Alien_Number_Six

We need the new update. We need it quick.

365 posts in this topic

I admit Jason is a joke. Me and a friend stunned Jason over 20 times the other night. I was out of weapons and using pots and pans. I mean it's a joke. It's so sad how much of a pussy the once great Jason has become. It's not just grab or trap though, as I keep saying windows, the way the controllers feel so clunky, the lack of combat, the almost every time you play, Jason gets fucked up to where the buttons don't work and he has to find a counselor to STUN him so he can get back to work. And don't  you DARE ask a QP match and ask someone, first thing they will do is scream on radio "Jason can't use his weapons, hahahaha don't help him we can just escape" and will sit there and dance while you just stand there.

 

Poor ol' Jason should go back to his cabin and say fuck it and let them do what they want. Except if Jason would do that, they would just go to his shack and beat or kill him.

I can honestly say that I can't remember a room hardly that the cops aren't called, both cars on the road, etc.... It's just like now if you are killed as a counselor, ppl are like  "WOW you got killed?"

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm done with the game unless it gets patched now. This shit sucks worse than the roof glitchers.

Playing as Jason is now a thankless chore. You feel like you're swimming upstream the entire match just to be entertainment for some dancing douchebags.

Playing as a counselor is boring as it requires very little skill, seeing as all the parts are always located and in play, and Jason is a joke, so people simply resort to trolling Jason to get their kicks.

When the previously wonderful core mechanics have been damaged so badly, your goodwill towards all the other bullshit that hasn't been fixed in months starts to evaporate - the shitty matchmaking and endless disconnects. The host quitters. The awful hit detection. Shit like the sweater randomly not working. Jason falling through the map at the start of the match...

I feel like I've been beta testing this game for free for months, and it's insulting.

When you've made a Friday the 13th game, but nobody's scared of Jason, then you've seriously fucked up. When you've made a Friday the 13th game and nobody wants to even play as Jason, you know you've fucked up even worse.

The worst thing is that he used to be terrifying, and everyone loved playing as him. You managed to turn gold into shit.

13 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

It has nothing to do with the patch

No, it has everything to do with the patch. The latest patch has cut off Jason's dick and shoved it up his ass.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I think I'm done with the game unless it gets patched now. This shit sucks worse than the roof glitchers.

For real. And you get to play so rarely as Jason that it's not like you can even practice with him to try to succeed despite his nerfs. Every match is a trial by fire now. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

 

When you've made a Friday the 13th game, but nobody's scared of Jason, then you've seriously fucked up. When you've made a Friday the 13th game and nobody wants to even play as Jason, you know you've fucked up even worse.

This is my biggest issue as well. 

I bought/backed this game because I believed we would be delivered with an engaging Friday the 13th experience. Something more than just a game. Up until recently, that's what I got. 

Currently it just feels like another video game. The experience of F13 is gone. The fear, tension, immersion, and thrill of it is currently missing. 

I'm not giving up yet. I'm optimistic that the pendulum is going to swing in the opposite direction in the next patch. I just hope it swings far enough to bring Jason back from the dead.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another day, another exhausted attempt to drive an agenda. Some of yal must have Facebook, Reddit, InfoWars, Breitbart, and this forum in permanent tabs open at all times the way you try to push your personal opinions as facts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

It has nothing to do with the patch, it has to do with the new influx of players that purchased the game because of the octuber sale. I've noticed this myself, most Jasons (and counselors) currently are absolutely clueless. They wander around never knowing what they're doing, they don't trap anything... And when they grab you, you get to escape because it takes them a few attempts to figure out that they need to press a number to perform the kill. I had to teach a few Jasons how to trap stuff and allowed them to kill me just to understand how to perform an execution after grabbing xD 

Brilliant!!! I completely forgot about that. Even Steam has had a lot more people on. I've coached a couple of new Jasons recently too. 

The people I know that are good with Jason are having trouble with the new patch but they're still killing pretty much everybody. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the tears are real in this thread and no one really addressed the real problems.

1.People understand how the game is played now and its making games go by faster as people aren't roaming around doing nothing all game.

2.Jason traps are no longer effective as a deterrent because people understand the purpose of FAS.

3.Combat stance is no longer ridiculously OP as Jason and as a result people beat up on him now.

4.Even though Luck has been nerfed for counselors, speed and stamina remain untouched and are really the only two stats that matter when dealing with Jason.

The possible solutions:

1. Completely randomize the spawns of objective items and the objectives themselves. Don't allow them to spawn stacked at a single location.

2. Now this is a hard one to cover without making them strong as hell. Most people just use them to trap objectives so maybe spawn all objectives with a trap on them already and have Jason generate a trap every 3.5 minutes so he can retrap objectives or use them on houses. Alternatively we could have traps maim counselors and reduce their max stamina by half for a set duration so that fast counselors can't just go pop everything instantly and get away.

3.I'd like rage to generate faster as Jason from combat and have him be able to spend it to either do an AOE swing that is unblockable or possibly a very short aoe stun to grab/attack counselors that hover too closely. Hitting Jason in a block should only recover the stamina that was spent on the attack instead of giving over half of it back.

4. The only counselors I dread facing in this game are these archetypes. Even when they are the last ones left they can run you around for a very long time especially if they have FAS. I'd just like to see a fear mechanic that helps deal with the fast counselors since they all suffer from low composure. Maybe they drop items when they stumble or just lose a small amount of stamina each time.

 

People who are complaining that others aren't afraid of Jason won't magically make people afraid if we buff him beyond being OP. It will just make people leave out of boredom.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that Jason's grab is more realistic but I don't like that he is less powerful. Vacuum grab was always annoying, laughable, and even as Jason I didn't feel like I earned a kill as much via vacuum grab at its worst. However, there needs to be a counter now. Perhaps his grab is added back halfway between where it is now and it was, or he has more realistic weapon range (longer reach) or something. I'm just not sure what.

I will say that I still don't find it that hard to have good Jason games, even against good counsellors. You just have to predict their movements more to lineup a grab. It is certainly harder, but it's not like the gates have opened when I'm Jason. Most people will still die. 

Fixing Jason's grab was a good thing, doing so without a counter balance was not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

That's a great cliche, bullshit line, but I can assure you that you would get smoked by the people I regularly play with. Most people do. 

If that's the case, if I'm constantly playing against losers, then there must only be 20 mysterious people that are "skilled" players. Where are all these F13 shaolin monks that everyone is talking about? I've consistently played way too many hours to have missed them.

The only "skill" needed in this game is the ability to anticipate. The mechanics are too dumb to warrant the word "skill". Please stop making yourselves feel better with that word. It's an insult to people with true skills.  "practiced" and "unpracticed" are better words to use.

Here's the deal.....and I would never normally say this (and it's not just directed to you), but you must suck at this game to complain about it so much. You must be actively ignorant to your own mistakes. You enjoyed the free ride of ease but now you have to pay and this game don't charge in tears. So you can put those away and open your eyes. Or go play something else....watch a movie.....take a walk.

Dude, there's nothing but new players playing these days. The more skilled players left for dbd after the Easy Mode patch. Just wait until they figure out what they're doing.

Pull your skirt down. I didn't insult you. I implied that you weren't playing with the most skilled people, which was probably true.

6 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:
  7 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I can't respect anyone who claims the new patch has improved the game.

They're just bad players who enjoy the fact the difficulty has been lowered dramatically, and make unfalsifiable claims about their skill level as a shield.

The kind of people who prefer a game that gifts them wins every 4/5 games to one that makes them really earn their wins, at a much, much lower rate.

You people are ruining the game. You've taken something bold and unique, and infected it with your own mediocrity.

I think I'm done with the game unless it gets patched now. This shit sucks worse than the roof glitchers.

Playing as Jason is now a thankless chore. You feel like you're swimming upstream the entire match just to be entertainment for some dancing douchebags.

Playing as a counselor is boring as it requires very little skill, seeing as all the parts are always located and in play, and Jason is a joke, so people simply resort to trolling Jason to get their kicks.... (snip)

When you've made a Friday the 13th game, but nobody's scared of Jason, then you've seriously fucked up. When you've made a Friday the 13th game and nobody wants to even play as Jason, you know you've fucked up even worse.

The worst thing is that he used to be terrifying, and everyone loved playing as him. You managed to turn gold into shit.

@ZooMalfunction speaks the truth.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, camp_voorhees said:

i don't care what anyone says.

very constructilve here. why even post. no one cares about people that don´t care about others.

 

on topic: maybe a bit of a buff to the cone. not the range. and only a bit. other than that i  still see good jasons wiping out the whole team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Caulus said:

Pull your skirt down. I didn't insult you. I implied that you weren't playing with the most skilled people, which was probably true.

You know...I realized that I might've jumped the gun on that one. The reason why it pissed me off was because I believe I reiterated that the people I was playing against were good. So by saying that they weren't was basically calling me a liar or stupid.

And everyone says it so much, that it's almost a troll comment at this point. 

I've played this game for 575 hours during all hours of the day and night. Not enough people play this game for me not to have seen the best of the best. I doubt it's any different on consoles, even though I know you have a bigger player base.

And I'll admit, I believe the best PC players of this game would probably dominate the best console players. So there's a good chance that I've seen the best that you won't ever see. 

Even though the controls for this game don't need the accuracy of a mouse as fps's do, everyone I know that uses both (controller and mouse and keyboard) tell me that it's easier with mouse and keyboard. A controller is doable but harder on execution even with Jason game. 

I think there's something wrong with you guys the way you're all overreacting to this. What do you want from this game? What narrow sliver of acceptability is this supposed to squeeze through?

I am not a calm nor patient person. Why is this bothering you guys more than it's not bothering me? Especially seeing as shift grabbing has always been a bit of a struggle for me intermittently. 

Is it that much harder to play this on a console? I use a controller too, which is why I don't think I'm that great. But I'm really good and I know what's going on. 

Maybe I'm better at shift grabbing than I think I am. Maybe I was able to relax and focus and test out the grab so I can better understand how to approach it, so I can do it with more confidence. And that's what I think you guys need....more confidence. 

I think everybody is still falling back on their original habits and it's completely shaking them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

You know...I realized that I might've jumped the gun on that one. The reason why it pissed me off was because I believe I reiterated that the people I was playing against were good. So by saying that they weren't was basically calling me a liar or stupid.

And everyone says it so much, that it's almost a troll comment at this point. 

I've played this game for 575 hours during all hours of the day and night. Not enough people play this game for me not to have seen the best of the best. I doubt it's any different on consoles, even though I know you have a bigger player base.

And I'll admit, I believe the best PC players of this game would probably dominate the best console players. So there's a good chance that I've seen the best that you won't ever see. 

Even though the controls for this game don't need the accuracy of a mouse as fps's do, everyone I know that uses both (controller and mouse and keyboard) tell me that it's easier with mouse and keyboard. A controller is doable but harder on execution even with Jason game. 

I think there's something wrong with you guys the way you're all overreacting to this. What do you want from this game? What narrow sliver of acceptability is this supposed to squeeze through?

I am not a calm nor patient person. Why is this bothering you guys more than it's not bothering me? Especially seeing as shift grabbing has always been a bit of a struggle for me intermittently. 

Is it that much harder to play this on a console? I use a controller too, which is why I don't think I'm that great. But I'm really good and I know what's going on. 

Maybe I'm better at shift grabbing than I think I am. Maybe I was able to relax and focus and test out the grab so I can better understand how to approach it, so I can do it with more confidence. And that's what I think you guys need....more confidence. 

I think everybody is still falling back on their original habits and it's completely shaking them.

or how about they don't change so much in one patch after a game has been out for six months. as for pc players the game is smoother than on consoles where there is alot lag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pioneer67fkd said:

or how about they don't change so much in one patch after a game has been out for six months

And THAT I will completely agree with. The business man in me was very bothered by that move on principle. 

I think it's very difficult for creators to truly understand their audience. They forget that people get used to things and it eventually becomes the definitive version for them. They don't care what your intentions were. The audience is the owner now. 

It's one of the most complicated systems for a human being to understand, let alone master. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally believe Jason's grab range will be increased, but not to the extent of what it was before (which is ideal)- and it will make its way in the next patch.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dolemite said:

For real. And you get to play so rarely as Jason that it's not like you can even practice with him to try to succeed despite his nerfs. Every match is a trial by fire now. 

This. Since the update I've played him three times and one time was in a lobby with a group of 5, I killed the party leader first and he left, taking all 4 of his friends with him. 

Jason shouldn't be all too challenging to play, especially not compared to the councillors, because you'll rarely ever play him. Playing councillor should be the hardest because that's what you'll be doing 98% of the time, you've have more than enough opportunity to practice and develop your style/strategy. Not only that but it should be rewarding to escape, it shouldn't just be spoon fed to you, it shouldn't be expected of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Another day, another exhausted attempt to drive an agenda. Some of yal must have Facebook, Reddit, InfoWars, Breitbart, and this forum in permanent tabs open at all times the way you try to push your personal opinions as facts. 

"Drive an agenda"...? This is just an odd post.

BTW, when it comes to how people feel about the game and it's updates, opinions ARE facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a backer(still haven’t received my copy) and don’t enjoy playing the game anymore, it is simple to escape , and Jason is now back to being a total joke, the grab sucks, the slashing has never been good, seems like they slowed Jason down in all categories, not just the ones they listed. They only thing they improved is the shifts on all Jason’s (another thing not mentioned) but that doesn’t make up for the lack of destruction, lousy shift grap, traps etc.

Only the non Friday fans who are just gamers like the game being made easier, they will be gone in a couple of months, the devs are pushing away the people who helped make this game exist, this game is going to die. Up until the last patch(seems like most of their patches only mess up the game) it was really becoming the game I wished for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I think I'm done with the game unless it gets patched now. This shit sucks worse than the roof glitchers.

Playing as Jason is now a thankless chore. You feel like you're swimming upstream the entire match just to be entertainment for some dancing douchebags.

Playing as a counselor is boring as it requires very little skill, seeing as all the parts are always located and in play, and Jason is a joke, so people simply resort to trolling Jason to get their kicks.

When the previously wonderful core mechanics have been damaged so badly, your goodwill towards all the other bullshit that hasn't been fixed in months starts to evaporate - the shitty matchmaking and endless disconnects. The host quitters. The awful hit detection. Shit like the sweater randomly not working. Jason falling through the map at the start of the match...

I feel like I've been beta testing this game for free for months, and it's insulting.

When you've made a Friday the 13th game, but nobody's scared of Jason, then you've seriously fucked up. When you've made a Friday the 13th game and nobody wants to even play as Jason, you know you've fucked up even worse.

The worst thing is that he used to be terrifying, and everyone loved playing as him. You managed to turn gold into shit.

This is absolutely true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The amount of times I should’ve grabbed a counselor last night was unreal and I got 4/8 because of it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Another day, another exhausted attempt to drive an agenda. Some of yal must have Facebook, Reddit, InfoWars, Breitbart, and this forum in permanent tabs open at all times the way you try to push your personal opinions as facts. 

Couldn't you say the same about the people that whine that Jason is 'too op'?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

The amount of times I should’ve grabbed a counselor last night was unreal and I got 4/8 because of it.

SAME!!!

Especially during that flustercuck around the phone house and car!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, every time a new patch comes out,  this thread comes up.  I have no problem with where jason stands during the update. I have bad games and good games with jason.  As a gamer, I learned that I just have to adopt to changes.  

Beside,  the game wouldn't be fun if you got 8 out of 8 all the time and you were never challenged. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Lol, every time a new patch comes out,  this thread comes up.  I have no problem with where jason stands during the update. I have bad games and good games with jason.  As a gamer, I learned that I just have to adopt to changes.  

Beside,  the game wouldn't be fun if you got 8 out of 8 all the time and you were never challenged. 

If someone is doing great numbers as Jason, then the rest of the lobby is having fun by being challenged. That's how it should be. The current patch makes it so that Jason is the only person being challenged, so the other 7 are no longer having fun.

And Jason's not even being challenged in a good way, because the mechanics are so unfavourable to him that you're fighting an uphill battle the entire match, so nobody apart from the trolls and those who love easy wins and ruining the atmosphere by dancing and teabagging and running people over like they're playing GTA are having fun.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

If someone is doing great numbers as Jason, then the rest of the lobby is having fun by being challenged. That's how it should be. The current patch makes it so that Jason is the only person being challenged, so the other 7 are no longer having fun.

And Jason's not even being challenged in a good way, because the mechanics are so unfavourable to him that you're fighting an uphill battle the entire match, so nobody apart from the trolls and those who love easy wins and ruining the atmosphere by dancing and teabagging and running people over like they're playing GTA are having fun.

Again, with the Jason mechanics, I just adopted to them. Some games I was getting 8 out of 8 kills, some games less. I had my worst game 2 days ago when I only killed 2 out of 8 and one of those 2 people was ideal. I personally don't think Jason is weak to the point where the game is no longer fun, I have just adopted my tactics and have tried new ways to catch counselors. I LOVE hiding in cabins as Jason, especially when I find a battery or gas. It's easy for me to grab people as soon as they enter a door or window. And yes, I have been playing the game since day 1. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now