Cokeyskunk

Black and Blue Dot Theory - PARANOIA

Okay, allow me to preface this by apologizing if:

1. This subject is hammered into the ground.
  2. Someone else already proposed it.
  3. This is already common knowledge.
  4. My breath isn't so fresh.

But is it possible that the devs started doing the eight black/one blue dots thing when they decided to start working on this Paranoia game mode?

Is it possible that they decided this is the best way to carry on the spirit of Roy Jason?

Is it possible that each game will start out with images of all eight counselors on the startup screen -- with black dots next to each, and a randomizer begins cycling each dot to blue for a moment, then slows down -- and whichever counselor ends up with the blue dot at the end -- gets the Roy mask in their inventory?

Is it possible that the game then begins with "Mr. Dead Counselor" (that Jason always kills) discovered murdered by the counselors, and they all begin trying to figure out which one killed him? And then the counselor with the Roy mask tries to isolate each counselor and kill them? Perhaps triggering an animation where they put the mask on just before the murder, then take it off at the end of the animation?

Could the blue dot be us -- randomly selected to be a secret killer? 

Could the blue dot be an indication of Roy and his influence by Jason?

Could the blue dot be the way Gargamel wishes he could deal with the Smurfs?

I highly suspect one of them. Mostly Smurfs.

Attack at will. Or at Cokeyskunk, as my name's not Will.   

Idk, but I certainly hope there are not walkies during this mode.  This mode sounds a lot like the game Deceit (I think that's the name).  One player is the monster and has to try to convince other players they are not the monster.  Then when he/she drinks blood pouches and the lights go out, the monster form appears.  That is basically the concept of this mode from what I can gather.  Not sure if I'm gonna like or play it but I will give it a go.  

The blue dot definitely represents the killer. Roy’s mask had blue on it so I’m sure that’s the reason for the blue dot. Other than that we’ll just have to wait and see. A lot of thought is put into game modes such as this so I’m sure when the day comes it’ll be worth the wait. I’m looking forward to the change of pace it’ll provide, including the mind games that will be implemented by the killer. Can’t wait. 

They better put Roy in the main game too.

It's pretty ridiculous to take someone who was essentially Jason in all but name, and remove him from the game on authenticity grounds, then throw him in an Ultimate Werewolf/Dario Argento knockoff, as if that's fits the character more?

Convince others you're not the killer when you are. If that's the way it goes, it's almost like John Carpenter's "The Thing". (which, incidentally, I've always thought should be GUN/Illfonic's next game franchise.)

3 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Is it possible that the game then begins with "Mr. Dead Counselor" (that Jason always kills) discovered murdered by the counselors, and they all begin trying to figure out which one killed him? And then the counselor with the Roy mask tries to isolate each counselor and kill them? Perhaps triggering an animation where they put the mask on just before the murder, then take it off at the end of the animation?

Never thought about that. That actually reminds me of Tarantino's movie The Hateful Eight. The movie played out in a similar way you described. It also had some influences from The Thing. It would be interesting to see if the game mode goes that direction.