Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pApA^LeGBa

Custom Keys

Recommended Posts

When? it´s a joke.

 

Even thinking about releasing without is a joke. doing it an even bigger. and i have no words that don´t get me banned for still not adding them until now.

This and hardware optimization are beta issues. if you don´t have those, you should not release.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Acutally for this crap they should be forced to do the walk of shame. seriously.

someone from the team?

this is a standard in pc gaming. come on gun. it is not hard. even the worst games in history got that right.

 

Hello Gun? Ashamed to even answer that? An issue that should have been solved during Alpha. i am not stoping. If i don´t get answers, i will start using bug reports. this is a freaking joke. charging 40$ and not even meeting standards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@pApA^LeGBa

Two things.

  1. Gun aren't obliged to answer anyone's questions, and calling them out with 'take the walk of shame', 'afraid to answer?', 'this is a joke' is less likely to inspire a response. Not saying you won't get one, but try and understand the sheer volume of messages they get. Even as just a mod, I get dozens of PM's and reports every day and that's just forum activity. Think about how many hundreds of threads there are on here already with similar suggestions, and then consider Reddit, Twitter, Discord, e-mails and bug reports and consider how many staff Gun/IllFonic have. They seriously cannot answer every single question they get, and I do genuinely believe they want to. Resources are finite though and they can only do so much.
  2. Don't double post please; I've merged your posts into one.

Custom keys may be done at some point in the future, but the fact is that nobody currently knows. Could always consider buying an Xbox controller to use with the game, even if it's just a 360 controller for cheap and not an XB1 controller. I only ever play with my controller :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2017 at 2:32 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Acutally for this crap they should be forced to do the walk of shame. seriously.

someone from the team?

this is a standard in pc gaming. come on gun. it is not hard. even the worst games in history got that right.

 

Hello Gun? Ashamed to even answer that? An issue that should have been solved during Alpha. i am not stoping. If i don´t get answers, i will start using bug reports. this is a freaking joke. charging 40$ and not even meeting standards.

here's a brilliant idea, hate on them and the game that much....Don't play...Go away....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

@pApA^LeGBa

Two things.

  1. Gun aren't obliged to answer anyone's questions, and calling them out with 'take the walk of shame', 'afraid to answer?', 'this is a joke' is less likely to inspire a response. Not saying you won't get one, but try and understand the sheer volume of messages they get. Even as just a mod, I get dozens of PM's and reports every day and that's just forum activity. Think about how many hundreds of threads there are on here already with similar suggestions, and then consider Reddit, Twitter, Discord, e-mails and bug reports and consider how many staff Gun/IllFonic have. They seriously cannot answer every single question they get, and I do genuinely believe they want to. Resources are finite though and they can only do so much.
  2. Don't double post please; I've merged your posts into one.

Custom keys may be done at some point in the future, but the fact is that nobody currently knows. Could always consider buying an Xbox controller to use with the game, even if it's just a 360 controller for cheap and not an XB1 controller. I only ever play with my controller :)

It is 2017. This is a standard since the 90´s. Even thinking to release without is a joke. Let alone actually doing it and not fixing it for months. This is a Alpha Issue. Especially if you charge 40$. I never used controllers trough my gaming career and a game that fails to do standards will not make me start.

also may be done? seriously? why even bother with pc if you just abandon the platform. No Custom keys. No monitoring in game wich is fine if reports about cheaters would actually do anything, but they don´t. Leavers can do what they want on PC without having to fear any consequences, and yet we don´t have a good system for private matches like consoles have.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's not been implemented yet, then it's either being worked on or is currently not a feature they have the resources for. I'm not a game programmer but it may not be as easy as you claim it is.

If you don't like the game the way it is, then take a break or stop playing. There are a lot of great things coming to the game, and a silly little thing like not being able to change a few keys around shouldn't spoil your entire game experience. Creating a topic like this is not going to help you at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That´s the point. It is not a silly little thing. It´s a standard. Something you should NEVER release without. This is a typical newbie mistake if you ask me. But whatever. The paid dlc´s are running before the game is even fully ready. They are able to get that running. i don´t care how hard it is. It is a impertinence that this is not  a priority.

Like said, early acess titles in alpha with relasedates of propably 2019 already have custom keybinding. as a standard since alpha version 1.

it´s pathetic.

And i guess it´s the fault of  the lefthanders that they are lefthanders and have to adapt because the devs aren´t able to meet standards, right?

It wouldn´t matter that much if the whole game wouldn´t have be released way too early and this would be the only issue. But that´s not the case. Cheaters have a good time. Leavers also aren´t punished. Every Patch brings new propblems. Starting a game without any monitoring but having friedly fire aka teamkilling and not seeing this can only end up in a mess. Still perks not working proper.

They should have released today mabye. Or even this christmas.

i still would need it badly, even if it was the only issue, this will always be a gamebreaker for me.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said, it's something that's being worked on and likely wasn't included due to time constraints. There's a post from Ben on the Steam forums where he states they're currently working on it, so just be patient and wait, or buy an Xbox/PS4 controller and connect it via USB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

Like I said, it's something that's being worked on and likely wasn't included due to time constraints. There's a post from Ben on the Steam forums where he states they're currently working on it, so just be patient and wait, or buy an Xbox/PS4 controller and connect it via USB.

Don't try to use "have patience" with people, we are in an age where everyone wants things "right now". This game is perfect proof of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

Don't try to use "have patience" with people, we are in an age where everyone wants things "right now". This game is perfect proof of it.

i would generally agreee with you here. some things just need patience. but we aren´t talking new jasons, maps or even only bugfixes. we are talking about a basic thing here.

lefthanded driving for righthanders is retarded for example, same goes vice versa for other things when lefthanded. the x for jog is just so bad to reach and there would be the V or Q for that. or spacebar. (emotes aren´t as importnant as jogging, and keys can have double functions afaik)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome to being a lefty. this is a right-handed world so it's our job to adapt.

I'm not a pc player so i don't really have anything to contribute as far as that goes, but most people probably don't realize controllers are laid out for righties too. 

if this ruins gameplay for you, maybe take a break until it's corrected or learn to live with the way things are now. but as @Kodiakmentioned, coming to the forums and dropping insults at the devs and their game isn't likely to get you a response. if anything, you're just increasing the odds you'll be blown off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lazerus_86 said:

Don't try to use "have patience" with people, we are in an age where everyone wants things "right now". This game is perfect proof of it.

Doesn't really matter if they want it right now, they won't get it right now. It's either show some patience or sit there making yourself angry, lol.

Here's Ben's response on the Steam thread I was referring to:

"It's on the plate and it's taking longer than it should have, but other priorities became more urgent with game breaking issues, match making issues and of course performance issues that we wanted to alleviate. We have someone specifically tasked with key-binding and hope to get it out in an update sooner, rather than later...though I fully understand and am with you that this took far too long. Looking to get it in there for everyone."

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/1496741765127930484/?ctp=3#c1484358860941781238

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the released too early. simply as that. and now the players have to wait. nice. if i wait until this is fixed the game is already dead again. the player peak from the sales is going down again slowly. but who cares, sold is sold, right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

i would generally agreee with you here. some things just need patience. but we aren´t talking new jasons, maps or even only bugfixes. we are talking about a basic thing here.

lefthanded driving for righthanders is retarded for example, same goes vice versa for other things when lefthanded. the x for jog is just so bad to reach and there would be the V or Q for that. or spacebar. (emotes aren´t as importnant as jogging, and keys can have double functions afaik)

I don’t how you can say that it’s problems for lefties. I’m left handed and the key bindings aren’t causing me a nightmarish unwillable play experience. 

The only think I would fix at this point would be to rebind the knife throw from the middle mouse button to either the E or Q key. Right now it’s nearly impossible me to aim with knives so I just learned to play without them.  I’m still able to average 7/8 or 8/8 kills post patch, that that includes using P7.

The car can be a challenge but if you tap the keys and not smash them down it’s easier to steer and you tend not to over compensate and crash.  You might want to consider using an Xbox or PS4 controller when you need to drive.

For games that require aiming its always mouse and keyboard, for games that need me to steer something I use the Xbox controller and switch back and forth between them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play with an Xbox 360 controller and if they ever added controller mapping I'd probably end up keeping all the default settings. I think they're laid out well, overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not nightmarish. annoying. every single game when i use jog. or drive. i drive regulary for more than 10years. right handed with arrows and break on left hand. 1,2,3,4 need to be the side mouse buttons. and yes the knive. needs also a rebind. (maybe i am able to aim and put the knive back then without throwing it finally)

this annoys me every match i play. This and the no softban for leaver policy disgust me so much that i stop playing after 2 games each time. there is a lot of other things, like bugs, dlc strat, but these  two are the main reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...