ZooMalfunction

The stigma of being killed as Jason

I've never been killed 'legitimately' - meaning I've helped people get the Roll Credits achievement as well as ran tutorial matches here and there for new players. I have come very close on a couple of occasions...a couple of friends said they needed me to be Jason so they could kill me and I was Jason in the next match, challenge accepted. They got my mask off, the sweater, and one of the friends that said they were going to kill me came back as Tommy. I managed to morph right as the sweater was activated so it didn't happen. If they had managed to kill me I feel like I never would have heard the end of it.

The only other time anyone came close oddly enough was in a public match. This was in between the 12-18 and 1-30 patch when people would get Jason hunting quads together, mask was off, they had the sweater, Tommy, and the necessary weapons. Unfortunately for me I got interaction locked soon after my mask was off so essentially I had no chance to defend myself against the kill attempt. I morphed close enough to tell them I was glitched and could not do anything to fight back and let them know they will not be killing me due to that. So say what you want but after I let them know what's up I went into the lake and let them be. Good job on them for getting everything set up to that point but under normal circumstances Jason still has a fighting chance up until the cutscene and in this situation I did not so I was not about to let them have it.

If and when the day comes I'm killed as Jason they'll earn it all the way but I refuse to be killed due to a glitch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

The only other time anyone came close oddly enough was in a public match. This was in between the 12-18 and 1-30 patch when people would get Jason hunting quads together, mask was off, they had the sweater, Tommy, and the necessary weapons. Unfortunately for me I got interaction locked soon after my mask was off so essentially I had no chance to defend myself against the kill attempt. I morphed close enough to tell them I was glitched and could not do anything to fight back and let them know they will not be killing me due to that. So say what you want but after I let them know what's up I went into the lake and let them be. Good job on them for getting everything set up to that point but under normal circumstances Jason still has a fighting chance up until the cutscene and in this situation I did not so I was not about to let them have it.

Yea, that sucks.  Bugs ruin many potentially great games  :(

I have yet to be killed as Jason, but I have come close. I have been de-masked a few times, and one time it actually should have happened, but the Tommy player dropped the ball. I was stunned by the sweater and Tommy was cocked and ready with that machete. (Hey, that rhymed! :)) but he missed his chance to deal the killing blow. That was with my normal group, and I couldn't believe he missed the mark.  

I don't think I would be too salty about it if it happened, even if it was a QP match with well organized counselors. None of us are invincible. I think I would really just congratulate the team for playing a hell of a game, and join in the next match with them. Of course, if I hear a bunch of abuse and stupid remarks about how I suck as Jason and I should just kill myself, I would say "Good Job" and just leave the lobby. I don't have time for that kind of nonsense.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I might take you up on that offer. I haven't been killed yet. Not legit at least, only to show friends what it looks like.

Whittle down the other counselors until there's just tommy and sweater girl. If you find yourself in a dangerous spot, put your face into a wall so they can't kill you. If you successfully grab tommy or sweater girl, use them as a shield against any would-be attackers. Collect knives, and be stingy with them. Only use them on guaranteed hits.

Facing the wall is a great idea. Only had tommy and sweater but they were high level too and out for me

I almost be killed as Jason, while he was nerf but that's me who played really bad actually, on this game.

When I was unmasked and saw Vanessa with Pamela's sweater and Jarvis come to me, first I morph really far away :D

Then I said to myself that they deserve to kill me, so I return to them and try to kill them. Vanessa stun me with the sweater, she hits me but nothing happened, and I managed to resist really faster with Jason Part 6 by spamming X button.

Outside of letting people do it early on to see it from Jason's perspective, it's only been done once to me and was totally my fault. Got online with friends ... A team i know is coordinated and I was shitfaced. Walked into a few walls as Jason, set traps horribly and idk why I thought it was a good idea to play. I accomplished almost nothing because of how drunk I was.

But as I stated, this was a legit kill as I wasn't trying to allow it ... Just too fucked up to stop it and that's on me. Shouldn't have been playing lol. As far as sober ... Hasn't even been close to happening. But wouldn't be angry if it ever does. It's a game, sometimes you lose.

Haven't been killed yet, though I fear if the guys I played with were so inclined they could do it. They are very well organized and if they shifted that focus onto bringing me down I have little faith in my ability to stop them, normally I don't rush to the shack when I hear Pam's warning. If anything I'll stalk/morph a bit away to survey the scene. If I see Tommy and a sweater girl and my mask is off I'll take the situation in and go from there. How many others are left? Who's playing still? What are my options? It depends, mostly I'll go for them if they are alone at the shack. Or, if it's just a sweater girl. I doubt I would be pissed if anyone from our group killed me, they are all pretty good.

I've played since launch and never been killed as Jason, though I think that some of that may be down to luck rather than judgement since I always play the same way, even when they have the sweater and my mask off.  It's surprising that nobody did it when counselors were super buffed.  

I killed him a few times but gave up on trying to kill Jason as most of the time some idiot messes it up or it glitches, eg sweater won't work or Tommy can't perform the kill.

Still not been killed as Jason yet. Killed Jason 7 times so far, 4 of them as Tommy getting the final blow.

I know it'll happen at some point, still not bothered when it does. Gotta figure the odds will eventually get me.

I’ve yet to as well. I’ve never killed Jason either. Usually just escape on my mind.

Haven't been killed yet, demasked maybe 4 or 5 times. That being said I only play quick match so it doesn't mean much. 

I haven't died as Jason but if I did I'd say GG, the same as I did killing a Jason, and play again. 

It can be that Jason has nothing to say about being killed.

The night I killed Jason, I was Tommy, a Vanessa had the sweater and Buggzy stunned him with a bat.

We didn't directly attempt it either we were going to the exit.

The Jason made a mistake near the end and everything went down really fast.

I don't think the Jason was bad because he was supposed to try and stop us from escaping.

His other option was to do nothing.

Yesterday, it finally happened (after 6 weeks playing, level 40, QP, PS4) 

After trapping the phone and cars and an early kill (which seemed afterwards quite intentionally agreed by Mitch) and 2 minutes into the game a group of Brendon’s, Chads  were directly on me with bats (5:1 Situation). As they well coordinated came from all sides and did everything, but go for objectives, grabbing was difficult without getting hit in the back. I was able to slash a little bit, throw 2 knives and hit them, but then the bug/glitch occurred: no more shift/morph/sense functions or control „x“ were available. ?I

It was a strange and somehow terrible feeling, especially, as Pam indicated visitors in the cabin („they are here....“), but I wasn‘t even able to morph away...

It happened as you might guess: Tommy (formerly known as happy dying Mitch) and sweater girl joined the mob and I... let them finish.

When the bug occurref, I thought for a second to quit, but then, hey, it‘s a game - let them all have fun and me the first time experience.

1 hour ago, Wolledc said:

When the bug occurref, I thought for a second to quit, but then, hey, it‘s a game - let them all have fun and me the first time experience.

That's mighty big of you :D

It's not like this game keeps track of how many times you die as Jason and makes it public.  I wouldn't consider that a legitimate kill given that you were left defenselessly due to that annoying bug :angry:

I am level 73, and I have once been close to death. My mask was taken off and a Tiffany ran off with it while Tommy and Friends were wailing on me. I was in a panic and slashing at them, focussing on Tommy with knives and such, but everytime one would be seperate from the group, I would grab and get a pocket knife in the neck (pre Roy patch). I check my map while they were huddling in a cabin, and my trap has been tripped silently. I then see tommy climb through a window, with a chad behind him. Tommy had a machete, and I sensed and saw Tiffany running up. I was very lucky when I found that Tommy was limping from the broken window. I shifted as he was moving closer, and grab him. He had used his knife (probably gave it to Tiffany) and I body blocked Chad's swing, and killed Tommy Jarvis, slowly, panfully with Part 4's dlc kill. I might have died if Tommy wasn't limping and Chad running ahead of him. I then pick them off one by one with shift grabs and making them all limp. I love playing against experienced counselors because you are always in for a treat, as well a rewarding feeling when you see that delicious No Survivors XP bonus.

I've never been killed as Jason yet. As soon as I hear mom's alert I morph there and kill them. During the grab-nerf days the sweater took priority over everything else, as the Jason-killers were out in full force. I'd leave the phone box during the police call to go shut that operation down.

I had a very close call last night. They got my mask off. Tommy arrived with a machete. Deborah had the sweater. But they screwed up knocking me to my knees.

I guess I would be sad if I got killed with almost no counselors killed, or if it happened to me all the time. But Jason's defeat is usually how the movies end, so if it was a good match I wouldn't be salty. (I just wish the kill animation had that final 30 or so seconds of Manfredini's "Mrs. Vorhees Loses Her Head" music track. Just doesn't feel right without that music cue.)

It’s going to happen. Especially against any group who is knowledgeable enough to Cosby sweater you. My advice is to just deal with it and move on, the devs decided mask should have pitiful HP so you just have to accept it. At the very least you should just take it on the chin and don’t turn into Jason fish. That’s no fun for either side.

PS: For anyone who thinks they can avoid being killed by standing against a wall - surprise, I will kill you through the wall. Or activate sweater at just the right moment to disable your Shift for the rest of the match, and kneel hit at a time of my choosing. Make no mistake, Jason is designed to die in this game.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

It’s going to happen. Especially against any group who is knowledgeable enough to Cosby sweater you. My advice is to just deal with it and move on, the devs decided mask should have pitiful HP so you just have to accept it. At the very least you should just take it on the chin and don’t turn into Jason fish. That’s no fun for either side.

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

PS: For anyone who thinks they can avoid being killed by standing against a wall - surprise, I will kill you through the wall. Or activate sweater at just the right moment to disable your Shift for the rest of the match, and kneel hit at a time of my choosing. Make no mistake, Jason is designed to die in this game.

Yes for interior walls, no for main support walls. 

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Meh.. My masks get knocked off and i just go for a walk.  A long one..   Grabbing every single knife i see.

At that point the game is about killing the sweater girl from long range with Knives.  And il run the clock down from long range until shes dead or the games over.  

I assume its no fun for either side.  But, if you're trying to kill me you asked for it.  Im NO FUN to kill.  

I seriously go into L4D tank mode with barely any health left.  Hiding and long range rock throwing is the same mindset i get when im dealing with a kill squad with a sweater girl and my mask off.

Its not going to happen.  I won't let it.  :D

I came late into the game & when my first go as Jason was rough. I was trolled by counselor's pretty bad lol! It was frustrating and funny all at the same time. 

Coming in late into the game though, I was able to use the offline bots as a means of practicing as Jason, which helped me a lot. In fact I spent a lot of time doing just that. Now I am need to work on being better with counselor's lol :D 

If Jason is fighting another counselor, run up behind him, combat stance, and aim up at the back of his head. 2 hits to the mask straps and his mask comes off, regardless of his hit points.

4 minutes ago, pts1985 said:

If Jason is fighting another counselor, run up behind him, combat stance, and aim up at the back of his head. 2 hits to the mask straps and his mask comes off, regardless of his hit points.

Makes sense, plus I've never been misled by a Shiba with a tie and glasses before.

• Haha 2