ZooMalfunction

The stigma of being killed as Jason

17 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Getting killed as Jason is heart breaking.  I've done it with friends to newbie jasons and i felt bad about it.  Wonder if they quit playing because of it..  I tend to not want to do it anymore.

I'm with u

I have a soft spot for new players. If we decide to kill Jason and then I find out he or she is new, I try to call it off or not be a part of it if they wanna go ahead.

9 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

@Kodiak and I pulled off a really great Jason kill earlier today. Jason was after me and my LaChappa bacon at the fuse box, so I just kited the hell out of him while Kodiak and some others went and got the sweater. I warned Jason that if he kept chasing me that he would wind up dead :P

Within a few minutes we were mobbed up and going from cabin to cabin trying to find a machete or axe. I forget what we found but eventually we had all the parts in place and got the kill. Jason was a good sport about it and gave us credit for our teamwork. I think he knew he was in trouble once he lost his mask.

It's surprisingly easy with Fox :) Epic marathon, epic dodge speed perk and epic swing speed perk. Get 1 or 2 knives and a spray, then make him chase you until he's close enough behind for you to turn and hit him. Then you just turn around, quickly toggle combat stance on, whack him and then immediately tap the dodge button left and dodge to his side so he misses his grab. Rinse and repeat :) The one we killed last night kept running right into it over and over again until I got his mask off.

As for being killed as Jason, I've got 178 matches played as him on Steam and 50 on Xbox so that's 228 Jason matches in total. I haven't been killed yet and nobody's really come close either. I'd probably feel quite pissed off if I actually died as I'd probably sit there calling myself incompetent, lol. Feels like I've got this 'I've not been killed by anyone yet' pride and I wanna keep it intact, just for myself rather than anyone else.

Never been killed yet (had about...40ish games as Jason), but came very close one time in June.

Deb with sweater and bat, Tommy with machete, three other counselors armed and clubbing away. If my mask had been off already, I'd probably have been cooked. Managed to tank the hits, swing away with my axe when I could and eventually got enough room to grab and kill Tommy quick and that, thankfully, was that.

I could also have Morphed or Shifted out of there, they were available, but that would've felt super cheap. I feel I gave them an honest chance.

After that, it's never been that close. Had occasions where a girl's had the sweater, but no Tommy or I killed them before anything could get organised.

I figure it's gonna happen one day, though. When it does, hopefully I'll be gracious about it.

Learn the names Dans_macabre and comicsplay on ps4 if your in a match with them two don't let Dan's come back as Tommy they kill Jason 4 to 5 times a night I've been with them when they've done it 3 or 4 games in a row last week, especially if they have more of their friends with them too

22 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

You should try it.

Escaping is far too easy, so I go for Jason kills most matches now. It's the only thing that recaptures some of the tension I had as a new player for me.

I've killed dozens now, and it never gets old.

@JPops - responding to the sweater alarm can be dangerous.

We've killed Jasons before by grabbing the sweater silently with the mask, then sending someone in to trigger the alarm and summon Jason while the rest of the full prepared kill-squad hid in a bush and rushed him when he appeared. :D

@ZooMalfunction do you play with PS4 because this happened to me yesterday while I was part 9. 
It's a story I want to tell because it answers you main question at the beginning of the topic. My english is not perfect. I apoligize for that. 

I'm what I would call an experienced player. When I'm Jason I usually kill them all and I've never been close to being killed. Whenever my mommy said they want to take her I've always given top priority to sweater girl and/or Tommy. 

But yesterday there was a big problem. Lag was 400-500ms and believe me, it is annoying as counselor but makes it very difficult if you are Jason. You can't just shift-grab, and I rely most of my strategy on that.
Part 9 has only three traps so you have to be quick killing people from the very beginning otherwise, without any more traps, it will be difficult to control all spots and prevent counselors to escape. I usually do it but there was so much lag, add to that the recent nerfs and at least 6 people in party chat very well skilled and organized. 
I killed some of them but they were still a good number of 6 counselors left (5+tommy) and no more traps, not even in the phonebox where I've lost a lot of time chasing them. Also my mask was off because they hit me repeatedly when I was stunned.
Anyway they get to call the police while I was killing someone other. That makes 5 counselors left, lot of lag, shift grab wasn't an option and I didn't hear my mum called me. Anyway I was very much pissed off, I didn't get less than 6/8 since months and didn't want so many counselors to escape.
But those guys wanted to go further and kill me. I heard my mother calling me and saw all of them there with my sense. I have to say that in that moment I thought "You guys have my esteem, but I think you are going to regret it". I stalked, shift there and missed the sweater girl for a inch cause of the lag, then managed to kill one of them but soon after the kill animation finished, the sweater girl started her speech. 
I think I've never push my "x" button that fast like yesterday lol xD.
The guy with the bat just tried to stunned me a fraction later I managed to resist the girl. In that moment I felt a big relief and soon later I felt like a beast thirsty for blood. I was fully focused and managed to kill everyone, even with the police not far from there. I was happy at the end but I really saw it close!

Now to answer the question from the OP
I'll be honest, as an experienced player that usually survive as counselor (when other counselors are decent) and kill them all as Jason, I was really feeling bad to the idea I could have been killed. I had the lag excuse of course, but that wasn't enough for me.

Anyway that would have not made me go crazy like the player you mentioned. If that would have happened then I would have congrat them cause they have played the game as it is supposed to be played, collaborating and with team work. But let me say I wouldn't have liked it. Not at all. 

The guy who went crazy in your lobby is like a lot of other people that nowadays can't accept failure, you can see that from a lot of people who leave when they are Jason and are finding difficult to kill counselors.
But failure is part of life, and is part of games. I would describe myself as a very good counselor and a very good Jason but to reach this level I've been through the most frustrating of matches, the most stupid of deaths, the most annoying counselors harassing me. One should just learn from it and then don't let it happen again. And now, nobody can harass me anymore and if they do it they are going to die almost sure.
Anyway even if I have not been killed as Jason in that match I still have learnt something new again: Don't ever join lobbys with high pings! :D 

I have played more then 1000 matches and never seen Jason get killed. 

Some people make it seems common. I say it is almost impossible with random mic less players. And even with friends really hard and not worth the effort.

On 10/29/2017 at 2:51 AM, ZooMalfunction said:

What's everyone's opinions on this? Especially those who've died as Jason?

I just killed a Jason today and he was so angry and raging in the lobby, he sounded like he was going to cry. I've killed dozens of Jasons, and a reaction like this isn't that uncommon.

It just seems that unlike failure conditions in other games, dying as Jason seems to really wound some people. Like they feel there's an element of shame. Almost nobody takes it well, and plenty have just run away and hidden in the water when in danger of it.

I've been playing since day 1, so am fortunate enough to have been on the same learning/ability curve or ahead of other players, and have never been close to being killed, unlike newbies getting ganked by 101s these days.

I think I'd be embarassed to die, and weirdly see it as some kind of permanent blemish on my record, but I'd take it in good humour, and still try to kill everyone even when at risk of death (just going about it more cautiously).

I wouldn't mind, I don't really get annoyed at games..

My friends in private came near to killing me one time, knocked my mask off, had the sweater but I somehow was able to survive

13 minutes ago, Fooobar said:

Some people make it seems common. I say it is almost impossible with random mic less players. And even with friends really hard and not worth the effort.

If nobody has mic it's very difficult but still not impossible. When you are with friend it is not that hard actually if Jason is not good skilled. I think you should not stick into it from the beginning of the game. You just have to decide mid-game if it is worth trying, depending on the circumstances. IMO.

Anyway killing Jason is now less hard (or more easy) than before because Tommy has a pocket knife with him and you can hit Jason while he is stunned making more easy to throw his mask off.

saw one game where the dude flipped out, but he sounded young and I just muted his mic until he left he lobby. I get nervous about playing Jason and not living up to providing a fun experience for others. If they kill me.. who cares, I'd just rather the experience for the counselors be fun, not boring or lame. That's my concern.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Punisher_2099 said:

saw one game where the dude flipped out, but he sounded young and I just muted his mic until he left he lobby. I get nervous about playing Jason and not living up to providing a fun experience for others. If they kill me.. who cares, I'd just rather the experience for the counselors be fun, not boring or lame. That's my concern.

I'm the same as long as everyone is having a fun experience I don't care what happens.

I try to actually act like Jason if I'm zombie Jason and not hide or zigzag from guns etc

I've never killed Jason. Came real close today. He quit mid kill and also happened to be the host. I'd like to see it once. I know I'll ever get that badge.

Never been killed as Jason, but have been part of a group (wasnt tommy or sweater holder though) that has killed him.  We were very organized, all 7 of us focused on it working together. Really cool.

I don't even remember the Jason being mad after, but I couldn't believe the number of people in the group just harassing Jason post game that he "sucks" is a "terrible jason" or should "sell his xbox".  Really?  First off, that's just lame, this is a game.  Second, I thought we were just good, not that the Jason sucked.  He was pretty average I thought, we were just working together and focused on killing him not escaping.  I guess that's just a popular game/internet mentality, when you win you harass the other side they suck to make them feel bad.  I don't know.  Regardless, I left the group immediately.  There are better people to play with that aren't jerks.

• Like 2

I'm a slightly below average Jason. In 107 Jason matches I've only felt legitimately threatened once. Very coordinated group. I figured if I'm gonna die I'm gonna take a couple of them with me and I'm going down fighting. Thankfully I prevailed and everyone ended up dead (except me).

My reaction to being killed as Jason would be based on the reaction of those that killed me. If they were cool about it, I would be as well. I have had so many people taunt me and call me out for being trash, that if I got a reaction like that, I'd simply leave. I don't care to recall how many times I've been told to kill myself because I'm the worst Jason ever. Lobbies like that are no fun. I won't rage, but I won't stick around to be someone's punching bag. Even when the hostility is pointed at others, I don't want to listen to it.

Considering I don’t even like 1 person escaping, I’d prob be inconsolable if I were ever killed. Closest it’s ever come was back near launch, they had my mask off, had the sweater and tommy and there were like 3 backup counselors. I for sure thought I was a goner. I was able to split them up just enough so that I could grab the sweater chick before they had time to hit me and set her free. It was a huge relief. 

On 10/30/2017 at 5:38 AM, DamonD7 said:

Never been killed yet (had about...40ish games as Jason), but came very close one time in June.

Deb with sweater and bat, Tommy with machete, three other counselors armed and clubbing away. If my mask had been off already, I'd probably have been cooked. Managed to tank the hits, swing away with my axe when I could and eventually got enough room to grab and kill Tommy quick and that, thankfully, was that.

I could also have Morphed or Shifted out of there, they were available, but that would've felt super cheap. I feel I gave them an honest chance.

After that, it's never been that close. Had occasions where a girl's had the sweater, but no Tommy or I killed them before anything could get organised.

I figure it's gonna happen one day, though. When it does, hopefully I'll be gracious about it.

I know they say never say never but....I WILL NEVER BE KILL AS JASON NEVER IM TO PRO FOR THAT TO HAPPEN TO ME!!!!LOL :lol:

On 30/10/2017 at 1:05 PM, Fooobar said:

I've got the achievement for over 1000 counselor matches, and play exclusively in quick matches, and while I've killed Jason dozens of times (with either 1 or 2 friends as counselors helping, or solo by recruiting randoms), I have never seen a Jason kill where it wasn't myself or my friends leading it.

I've seen plenty of people declare in the lobby their desire to kill Jason, and screw it up royally (usually kids). But I've never been in the situation where I'm off fixing the boat, and then suddenly get a cutscene, which must have happened to quite a few people I've played with in the past.

1 hour ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I've got the achievement for over 1000 counselor matches, and play exclusively in quick matches, and while I've killed Jason dozens of times (with either 1 or 2 friends as counselors helping, or solo by recruiting randoms), I have never seen a Jason kill where it wasn't myself or my friends leading it.

I've seen plenty of people declare in the lobby their desire to kill Jason, and screw it up royally (usually kids). But I've never been in the situation where I'm off fixing the boat, and then suddenly get a cutscene, which must have happened to quite a few people I've played with in the past.

This is my case exactly. I've killed Jason at least 30 times, probably more, usually without any friends helping me. Usually I'm Tommy and take the mask off singlehandedly. The least involved I've ever been in a Jason kill was taking the mask off, escaping in the car, and then the Tommy teamed up with a Tiffany who had heard that the mask was removed and did the kill while I was spectating.

As Jason, I've experienced maybe two serious attempts to kill me, and that's usually when the there's only a girl and Tommy left and they don't even have my mask off. Groups like to grab the sweater and fight me even though Tommy hasn't spawned yet, meaning I can just kill the sweater girl, or they'll try to take the mask off with Tommy present while the sweater is still in the shack.

I'm not sure why, but 99% of the playerbase seems to have no interest in killing Jason. Even most parties don't.

Just been killed for the first time. Level 150. What's most frustrating is that once you lose the mask you are completely powerless. cannot go near sweater and tommy. I tried throwing knives and got about 3 hits in but its not enough. The problem with it now is that they can just keep hitting you when your stunned and the mask is off way too easily. Two councillors can get it off in one stun. 

The stigma comes from the fact that the Killer should kill, not the other way around :rolleyes: .  People view that being killed means they suck, but honestly even the best Jasons can die.  If you play Jason A lot... You will eventually die.  As the game is now, there is no avoid it (without resorting to running away or hiding underwater :P ).  If you wanna prove me wrong, I'll get a crew together and I Challenge any Jason on PC to 10 games.  We will get at least 1 kill (but honestly I believe more than that)

Edit:  Maybe just 5 games. 10 games is a long time, lol

4 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

The stigma comes from the fact that the Killer should kill, not the other way around :rolleyes: .  People view that being killed means they suck, but honestly even the best Jasons can die.  If you play Jason A lot... You will eventually die.  As the game is now, there is no avoid it (without resorting to running away or hiding underwater :P ).  If you wanna prove me wrong, I'll get a crew together and I Challenge any Jason on PC to 10 games.  We will get at least 1 kill (but honestly I believe more than that)

Alright just buy me a copy for PC and let's go! 

Yeah any Jason can be killed, it's depends on how good the team is and how good the Jason is. 

5 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Alright just buy me a copy for PC and let's go! 

LOL nice try :P

Just now, GeneiJin said:

LOL nice try :P

Eh knew it wouldn't work xD tumblr_oufo311Hq11wvkstoo1_500.gif

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

If you wanna prove me wrong, I'll get a crew together and I Challenge any Jason on PC to 10 games.  We will get at least 1 kill (but honestly I believe more than that)

I might take you up on that offer. I haven't been killed yet. Not legit at least, only to show friends what it looks like.

23 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

Just been killed for the first time. Level 150. What's most frustrating is that once you lose the mask you are completely powerless. cannot go near sweater and tommy. I tried throwing knives and got about 3 hits in but its not enough. The problem with it now is that they can just keep hitting you when your stunned and the mask is off way too easily. Two councillors can get it off in one stun. 

Whittle down the other counselors until there's just tommy and sweater girl. If you find yourself in a dangerous spot, put your face into a wall so they can't kill you. If you successfully grab tommy or sweater girl, use them as a shield against any would-be attackers. Collect knives, and be stingy with them. Only use them on guaranteed hits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I might take you up on that offer. I haven't been killed yet. Not legit at least, only to show friends what it looks like.

Yea, man.  PM me if you do.  I'll get the crew together so we can set a time :D  Regardless of what happens, its all in good fun.