11 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

(Player) last night - "what are you doing noob I already looted all 5 of them cabins hahaha" 

(ME level 81) - "I know troll I'm just shutting and locking all the doors you left open ... oh look I found the boat propeller hahahaha oh and shut the fucking doors next time"

I'm out of likes for the day. But this deserves one.

This is the standard experience in public matches.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ethan said:

I agree with going back through cabins because people miss stuff.

I disagree with you death being someone else's fault. If you are being chased by Jason, you are more than likely already dead. The cabin you jumped into isn't guaranteed to be pre checked  and the door wouldn't be barricaded anyways. So if you died it's your own fault, not some random guy in a lobby. 

Right it’s not some randoms fault for running through every cabin leaving the doors wide open because they could give two shakes about players in the mid to end game. Every decision you make has a consequence and just because it may not directly affect you doesn’t mean that it does not affect someone else.

The logic behind running through cabins and leaving doors open only hurts players later in the game once Jason has shift. And if the Jason is good it’s anyones debate as to how long or if you will survive, but opens doors significantly decrease the probability of survival. 

Now I can kite the living shit out of Jason. It’s even easier now that he can’t reach anyone which is kind of sad. It’s always these players who bum rush cabins and leave doors open that missed several drawers/items in one cabin that had: a pocket knife, the fuse, and/or an objective part. I never trust that just because someone’s been in a cabin that it’s clear because 9 times out of ten they missed something important. And I always barricade doors. 

5 hours ago, Trident77 said:

The problem with putting bear traps behind non-barricaded doors is that trolls are known to do this when they don't want to be caught. If they armed a bear trap underneath a window then it would instantly alert the team there's a troll.

Furthermore, if for any reason I see broken windows, I'm not going to risk taking damage going through them even as Jenny. Luckily I've never fell victim to this trap method, but I have disarmed quite a few that probably would've caught someone not paying attention (or they're sprinting to the door to escape from Jason, and therefore will not expect it).

Never had any complaints thus far....sorry, but I only go thru windows after I've explored the first cabin when I spawn. Many people do this, hence where I learn the tactic from....and I've played with many 101's that do this as well. I used to barricade the door then bear trapped, but was constantly fused at and explained in lobbies by many experienced players to do it this way, and have been for the past 2 months.

5 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

Hope you don't play on PS4.

Glad I don't....from what I read its a bunch of unfun and toxic players. So I'm extremely happy I'm blessed not to be playing on that system. Close to 500 matches as a counselor, and I've only died 121 times. I'd say I have a pretty successful survival rate with my tactics.

Edited by Thad Kerrington

Being lvl 101 and thinking cabin doors should be left open proves that being max level doesn’t automatically mean you know what you’re doing in the game.

• Like 4

You may have a successful survival rate but I bet the other poor saps you play with don't. Why anyone would bear trap an unlocked door is beyond me.

15 hours ago, Truth said:

How so exactly?

I think he means houses where doors get destroyed in one hit whether they are locked or left open I too see no point in locking these doors, usually the ones with a big window on them

15 hours ago, Toddarino said:

Yes ps4 to be honest it's the same on all platforms

9 hours ago, Dandan10 said:

I think he means houses where doors get destroyed in one hit whether they are locked or left open I too see no point in locking these doors, usually the ones with a big window on them

You need to still lock them so you hear jason smash them if your upstairs 

51 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

You need to still lock them so you hear jason smash them if your upstairs 

yes.

these doors are essentially alarms to me. they don't really slow jason down but they alert you to his presence when maybe you can't see him. 

1 hour ago, matisangry said:

yes.

these doors are essentially alarms to me. they don't really slow jason down but they alert you to his presence when maybe you can't see him. 

Seems very selfish to me. So you are saying a sound que for when you happen to be upstairs ( and far enough from Jason to hide or out maneuver Jason) is more important than saving the life of the repair character who happens to be by the car repairing it and has to run to that door just to see it locked?? 

But yet you guys think someone who closes a door so Jason can't shift  in but doesn't barricade everyone or open every window " causes you death "?   

I'll continue stealth and repair tactics and having my 9/10 survival rate while you guys lock up and make a stand.  

I know there are different character "classes", but leaving someone to their death for a sound que ( not like Jason music plays when he's near) is selfish.

38 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Seems very selfish to me. So you are saying a sound que for when you happen to be upstairs ( and far enough from Jason to hide or out maneuver Jason) is more important than saving the life of the repair character who happens to be by the car repairing it and has to run to that door just to see it locked?? 

not at all. first, i have my preference set to counselor and play on random so i'm frequently slower repair characters. i'm familiar with the struggles of a slow-ass lachappa busted mid-repair by jason. second, i think it saves more lives than it costs. i can't think of a single time those doors being locked has gotten me killed. why? because there's usually a window near by and, more importantly, i go in to games assuming that if a door is closed, it is locked so i don't bank on them for escaping. i also pay attention to my surroundings and try to figure out escape routes before installing objectives. third, i'm about as selfless of a player as they come. i'm sure many here can attest to this. whether i'm sacrificing myself so others can get away or giving up sprays and pocket knives i'm all about the greater good. i really just don't see this as selfish.

18 minutes ago, matisangry said:

not at all. first, i have my preference set to counselor and play on random so i'm frequently slower repair characters. i'm familiar with the struggles of a slow-ass lachappa busted mid-repair by jason. second, i think it saves more lives than it costs. i can't think of a single time those doors being locked has gotten me killed. why? because there's usually a window near by and, more importantly, i go in to games assuming that if a door is closed, it is locked so i don't bank on them for escaping. i also pay attention to my surroundings and try to figure out escape routes before installing objectives. third, i'm about as selfless of a player as they come. i'm sure many here can attest to this. whether i'm sacrificing myself so others can get away or giving up sprays and pocket knives i'm all about the greater good. i really just don't see this as selfish.

Ok. I see you have good intentions. So maybe not selfish. But where is the ground level window by packanack door near car? There isn't one. You have to run to back side of house. Same for back door at Higgins house. No window to jump through.  

I may be biased due to maiming deb. When I hear Jason music,as long as he doesn't have rage, I slide under a bed to avoid sense. He then leaves the area.i just don't understand how locking that door does more good than harm. 

12 hours ago, Ethan said:

Ok. I see you have good intentions. So maybe not selfish. But where is the ground level window by packanack door near car? There isn't one. You have to run to back side of house. Same for back door at Higgins house. No window to jump through.  

I may be biased due to maiming deb. When I hear Jason music,as long as he doesn't have rage, I slide under a bed to avoid sense. He then leaves the area.i just don't understand how locking that door does more good than harm. 

i guess I'm still generally able to skirt him even when that door is locked. my go-to is usually the cabin just ahead of the car to the right. that allows me to regroup and gives me the option to hop from cabin to cabin without getting trapped in the main house where your forced to either juke and skirt or hide upstairs and potentially be forced out a second story window. if i can be totally honest, and maybe backtrack a little, i don't tend to lock the door right next to the car but i think that has less to do with thinking it's a bad idea and more to do with me just not using it all that much.   

hearing jason's music is obviously HUGE but i think once jason gets wind that people are trying to repair the car he tends to camp there which makes it a little less useful. 

at the end of the day, i lock those doors but don't get annoyed by those that don't AS LONG AS THEY SHUT THEM since jason is likely to smash though  them anyway. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Toddarino said:

I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but keep in mind a HUGE amount of former Xbox players jumped ship this gen to get a PS4.  With that fact comes the reality that a good portion of them could be the same type that only trash talk and troll/play like douchebags (what CoD and its players are famous for).  Given, it in no way is ONLY an Xbox/MS thing, but that could be just one of MANY reasons why people constantly run into trolls/greifers in recent PS4 games (this game in particular).  There are ALWAYS shitty people everywhere, this is just my experience this gen so far.

17 minutes ago, matisangry said:

at the end of the day, i lock those doors but don't get annoyed by those that don't AS LONG AS THEY SHUT THEM since jason is likely to smash threw them anyway. 

Yes to this.  

Also , thanks for arguingyour point in a constructive way

23 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Not necessarily true. With Jason breaking the door down, sometimes the broken pieces cover it up. Also, of he busts through it in Rage mode, it's almost a guarantee he walks in it if placed correctly.

As for Campfacer's topic, spot on. I can't stand people that don't barricade doors and walk by main objective items. They simply want the weapons and drawers. Or maybe they are new and don't know where items can possibly spawn. This point proves it is always worth a double check unless you have worked with the camper previously and know they are thorough.

I have been burnt by players locking main lodge at Packanack though. Installing battery or fuse and Jason morphs there. I try to run inside just to see the padlock of my fate, locking me to my doom. I also don't lock the two small cabins by main lodge. I actually leave these two wide open in case of chase scenarios, a camper can run inside and shut them, open a window and collect stamina for a second. They don't have to waste time with door open animations which can buy an extra second or two. 

On the other side, I have been burnt by being chased by Jason, hopping into the next cabin only to have him stalk, and shift inside because someone left the back or front door wide open. Thanks buddy!

Someone mentioned many reasons not to barricade. I think almost all his reasons had valid points for his play, but wrong for others. The first one being it indicates someone is inside. No, it indicates someone had been there. Sense indicates someone inside. Besides, if Jason sees a locked door and automatically assumes someone is inside, then good. Let him waste time with the bait. 

I agree with your conclusion but differ on your judgment of the motive.   I thoroughly despise the people who leave barricade-able doors open.  (With exception of one Pack tiny house near the main lodge).  Being able to enter/jump inside a house with doors locked when Jason is after you gives you a few seconds to gain Stamina, at minimum.  I do not lock flimsy doors without barricades as Jason opening the door takes just as long as him taking a single swing.  In Higgins, the main house you can really play ring-around-the-rosy running around the house and porch hoping something pulls Jason away.  

Leaving doors opened/locked allows others who are trying to find items some people miss (certain drawers go unchecked sometimes as well as items) are going to want a few seconds of breathing room should Jason show up.  Those who say "locked door equals someone inside" is false after the first 5-6 minutes as after that, a lot of cabins will now be locked from counselors visiting and locked them while there).  Sure, Jason can rage 8-9 minutes to go but still he may waste time doing windows as well as him doing rage through a door sets him up for a stun attack in the animation.  He isn't vulnerable walking through an open doorway nor just opening an unlocked door. 

Those who say it does nothing as Jason will eventually Rage are using that as a smokescreen to mask their loot zerging in the first few minutes as rushing through cabins without barring doors means they have 5 seconds per door advantage over those that don't, per door to get keys, knives, etc. 

Numerous times I have been burned running to a cabin getting inside and barring the door only someone left back door wide open and you run into Jason in the narrow hallway, or go through a window and he just opens the doors and waltzes in.  Putting a trap behind an unbarriaced door is going to get counselors, not Jason, as the Counselor will see unlocked, and open and enter. 

On Packanack, locking the doors can lead to death trap as all the doors are one shot and gone whereas if you have doors unclocked or open you can play the hide-and-seek where Jason sees whole cabin red but not know if you're in kitchen, main room going out the back, and the like.  You try and fix the car, he shows up and you head into the lodge, and he can get you if you then try to get to the front porch and someone locked them on you. 

35 minutes ago, va_ghost said:

I agree with your conclusion but differ on your judgment of the motive.   I thoroughly despise the people who leave barricade-able doors open.  (With exception of one Pack tiny house near the main lodge).  Being able to enter/jump inside a house with doors locked when Jason is after you gives you a few seconds to gain Stamina, at minimum.  I do not lock flimsy doors without barricades as Jason opening the door takes just as long as him taking a single swing.  In Higgins, the main house you can really play ring-around-the-rosy running around the house and porch hoping something pulls Jason away.  

Leaving doors opened/locked allows others who are trying to find items some people miss (certain drawers go unchecked sometimes as well as items) are going to want a few seconds of breathing room should Jason show up.  Those who say "locked door equals someone inside" is false after the first 5-6 minutes as after that, a lot of cabins will now be locked from counselors visiting and locked them while there).  Sure, Jason can rage 8-9 minutes to go but still he may waste time doing windows as well as him doing rage through a door sets him up for a stun attack in the animation.  He isn't vulnerable walking through an open doorway nor just opening an unlocked door. 

Those who say it does nothing as Jason will eventually Rage are using that as a smokescreen to mask their loot zerging in the first few minutes as rushing through cabins without barring doors means they have 5 seconds per door advantage over those that don't, per door to get keys, knives, etc. 

Numerous times I have been burned running to a cabin getting inside and barring the door only someone left back door wide open and you run into Jason in the narrow hallway, or go through a window and he just opens the doors and waltzes in.  Putting a trap behind an unbarriaced door is going to get counselors, not Jason, as the Counselor will see unlocked, and open and enter. 

On Packanack, locking the doors can lead to death trap as all the doors are one shot and gone whereas if you have doors unclocked or open you can play the hide-and-seek where Jason sees whole cabin red but not know if you're in kitchen, main room going out the back, and the like.  You try and fix the car, he shows up and you head into the lodge, and he can get you if you then try to get to the front porch and someone locked them on you. 

I agree with most of what you said. However, I believe there is a difference between "loot zerging" and someone who makes sure doors are shut but doesn't barricade.  

I like to repair. I know the spawn points of most key items and will systematically completely search a cabin I am in. Getting knives or firecrackers first has nothing to do with it for me. I like to repair the fuse,cars,boat and escape with as many people as possible,picking up survivors on the way and even stopping to beep horn to get unaware councilors outside and in the car.

Since my objective as a repair character is to repair and leave as fast as possible, stopping to open all windows and barricade all doors is not feasible. I have no intention on confronting Jason and if he does happen to find me, 3/4 times I am capable of "losing aggro" 

You may not agree with this playstyle, but when the cops have been called and I have the 4 seater packed, I have helped my team way more than making sure a random cabin off the beaten path that may or may not even be entered again is prepped up for a showdown against an unstoppable monster. Jason is not intended to be "beaten" by locking up your cabin and setting that trap. Once he gets in and gets to You, none of that matters.

Now, people who leave doors open and skip key items in a fast rage are not even in the same level as me. What angers me, as earlier in this thread, are people who assume because I play efficiently and help my team and I survive, that I'm one of these loot zergers. No. I am not. I would never leave a door open or lock a flimsy door and harm a fellow councilor.

Barracding every door you come across is not mandatory.  If that's your play style, by all means, it's your game play how you want. But don't force your beliefs on me. When I die, i assume responsibility. It's not because a door was in barricaded . It's because I was found in the first place. If you can't dodge his sense, red is dead. Barricade will prolong your demise by 4 seconds. 

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

Yes to this.  

Also , thanks for arguingyour point in a constructive way

no worries, man! same to you. 

48 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I agree with most of what you said. However, I believe there is a difference between "loot zerging" and someone who makes sure doors are shut but doesn't barricade.  

I like to repair. I know the spawn points of most key items and will systematically completely search a cabin I am in. Getting knives or firecrackers first has nothing to do with it for me. I like to repair the fuse,cars,boat and escape with as many people as possible,picking up survivors on the way and even stopping to beep horn to get unaware councilors outside and in the car.

Since my objective as a repair character is to repair and leave as fast as possible, stopping to open all windows and barricade all doors is not feasible. I have no intention on confronting Jason and if he does happen to find me, 3/4 times I am capable of "losing aggro" 

You may not agree with this playstyle, but when the cops have been called and I have the 4 seater packed, I have helped my team way more than making sure a random cabin off the beaten path that may or may not even be entered again is prepped up for a showdown against an unstoppable monster. Jason is not intended to be "beaten" by locking up your cabin and setting that trap. Once he gets in and gets to You, none of that matters.

Now, people who leave doors open and skip key items in a fast rage are not even in the same level as me. What angers me, as earlier in this thread, are people who assume because I play efficiently and help my team and I survive, that I'm one of these loot zergers. No. I am not. I would never leave a door open or lock a flimsy door and harm a fellow councilor.

Barracding every door you come across is not mandatory.  If that's your play style, by all means, it's your game play how you want. But don't force your beliefs on me. When I die, i assume responsibility. It's not because a door was in barricaded . It's because I was found in the first place. If you can't dodge his sense, red is dead. Barricade will prolong your demise by 4 seconds. 

Just out of curiosity how long do you think it takes to barricade a door? I think it's funny when people say they don't have time for this.

2 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

Just out of curiosity how long do you think it takes to barricade a door? I think it's funny when people say they don't have time for this.

I could ask you that same question, sir. If you have time for this, go ahead and do it. Doors aren't barricaded to begin with, so if it's closed when you get there, you have the same chance of survival than if it was a un pilfered cabin.

What this boils down to is you somehow feel that an unbarricaded door is going to cost you the game.  If objectives aren't complete and you completely barricade and trap a house, it still going to glow red and the shark will continue to pursue his prey.

If I hop in a window, loot cabin and get key items, repair or call cops, but leave door shut, I have not cost you the game. I have saved lives. Question is, why are you still there that late in the game? Could it be because you barricaded every door and opened every window and placed every trap? If you enjoy confrontation with Jason, go for it. It's your game.  But asking others to repair objectives and prep houses for you seems lazy to me.

This is amusing! Let's make assumptions!

I've been either Deb or Eric since this game came out. Once we got Mitch I switched to him. I have the rather closed minded view that if you aren't a fixer, chances are you're useless. I don't confront Jason. I fix shit and get myself and others out. The difference between you and I apparently are that I give a shit about my fellow counselors. As others have stated that barricaded door gives a counselor a chance to regain stamina, open a window and sneak under a bed early in the match, or maybe most importantly it slows Jason down so someone can occupy him longer and people like you and I can get the shit fixed. 

If you want to use the old rage argument, I'll say when he rages through the door it gives someone a chance to stun him and survive a little longer.

A barricaded door has never caused my death and the two seconds it takes to seal the door has never screwed me out of escaping.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

I've been either Deb or Eric since this game came out. Once we got Mitch I switched to him. I have the rather closed minded view that if you aren't a fixer, chances are you're useless. I don't confront Jason. I fix shit and get myself and others out. The difference between you and I apparently are that I give a shit about my fellow counselors. As others have stated that barricaded door gives a counselor a chance to regain stamina, open a window and sneak under a bed early in the match, or maybe most importantly it slows Jason down so someone can occupy him longer and people like you and I can get the shit fixed. 

If you want to use the old rage argument, I'll say when he rages through the door it gives someone a chance to stun him and survive a little longer.

A barricaded door has never caused my death and the two seconds it takes to seal the door has never screwed me out of escaping.

It seems we do share similar views , except the door thing. I'll tell you what, tonight I will run a few matches and barricade every door I come across. If there is no significant change to my survival rate, then I may consider it. 

You are right about assumptions. Sorry to sound like an ass earlier, but I have been met with nothing but hostility in most of this thread.  As you said a barricaded door has never caused your death, and unbarricaded has  never caused mine. 

I just don't see why so many people think this is why they died. Jason has no reason to be in a cabin unless he's in pursuit. If he is close enough that you are dead when you stand up after entering window than you a) were probably dead anyways or b.some asshole left door wide open and he shifted in.

9 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I could ask you that same question, sir. If you have time for this, go ahead and do it. Doors aren't barricaded to begin with, so if it's closed when you get there, you have the same chance of survival than if it was a un pilfered cabin.

What this boils down to is you somehow feel that an unbarricaded door is going to cost you the game.  If objectives aren't complete and you completely barricade and trap a house, it still going to glow red and the shark will continue to pursue his prey.

If I hop in a window, loot cabin and get key items, repair or call cops, but leave door shut, I have not cost you the game. I have saved lives. Question is, why are you still there that late in the game? Could it be because you barricaded every door and opened every window and placed every trap? If you enjoy confrontation with Jason, go for it. It's your game.  But asking others to repair objectives and prep houses for you seems lazy to me.

So much for excusing yourself from this topic!:rolleyes:

I, more often than not, main a repair character too and I have plenty of time to "prep" cabins and complete repairs.  I've had many times where I've gone into a cabin at the start of the match barricaded both doors found an objective part and immediately hopped out of the cabin and installed it even before Jason showed up to trap the objective.  When Jason does show up I can hop back in the barricaded cabin, slip out the back and get away while he's in the middle of breaking down the door.  BTW you do know that when a car or boat is repaired only a select few can take advantage of that right?  The rest of us have to remain in the game until other objectives have been completed or the 20 minutes is up.  Even with the phone we have to wait 5 minutes(less with My Dad's a cop) for the cops to show up.  In that time, it's nice to know we can duck into a secured cabin for a bit before Jason breaks in and we're forced to move on to the next one.  So you may think you are saving lives, but it's potentially at the expense of others. "Prepping" the cabin takes very little time.  You're the lazy one! 

13 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

Agreed!

As an aside, I occasionally try and do fix things even as Jenny when no one else is around or show up. 

BUT - the 4-10 seconds it takes Jason to go through a barricaded door is 4 to 10 seconds of Stamina.  That doesn't mean you just live for 4-10 seconds longer.  You can now run more or at least normal jog if you were at zero and doing the zero stamina stumble jog. 

I'm sorry, I don't really see someone spending the time to turn around and close a door rather than extra 3-4 seconds to barricade.  Generally they leave it wide open and keep going.  Plus, a closed unlocked door is a sign that someone hasn't been there yet and it would behoove you as counselor seeing that to search the cabin.  Don't get me started on the trap behind unlocked door, will get counselors way more than Jason as Jason is going through there to get you, counselor will see that and go in to look around. 

If Jason is after me, I am going in a window.  If prior to late game, I'll give a door a close look to see if it is locked or not as that is huge sign saying no ne has looked here yet.  Go and find some needed repair stuff or keys or fuse inside perhaps.  (Unless something screams someone has been there like open window on the side I approach from).