1 minute ago, Ethan said:

I just don't see why so many people think this is why they died. Jason has no reason to be in a cabin unless he's in pursuit.

It's not so much the reason they died. It's more that if the doors were barricaded they could've juked him longer and possibly survived the night. You're correct, if Jason is on you chances are you're dead anyway. But at th very least you could occupy more time like @Toddarino said and the fixers might be able to get shit done.

I'll be curious what you find out. I guess I look at it also as Jason. When playing as him I love unlocked doors. I've been able to get a lot of people that way.

Ok. It's clear Im In the minority. But for every door you barricade to save someone seconds from Jason getting them, what about the councilors who are low on stamina, run towards the front door, see it's locked, chose to go to the side of cabin only to realise that window is boarded up? They are now stuck outside for a few seconds and have to deal with potential shift grab. 

At least an unlocked door the could open it shut it in his face to stop shift.  ( btw the shutting door action refills 20% stamina) 

You guys want me to see your logic but you can't admit my reasoning for doing it has logic as well?? It's not like im a savage leaving the door open so Jason can shift in on you. And yes, I close doors others have left open. Closing doors refills stamina. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Ok. It's clear Im In the minority. But for every door you barricade to save someone seconds from Jason getting them, what about the councilors who are low on stamina, run towards the front door, see it's locked, chose to go to the side of cabin only to realise that window is boarded up? They are now stuck outside for a few seconds and have to deal with potential shift grab. 

At least an unlocked door the could open it shut it in his face to stop shift.  ( btw the shutting door action refills 20% stamina) 

You guys want me to see your logic but you can't admit my reasoning for doing it has logic as well?? It's not like im a savage leaving the door open so Jason can shift in on you. And yes, I close doors others have left open. Closing doors refills stamina. 

I completely understand what you're saying, I just don't agree with it. I mained Deb for a long time so I know how that goes. I'd still rather have the door barricaded before I get there. If my stamina is that low, I'm likely dead anyway. As for closing the door in his face, he can still hit you through the door (I got my friend with that on accident last weekend and he got mad as fuck). So yes, you can shut it in his face. But you're still not safe.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 1:13 PM, Trident77 said:

The problem with putting bear traps behind non-barricaded doors is that trolls are known to do this when they don't want to be caught. If they armed a bear trap underneath a window then it would instantly alert the team there's a troll.

Furthermore, if for any reason I see broken windows, I'm not going to risk taking damage going through them even as Jenny. Luckily I've never fell victim to this trap method, but I have disarmed quite a few that probably would've caught someone not paying attention (or they're sprinting to the door to escape from Jason, and therefore will not expect it).

Funny you should say this...because I accidently helped 2 counselors get killed last night this very way. They were running from THE MAN, and open the door to the cabin I was hiding in, only to get beared, and then watched them get their headchopped off. All the while I was hiding under a bed watching the whole thing take place. I was playing as Chad though, so technically, I was playing the role of the character exactly like I should've.

10 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Yeah. This is why I'm not against leaving doors open in small cabins or doors unlocked in the longer cabins.

3 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I always assume the door is locked and go for the nearest window.  If I die, I die. I'll tip my hat to Jason, simple as that.  Most cabins have a window next to the front door anyway.  Going through a window also restores stamina and as I've mentioned before, in the time it takes to close a door, Jason can shift into the cabin behind you.  I've done it as Jason and had it done to me as a counselor.

That is because your logic is severely flawed!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, malloymk said:

I think we can all agree that lockinh doors at main lodges is dumb.

No disagree it's like a alarm to hear if you're upstairs ?

2 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I always assume the door is locked and go for the nearest window.  If I die, I die. I'll tip my hat to Jason, simple as that.  Most cabins have a window next to the front door anyway.  Going through a window also restores stamina and as I've mentioned before, in the time it takes to close a door, Jason can shift into the cabin behind you.  I've done it as Jason and had it done to me as a counselor.

That is because your logic is severely flawed!

Severely flawed?no. Doesn't fit your playstyle?Yes.  The guy running to the cabin and getting shifted on outside is just as important as the guy inside who wants the door barricaded. The guy repairing car and sees Jason, runs to packanack door to find it locked is just as important as the guy upstairs waiting for his sound que. 

What makes your playstyle "right" if others are still being harmed by it?

Just now, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I'm not talking about the upstairs. I'm referring to the entrance doors.

Jason can break down those glass doors in one hit anyway.

He's implying that locking you outside so he can go up stairs and do his business, while you die, is more important to him so he can get a sound que(door busting), you know because jasons music doesn't start playing when he's near or anything....

That's what I mean if you lock those and your upstairs and jason has stalk on or not you hear the outside door smash as an alert to high tail out

Severely flawed?no. Doesn't fit your playstyle?Yes.  The guy running to the cabin and getting shifted on outside is just as important as the guy inside who wants the door barricaded. The guy repairing car and sees Jason, runs to packanack door to find it locked is just as important as the guy upstairs waiting for his sound que. 

What makes your playstyle "right" if others are still being harmed by it?

I do not recall ever having  seen a single player complain about dying because of a locked door.

• Like 1

He's implying that locking you outside so he can go up stairs and do his business, while you die, is more important to him so he can get a sound que(door busting), you know because jasons music doesn't start playing when he's near or anything....

That's why there are windows dude! And ever hear of "stalk" cough cough ?

He's implying that locking you outside so he can go up stairs and do his business, while you die, is more important to him so he can get a sound que, you know because jasons music doesn't start playing when he's near or anything....

if he's in stalk it doesn't but agree one hit doors should stay unlocked

Just now, PowellCampsNAKED said:

That's why there are windows dude! And ever hear of "stalk" cough cough ?

Enlighten me of these reachable windows on the side by car or actual sides of packanack?

10 minutes ago, malloymk said:

I think we can all agree that lockinh doors at main lodges is dumb.

Agreed!

6 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Staying upstairs in one of the main cabins is the worst ideas you could have in playing this game.

Just now, Ethan said:

Enlighten me of these reachable windows on the side by car or actual sides of packanack?

The porch windows... here's what happened to me because no one locked the outside door and I thought he was gone https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealModernCoffeeCeilingCat?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

if he's in stalk it doesn't but agree one hit doors should stay unlocked

As Jason, I'll bust down those doors whether they are locked to unlocked.  I don't really understand what the purpose is for having a lock on those doors?:huh:

5 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

That's what I mean if you lock those and your upstairs and jason has stalk on or not you hear the outside door smash as an alert to high tail out

That's pretty selfish and why don't you just lock yourself upstairs and wait for the visual clue of Jason having to bust through the door. Stand by the window and jump out? At least it gives other people a chance to get in the Lodge to avoid Jason.

4 minutes ago, Thad Kerrington said:

Agreed!

Staying upstairs in one of the main cabins is the worst ideas you could have in playing this game.

Who said I stay up there? 

2 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

The porch windows... here's what happened to me because no one locked the outside door and I thought he was gone https://clips.twitch.tv/ArborealModernCoffeeCeilingCat?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

Porch is on back side. There is a very slim chance choppa or deb will make it all the way around there.

As for your video, a good Jason that uses stalk can get ya. Someone leaving the door open is different than being closed.

17 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Just close the doors. You don't need to lock them.

17 hours ago, Thad Kerrington said:

Agreed!

Meh. If you have spray it's not a terrible move. Jason has to waste a morph just to meet you outside. By the time I've hit the health spray I can usually run off. If he misses his shift then it's easy to get back in the lodge or somewhere else.

• Like 1

That's pretty selfish and why don't you just lock yourself upstairs and wait for the visual clue of Jason having to bust through the door. Stand by the window and jump out? At least it gives other people a chance to get in the Lodge to avoid Jason.

I don't understand selfish? There are other ways in through the window and who says I lock every door in the main cabin? That would take ages but I usually lock the one I come through and 70% of the time I get the sound of jason smashing it leaving me time to run down stairs and out