PowellCampsNAKED

Were you born in a Barn???

124 posts in this topic

(Player) last night - "what are you doing noob I already looted all 5 of them cabins hahaha" 

(ME level 81) - "I know troll I'm just shutting and locking all the doors you left open ... oh look I found the boat propeller hahahaha oh and shut the fucking doors next time"

16 people like this

I just don't understand ppl leaving doors wide open & just running around in a mad dash to steal everything for themselves? It's always a Vannessa or Bugsy I swear making all kinds of noise. 

Where do they go to hide when Jason shows up & all the cabins are unsecured? They lead the killer to the repair players or they're the first ones to die!  

Some games I can't loot one cabin without somebody coming in on me. I had to resort to grabbing Moms sweater because I had nothing. Ppl rush the sweater too or Tommy call for the easy 50 pts xp. 

1 person likes this

Vanessa and Buggzy don't "hide". They can out run all Jason's and escape the easiest out of all. They force Jason's to use shift or knives and that's IF the Jason really wants to waste their time focusing on them while other counselor's do objectives.

I don't get the hate for characters like Vanessa. In most games that I use her in, I'm actually the one doing so much for the team. If it's not burning 5+ mins from the timer distracting a Jason, it's quickly gathering parts and dropping them off at their specific objective for the team. I also quickly gather supplies like heals, firecrackers, etc. and drop them by areas players will see them.

I rather have a noisy Vanessa or Buggzy catching the attention of a Jason player than an A.J. or Tiffany hiding in a closet or crouching near a rock in the woods. . .

1 person likes this

This topic again.....

Closing the door is required. Barricading it is not. If you barricade every door you come across, you are doing more harm than good. 

Also, for the love of god please please please do not lock the packanack or Higgins house doors. It takes Jason one swing if it's locked or unlocked. Locking it only leaves fellow councilors vulnerable. 

4 people like this

22 minutes ago, Ethan said:

This topic again.....

Closing the door is required. Barricading it is not. If you barricade every door you come across, you are doing more harm than good. 

Also, for the love of god please please please do not lock the packanack or Higgins house doors. It takes Jason one swing if it's locked or unlocked. Locking it only leaves fellow councilors vulnerable. 

It's not a copy topic it's my experience shared! ;)

Also if you don't lock it jason will just open the door 

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Ethan said:

If you barricade every door you come across, you are doing more harm than good.

How so exactly?

5 people like this

3 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

(Player) last night - "what are you doing noob I already looted all 5 of them cabins hahaha" 

(ME level 81) - "I know troll I'm just shutting and locking all the doors you left open ... oh look I found the boat propeller hahahaha oh and shut the fucking doors next time"

I make it a habit to go through every cabin and check it even when I know someone had just been in there.  I make sure to lock all the doors and check for any objective items and unopened drawers.  Just the other day I did that and found car keys and the phone fuse after a Vanessa had "looted" the cabin.:angry:

37 minutes ago, Ethan said:

If you barricade every door you come across, you are doing more harm than good. 

Bullshit!  I have died many times when fleeing from Jason and diving through a cabin window only to find the the door is unlocked and Jason walks right in and kills me before I can get up and lock it!  It's incredibly selfish to not provide a safe(albeit temporarily) zone for your fellow counselors.

5 people like this

1 minute ago, Truth said:

How so exactly?

1) if Jason is not chasing You, there is no reason. Doors are closed by default. A locked door indicates a councilors presence.

2) if some poor soul is running from Jason, the door lock icon isnt apparent until they get close to It and have to change dirrections. 

3) a locked door means you have to take a window. That window could be broken, forcing damage. 

4) if you go through window, there is an animation. I can hit you easily with a throwing knife.  If door was unlocked, you don't get hit doing the close animation.

5) after 10 mins Jason has rage and one buttons through those doors. All the time you wasted barricading every door, has now become a hindrance to the survivors. 

6) there are some cabins (very few) that can not be opened after you have barricaded them and then jumped out a window. People some time over look key items like battery and if you are running from jman. 

Closing doors stops him from shifting in. I'm a backer  and been 101 for a while.  Hundreds of hours logged. When I see people barricade doors when no Jason music is playing, I assume they are new.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I make it a habit to go through every cabin and check it even when I know someone had just been in there.  I make sure to lock all the doors and check for any objective items and unopened drawers.  Just the other day I did that and found car keys and the phone fuse after a Vanessa had "looted" the cabin.:angry:

Bullshit!  I have died many time when fleeing from Jason and diving through a cabin window only to find the the door is unlocked and Jason walking right in and kills me before I can get up and lock it!  It's incredibly selfish to not provide a safe(albeit temporarily) zone for your fellow counselors.

Other than Jason getting in, the other worst thing about unbarred doors is if someone put a trap behind it.  That's right up there with traps behind windows for pure douchebaggery.

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Exactly. I always unlock it.

2 minutes ago, Ethan said:

1) if Jason is not chasing You, there is no reason. Doors are closed by default. A locked door indicates a councilors presence.

2) if some poor soul is running from Jason, the door lock icon isnt apparent until they get close to It and have to change dirrections. 

3) a locked door means you have to take a window. That window could be broken, forcing damage. 

4) if you go through window, there is an animation. I can hit you easily with a throwing knife.  If door was unlocked, you don't get hit doing the close animation.

5) after 10 mins Jason has rage and one buttons through those doors. All the time you wasted barricading every door, has now become a hindrance to the survivors. 

6) there are some cabins (very few) that can not be opened after you have barricaded them and then jumped out a window. People some time over look key items like battery and if you are running from jman. 

Closing doors stops him from shifting in. I'm a backer  and been 101 for a while.  Hundreds of hours logged. When I see people barricade doors when no Jason music is playing, I assume they are new.

I level 101, so not new.

I think you should barricade all doors but never lock doors.

So, we have different playstyle.

1 minute ago, Ethan said:

1: but if he does come by, you have that much extra time to hide or run

2: maybe they should be going for a window then

3: not very much damage, and you're assuming Jason has broken the windows

4: no animation/knife possibility if you jump through it

5: not really a hindrance, you can easily stun him as he busts in then run

6: if threre's a window then you can obviously get back in... (I don't get this one)

I'm also 101 with plenty of time logged. Barricading doors is only going to HELP you. if not, then you're doing it wrong.

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

Exactly. I always unlock it.

Wrong always lock it so jason now has to smash it so a counselor upstairs can now hear him enter ;)

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

I level 101, so not new.

I think you should barricade all doors but never lock doors.

So, we have different playstyle.

Thank you for understanding people have different at styles. I won't ask you to play a certain way and don't expect anyone to ask me too.

1 person likes this

There are a lot of speed looters I am finding in game. I am not sure if it is due to pamela or Jarvis tapes or not but unlocked doors can get someone killed. I used to main Vanessa and when I did I would stay away from others since I make so much noise and I would drop parts and run pretty decent at repair so if I saw Jason was distracted I would repair instead of drop it. Also if I screwed up it sometimes gave another counselor am escape option as I can outrun Jason. I now main Mitch so I can work on the objective based achievements and what I see a lot of is open doors and and empty drawers with parts sitting in rooms. They are either clearing the rooms too fast or have no interest in helping a anyone. As Mitch I hate when a Vanessa or buggzy hangs around me because they bring Jason right to me and I need to hope I can trick Jason. Each counselor has a role to play not everyone plays those roles well. I am annoyed when I am dead out of stamina to jump through a window after barely making it to a cabin and seeing an unbarricaded door or a door wide open. It will ultimately get me killed. 

As Mitch I am considerate I have a great repair stat so most repairs I can do unnoticed. I like to play mind games with Jason so if I see a power box broken I'll intentionally mess up the repair to send Jason over to the cars and then I'll fix the power box and get out of there in case he returns. 

The Higgins doors I am 50 / 50 on those doors can get you killed but sometimes I lock them because even though one hit you will hear the door smash verses Jason walking in and by the time you hear footsteps it may be too late. 

Quick play I've been in great teams and I've been in horrible teams where everyone would hide as I am completing objectives only to be caught up by Jason and then they come out of the wood work while hoarding keys to escape with a fully repaired car. It happens in online games got to take the good with the bad.  

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

1: but if he does come by, you have that much extra time to hide or run

2: maybe they should be going for a window then

3: not very much damage, and you're assuming Jason has broken the windows

4: no animation/knife possibility if you jump through it

5: not really a hindrance, you can easily stun him as he busts in then run

6: if threre's a window then you can obviously get back in... (I don't get this one)

I'm also 101 with plenty of time logged. Barricading doors is only going to HELP you. if not, then you're doing it wrong.

Agree to disagree. I disagree with number 4. If you jump through, I can still aim my knife and wait for you to do stand animation. Always the same spot.

14 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Bullshit!  I have died many times when fleeing from Jason and diving through a cabin window only to find the the door is unlocked and Jason walks right in and kills me before I can get up and lock it!  It's incredibly selfish to not provide a safe(albeit temporarily) zone for your fellow counselors.

I agree with going back through cabins because people miss stuff.

I disagree with you death being someone else's fault. If you are being chased by Jason, you are more than likely already dead. The cabin you jumped into isn't guaranteed to be pre checked  and the door wouldn't be barricaded anyways. So if you died it's your own fault, not some random guy in a lobby. 

11 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I rarely ever run towards doors, and assume and hope they are already locked.

Its also a good habit to open as many windows as you can, so you don't have to crash through a window.

As Jason I've casually opened up a door while a Cousellor Jumped through a window  and grabbed the person while they where getting up. Now if they locked it, they may have survived?

As Jason I have the Sense ability, so I already know where people are. Keeping doors unlocked never tricks me into trying somewhere else. 

Open and unlocked doors gives me an advantage as Jason cause I can break the door down in only 2 hits as J4 or just open it in stalk mode, and get people by surprise.

Lock the doors, except for The main lodges and that one small cabin on packinak.

4 people like this

7 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I agree with going back through cabins because people miss stuff.

I disagree with you death being someone else's fault. If you are being chased by Jason, you are more than likely already dead. The cabin you jumped into isn't guaranteed to be pre checked  and the door wouldn't be barricaded anyways. So if you died it's your own fault, not some random guy in a lobby. 

It is their fault if they leave 5 cabin doors wide open!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Agree to disagree. I disagree with number 4. If you jump through, I can still aim my knife and wait for you to do stand animation. Always the same spot.

True, but Jason still has to bust through the door to really do anything else.

My point is windows are for counselors, doors for Jason. Open windows and barricade the doors and you will at least be able to juke him for a while. I'm always surprised when Jason just chases me around endlessly instead of taking a few extra seconds to bust the window and limit my options. With the right counselor and the right cabin, you can easily juke him long enough for other counselors to make repairs and hopefully escape. I'm not so concerned about surviving myself. I just want to know that I died for something. As long as one person escapes while Jason is on me, I'm satisfied with the match.

4 minutes ago, Ethan said:

So if you died it's your own fault, not some random guy in a lobby.

Unless that random guy is leaving the doors wide open. If it's just not barricaded you at least have a chance to take care of it.

4 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Locked doors provide an instant safe haven for counselors for when Jason IS chasing you. A locked door indicates presence only after Jason's initial morph from his shack.  Otherwise most locked doors only indicate that a counselor WAS there with sense confirming if they are still there.

Any seasoned player knows to primarily use windows

Broken window damage is tiny especially with thick skin and not even guaranteed. 

You can get slashed while doing the closed door animation.  That hurts far more than a single knife. Closing the door is also very slow giving jason time to shift in behind you.

Jason is going to rage through the door whether it's lock or not.  Most of the time counselors escape before Jason gets rage. So locking doors early gives you better protection. 

To my recollection, there's only the 2 small cabins on Packanack that that can occur on.  Those are the only ones I tend to not lock.

I'm level 101 and have played practically every day since June.  I'm no newbie!

2 people like this

Lock doors also allow you to hit Jason from behind the door with bat and axe while he is trying to destroy it. That's the most fun part and very useful if you are chased. 

People need to ask themselves this question.

As Jason what's easier for you? Every door left wide open, or every door barricaded and windows left open?

Remember cousellors have limited stamina, sometimes the only breathing room you get from a chase is waiting for Jason to hack down the door.

2 people like this

I barricade doors, but don't lock them.  If there is a cabin, I'll open all the windows before leaving it just in-case I or another counselor need to make an emergency dive.  Having to stop and open a window on the outside while Jason is in pursuit is a huge risk.  If he doesn't shift grab or snipe you with his weapon, he can hit you with a knife while you recover after entering through the window.

Another thing I do is empty drawers.  Even if its a duplicate item like a healing spray that I already have, I will dump my item at the front of the cabin or somewhere players can see it and take the one in the drawer.  I run Medic perk, so there is no reason for me to ever run around with three healing sprays when someone else could use it.

7 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

You can get slashed while doing the closed door animation.  That hurts far more than a single knife. Closing the door is also very slow giving jason time to shift in behind you.

Also a good point. I hit my buddy through a door the other day.

23 minutes ago, JPops said:

I like to play mind games with Jason so if I see a power box broken I'll intentionally mess up the repair to send Jason over to the cars and then I'll fix the power box and get out of there in case he returns. 

I love doing this! Works almost every time. Usually only doesn't work if it's a new Jason that doesn't really know the sounds yet. I'll also just spam randomly if someone is frantically running from Jason. Best case I make the repair, worst case he's on me now and the part is where it needs to be. At least the other player has a chance of reaping the rewards.

24 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Thank you for understanding people have different at styles. I won't ask you to play a certain way and don't expect anyone to ask me too.

I'm not saying you need to play the game like I do. I'm just saying that using windows and barricading doors has gotten me through a lot of chases and at least eaten up a lot of Jason's time. Like I said before, I'm not so concerned with my own survival. I just want my time in the game to benefit SOMEONE.