Just now, malloymk said:

That's pretty selfish and why don't you just lock yourself upstairs and wait for the visual clue of Jason having to bust through the door. Stand by the window and jump out? At least it gives other people a chance to get in the Lodge to avoid Jason.

For me, it depends on how many people are still alive. If I know from a full map that people are occupying hiding spots somewhere out in the middle of nowhere, I'll sometimes take over a big lodge on the Packanack/Higgins Haven maps while prepping it up to deal with Jason. In those cases I'm not worried about locking people out so much as I am trying to get Jason's attention on me. For these cases I rarely see people flock over to the big cabins because they're usually stealth counselors who don't want Jason to find them in the first place, therefore they stay away once they hear the music.

As a Jenny main I've gotten used to Jason hunting me down, but I certainly don't have to make it easy for him. Plus having locked doors getting busted down helps me deal with Jason who use Morph with Stalk to try and silently infiltrate the place. Also, in the event Jason has Rage mode activated during those times (and I'm aware of it), I can get a freebie shot at him while he Hollywood busts his way through the door.

Just now, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I don't understand selfish? There are other ways in through the window and who says I lock every door in the main cabin? That would take ages but I usually lock the one I come through and 70% of the time I get the sound of jason smashing it leaving me time to run down stairs and out 

There are 3 doors to lock at the main lodge. It does not take ages to do so.

As a kiter it sucks to run Jason around only to get to a locked main lodge door that Jason can break in one swing anyway. It's much more of a negative to your teammates than a negative for Jason or a gain for yourself.

4 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Porch is on back side. There is a very slim chance choppa or deb will make it all the way around there.

As for your video, a good Jason that uses stalk can get ya. Someone leaving the door open is different than being closed.

Not that bedroom door I meant if they locked the outside door  I would of heard him come in 

5 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I don't understand selfish? There are other ways in through the window and who says I lock every door in the main cabin? That would take ages but I usually lock the one I come through and 70% of the time I get the sound of jason smashing it leaving me time to run down stairs and out 

And here lies the problem. You probably mean well, but if you lock that door  in the main lodge that faces the car then the only way back in on the other side of Building.  If choppa or deb are fixing car and Jason morphs there ( by the way the morph point is a lil in front of car, so in your path to that side) they will run up to the door that you locked and die, all so you can have a sound que. I bet you don't miss that engine starting sound que do ya?  Leaving them to die is wrong.

You're all loosing the point here and miss understanding... I don't go around locking ever door I see what my original post was is that there are people hauling through cabins purposely leaving every door open!!! 

If im near a door I'll lock it I'm not gonna spend tons of time to lock main lodge doors!

17 hours ago, Ethan said:

And here lies the problem. You probably mean well, but if you lock that door  in the main lodge that faces the car then the only way back in on the other side of Building.  If choppa or deb are fixing car and Jason morphs there ( by the way the morph point is a lil in front of car, so in your path to that side) they will run up to the door that you locked and die, all so you can have a sound que. I bet you don't miss that engine starting sound que do ya?  Leaving them to die is wrong.

Funny thing is I never locked that door for that reason! ? I'm a team player if anything!

7 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Funny thing is I never locked that door for that reason! ? I'm a team player if anything!

When you commented that you disagree that you lock doors at main lodge to hear for a sound que, that was the door in question. You never said I lock all doors except that one.

4 minutes ago, Ethan said:

When you commented that you disagree that you lock doors at main lodge to hear for a sound que, that was the door in question. You never said I lock all doors except that one.

I honestly think I've only locked the porch one and kitchen but never the car side

2 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I honestly think I've only locked the porch one and kitchen but never the car side

There are 3 packanack lodge doors. 2 on porch side facing lake and 1 facing car near living room. What are you calling kitchen? Surely you don't mean the interior kitchen door?

Anyway not picking on You, just wanted to know if you were accidentally locking people out on backside.

On 10/31/2017 at 8:29 AM, Miss AJ said:

I just don't understand ppl leaving doors wide open & just running around in a mad dash to steal everything for themselves? It's always a Vannessa or Bugsy I swear making all kinds of noise. 

Where do they go to hide when Jason shows up & all the cabins are unsecured? They lead the killer to the repair players or they're the first ones to die!  

Some games I can't loot one cabin without somebody coming in on me. I had to resort to grabbing Moms sweater because I had nothing. Ppl rush the sweater too or Tommy call for the easy 50 pts xp. 

I use them both and I NEVER do this. Also, this post smells very biased...

On 10/31/2017 at 8:42 AM, Mr. Blonde said:

Vanessa and Buggzy don't "hide". They can out run all Jason's and escape the easiest out of all. They force Jason's to use shift or knives and that's IF the Jason really wants to waste their time focusing on them while other counselor's do objectives.

I don't get the hate for characters like Vanessa. In most games that I use her in, I'm actually the one doing so much for the team. If it's not burning 5+ mins from the timer distracting a Jason, it's quickly gathering parts and dropping them off at their specific objective for the team. I also quickly gather supplies like heals, firecrackers, etc. and drop them by areas players will see them.

I rather have a noisy Vanessa or Buggzy catching the attention of a Jason player than an A.J. or Tiffany hiding in a closet or crouching near a rock in the woods. . .

You can always tell the difference between a skilled player and a casual.

On 10/31/2017 at 9:09 AM, PowellCampsNAKED said:

It's not a copy topic it's my experience shared! ;)

Also if you don't lock it jason will just open the door 

I always barricade the doors. It's a part of my strategy (partly omitted) while I'm preparing for endgame (or Jason's Rage mode for casuals).

On 10/31/2017 at 9:22 AM, Vaderspupil said:

I make it a habit to go through every cabin and check it even when I know someone had just been in there.  I make sure to lock all the doors and check for any objective items and unopened drawers.  Just the other day I did that and found car keys and the phone fuse after a Vanessa had "looted" the cabin.:angry:

Bullshit!  I have died many times when fleeing from Jason and diving through a cabin window only to find the the door is unlocked and Jason walks right in and kills me before I can get up and lock it!  It's incredibly selfish to not provide a safe(albeit temporarily) zone for your fellow counselors.

Yeah, I've been killed by doors being left open more times than I care to recall.

On 10/31/2017 at 9:25 AM, Ethan said:

1) if Jason is not chasing You, there is no reason. Doors are closed by default. A locked door indicates a councilors presence.

2) if some poor soul is running from Jason, the door lock icon isnt apparent until they get close to It and have to change dirrections. 

3) a locked door means you have to take a window. That window could be broken, forcing damage. 

4) if you go through window, there is an animation. I can hit you easily with a throwing knife.  If door was unlocked, you don't get hit doing the close animation.

5) after 10 mins Jason has rage and one buttons through those doors. All the time you wasted barricading every door, has now become a hindrance to the survivors. 

6) there are some cabins (very few) that can not be opened after you have barricaded them and then jumped out a window. People some time over look key items like battery and if you are running from jman. 

Closing doors stops him from shifting in. I'm a backer  and been 101 for a while.  Hundreds of hours logged. When I see people barricade doors when no Jason music is playing, I assume they are new.

Barricaded doors require more hits from Jason to tear down, allowing more time to regain stamina. You can open the barricades (but keep the door shut) once Jason does hit Rage mode, though.

19 hours ago, Thad Kerrington said:

Glad I don't....from what I read its a bunch of unfun and toxic players. So I'm extremely happy I'm blessed not to be playing on that system. Close to 500 matches as a counselor, and I've only died 121 times. I'd say I have a pretty successful survival rate with my tactics.

You wouldn't last long on either side on PS4. We don't play. X^D

17 hours ago, Caulus said:

I use them both and I NEVER do this. Also, this post smells very biased...

You can always tell the difference between a skilled player and a casual.

I always barricade the doors. It's a part of my strategy (partly omitted) while I'm preparing for endgame (or Jason's Rage mode for casuals).

Yeah, I've been killed by doors being left open more times than I care to recall.

Barricaded doors require more hits from Jason to tear down, allowing more time to regain stamina. You can open the barricades (but keep the door shut) once Jason does hit Rage mode, though.

You wouldn't last long on either side on PS4. We don't play. X^D

With the history that PS systems have with online multiplayer (minus fighting games) I'm sure I'd be just fine. PS online gaming has always been weaker in the talent department....then xbox, and PC have the best (and the most cheaters lol).

17 hours ago, malloymk said:

Meh. If you have spray it's not a terrible move. Jason has to waste a morph just to meet you outside. By the time I've hit the health spray I can usually run off. If he misses his shift then it's easy to get back in the lodge or somewhere else.

Waste of a spray and time. Other than hanging around to get in a car on Pacanak or Higgins, there is no reason to be in the main cabins, much less upstairs. You spawn by then, and see what parts are there and then leave with them. I haven't been upstairs hiding in a main cabin since a month after launch. There is no reason to be up there for more than 2 minutes tops....if any at all.

5 hours ago, Thad Kerrington said:

Waste of a spray and time. Other than hanging around to get in a car on Pacanak or Higgins, there is no reason to be in the main cabins, much less upstairs. You spawn by then, and see what parts are there and then leave with them. I haven't been upstairs hiding in a main cabin since a month after launch. There is no reason to be up there for more than 2 minutes tops....if any at all.

Agree to disagree. Main cabins can be good for kiting. Especially if the objectives are elsewhere and you can steal some of Jason's time.

Just had a lobby full of trolls (ok not full but multiple troll behaviors) and thought of this thread.

Tell me why someone put a trap on the path to a cabin? In the same game someone put a trap in front of an open door while the windows to that cabin were closed. According to some of the people in this thread, I was in the wrong because I used an open door and should have used a window. So why weren’t the windows open? It had to have been the same person. The lapse in logic is startling. Of course I would use an open door and not a closed window to go into a cabin. I left the lobby because the entire game was open doors and closed windows and no progress. The idiocy and troll behavior is pathetic and tiresome. 

• Like 1

Being a JR main, half the time I'm guaranteed to be locked out on the car side and left to die by the steps haha. Such is life for a bespectacled teen in a wrestling costume. 

I had to merge together a few double posts here, guys. The conversation is good, just please bear in mind the rules & regs of the forum and avoid that in the future, thanks.

6 hours ago, hazyswayze said:

Being a JR main, half the time I'm guaranteed to be locked out on the car side and left to die by the steps haha. Such is life for a bespectacled teen in a wrestling costume. 

That sucks

hey, @Ethan... in re-reading this thread, I've gotta say you and a few others had some good arguments against locking the main house doors and i just wanted to say I'm man enough to admit that i might have been on the wrong side of this debate. I'm definitely going to reconsider my approach the next time the opportunity presents itself. 

28 minutes ago, matisangry said:

hey, @Ethan... in re-reading this thread, I've gotta say you and a few others had some good arguments against locking the main house doors and i just wanted to say I'm man enough to admit that i might have been on the wrong side of this debate. I'm definitely going to reconsider my approach the next time the opportunity presents itself. 

What @Ethan and you guys miss understand is that my post was referring to people running through small cabins leaving every outside door open! Again it's ignorant and not healthy to teamwork! 

Somehow the main cabin got dragged into the convo and twisted around! 

39 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

What @Ethan and you guys miss understand is that my post was referring to people running through small cabins leaving every outside door open! Again it's ignorant and not healthy to teamwork! 

Somehow the main cabin got dragged into the convo and twisted around! 

i think the convo kinda split, but i totally agree that it's a dick move not to barricade the actual cabins. 

1 hour ago, matisangry said:

i think the convo kinda split, but i totally agree that it's a dick move not to barricade the actual cabins. 

It's not a dick move to lock the putter doors as long as there is a window to climb through 

On 10/31/2017 at 9:57 AM, IronCatFish said:

I barricade doors, but don't lock them.  If there is a cabin, I'll open all the windows before leaving it just in-case I or another counselor need to make an emergency dive.  Having to stop and open a window on the outside while Jason is in pursuit is a huge risk.  If he doesn't shift grab or snipe you with his weapon, he can hit you with a knife while you recover after entering through the window.

Another thing I do is empty drawers.  Even if its a duplicate item like a healing spray that I already have, I will dump my item at the front of the cabin or somewhere players can see it and take the one in the drawer.  I run Medic perk, so there is no reason for me to ever run around with three healing sprays when someone else could use it.

That’s a great idea, I never thought to drop the duplicate item and empty the drawer. That would cut so much time down when you have to search cabins a second time for overlooked items 

1 minute ago, shodan said:

That’s a great idea, I never thought to drop the duplicate item and empty the drawer. That would cut so much time down when you have to search cabins a second time for overlooked items 

Exactly.

Plus it's easier to find in general. I might be juking Jason between cabins and have to jump through a busted window. You generally don't have much time to search the empty drawers and check bathrooms, especially once rage kicks in. Putting that med spray on the ground might just save my life.

• Like 1

Something else to consider.

As the previous posters indicated never close and lock interior doors or the “one hit doors” found in the main building at Packanack\Higgins.

Instead what I do is I always close doors behind me. This allows you to get a better chance of hiding in plain site using stealth characters.  If are using “low profile” and “level headed” the chance that Jason can detect you with sense drops significantly, it also makes it appear to jason that the councelors may have left or haven’t explored and looted the building. If you hear the music, walk into a room with a window, close the door and crouch. Usually Jason leaves after laying thentraps. If another councelor is present do the same thing and more than likely Jason will focus on them allowing you to escape.  

This works best early game and can mean life or death when spawning in the fuse house. 

Also closing the interior doors makes it harder for Jason to shift grab, me might try to shift run into the door and have to chance it to open the door, allowing you to escape.

21 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I had to merge together a few double posts here, guys. The conversation is good, just please bear in mind the rules & regs of the forum and avoid that in the future, thanks.

I know that you do that and in my opinion it is waste of time but I respect that you like to do it. But, you always talkes about the rules but I have read the rules and they say nothing about double postings. I'm just saying you should update the rules.

The reason it's done is partly so people can't just inflate their post counts with multiple posts in a row (don't know why but some people on the Net put stock by that) and mostly to allow proper back and forth debate in a tidy fashion rather than someone just putting up several posts and a wall of text that takes up a big chunk of the page.

It falls under 'posting with purpose', it's been more of an accepted house rule here for almost all the time this forum has been around.
I wasn't aware this was a sticking point before now, but if it's going to be, then I guess it will have to be verbatim.