Sign in to follow this  
Skeletoast

Best Options to Record Content on Xbox One

Hello,

So I'm new to recording content and this is one game I would love to record/stream.  I have messed around a bit and after recording a bit, I've noticed that my recordings don't have the voice chat audible.  Does anyone know how to fix this or have any suggestions for what to do?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Skeletoast said:

Hello,

So I'm new to recording content and this is one game I would love to record/stream.  I have messed around a bit and after recording a bit, I've noticed that my recordings don't have the voice chat audible.  Does anyone know how to fix this or have any suggestions for what to do?

Thanks!

Charmin told me you basically can't do it unless you're using the Kinect mic. Apparently as soon as you plug a headset into your controller, the chat ONLY comes through on said headset, regardless of chat mix settings (speakers, headset, or both)...So you need some form of external mic. Which I think Kinect is the only option on Xbox for external mics.

I've been meaning to do more testing on this myself. I'll likely do that today...I'll let you know if I find anything that works. 

35 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Charmin told me you basically can't do it unless you're using the Kinect mic. Apparently as soon as you plug a headset into your controller, the chat ONLY comes through on said headset, regardless of chat mix settings (speakers, headset, or both)...So you need some form of external mic. Which I think Kinect is the only option on Xbox for external mics.

I've been meaning to do more testing on this myself. I'll likely do that today...I'll let you know if I find anything that works. 

That will be very disappointing if that's the case.  I do use turtle beaches so that definitely could be the cause of the error. I would really like to avoid using the the Kinect at all costs lol. But yeah just let me know what you find out when you do some further testing! Thanks!! :)