Alien_Number_Six

We need the new update. We need it quick.

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Illfonic outsourced to a company to do the dedicated servers. It's already in the works.

What system are you playing on? It typically only takes about a minute or two to find a QP match on Xbox. I would actually suggest you go to LFG posts and get in a private match. They are much better in terms of player quality; in my experience.

PS4.  For over a week its been noting but session searching for. a min 20 seconds then kicked to some session by myself where no one joins.  Understandable for this to happen 1-2 days max but over a WEEK of this???    There should be serious pressure to force the developers to either fix it or automatic refunds. 

9 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

PS4.  For over a week its been noting but session searching for. a min 20 seconds then kicked to some session by myself where no one joins.  Understandable for this to happen 1-2 days max but over a WEEK of this???    There should be serious pressure to force the developers to either fix it or automatic refunds. 

Ah I see. I don't know how it works for PS4, but I know you guys have had many server related issues since the patch.

10 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Its not totally fair I guess as the entire amount did not go to directly to the game developers but still.. there is no excuse why in the year 2017, I have been unable to find a quickplay game session in 8 days.. 8 FREAKING DAYS. We bought a game that doesn't work. .    And the only thing being down about this is.. Silence.  Or the occasional nonsense, "new perk awards" when their game isn't even functional at the moment.  Perks are pointless if you can't play the game. 

Come on.. These people took our money, they should be working on making us, the hard worker consumer HAPPY so we will then buy their products for years to come.  If this game stays a complete piece of trash like it currently is, they may as well forget about any future games, because no one is going to buy them, 

i totally get it. i'm frustrated too. i'd absolutely kill to play this game right now, but i'm not until they get things sorted out. but people coming here and throwing hissy fits isn't going to help get things done faster. i'm not saying people shouldn't come here and voice their opinion, but people coming here and having a meltdown does nothing. for me, the silence is the worst part, but it is what it is. people freaking out isn't a great way to elicit a response. i'm confident they're working on things, and that that's a big part of the reason for the silence. i think the combination of them being a small team to begin with, and then needing to learn on the fly how to manage a hugely popular title has probably hindered them quite a bit.

as for the stuff about making the consumer happy, as i think @NthnButAGoodTime said somewhere else, the customer is a whiny, demanding asshole who thinks businesses should kiss their ass over what amounts to a small purchase. i

13 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i totally get it. i'm frustrated too. i'd absolutely kill to play this game right now, but i'm not until they get things sorted out. but people coming here and throwing hissy fits isn't going to help get things done faster. i'm not saying people shouldn't come here and voice their opinion, but people coming here and having a meltdown does nothing. for me, the silence is the worst part, but it is what it is. people freaking out isn't a great way to elicit a response. i'm confident they're working on things, and that that's a big part of the reason for the silence. i think the combination of them being a small team to begin with, and then needing to learn on the fly how to manage a hugely popular title has probably hindered them quite a bit.

as for the stuff about making the consumer happy, as i think @NthnButAGoodTime said somewhere else, the customer is a whiny, demanding asshole who thinks businesses should kiss their ass over what amounts to a small purchase. i

Well I guess that explains why we have fallen as a society and with businesses  compared to eras past.  It used to be "Customer is ALWAYS right", Now its "Customer is ALWAYS whiny" because they demand that the company stand by their product and some accountability.   Accountability seems to be lost these days.  No one is held accountable anymore. Things don't improve or progress anywhere if there isn't some smidgeon of accountability placed on people .

Its no different than parenting for instance.  You let your kid do whatever they want and hold them accountable to nothing?  What will happen to that kid ultimately?  Nothing good. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, matisangry said:

I disagree with this and I'm going to tell you why, because the game company itself knowing that there were so many complaints about the last update they could of at least Acknowledge the fans and let them know what was going on, are they planning on fixing the update are we permanently stuck with a  very weak Jason, if they would go ahead and give me that information, I would know if  need to delete this game or not .I mean I hate to compare this game to dead by daylight but a few weeks ago when Freddy Krueger came out and people complained about him, it only took them about five days to let There Fan base know what  was going on..The reason the complaining has gotten out of hand on message boards is because of guns own in Incompetent  if they would keep their fans in the loop then most people would not be complaining most likely because they would know what’s  was going on

I have a feeling they'll either be one big update and a hotfix to whatever might break in December or a bunch of smaller updates spread out throughout December.

It'll be one or the other.

Too rushed or too slow will be the attitudes in December.

45 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Well I guess that explains why we have fallen as a society and with businesses  compared to eras past.  It used to be "Customer is ALWAYS right", Now its "Customer is ALWAYS whiny" because they demand that the company stand by their product and some accountability.   Accountability seems to be lost these days.  No one is held accountable anymore. Things don't improve or progress anywhere if there isn't some smidgeon of accountability placed on people .

Its no different than parenting for instance.  You let your kid do whatever they want and hold them accountable to nothing?  What will happen to that kid ultimately?  Nothing good. 

I can't really argue. You've got a 15 page string of complaints that aren't even addressed in the slightest, while they whoop it up over an award that, even here, most of their more ardent fans would say they don't deserve. And then you have people standing up for it, saying "don't bother them, it'll happen."

Newsflash: no matter how deep in fixing the game they are, taking five minutes to address people prone to responding favorably to any news from the company, about issues SHOULD BE VERY EASY.

Why don't they, and see if that helps... since, literally every communication they've deigned to have on the board has had some shade of "Thanks for keeping us in the loop, that's all we really expect," as the response, as opposed to terrible flaming for the fuckup they're responding to.

3 minutes ago, BigJVOOREES said:

They just tweeted treat yo self! Whatever the hell that means?

Playable Donna Meagle?

35 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

come on, really!? anyone who thinks the customer is ALWAYS right is disillusion. i've worked retail. the customer is DEFINITELY not always right. many people have become demanding, whiny babies who think the world owes them everything. they think that spending $40 entitles them to hours of bitching, moaning and complaining and a laundry list of demands. listen. i'm not even referring to you, necessarily, but many here are unreasonable and whiny. it's totally cool to be unsatisfied and expect an answer. it's totally cool to be angry you're not getting one, but it's not cool to bitch and whine like a child. the people that do this are the people that storm in to stores and demand to speak to a manager for some dumb bullshit. people nowadays don't know when they've disappeared up their own asses. as for accountability, that goes both ways.

21 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

I disagree with this and I'm going to tell you why, because the game company itself knowing that there were so many complaints about the last update they could of at least Acknowledge the fans and let them know what was going on, are they planning on fixing the update are we permanently stuck with a  very weak Jason, if they would go ahead and give me that information, I would know if  need to delete this game or not .I mean I hate to compare this game to dead by daylight but a few weeks ago when Freddy Krueger came out and people complained about him, it only took them about five days to let There Fan base know what  was going on..The reason the complaining has gotten out of hand on message boards is because of guns own in Incompetent  if they would keep their fans in the loop then most people would not be complaining most likely because they would know what’s  was going on

what do you disagree with, exactly? that i think whining and complaining is a shitty way to make your voice heard? if so, that's too bad. i never said people shouldn't be frustrated or ticked off, or that they shouldn't come here and voice their frustrations... i just said that coming to the internet and having a meltdown like a five year-old is a poor way to handle your frustrations.

2 minutes ago, matisangry said:

come on, really!? anyone who thinks the customer is ALWAYS right is disillusion. i've worked retail. the customer is DEFINITELY not always right. many people have become demanding, whiny babies who think the world owes them everything. they think that spending $40 entitles them to hours of bitching, moaning and complaining and a laundry list of demands. listen. i'm not even referring to you, necessarily, but many here are unreasonable and whiny. it's totally cool to be unsatisfied and expect an answer. it's totally cool to be angry you're not getting one, but it's not cool to bitch and whine like a child. the people that do this are the people that storm in to stores and demand to speak to a manager for some dumb bullshit. people nowadays don't know when they've disappeared up their own asses. as for accountability, that goes both ways.

what do you disagree with, exactly? that i think whining and complaining is a shitty way to make your voice heard? if so, that's too bad. i never said people shouldn't be frustrated or ticked off, or that they shouldn't come here and voice their frustrations... i just said that coming to the internet and having a meltdown like a five year-old is a poor way to handle your frustrations.

What I'm saying is gun media is getting the reaction they deserve’ come on everyone here paid $40 for an early access gam,e the game is not even halfway complete yet, Not to mention through updates some of the core gameplay itself is completely changed the game We bought is not the game we got.. And I've never seen a game company take this long to do an update Whenever there are so many people frustrated with the last update that they did...If this was a company like EA everybody would be still be doing the same bitching but no one would be saying you shouldn't be bitching about it

2 minutes ago, Frighteningicon said:

What I'm saying is gun media is getting the reaction they deserve’ come on everyone here paid $40 for an early access gam,e the game is not even halfway complete yet, Not to mention through updates some of the core gameplay itself is completely changed the game We bought is not the game we got.. And I've never seen a game company take this long to do an update Whenever there are so many people frustrated with the last update that they did...If this was a company like EA everybody would be still be doing the same bitching but no one would be saying you shouldn't be bitching about it

And some of us here paid 60$ for the same exact thing. 

1 hour ago, Frighteningicon said:

do they deserve some heat and the knowledge that they have many dissatisfied customers? sure, but do they deserve all of the mean and nasty shit that is directed at them personally? nah. 

it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to understand that when you go full agro on someone, they're either going to tune you out or immediately go on the defensive. what's your objective? do you want them to listen or do you want them to tune you out because you sound like an asshole? 

i've been pretty critical of gun since the last patch, by the way, and I've more or less stopped playing until they get their shit figured out. i just go about it much differently than some of you. 

Better this than before when counselors didn't even have a chance to escape a grab. The fact that Jason can kill instantly from a grab is balanced out with the fact that it's harder for him to grab. I think it's fair.  And to the "in the films..." argument: In the films, Jason didn't grab. I guess we should remove that, right? Besides, there have always been taunting counselors even before the patch. I've always seen it and I've seen it the same amount before the patch as I do now. 

2 hours ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

Better this than before when counselors didn't even have a chance to escape a grab. The fact that Jason can kill instantly from a grab is balanced out with the fact that it's harder for him to grab. I think it's fair.  And to the "in the films..." argument: In the films, Jason didn't grab. I guess we should remove that, right? Besides, there have always been taunting counselors even before the patch. I've always seen it and I've seen it the same amount before the patch as I do now. 

How many people from the films survived being within arms length of Jason?

The game NEEDS Jason to be an overwhelming force. Dead by Daylight might be a better fit for you, as it gives you a chance to be saved after being caught by the "killer."

Well it's been a while since the last patch. A lot has happened. Many opinions have been made and the ball is in Gun Media and Illphonic's court. So the real question is at this point is what are they going to do with it? A good month after the Jason nerf many agree that it was way too much. And this issue remains the core reason that the fan base is unhappy. After the 10/11/17 patch people were pretty satisfied with the game dispite all of it's glitches, bugs and server issues. But after Jason was nerfed it basically magnified everything else that was wrong with the game. So what is the plan? I think right now the lack of communication on these issues is killing the game more then anything else. Right now we have the DLC road map that is deliberately vague. We have the Paranoia trailer that looks and sounds great but deliberately lacked any information on what the game mode would be like. Just "Who is fiVe?" Which is just as vague as the trailer is. And then we have the 150 level cap jump that has been announced but no word on when that is happening either. I come here everyday looking for news because that is the only thing I can do at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caulus said:

How many people from the films survived being within arms length of Jason?

The game NEEDS Jason to be an overwhelming force. Dead by Daylight might be a better fit for you, as it gives you a chance to be saved after being caught by the "killer."

Tommy, Ginny, Trish, Kay-Em... 

When someone is in arms length of Jason, and he manages to kill them, he stabs them, not grabs them. This is a video game, by the way. It would be boring if there would be no chance to escape Jason. Everyone would die early on and it would get boring for those dead. You have to understand that it has to be fun for the counselors and not just Jason. It also has to be frustrating for both. 

26 minutes ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

Tommy, Ginny, Trish, Kay-Em... 

When someone is in arms length of Jason, and he manages to kill them, he stabs them, not grabs them. This is a video game, by the way. It would be boring if there would be no chance to escape Jason. (snip) 

Dude, it's boring right now. It wasn't impossible to escape Jason before the patch either, just ask people on this board.

I got tired of escaping ( I had a 60-65% escape rate in QP with no friends) and learned to fight "force grab" Jason SUCCESSFULLY, and that's just my story.

7 minutes ago, Caulus said:

Dude, it's boring right now. It wasn't impossible to escape Jason before the patch either, just ask people on this board.

I got tired of escaping ( I had a 60-65% escape rate in QP with no friends) and learned to fight "force grab" Jason SUCCESSFULLY, and that's just my story.

Really? I think it's fun now. Obviously it WAS possible to escape him but now this nerf makes fighting a little bit more viable. Before, he'd be able to grab you from far away in a swing animation. Now, you can sometimes  land a hit even if he tries to grab. His grab was absolutely ridiculous. There was a test and he grabbed a counselor from the other side of a long carpet. I wouldn't mind giving Jason other buffs as long as his grab doesn't go back to how it was before. 

Picked up my hard copy of the game when it came out ... and its still in the shrink wrap!

Been following the posts here and its not looking good on PS4,  certainly doesn't like its worth me clearing the install room on my PS4 for it. At the moment the game is gonna stay in the shrink wrap as a Friday the 13th collectible until the single player content comes out.

15 hours ago, matisangry said:

In preparation to buy this and any video game I personally did research on it. I watched people stream it. I reviewed it's price point and what I would be receiving for it. I examined the kickstarter information along with Gun Media and Illphonic. My findings were as follows.

Friday the 13th The Game is a very fun game that is very glitchy at times and has connection issues. The publisher and developer of Friday the 13th The Game are fairly new to the industry and it showed. However the game wasn't full of loot box microtransactions which was a plus for me. I wouldn't have payed sixty dollars for the game with only three maps. But with a forty dollar price point and the promise that new maps, Jasons and Councilors would be free and games like Destiny and Star Wars: Battlefront were released just as incomplete for sixty dollars with season passes attached for more content I decided the price was fair. I knew what I was getting into. And if you didn't you only have to look in a mirror to find the person responsible for that. 

Now moving on to the lack of communication. I am one hundred percent sure that the lack of communication on the developers part can be attributed to the death threats and doxing of a developers parents shortly after the game came out. This was over the banning of Dilly Dingus an individual who evidently called a twelve year old boy a "whore." I personally don't care if he was guilty or not but the backlash was serious. After someone in the community threatens your life and doxes your parents would you be eager to talk to this community? I personally hate the fact they are so tight lipped about everything and want more communication as well. But the community can't have nice things when others fuck things up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

Really? I think it's fun now. Obviously it WAS possible to escape him but now this nerf makes fighting a little bit more viable. Before, he'd be able to grab you from far away in a swing animation. Now, you can sometimes  land a hit even if he tries to grab. His grab was absolutely ridiculous. There was a test and he grabbed a counselor from the other side of a long carpet. I wouldn't mind giving Jason other buffs as long as his grab doesn't go back to how it was before. 

It was not impossible to escape before the patch. Nor was it impossible to fight Jason. In fact I use the same methods to attack him that I did pre-patch. The main problems with the current patch revolve around grab being less effective, traps being nerfed and dropped items being marked on the map. This made Jason less deadly and made it easier for the Councilors to escape. Because traps and grab are now less effective it forces Jason to use a melee system that is for all intents and purposes broken. The range is broken the stance is slow and pretty useless and there is no real effective way to use it to kill multiple Counselors. Yes force grab was over powered. But it was covering up the fact that Illfonic's melee system is broken. Now Jason just gets the tar beaten out of him while three Councilors fix the phone after someone picked up the phone fuse, ran it to the fuse box and dropped it there for everyone to see. It's too easy. And Jason isn't the formidable force he should be. 

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

It was not impossible to escape before the patch. Nor was it impossible to fight Jason. In fact I use the same methods to attack him that I did pre-patch. The main problems with the current patch revolve around grab being less effective, traps being nerfed and dropped items being marked on the map. This made Jason less deadly and made it easier for the Councilors to escape. Because traps and grab are now less effective it forces Jason to use a melee system that is for all intents and purposes broken. The range is broken the stance is slow and pretty useless and there is no real effective way to use it to kill multiple Counselors. Yes force grab was over powered. But it was covering up the fact that Illfonic's melee system is broken. Now Jason just gets the tar beaten out of him while three Councilors fix the phone after someone picked up the phone fuse, ran it to the fuse box and dropped it there for everyone to see. It's too easy. And Jason isn't the formidable force he should be. 

Don't know what game you've been playing but when people tried hitting Jason before, he'd easily be able to grab you. You can tell because, now, Jasons grab even if your attack isn't even close to them. This tells you that they're used to being able to grab you from a mile away. Also, I don't see a problem with making it easier to escape. As I've stated before, this is a video game. The developers are trying to appeal to those who love being Jason, but also those who love being counselors. Obviously you guys are mad because it isn't a piece of cake to be Jason anymore. The only way to keep people playing is by giving counselors a chance to win. If you make Jason too overpowered to the point where it's really difficult to escape, a lot of people would stop playing because they don't get the satisfaction of winning. Sure, it's not supposed to be that way, but that's the only way to make both groups happy. You may not like it because you're used to winning being a cinch, but you have to understand that counselor mains exist too. Right now, I feel like counselors finally have a chance and that's great.

14 minutes ago, Imayslaylizdaw said:

Don't know what game you've been playing but when people tried hitting Jason before, he'd easily be able to grab you. You can tell because, now, Jason's grab even if your attack isn't even close to them. This tells you that they're used to being able to grab you from a mile away. Also, I don't see a problem with making it easier to escape. As I've stated before, this is a video game. The developers are trying to appeal to those who love being Jason, but also those who love being counselors. Obviously you guys are mad because it isn't a piece of cake to be Jason anymore. The only way to keep people playing is by giving counselors a chance to win. If you make Jason too overpowered to the point where it's really difficult to escape, a lot of people would stop playing because they don't get the satisfaction of winning. Sure, it's not supposed to be that way, but that's the only way to make both groups happy. You may not like it because you're used to winning being a cinch, but you have to understand that counselor mains exist too. Right now, I feel like counselors finally have a chance and that's great.

Well my combat tactics against Jason revolve around either sneaking up on him or catching him off guard by being around a corner and that always worked. But right now as it stands Jason needs a buff to get that balance that you talked about. He is too easy to beat up on if you group up on him. Jason is facing seven to one odds and right now he can't compete especially against a group of 101's with mics. 

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

In preparation to buy this and any video game I personally did research on it. I watched people stream it. I reviewed it's price point and what I would be receiving for it. I examined the kickstarter information along with Gun Media and Illphonic. My findings were as follows.

Friday the 13th The Game is a very fun game that is very glitchy at times and has connection issues. The publisher and developer of Friday the 13th The Game are fairly new to the industry and it showed. However the game wasn't full of loot box microtransactions which was a plus for me. I wouldn't have payed sixty dollars for the game with only three maps. But with a forty dollar price point and the promise that new maps, Jasons and Councilors would be free and games like Destiny and Star Wars: Battlefront were released just as incomplete for sixty dollars with season passes attached for more content I decided the price was fair. I knew what I was getting into. And if you didn't you only have to look in a mirror to find the person responsible for that. 

Now moving on to the lack of communication. I am one hundred percent sure that the lack of communication on the developers part can be attributed to the death threats and doxing of a developers parents shortly after the game came out. This was over the banning of Dilly Dingus an individual who evidently called a twelve year old boy a "whore." I personally don't care if he was guilty or not but the backlash was serious. After someone in the community threatens your life and doxes your parents would you be eager to talk to this community? I personally hate the fact they are so tight lipped about everything and want more communication as well. But the community can't have nice things when others fuck things up.

i think it's funny when i see new players come here to bitch about the condition of the game. that information is so readily available that there's no excuse for those players not to know everything they're getting in to. 

and screw those micro-transactions. it's the first thing i think of when people start bitching about the paid dlc. 

I'm frustrated by the lack of communication and think it's a poor decision businesses-wise but i completely understand with how shitty so many people have been. and not just here. their Facebook page is full of just pure hate. what's so dumb is that the people that choose to handle it by being raging dickheads don't even understand that there hostility is contributing to the silence, if not causing it completely. then the whole community suffers.