Sign in to follow this  
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

My Roy Burns Costume

My Roy Burns Costume is finally complete.

8fd3eWN.jpg

ZqFjD0h.jpg

VRi5In1.jpg

I ordered the coveralls from Amazon, spruce green Red Kap brand. I've seen other people use navy blue for Roy, but when I looked at the film it looked like it had a green hue to it, so I chose spruce green.

The latex hood comes from Dark Side Studios, a Part 4 hood specifically ordered to have no blood on it and no cut in the back. It is a real pain to get my head through the neck hole but it's gotta be realistic!

The mask is a cheap-o chinese brand from ebay that I painted myself. I got the chevrons from JDF studios.

The garden shears are a last-minute creation of my own. I bought two plastic machetes and a set of plastic nunchucks from a local Halloween shop. I cut the machetes to shape and used a red-hot bobby pin to melt a hole through both of them so I could put a rivet through them. Then I spray painted them silver.

Then on the nunchucks I cut the plastic loops that hold the rope between them and painted them brown. I used two packs of Loctite 2 part epoxy(one for each blade and handle, yes the WHOLE thing, to ensure it stays put) to glue the blades to the handles. I added some red paint mixed with "Chocolate Bar" brown(lol) to get a blood-like color and painted it on the blades. Then I touched up the areas where the blades meet the handles and put clear coat over the whole thing. After it dried I attached the rivet and it's done.

Feel free to throw me any more questions.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Using a Part 4 hood? lol

I didn't replied to this earlier because it's very well done. But I have my complaints.

The garden shears look fake and the eyes of the mask should not be visible.

Well, it is a good costume overall.

2 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Using a Part 4 hood? lol

I didn't replied to this earlier because it's very well done. But I have my complaints.

The garden shears look fake and the eyes of the mask should not be visible.

Show us your costume sometime. :wacko:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Show us your costume sometime. :wacko:

I don't have one. I'm just saying my opinion about his costume. Sorry :unsure:

On 11/3/2017 at 11:25 AM, NoOneK9503 said:

Using a Part 4 hood? lol

Yes. Roy's "hood" was made to resemble part 4 Jason. It had the wrinkles on the left cheek and the axe wound. Haven't yet found somone that makes "part 5" hood.

The garden shears look fake

The garden shears ARE fake of course. I didn't want to walk around with something that looked so real that the cops would come after me

and the eyes of the mask should not be visible.

Not true. In the scene where Roy raises his machete to slash Tommy, you can see his eyes.

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Not true. In the scene where Roy raises his machete to slash Tommy, you can see his eyes.

Maybe it was just the light. This applies to both your costume and the actual Roy Burns appearance.

37 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Those spruce green coveralls are really interesting. I've had the same mental debate over which to get. In your photos they look blue. They're really deceptive colour-wise. Perfect for Roy or Michael Myers. :)

In real life they look really green, but on camera they have a bluish hue. It's the color used in the part 5 movie.

yo man. im doing a roy costume myself. so i entered darkside studios and found several part 4 hoods. can you tell me the name of your exact hood, or link it to me? thanks

21 hours ago, THE_JOKER-973 said:

yo man. im doing a roy costume myself. so i entered darkside studios and found several part 4 hoods. can you tell me the name of your exact hood, or link it to me? thanks

Standard part 4 hood. Might want to spend the extra for the Deluxe 2018 hood, it's all-around better.

10 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow , how much did it actually cost? Also , nice work!

Coveralls were maybe $40-50, mask was about $80, and the materials to make the shears were maybe $40.

The mask I made myself but from all the money I sunk into it you might be better off buying a hockey mask from fiberglassmasks. You could save about $70 if you buy the cheap chinese mask but I regret not buying a quality mask.

Boots will vary. I have gigantic feet but I got lucky and bought combat boots for $26 years ago for Michael Myers and re-use them for Jason.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Coveralls were maybe $40-50, mask was about $80, and the materials to make the shears were maybe $40.

The mask I made myself but from all the money I sunk into it you might be better off buying a hockey mask from fiberglassmasks. You could save about $70 if you buy the cheap chinese mask but I regret not buying a quality mask.

Boots will vary. I have gigantic feet but I got lucky and bought combat boots for $26 years ago for Michael Myers and re-use them for Jason.

thanks for telling us about fiberglasshockeymasks! i visited them and decided to order 4 masks from them. part 3-5-6-9. though i'll order 1 mask first to see the quality, then maybe i'll get the rest. legend bro as always. big thanks!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, THE_JOKER-973 said:

thanks for telling us about fiberglasshockeymasks! i visited them and decided to order 4 masks from them. part 3-5-6-9. though i'll order 1 mask first to see the quality, then maybe i'll get the rest. legend bro as always. big thanks!

I've been wanting to get the "killer X" mask that looks like Jason X combined with the remake. I like the flat nose. I'll be getting a blank one and doing my own paint job. I think I'll also get a Roy and part 4 mask.