tumblr_mm7cviI6YW1rlct23o1_400.gif

Some patches are not needed. :lol:

giphy.gif

Bring it on, Werewolf Jason! LOL!

Seriously though, The werewolf gif makes for a MUCH more fun experience.

Are people REALLY this scared of Jason becoming powerful in his own game? (how it should be)

Let's be serious, if this was a MOVIE, none of these counselors would survive besides the final girl, and possibly Tommy. That's it! And Jason would be way more scarier in the movie. There would be no ring around the rosie running around the same table for 5+ mins, 5 kids with bats beating up on Jason, etc. You would actually trip and die if you were dumb enough to hang around Jason.

So all these people going "yeah 3 or half escaping should be the norm cause you win some, lose some" have no clue what they're talking about and don't want this game to be similar to an actual F13 movie which was how it was promised in it's development.

5 people like this

55 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

So all these people going "yeah 3 or half escaping should be the norm cause you win some, lose some" have no clue what they're talking about and don't want this game to be similar to an actual F13 movie which was how it was promised in it's development.

This is what I don't understand about these people.

You play a fighting game, and 1 person wins. You play a sports game, and 1 person wins. You play a racing game, and 1 person wins. You play a FFA shooting game, and 1 person wins. You play a TDM shooting game, and while your team may win, it still has a leaderboard, and only one person gets MVP.

Yet they play Friday the 13th, and piss and moan if only one person escapes on average. They need to change the game so everyone gets a participation prize, despite it being in conflict with the films, the game's genre, and the stated aims of the Kickstarter. A game that's all about survival and searching should now hold everyone's hands and constantly direct them towards their victory conditions. A game that's all about horror should now stop making the killer powerful and scary.

"Waah! My undeserved second chance only starts with a shotgun!" "There, there - have a medspray and a pocket knife too."

And the developers continue to pander to them so they have more people to sell pink cop costumes and breakdances to. It's ridiculous. It's a mockery. I genuinely feel more like I'm playing a Scooby Doo game that a Friday the 13th one these days, such is the lack of threat and atmosphere. I'm just waiting until they remove the option for Jason to kill anyone, and players just get downed, and can be revivied by other counselors. You know, for 'balance'.

The only thing keeping me invested in the game now is the vague hope they revert the patch, or that the Paranoia mode is an acceptable substitute to the main mode. At least until the participation award crybabies fuck that up too, by demanding it match their own level of mediocrity.

12 people like this

I didn't notice the grab issue until last night. You have to be right on a counselor now. I don't think it needs to be restored to how powerful it was before, but I definitely think there's some middle ground to be found here. 

I realize they probably aren't going to bring back the trap stacking.  I just wish they would fix the issue that made us stack in the first place.  Those traps should be almost deadly.  None of this trap tanking shit.  You shouldn't be able to just run through traps, spray up and hit another perks or not.

I don't mind the Tommy change.  I hope more people begin to play him the way he was intended.

The grab range sucks.  It was too long before, i'll give them that, but when you can't grab a counselor jogging right past you it's a problem.

3 people like this

Since the new patch Jason is definitely not a threat and I have noticed now a lot more people helping Jason, last few games I played 1 outta 3 games people would team up with their buddy if he was Jason to help him get kills. Even then they can't get many lol

I really wish one of the devs would address this. I've never seen the board blow up for severely over an update like it has over Jason's nerfed grab.

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

Those traps should be almost deadly.  None of this trap tanking shit.  You shouldn't be able to just run through traps, spray up and hit another perks or not.

Traps should hold the person immobile for double the time. Auto-limping is good. But there should be a danger in springing them even for characters with sprays.

Also, Medic should not exist as a perk.

Med sprays are ubiquitious, and spawn in guaranteed areas. Giving two uses per spray circumvents the dangers in trap tanking and window looping - even with broken windows and on the second floor.

Now the grab is ruined, you have to chop more, but as everyone has two sprays minimum, you may as well be hitting them with a foam baseball bat.

They nerfed Thick Skin twice for these very reasons, yet keep in Medic which people use for the exact same purpose.

On 11/1/2017 at 6:30 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

In many matches last night I would raid a couple of cabins and the police would be on their way. Granted the Good Sport Club on PS4 is full of good players. However it was too easy to escape good Jason's too. I literally bumped right into @pioneer67fkd as he came out of shift and ran right past him as he missed his completely useless grab attempt. This game needs some of it's edge back. I hope to see the new patch soon with some changes towards making Jason more deadly and the councilors less likely to escape. It's just way too easy. Jason feels clunky. And as a counselor the thrill of the chase is over.

Couldn’t agree more! This latest patch made Jason a bitch!!! Hence why I’m not playing anymore until this is fixed!! I’m so sick of this damn game game making a half a step forward while going 15 steps back right after!!! 

48 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I really wish one of the devs would address this. I've never seen the board blow up for severely over an update like it has over Jason's nerfed grab.

It's not just the grab, but it's item marking in conjunction. Just one would be bad, but the two together is a disaster.

Jason is now far less effective, and matches proceed to the objective fixing stage almost immediately, and never let up.

All it takes is one person to drop the fuse by the phone, and you now have a 7v1, which Jason simply cannot deal with, and just gets smashed like a pinata while everyone dances around him.

1 person likes this

36 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

It's not just the grab, but it's item marking in conjunction. Just one would be bad, but the two together is a disaster.

Jason is now far less effective, and matches proceed to the objective fixing stage almost immediately, and never let up.

All it takes is one person to drop the fuse by the phone, and you now have a 7v1, which Jason simply cannot deal with, and just gets smashed like a pinata while everyone dances around him.

You just gotta switch up your tactics as jason.  I've still been a part of several games where jason still had 8 out of 8 even with a lobby of good counselors with mics.

2 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

This is what I don't understand about these people.

You play a fighting game, and 1 person wins. You play a sports game, and 1 person wins. You play a racing game, and 1 person wins. You play a FFA shooting game, and 1 person wins. You play a TDM shooting game, and while your team may win, it still has a leaderboard, and only one person gets MVP.

Yet they play Friday the 13th, and piss and moan if only one person escapes on average. They need to change the game so everyone gets a participation prize, despite it being in conflict with the films, the game's genre, and the stated aims of the Kickstarter. A game that's all about survival and searching should now hold everyone's hands and constantly direct them towards their victory conditions. A game that's all about horror should now stop making the killer powerful and scary.

"Waah! My undeserved second chance only starts with a shotgun!" "There, there - have a medspray and a pocket knife too."

And the developers continue to pander to them so they have more people to sell pink cop costumes and breakdances to. It's ridiculous. It's a mockery. I genuinely feel more like I'm playing a Scooby Doo game that a Friday the 13th one these days, such is the lack of threat and atmosphere. I'm just waiting until they remove the option for Jason to kill anyone, and players just get downed, and can be revivied by other counselors. You know, for 'balance'.

The only thing keeping me invested in the game now is the vague hope they revert the patch, or that the Paranoia mode is an acceptable substitute to the main mode. At least until the participation award crybabies fuck that up too, by demanding it match their own level of mediocrity.

This!!!!!

This game is really too counselor friendly now, like what’s the point of having items showing up on the map like have you ever heard of a damn walkie talkie or communicating with other counselors? Ok I get it the devs are only benefiting the public lobbies because barely anyone speaks on there but god don’t make the game so easy for them and a nightmare for Jason... 

5 hours ago, Trident77 said:

You know guys, I'm gonna have to call this thread out for basically being a casul-bashing thread. Now, many of you are probably pissed at what I just said as well as getting ready to quote everything I say, but you need to hear me out. The patch wasn't this evil abomination, it basically fixed several problems that also tended to break immersion.

First, Tommy Jarvis needed help. Near the beginning of the match he would panic, screaming things like "I need to get out of here, I need to escape!" That broke immersion; Tommy wasn't afraid of dealing with Jason, and it basically told players to get out of the map ASAP instead of helping others. Now that has changed, and Tommy actually feels closer to a hero than he was before.

Next up, the grab mechanic: it was broken, and it broke immersion at the same time. Jason couldn't use the force to choke someone a la Darth Vader from 10+ feet away in the movies. People screaming it needed to stay so Jason remains threatening underlines a bigger problem: Jason needs more ways to capture counselors. The devs can always adjust the grab cone/radius in the next patch, and they did say they were going to keep a close eye on this.

Now, many of you are probably still pissed...but you know what? Several people, like myself, have been coming up with proposal to try and work with this new meta. I created a series of proposals to work with this new "one Jason trap per objective" rule to help combat the issue:

As a TL;DR (since I'm pretty sure most of you aren't gonna read these proposals), one of them involves added security to the phone box. In this case, Jason locked up the fuse box wtih a duraplastic bike chain, so before a counselor can even try to repair the fuse they have to cut the bike chain off with a pocket knife. But it involves a QTE that uses Strength, not Repair, so because of this a stealth/repair counselor cannot just do everything to fix the fuse box easily. If they screw up, it warns Jason with the same phone sound notification that someone is screwing around with the fuse box, and therefore Jason needs Morph ASAP to murder their ass. So if the counselor gets caught, and they use the pocket knife in self-defense, they no longer have the tool necessary to cut the plastic chain.

Add to this part where Jason can place one trap in front of the fuse box still, and you now have a heavily secured objective that makes it so Jason doesn't have to feel like he needs to triple-trap the phone box just to prevent people from zerg rushing it. Finally, if you do successfully cut the bike chain with the pocket knife, it will be used up since the duraplastic chain wore out the knife blade, and therefore you're down a pocket knife.

Furthermore, other people have been coming up with great proposals in light of these new changes to try giving Jason new mechanics/ways to catch the pesky counselors. Laphin came out with a video recently that had some great ideas in regards to make the game more immersive as well as making Jason more threatening: you can see it in the off-topic section.

TL;DR The only thing many of you are doing on this thread is picking fights with people, getting angry, and not paying attention to the fact there are people like myself who prefer counselor who also wish to see a vicious Jason in-game. How about reading up on some of the suggestions people have been coming out with as of recent? Because the only thing several of you are doing right now is alienating yourselves from people who are trying to improve this game.

While i don't like the exact proposals you're making (a bike chain just seems odd), you are making well-thought suggestions and I would never ridicule you for that. The concept of using strength, or perhaps composure, for an objective is quite interesting! This board population is so black and white at times, and you my friend have done a nice job of looking into a healthy middle ground.

I am one of those rare players that think the patch was hit and miss. The Tommy changes were necessary ages ago and really help gameplay. However Jason does feel just a little too off now. I think fixing his grab was a great choice... unfortunately they needed to back it up with something in Jason's favor, and they didn't. So now we have Jason's grab where should be, but jason himself needs a minor buff in a different way to counteract it. 

1 person likes this

I'm not here to say what they should improve or change. Everybody of us has his idea. But I will put it very simple: before the patch you were scared of Jason, now he is a joke. And this completely ruin the game. 
I'm not a totally negative guy, I still play with it and have fun (even if no near as much as before the patch). I think that the team behind the game has done a terrific job and they should be praised for their effort and ideas. Last patch does not change my mind about this. 
BUT
I totally agree with @ZooMalfunction. It's a pity that kids who don't want learn to play the game have fucked this up.
The result of recent changes is a dumb teenager dressed as a sexy cop with pink costume dancing and mocking the most lethal horror killer in the history of movies. I think there is something wrong in it. 

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, Hancove said:

The result of recent changes is a dumb teenager dressed as a sexy cop with pink costume dancing and mocking the most lethal horror killer in the history of movies. I think there is something wrong in it. 

This is more to do with emotes and costumes as dlc, not the recent patch. I know the patch weakened Jason to a certain extent, but people usually only do this when they are loaded with knives and in a group. While I agree dance parties around Jason happen way too often, i think we all need to lighten up a bit and cut loose in game every once in a while. I have no problems with what a counsellor is wearing. If Kenny's in a halloween costume i just assume it's halloween in game. Doesn't matter to me, once i dismember him, ain't nobody going to want to wear that costume. 

I will say about emotes... they do help role play as teenage counsellors. Perhaps not teenage counsellors who should be cowering in fear or fighting for their lives, but still...

5 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

This is more to do with emotes and costumes as dlc, not the recent patch. I know the patch weakened Jason to a certain extent, but people usually only do this when they are loaded with knives and in a group. While I agree dance parties around Jason happen way too often, i think we all need to lighten up a bit and cut loose in game every once in a while. I have no problems with what a counsellor is wearing. If Kenny's in a halloween costume i just assume it's halloween in game. Doesn't matter to me, once i dismember him, ain't nobody going to want to wear that costume. 

I will say about emotes... they do help role play as teenage counsellors. Perhaps not teenage counsellors who should be cowering in fear or fighting for their lives, but still...

As I said I'm not completely negative. 
Costumes and emotes are not a problem, I understand also the business purpose behind them so they are ok for me. What I am criticizing is the fact that Jason is become a joke. All this together: bikinis + sexy cops + multinerfs brought us to witness (a bit too often as you say) a little guy that should be scaring the shit out of him dancing in front of a lethal killer. I hope they will somehow revert this in the next patch. 

I hope they remedy this situation...or it could be a "jump the shark" moment.

To echo @ZooMalfunction. It is starting to feel like Scooby Doo: The Game.

A non-threatening Jason stumbling around the place trying to grab people like he's drunk too much Crystal Lake Wine, silly outfits from a "Sims - Party Expansion Pack", cheesy dancing by counselors who are being hunted by an undead killer...it feels more "Scary Movie"  than Friday the 13th.

It's a shame as they really had the atmosphere nailed, they'd done an excellent job - but recent patch additions and patch "removals" have rendered it a bit of a parody of itself. It's no longer survival horror when it's piss easy to survive. So the thrill has diminished somewhat. Will be giving the game a miss until something is done.

I'm hoping the single player component will be less "Scooby Doo" and more Friday the 13th. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I usually agree with you fully, but I don't think this last patch was a disaster. If Jason plays smart it makes it easier for him to find counsellors. Traps were an odd adjustment choice by gun, but the item marking hasn't been as bad as I thought (I'm neutral on it, I think it hinders and helps gameplay equally). It isn't often 7 counsellors have the coordination to defend the fuse house. Perhaps 3 or 4, but a good Jason will almost always kill most of them before the call gets off, leaving him with only the stragglers to deal with. 

Again, I agree that Jason needs a minor buff but the patch wasn't that bad. People act as if the devs put a plastic halo over Jason's head and asked him to go cabin to cabin delivering chocolate bars, but that's hardly the case. Jason is still OP, just not quite as OP as he should be. People on extreme sides of this debate need to look past their own preferences and at the game as whole.

1 survivor each game would not work for the gameplay. Other games yes, but not this one. Perhaps in a different mode, but not the mode we have now. Jason should absolutely kill more counsellors than not most of the time and the game should resemble the movies, but it doesn't need to be an exact replica of the films. Minor differences for the sake of the game are fine. I'd say in a lobby with 8 players, Jason should be killing 5 -7. He might get 8/8 sometimes, and he sometimes he might get 3 or 4,  but just enough counsellors should escape on average to keep the players thinking that the odds are stacked heavily against them, but with a little luck and teamwork they just might make it out alive. 

There a lot of new players since the physical release. As those players get better, they will become better Jasons. Yes, they will become better counsellors too, but Jason is > than counsellors still.  Better Jasons should result a slight uptick in deaths overall. 

47 minutes ago, Hancove said:

As I said I'm not completely negative. 
Costumes and emotes are not a problem, I understand also the business purpose behind them so they are ok for me. What I am criticizing is the fact that Jason is become a joke. All this together: bikinis + sexy cops + multinerfs brought us to witness (a bit too often as you say) a little guy that should be scaring the shit out of him dancing in front of a lethal killer. I hope they will somehow revert this in the next patch. 

I'm with you except i just don't see Jason as a joke. He is still far more powerful than counsellors (as he should be) and a well-played Jason can still get 7/8 or 8/8 pretty frequently. Yes, they weakened him a tad too much... but barely. He is hardly this "joke" people keep claiming he is. I'm with everyone who says Jason needs to be made more powerful again after the last patch. Yes, 100%! But he doesn't need his grab back, and he isn't a joke. The differences made by the last patch swung to far in the counsellors favour, but it wasn't this slap in the face some people pretend it was. 

All this hem hawing, boo hooing, some of it justified - most of it just tree hugging nonsense - bottom line is until we can play the game without a bitch host leaving after dancing in Jason's face then acting like a spoiled school girl when getting murdered & quitting mid-kill, thus ruining the experience for everyone else, it's going to be a quick road to killing this game before it reached its true potential.

That is the sad fact of business. Entitled babies who don't get their way are killing this game for a grand base of players who have been patient & want it to succeed. I aplaud the effort up to this point but unless we can fix this giant issue, it will remain broken regardless of content. 

How am I supposed to enjoy & get immersed into a match when in the back of my mind I know that when a douche bag host doesn't get what they want out of it, chances are the game will abruptly end. Are these the kind of people that have never experienced getting their asses whooped because their caretakers found it too cruel & everyone should get a participation trophy, resulting in such massive over-exagerations like ADHD, Autism & bipolarism? 

Not that there are no real cases of such issues - there are & they are very real. 

But...

There are many more cases that are fabricated for the sake of excusing the real issues. Here, in the online gaming community, it becomes ever & even more evident: people are shitty, they are babies, douche canoes & it's likely the result of foolish upbringing & a false sense of entitlement along with the lack of real consequences for their actions. 

But for the so very few sincerely cool, awesome & good-hearted people here, there & everwhere....Rock On! 

Ugh.

1 person likes this