Alcanx

I haven't died a single time since the update, and that's a problem.

I'll start this off by saying my death rate was pretty low prior to the update, due to working in a group of 3-5 and being a level 101 Vanessa that's played since launch. I've experienced every update and this is honestly the worst by far. 

Prior to the update, kiting Jason was actually a challenge, I knew I had to stay away from him or risk being snatched up and slaughtered, but now I can just casually jog 3 steps in front of him and he'll just trail and grab the air. It's taken all the fun out of kiting, kiting non-run Jasons honestly feels like a joke. I even switched to Debora for the lower stamina and I could still kite him until he gave up, the only difference being that I could also repair now. 

I'm not saying his grab should be reverted but SOMETHING needs to happen that makes it risky to get near him again. Double fear generation, increased weapon range, just something to bring the challenge back, please.  

The trap change is also pretty shitty, No matter how they place traps now I can get away with just triggering the closest one. Debora + medic + items showing up on the map = pretty much everything repaired. If a Jason wants to waste all 5 traps on the phone box then he should be allowed to, that's what the car and boat are for. And saying it's too hard to fix objectives when it's double trapped is absurd... that's kinda what the traps are for.

• Like 3

When they first introduced traps, they kind of didn't talk too much about trapping objectives until other people brought it up. So maybe they didn't intend on trap stacking at objectives.

And I can grab just fine. Here's just one match of mine:

What you are experiencing is a lot of Jason players that haven't adjusted to the new grab reach, so they miss because they don't know how short it is. It is actually quite wide though. At 4:30 you can see me grab a chad that is almost entirely on Jason's right side.

Before touching the new grab radius, they should focus on combat with hit detection and fixing a few bugs with combat stance. Then grabbing won't be a problem because it will be easier to cripple people before grabbing them.

You’re just playing with newb Jasons. There’s an entire flock of them. I’ve been checking the levels and every single Jason that kind of sucks and gets less than 3 kills (sometimes none) is always a low level player. There are still 101 Jasons out there slaying the children. I usually play in communities so I’m not experiencing anything as easy as some people are making it out to be. 

4 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

You’re just playing with newb Jasons. There’s an entire flock of them. I’ve been checking the levels and every single Jason that kind of sucks and gets less than 3 kills (sometimes none) is always a low level player. There are still 101 Jasons out there slaying the children. I usually play in communities so I’m not experiencing anything as easy as some people are making it out to be. 

That's what I thought too at first. That since the recent spike in popularity, it was due to the noobs but nope, most of the people in my lobbies are level 65+. Generally in the 80-101 range. 

19 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

When they first introduced traps, they kind of didn't talk too much about trapping objectives until other people brought it up. So maybe they didn't intend on trap stacking at objectives.

What you are experiencing is a lot of Jason players that haven't adjusted to the new grab reach, so they miss because they don't know how short it is. It is actually quite wide though. At 4:30 you can see me grab a chad that is almost entirely on Jason's right side.

Before touching the new grab radius, they should focus on combat with hit detection and fixing a few bugs with combat stance. Then grabbing won't be a problem because it will be easier to cripple people before grabbing them.

That's a good video but honestly those councelors were pretty bad aha. Both those cars should have been up at one point with just the one trap, especially the 2 seater which was untrapped the whole time. Their stamina management was also terrible, and they ran in straight lines despite you shifting / being part 6 with +knives. They also seemed to dislike cabins for some reason. 

1 minute ago, Alcanx said:

That's a good video but honestly those councelors were pretty bad aha. Both those cars should have been up at one point with just the one trap, especially the 2 seater which was untrapped the whole time. Their stamina management was also terrible, and they ran in straight lines despite you shifting / being part 6 with +knives. They also seemed to dislike cabins for some reason. 

Yeah but the point was to show that Jason's grab range isn't quite what the problem is. Melee needs some work. Right before I kill the Lachappa, at 6:55, you see me enter combat stance and block, then drop block and not attack? That's because there is a super-long delay before you can attack after you block. It's a bug and the devs just got wind of it. If it wasn't present then I would have chopped that lachappa again after he used is health spray.

The grab change has made it more difficult to smash randoms for me at least. Level 48 and before now I very rarely finished with less than at least 7 kills. And that's taking into account the fact that I seem to rarely get to even play as Jason because rage quitting players ruin that chance if they don't get picked. But I still manage to kill the majority of the counselors even with the changes. It's just more difficult to do so in rapid succession. 

27 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah but the point was to show that Jason's grab range isn't quite what the problem is. Melee needs some work. Right before I kill the Lachappa, at 6:55, you see me enter combat stance and block, then drop block and not attack? That's because there is a super-long delay before you can attack after you block. It's a bug and the devs just got wind of it. If it wasn't present then I would have chopped that lachappa again after he used is health spray.

I'm not saying the grab should be reverted, but the broken grab did make it more nerve-wracking to get near Jason. What I mean is that there should be some kind of punishment for willingly staying close to Jason. Prior to the update I would be sure to keep my distance, only hitting Jason if one of my friends were near, I was out of stamina or I had a pocket knife for backup. Now I'm not as afraid to do that, I can stay in his face quite easily and trail him along, hitting him whenever I need the stamina boost after whiff-baiting him (which is MUCH easier to do with reduced grab range). 

Combat definitely needs to be fixed and that alone would do the job.

13 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

I'm not saying the grab should be reverted, but the broken grab did make it more nerve-wracking to get near Jason. What I mean is that there should be some kind of punishment for willingly staying close to Jason. Prior to the update I would be sure to keep my distance, only hitting Jason if one of my friends were near, I was out of stamina or I had a pocket knife for backup. Now I'm not as afraid to do that, I can stay in his face quite easily and trail him along, hitting him whenever I need the stamina boost after whiff-baiting him (which is MUCH easier to do with reduced grab range). 

Combat definitely needs to be fixed and that alone would do the job.

I didn't mean to infer that was what you were saying. Perhaps they could buff fear with proximity to Jason, but definitely combat fixes all around.

You ever see the 1980s version of Brewster's Millions? The one with Richard Pryor, where he spends most of the film tinkering and trying to create the perfect room, only to finally get it right just as he runs out of money, so it all has to be packed away, and there's nobody to enjoy it?

That's what I feel is happening with this game. They keep fucking around with the balance, seemingly at a whim, and introducing all manner of bugs in the process, because it seems like nobody on the team has a proper grasp of the Unreal Engine, and by the time the game is finally at a perfect state of balance and non-glitchiness, it'll have taken so long that there'll be nobody left to play the game.

The game has been out for months, yet they're still treating it like an experimental beta and finding the game's balance. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, I know other games have done this, but that's also ridiculous too, and they've also killed their playerbases doing it too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alcanx said:

That's what I thought too at first. That since the recent spike in popularity, it was due to the noobs but nope, most of the people in my lobbies are level 65+. Generally in the 80-101 range. 

That’s incredible then. I’m encountering lobbies that are all over the place but tbh Jason is sweeping 2/3 of the matches I’m playing. He’s either sucking ass or sweeping there’s no real middle in the matches I’ve been playing. And when he sweeps he freakin cleans house in 12-15 minutes. The times the Jason sucks he’s low level and the counselors are very seasoned. 

On the topic of grab nerf, the playerbase is basically divided. I don't actually know which opinion is more popular. But my take on it is that although I haven't adjusted to it yet, it's probably useable as others say. Jason is also still viable as grabs are not his only tool to kill counselors.

For me, the main problem after the grab nerf is that he simply feels sluggish to play. I wrote a more in-depth post on it in the feedback thread, but the shorter version of it is that he is simply less enjoyable to control now. His gameplay was already clunky due to various bugs, and this grab change really didn't help matters. Personally I still think the grab needs adjustment, to me it doesn't feel right yet and I don't know if it ever will if it stays like this.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Alcanx said:

I'll start this off by saying my death rate was pretty low prior to the update, due to working in a group of 3-5 and being a level 101 Vanessa that's played since launch. I've experienced every update and this is honestly the worst by far. 

Prior to the update, kiting Jason was actually a challenge, I knew I had to stay away from him or risk being snatched up and slaughtered, but now I can just casually jog 3 steps in front of him and he'll just trail and grab the air. It's taken all the fun out of kiting, kiting non-run Jasons honestly feels like a joke. I even switched to Debora for the lower stamina and I could still kite him until he gave up, the only difference being that I could also repair now. 

I'm not saying his grab should be reverted but SOMETHING needs to happen that makes it risky to get near him again. Double fear generation, increased weapon range, just something to bring the challenge back, please.  

The trap change is also pretty shitty, No matter how they place traps now I can get away with just triggering the closest one. Debora + medic + items showing up on the map = pretty much everything repaired. If a Jason wants to waste all 5 traps on the phone box then he should be allowed to, that's what the car and boat are for. And saying it's too hard to fix objectives when it's double trapped is absurd... that's kinda what the traps are for.

Let me start this by saying the problem is only slightly to do with Jason but the rest is with toxic player community I played 6 games last night(not Jason once. lol).

So first game. I repair the boat while the car gets repaired and someone calls the cops, clearly and awful Jason. I drive the boat straight out with another person. The car effs around for a bit and that's fine they could just be a distraction until the cops come but no, not the case. There was a Vanessa with the sweater and a Tommy and they were going for the kill and the car was sitting there just watching.. fine.. whatever. Then they get the mask off and mess up the kill.. The car and Vanessa player continue to waste everybody's time driving in circles or running from Jason for the next 10-11 minutes. After the match I check the Jasons' level and he was level 5!! First time playing Jason!! It's not his fault. People after were like man it's so easy to run from Jason blah blah.. I was like he is level 5 and if it's easy then just escape and lets get a new Jason..quit wasting time and being a dick.

Next game, I install gas, fix fuse, call cops, drive out.. all as Chad. It was the kids first time being Jason. Everyone ran out quickly that time.

Next game a level 8 Jason. Again everyone messed with him all round.

5/6 matches were like this.. Only 1 round did I die and it was a player who was level 60+.

You guys need to realize that the physical copy just released and a bunch of people got it. The game just went on sale on steam and a bunch of people got it. There are a ton of new players. 
My friend is level 18 and has been Jason 3 times...That's not enough to be good.
Also, anyone who was only a grab Jason and didn't use traps well, they are now getting 0-2 kills. It's only partly the updates fault.. It's the fact that we have new players...anyone who has played a lot as Jason is still getting 5-8, so if that's still happening it's not really a Jason issue it's a player issue. (Jasons' grab is a bit broken now, but it's just not the only reason like people say)
They could fix this with ranked lobbies. People who are good would be in there and it might be pretty well balanced..and if the Jason is still getting less than 4 then we need a buff for him.

9 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

On the topic of grab nerf, the playerbase is basically divided. I don't actually know which opinion is more popular. But my take on it is that although I haven't adjusted to it yet, it's probably useable as others say. Jason is also still viable as grabs are not his only tool to kill counselors.

For me, the main problem after the grab nerf is that he simply feels sluggish to play. I wrote a more in-depth post on it in the feedback thread, but the shorter version of it is that he is simply less enjoyable to control now. His gameplay was already clunky due to various bugs, and this grab change really didn't help matters. Personally I still think the grab needs adjustment, to me it doesn't feel right yet and I don't know if it ever will if it stays like this.

The main problem I have with the grab right now is that it feels too short for the camera angle. Jason is big and the camera is kind of looking over his shoulders so councilors tend to look closer than they actually are. That might contribute to the clunkiness but I agree, it just doesn't feel as fluid as it ought to. I'm not really sure how go combat that, though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alcanx said:

The main problem I have with the grab right now is that it feels too short for the camera angle. Jason is big and the camera is kind of looking over his shoulders so councilors tend to look closer than they actually are. That might contribute to the clunkiness but I agree, it just doesn't feel as fluid as it ought to. I'm not really sure how go combat that, though. 

I'm glad someone else sees what I see. It's forced perspective. I made a topic about it.

9 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

On the topic of grab nerf, the playerbase is basically divided. I don't actually know which opinion is more popular.

Pretty evenly split....

13 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I'm glad someone else sees what I see. It's forced perspective. I made a topic about it.

Yes! Exactly that. Jason's never complained about the grab because to them it looked normal, but it never will look normal to them unless the camera angle gets changed or the grab gets reverted. Neither of those are good solutions. 

I think the length of the new grab is fine but they could make it an AOE thing to the left. Councilor on your left? Grab. Councilor on your right? Swing your weapon. Councilor directly in front? Either or. The weapon hit detection also needs to be fixed, it was fine before they made it so that the first thing you hit negates all damage. That way the grab gets a nice buff without turning him into slenderman. It would also be dangerous to get near him again without having backup, as it should be IMO.

14 minutes ago, Truth said:

Pretty evenly split....

My pick is for somewhere in between. Right now it feels like simply too much distance. More refinement is needed I think.

8 minutes ago, CryptM said:

I miss the triple trapping, and if it had a chain stun problem I'd gave rather they just fixed that. It's clear from the patch notes that they both saw multi trapping as a bug, and that they intentionally want objectives to be single trapped. Combine that with the parts showing up on maps and the entire game just feels like it's been scripted out before it even starts. I miss options, and strategy. IMO they should revert things back to pre-update and focus on making either an alternate more guided game mode or game options that a lobby host can change. 

I agree that traps should be reverted. It takes away the feeling of control you have over Jason and feels like you need to conform to a specific strategy instead of developing your own. Pretty counter intuitive if you ask me. 

• Like 1

The grab is fine, the new trap mechanic is fine.  I’m level 101 and can easily capture and kill all of the councelors, faster councelors are more of a challenge, so you have to learn to change your strategy. 

Flat out chasing the faster character is a bad idea, especially if they are properly managing their stamina. Instead you have to rely on Stalk and learn to our maneuver them, or trick them into climbing in/out of the windows while you are standing out of the camera view in Stalk mode.

You also have to learn to time your shifts and activate it when the councelor eventfully trips. The 2-3 second disruption is all you need to grab your victim. When they are caught in the stumble they aren’t able to juke and change directions causing you to miss your shift.  

You also need to capitalize on the body scare, if the councelor sees the body they scream and stumble, you should try to heed your victim to where the bodies are.  I’ve decent councelors cuss me out for both the body scares and stumples disrupting their jukes. 

The new grab nerf sucks period, the only people who like are the ones who like escaping easy for the stupid XP,  after 101 I stopped looking, also the slashing in this game has always sucked, I don’t know why nobody has ever complained about that.

The devs need to stop nerfing Jason to appease all the players that have never seen a Friday film, it was fine before this last patch now I am starting not not even enjoy this game.

• Like 1

Don't play as Vanessa.

Much like how people play Part 7 for something different.

Playing as Vanessa to juke Jason and win via time limit or killing him should feel redundant.

The argument will swing anyway if the devs add something to make it less incentive to simply hang around to juke Jason for 20 minutes. Some sort of trade off for Jason having the timer work against him to also work against counselors, even though they can still win that way.

22 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Thank you. Finally someone who sees the light. For those complaining about the grab, anticipate the shortness (ur girlfriend already did so OOOOOOHHHHH sorry it was too tempting)

And props on those shift grabs w/o sense on. You must have a bright monitor.

I tested his grab again yesterday and it skews to the right. You for certain Darth Vader grabbed Chad. For a second I was gonna ask if this was recorded before the patch.

His grab has almost no width on his left side, to the point where it looks like he's punching a counselor in the face. His hand will visually connect but won't detect the counselor. Straight range is roughly a foot and a half extended from his hand. 

With the exception of his left side, and the issue with whiffing when they're too close, the grab is not a problem.

P.S. a small highlight was when you were shifting and ignored the closest counselor and grabbed the Chad with the gas

15 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Don't play as Vanessa.

Much like how people play Part 7 for something different.

Playing as Vanessa to juke Jason and win via time limit or killing him should feel redundant.

Again, thank you. You 2 must be the smart ones on the forums.

Vanessa is the Savini of counselors. I run random Jasons and counselors and when I get Vanessa it's a cakewalk. I even try fixing things. That's how unthreatened I feel using her.

7 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Thank you. Finally someone who sees the light. For those complaining about the grab, anticipate the shortness (ur girlfriend already did so OOOOOOHHHHH sorry it was too tempting)

And props on those shift grabs w/o sense on. You must have a bright monitor.

I tested his grab again yesterday and it skews to the right. You for certain Darth Vader grabbed Chad. For a second I was gonna ask if this was recorded before the patch.

His grab has almost no width on his left side, to the point where it looks like he's punching a counselor in the face. His hand will visually connect but won't detect the counselor. Straight range is roughly a foot and a half extended from his hand. 

With the exception of his left side, and the issue with whiffing when they're too close, the grab is not a problem.

P.S. a small highlight was when you were shifting and ignored the closest counselor and grabbed the Chad with the gas

Thanks for all the props! It was certainly recorded after the recent patch. It does seem as if his grab is angled to the right. Grabs will whiff and miss if they bob and weave to Jason's left side but not so much to the right. They should widen the range on his left side and perhaps shorten it on the right. Maybe just tilt the whole grab range to be more forward-facing than skewing to the right.

@[IllFonic]Courier Maybe this thread and the posts by me and WashingtonJones might help a future patch.