Sign in to follow this  
Theiceman105

How to fix Counselor and Jason weapon issues?

So, you're going to hit Jason. Your swing is perfect,  you swing you hit... something. The bat connected with Jason, but made the sound of a wall.

Before you can even comprehend what happened, you're dead or left the game before he could grab you.

If the weapon system was like the grab system(Which is AOE), this wouldn't happen. Please consider this!

I don't think it's lag doing this, but the collision system, and weapon hit boxes are absolutely garbage. This will make the hit detection much cleaner to the point a bad ping host could work.

If we just make it the range and cone way the grab was, this would fix all of the problems.

• Like 3

This is probably a part of the reason why the hit detection is bad. Once the weapon hits something, all damage stops there, even if a player model is in the path of the swing. Try to hit a counselor or Jason right next to a door frame and the damage will stop when the weapon hits the frame. It needs to follow the entire path of the swing.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

This is probably a part of the reason why the hit detection is bad. Once the weapon hits something, all damage stops there, even if a player model is in the path of the swing. Try to hit a counselor or Jason right next to a door frame and the damage will stop when the weapon hits the frame. It needs to follow the entire path of the swing.

Notice how the grab never failed either?

I used to be able to stun Jason with a baseball bat everytime he destroyed a door, 100% of the time. I'm not sure exactly when it was that it changed, but it's been a long while. Now most of the times the door frame blocks the strike and I'm rekt by his grab, I don't even try it anymore, not worth taking the risk. 

20 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

I used to be able to stun Jason with a baseball bat everytime he destroyed a door, 100% of the time. I'm not sure exactly when it was that it changed, but it's been a long while. Now most of the times the door frame blocks the strike and I'm rekt by his grab, I don't even try it anymore, not worth taking the risk. 

Quick attack with swift attacker works wonders. Stand on the left side of the door frame so your bat will be in the open space when he comes through.

31 minutes ago, Theiceman105 said:

Notice how the grab never failed either?

Yeah because the grab is AOE. I guess melee is, I guess I'd call it "hitbox-contact."

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Quick attack with swift attacker works wonders. Stand on the left side of the door frame so your bat will be in the open space when he comes through.

Yeah because the grab is AOE. I guess melee is, I guess I'd call it "hitbox-contact."

Voorhees, do you think this would be a better buff for both counselor and Jason?

1 hour ago, Theiceman105 said:

Voorhees, do you think this would be a better buff for both counselor and Jason?

Absolutely, if both sides hit what they were actually aiming at every time imagine the gameplay. It would be fun and thrilling. Can’t tell you how many times I’m near a counselor and my weapon strikes the wall or a door jamb instead of the counselor right in front of me. Have it on video in another thread. 

7 hours ago, Theiceman105 said:

Whatever the devs do, they need to make sure damage is inflicted even if it hits other objects, as long as the player model is within the range of swing. Maybe they did this to prevent Jason from attacking players by clipping through walls?

52 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Whatever the devs do, they need to make sure damage is inflicted even if it hits other objects, as long as the player model is within the range of swing. Maybe they did this to prevent Jason from attacking players by clipping through walls?

You still can clip through some walls, Even if you're a counselor

7 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I mean to stop damage from occurring when clipping.

Ah, that can be fixed easily just give the AOE itself collision