ZooMalfunction

The stigma of being killed as Jason

If you’re hiding as Jason that’s worse than being killed, and not worth bragging about. I’d rather be killed than spend the rest of the match hiding in the water.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

What outcome is more desirable to you between the 2, can I ask?

1.  Going 6/8 but dying to Tommy and Sweater Girl.

2. Going 0/8 but avoid dying by becoming a fish once counselors got the upperhand?

None really..  You should add a more middle ground answer.

3.  Going 6/8 and avoid dying.

^ This would be more of my landing strip.   

I never shame a Jason who gets killed and I never feel bad if I get killed if I'm Jason, which only happened legitimately twice.

One was pretty close, I was stalking to get at someone when I heard someone get into my shack, so I morphed over there and forgot I still had stalk running ,so they never got the screen flip and were playing with the weapons after they got the sweater. I managed to grab her and smash her into one of the shack walls and totally scared the player, which was pretty fun as the rest of the match was Piniata Jason and I would have been quite done with how well the counselors were working together.

The times I was killed, the first was as Part 6 and fairly early in the game cycle. I killed one or two players and got my masked knocked off, so I never got a message when someone went into my shack. I chased one counselor over to a group of other counselors and figured it'd be easy pickings, when someone with the sweater suddenly stunned me followed by a well timed bat and a machete to the face. I was impressed and commended the lobby.

A more recent one was as I was Part 9. I was playing pretty firmly and getting a few good kills, though I got my mask knocked off. I couldn't find the sweater wearing person but I found Tommy, so I tried to off him before he got with the sweater person, only for the sweater person to stun me from behind allowing Tommy to finish me. (then someone in a car backed over Tommy during the victory animation).

• Like 2

Just now, HuDawg said:

OMG, I said between the two!!!  You are running away from my question just like you run away with Jason.  Dude, even in the movies Jason eventually gets stopped.  Be a Man, be Jason Fuck'n Voorhees, not a weak coward.

I haven't been killed, but its clear the narrative in quick play swung from trying to escape to trying for the kill or running out the timer if you can't kill him.

The easiest way they could've (I say could've because I doubt its ever going to change) is making Male Counselors a 50 percent chance of killing Jason with a female hero character.

That way lobbies couldn't be dominantly one gender or the other, since the hero would be either or, despite allowing players the ability to pick the hero and their preference not to pick one, but chosen randomly otherwise.

Say if it were Tina, Trish, Ginny, etc. The male would shave their head with the necessary tools hidden in ONLY one bathroom on the map and if you missed the kill, Jason would know its an illusion like the sweater. If the female hero dies, same deal, no more kill.

Course that still might be too easy. Other ideas could be implemented, but its dead air at this point.

17 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

OMG, I said between the two!!!  You are running away from my question just like you run away with Jason.  Dude, even in the movies Jason eventually gets stopped.  Be a Man, be Jason Fuck'n Voorhees, not a weak coward.

Why would i chose between TWO answers that i don't agree with?  I chose none then.

Be a MAN?.  ... Not a weak coward?.

Im not running from the counselors.. Im avoiding the sweater.. 

You sound like some of players in my L4D day that would complain when a defensive tank wears everyone down and wipes them.   STOP staying ALIVE and DIE!!  :D

16 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

You sound like some of the whiners in my L4D day that would complain when a defensive tank wears everyone down and wipes them.   STOP staying ALIVE and DIE!!  :D

I would never whine about any tactic that actually involves playing the game.  I don't care if a Jason becomes a fish, in fact its a bigger win as a counselor to be able to regress a player to such a state >:D.  I'm actually more astonish by your display of arrogance and how you PROUDLY claim you've never been J-killed while admitting that you've (or will) run to the waters. A tactically retreat is fine, so is gathering knives or devising a plan to trick them into wasting the sweater.  Your mindset is very selfish and self-serving, you'd rather protect your own ego rather than putting on a show for everyones enjoyment, attempt to fulfill Jason's objective (kill counselors) and giving them a opportunity to Earn that kill once they've got the upperhand (mask off and sweater fetched). 

I hope for you that one day, in a random QP game, you unknowingly matched with a group of Jason Hunter that catch you completely off guard.  I hope someone humbles you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I'm actually more astonish by your display of arrogance and how you PROUDLY claim you've never been J-killed while admitting that you've (or will) run to the waters.

I said il use the water if things get too heated.    I never said i stay there all match..  I don't need too. 

Jason is faster at map control and stealthier then the counselors.  I don't need the water to avoid being killed.  I need distance.   Again, i go L4D tank mode.   Water is just a bonus to cool down it.

5 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I hope for you that one day, in a random QP game, you unknowingly matched with a group of Jason Hunter that catch you completely off guard.  I hope someone humbles you

Ain't gonna happen.  MuahHAhahaahHAA.  MUAAAAAhahAHAAA..

:D

It's a video game. If you die as Jason, who cares? Just move on. The people I encounter that are uptight or scared dying as Jason makes me think they need to get their priorities straight. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

^Pride comes before a fall.

I thought it was summer...

17 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

It's a video game. If you die as Jason, who cares? Just move on. The people I encounter that are uptight or scared dying as Jason makes me think they need to get their priorities straight. 

i agree^ .  I say that every time a Counselor runs from me when im Jason..   Never seems to work tho :(

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Yes exactly. Mine too. It is the usual result when a decent group of hunters go after me. I have never been killed either.

That said, @GeneiJin, I would never hide in the water, not even for a moment. It is downright ridiculous, essentially the equivalant of glitch-spotting as a counsellor. A cop out. Even to recharge abilities. Morph away to recharge them until rage is activated. The water is just kinda pathetic.

I also know that unless @HuDawg quits playing, one day he will be killed. So will I, especially as I am playing a bit less and my skills aren't as sharp. There is no point claiming bravado that we will never die. Unless they change how to kill Jason or we stop playing in a few months. If it stays as it is now, one day we're both going to die. We can either handle it with good gamesmanship or be jerks about it. That said, I'm going to avoid it as long as I can and I'm sure @HuDawg will too. Best of luck.

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I know all the tricks to kill Jason.. This is why know how to avoid getting killed.  I've been playing this game now for almost year.  I've been around the block a few times now. 

Besides  I can't accept your challenge because i don't play on PC. But even if i did.  Id bet you thousand dollar you can't kill me.. And then id jump in the lake for 20 mins, with my mask STILL ON and tell you pay me..

I don't want to take anything away from you.   But im not shit at this game. :o

Can't kill Jason if he's already got terminal vaginitis.

Also, in the "I've never been killed" crowd, I've noticed an healthy increase in the past month of Jason's who hear the sweater retrieved, miss their shack morph... and quit immediately. Bet they've taken zero kills, too.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Yes exactly. Mine too. It is the usual result when a decent group of hunters go after me. I have never been killed either

That said, I would never hide in the water, not even for a moment. It is downright ridiculous, essentially the equivalant of glitch spotting as a counsellor. A cop out. Even to recharge abilities. Morph away to recharge them until rage is activated. The water is just kinda pathetic.

Well i do kind of agree that hiding in the water is kind of pathetic if thats your only plan.

But the water does server a purpose when its used correctly.  If counselors are being too aggressive and im close to the water and  my stalk and shift are on cool down... A quick dip will give me some breathing room without having to move that far.

Really don't need to the water to avoid counselors.  But i will use the water if its close by and useful.  

And if the counselors end up near a waters end.  It makes it easier to knife throw at the sweater girl or tommy while i play peek a boo in the water.

Also you're probably right about me dying one day.  And if it happens id tell the people who pulled if off good job.    But until that happens..  il still have the same attitude of "Im not gonna be killed"

And if it happens.. "Il say il never EVER die again".  :D

• Like 1

This game strikes a nerve with players who had a long 4 years of high school.

You see the threads about the Salt Mines and emotes? Many players feel that, if they’re Jason, you shouldn’t be able to taunt; you should have to run from them in fear. Obviously, the game is horror THEMED, but I stand by my opinion that F13 is not a pure horror game. But I digress.

My point is, if they don’t want you to use an emote, they sure as hell don’t want you to kill them. These players think this shit is real; like they’re playing out a F13 movie in their head where they get to be the monster (like I said, bad high school memories), and take out their revenge against all these stereotypes that make/made their lives hell. So if you kill the one moment where they thought they were unstoppable, their illusion is destroyed, and the high school bullies get the last laugh... again.

Not a theory. It’s an exact fucking science. As consistent as gravity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I thought it was summer...

i agree^ .  I say that every time a Counselor runs from me when im Jason..   Never seems to work tho :(

Is that sarcasm? I never whine or complain as a counselor when I die. Sure I seen people upset when Jason kills them and I do tell them it's just a game, but it's 10x worse when Jason dies. Both counselors and Jason are able to die in the game and are supposed to, so I don't get why it's such a big deal. It's like you know what to expect or what can happen. 

I’ve been killed as Jason.  I’ll be honest, I felt defeated.  The only thing more defeating would have been if they would have re-enacted Roy’s death in part 5 by killing me outside the barn.   Kudos to the duo that pulled it, and I can at least say I didn’t become Micheal Phelps Jason and morph to the water.

14 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

Is that sarcasm? I never whine or complain as a counselor when I die. Sure I seen people upset when Jason kills them and I do tell them it's just a game, but it's 10x worse when Jason dies. Both counselors and Jason are able to die in the game and are supposed to, so I don't get why it's such a big deal. It's like you know what to expect or what can happen. 

Im 100% sarcastic even when im serious.    Just a heads up there..  :D

But seriously, I don't expect counselors to lay down and die easily..  Shoes on the foot when they hunt Jason.  So, i just expect the same when it comes to Jason.

47 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Im 100% sarcastic even when im serious.    Just a heads up there..  :D

But seriously, I don't expect counselors to lay down and die easily..  Shoes on the foot when they hunt Jason.  So, i just expect the same when it comes to Jason.

I'm not talking about running away as Jason or counselors, my whole post was about how mad or upset they get for dying.. 

I've been killed a couple times as Jason some good battles. It's not a big deal shit happens.

On 10/28/2017 at 4:51 PM, ZooMalfunction said:

What's everyone's opinions on this? Especially those who've died as Jason?

I just killed a Jason today and he was so angry and raging in the lobby, he sounded like he was going to cry. I've killed dozens of Jasons, and a reaction like this isn't that uncommon.

It just seems that unlike failure conditions in other games, dying as Jason seems to really wound some people. Like they feel there's an element of shame. Almost nobody takes it well, and plenty have just run away and hidden in the water when in danger of it.

I've been playing since day 1, so am fortunate enough to have been on the same learning/ability curve or ahead of other players, and have never been close to being killed, unlike newbies getting ganked by 101s these days.

I think I'd be embarassed to die, and weirdly see it as some kind of permanent blemish on my record, but I'd take it in good humour, and still try to kill everyone even when at risk of death (just going about it more cautiously).

Well, I haven’t been killed as Jason, since release week, when I was still leaning how to play. Ever since I fully learned how to play as Jason. People just got close, the farthest a group got was Demask, Tommy and sweater, then I made them use up their knifes and there went the kill. Honestly, if they killed me legitimately, no exploits or anything then yeah, props to them they deserved it. 

• Like 1

I was killed legitimately for the first time today in a public lobby and let me start by saying props to them. After playing this game for almost a year and it never happening I have to admit I was a kinda salty but it happens...learn from it and move on to the next match.

Before anyone asks when I say 'killed legitimately' I mean I have allowed myself to be killed to help with people with the trophy or ran matches to teach newer players how to do it. This was the first time a group has actually tried to and succeeded at killing me.

I have only been killed twice, RIP Savini Jason, and both times they earned it because I got careless and cocky so props to them. To be fair, with none of the cars fixed, or the police called in, and 5/8 dead already they only had one option left. No shame, it's just a game. I won't lie though, I was just ever so slightly bitter both those times but that's just because I can get a little competitive. You win, you lose, that's generally how games tend to go in general not just this game.