Sign in to follow this  
noahvt

Xbox One wireless controller morph issues on pc

Hey There!

It's currently almost impossible for me to play as Jason because I cannot morph using the xbox one s wireless controller (with dongle) on the pc version. I select a location and it will morph me to somewhere else instead. An example should clear things up:

I was playing as Jason just now on the Jarvis house map and I wanted to trap the phone, so I tried to morph to the phone (bottom right corner of the map) and it morphed me to the jarvis house instead. This will happen every single time until I restart my game which MIGHT fix it. Unplugging and replugging the dongle can also fix it but this rarely happens.

I'll try to upload a video as soon as possible as I haven't had the chance to be Jason again.

@GunMedia_Ben Sorry for directly tagging you here but I've reported this issue several times and have not received a response/fix yet. Can you guys check this out as I'm pretty sure it's not an issue on my end as the bug has survived several installs of windows and the game.

Is there anyone else who has this issue btw?

EDIT: here is the video: (sorry for the quality, my recording software didn't work and I didn't have the time to mess with it)

Does it also happen if you use the keyboard?

2 hours ago, Truth said:

Does it also happen if you use the keyboard?

No, it works fine with the keyboard or any other controller for that matter. Now it stopped working completely and restarting the game does absolutely nothing.

That's interesting... Is the controller up to date? When I got a new one it actually had an update. Not sure how you would check it though. Mine did it automatically once I paired it with my Xbox.

28 minutes ago, Truth said:

That's interesting... Is the controller up to date? When I got a new one it actually had an update. Not sure how you would check it though. Mine did it automatically once I paired it with my Xbox.

Just checked with the xbox accessories app and the controller is up to date. It seems like the only options are to reinstall the os (works the best, can have around 10 decent matches as Jason) or reinstall the game (also works but only for roughly 2-3 matches as Jason).

It's really weird that it just stopped working completely though... it either makes the error sound when I select a location or it just morphs me to the wrong area usually a restart would fix it but it doesn't now.

I play on PC with an xbox 1 elite wireless controller, and haven't encountered this issue.

@noahvt have you been able to activate a sweater stun with your controller using Y since the new patch? Every time I try all I do is emote at Jason, which has been remarkably ineffective at stunning him.

15 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

I play on PC with an xbox 1 elite wireless controller, and haven't encountered this issue.

@noahvt have you been able to activate a sweater stun with your controller using Y since the new patch? Every time I try all I do is emote at Jason, which has been remarkably ineffective at stunning him.

This happened the first time I used it after the patch but not since then. Are you holding "Y" or just pressing it?

Thanks @[IllFonic]Courier for jumping in. We always appreciate Dev presence!

2 hours ago, Truth said:

This happened the first time I used it after the patch but not since then. Are you holding "Y" or just pressing it?

Thanks @[IllFonic]Courier for jumping in. We always appreciate Dev presence!

I've tried both, neither triggers a sweater stun. Holding seems to be the emote trigger. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

I've tried both, neither triggers a sweater stun. Holding seems to be the emote trigger. 

Correct, that's why I asked. I was hitting it repeatedly and it didn't do anything until Jason grabbed me, then the emote wheel popped up. Robbed me of the Jason kill...

I'm not sure why this only happened to me that one time. How many times has this happened to you?

Just now, Truth said:

Correct, that's why I asked. I was hitting it repeatedly and it didn't do anything until Jason grabbed me, then the emote wheel popped up. Robbed me of the Jason kill...

I'm not sure why this only happened to me that one time. How many times has this happened to you?

Happened during three Jason kill attempts last week, and a couple one-off 'just grab the sweater and try it' games. I've given up trying as it seems to just screw up Jason kill attempts.  

Just now, Dr. Lecter said:

Happened during three Jason kill attempts last week, and a couple one-off 'just grab the sweater and try it' games. I've given up trying as it seems to just screw up Jason kill attempts.  

Ouch... Hopefully they fix it soon. Did you submit a bug report? Unfortunately that's all we can really do about it.