Blackbird68

No dev response to patch backlash?

4 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

This would be a valid point except that in the movies Jason typically goes 1-on-1 with the counselors, not 8-on-1.

2 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

um in the end of the movies it was only one person mostly not seven 

I agree with you two guys. But still, the grab need the inverted cone range and at least a weapon hit detection fix with extended range.

2 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

I'm sure they don't want to listen to knee-jerk reactions after only a few days of playing. You need to let people get used to the changes first and then decide whether or not something needs additional changes. 

Absolutely. This is no different than when Team Killing was removed. The forums would flooooood with people crying that the game was ruined. It was for the best. So is this patch.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

its not a knee jerk reaction this game fucking sucks now and is unplayable 

Your reaction only further proves the point. It's been 3 days and you can't even have a respectful conversation with people about it. 

10 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

Absolutely. This is no different than when Team Killing was removed. The forums would flooooood with people crying that the game was ruined. It was for the best. So is this patch.

Same for when they "fixed" the stun timer "bug." It took a week or so for people to get used to it before they stopped complaining (myself included). Haha. 

• Like 1

Jason needs to be more deadly. No doubt about that. The grab nerf was too much. I am sure that adjustments are coming. So I will just play easy mode for a while and see what happens.

34 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Your reaction only further proves the point. It's been 3 days and you can't even have a respectful conversation with people about it. 

3days of the single worst patch ever when the two patches before this one were nearly perfect 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Jason needs to be more deadly. No doubt about that. The grab nerf was too much. I am sure that adjustments are coming. So I will just play easy mode for a while and see what happens.

Yeah... They need to widen, not extend his range. And the hit detection fixed with weapon range extended.

Edited by NoOneK9503
  • Like 1

All I want fixed is the cone. I'm fine with the trap thing, I never stacked. I'm fine with the item thing, makes matches go faster. Just invert the cone and it's all good. I still have fun, that's what matters. 

28 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Yeah... They need to widen not extend his range. And a weapon buff.

Agree with the first part, not the second.  The weapon damage isn't the problem.   Its the actual hit detection that needs fixing (which probably goes hand in hand with the grab mechanics/detection as well).  If my weapon is visually striking someone, it should register as a hit, not act as a ghost blade as it phases through a counselors body (applies to grabs as well).  I'm already use to the way Jason feels and the hit/grab detection is really my main gripe as of now.  And Part VII is NOT useless post-patch.  (Ask @BoxingRouge, @Vaderspupil, @pioneer67fkd @malloymk.)

@NoOneK9503No need for apologies.  Nothing to apologize for.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Agree with the first part, not the second.  The weapon damage isn't the problem.   Its the actual hit detection that needs fixing (which probably goes hand in hand with the grab mechanics/detection as well).  If my weapon is visually striking someone, it should register as a hit, not act as a ghost blade as it phases through a counselors body (applies to grabs as well).  I'm already use to the way Jason feels and the hit/grab detection is really my main gripe as of now.

Yup. Hit detection. My apologies.

3 hours ago, Rev_Bartholomew said:

Actually I tend to slash the counselor then I grab kill them. I don't just relay on grabbing them all the time.

I like to change it up a bit:)

I just love how people who defend the grab nerf like to imply that you don't have skill because you are complaining.

Jason is now BROKEN. Anyone without an agenda can see this very clearly.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

Backlash? As far as I know a majority of the players are happy with the patch. Thing is, most of those who are not, are very whiny and vocal about it.

Ironic that people who complained about Jason's grab are now calling other players whiny.

If it doesn't change, I predict this game won't last until next summer. The patch killed the game for me, as Jason and counselor.

But honestly, who comes to play a game called Friday the 13th and doesn't want to play as Jason, the near invincible killing machine from the movies?

I'm about done with this game and the crybaby millenials who don't know anything about the '80s who play it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Caulus said:

But honestly, who comes to play a game called Friday the 13th and doesn't want to play as Jason, the near invincible killing machine from the movies?

??‍♂️

And I’m a huge fan of the franchise.

They need to stop tweaking stuff that players are satisfied with it comes with every update, first it’s the stupid window animation with an invisible shield with Jason vs Counselor now the grab reach/trap issue. Just leave it as it is.

8 minutes ago, Caulus said:

Ironic that people who complained about Jason's grab are now calling other players whiny.

If it doesn't change, I predict this game won't last until next summer. The patch killed the game for me, as Jason and counselor.

I'm about done with this game and the crybaby millenials who don't know anything about the '80s who play it.

You're barking at the wrong tree, dearie. I've never cried about Jason's grab breaking the game, dooming it, making it unplayable, and whatnots. I may be a millenial... But certainly not the crybaby here ;)

8 minutes ago, Barbara Ann said:

You're barking at the wrong tree, dearie. I've never cried about Jason's grab breaking the game, dooming it, making it unplayable, and whatnots. I may be a millenial... But certainly not the crybaby here ;)

I've said earlier, that an Easy Mode would be great for people who want a weak Jason. I think it solves everyone's issues. Seriously.

Edit: For example: Easy Mode = Current patch. Normal Mode = Oct 11 patch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RustInPeace said:

Agree with the first part, not the second.  The weapon damage isn't the problem.   Its the actual hit detection that needs fixing (which probably goes hand in hand with the grab mechanics/detection as well).  If my weapon is visually striking someone, it should register as a hit, not act as a ghost blade as it phases through a counselors body (applies to grabs as well).  I'm already use to the way Jason feels and the hit/grab detection is really my main gripe as of now.  And Part VII is NOT useless post-patch.  (Ask @BoxingRouge, @Vaderspupil, @pioneer67fkd @malloymk.)

@NoOneK9503No need for apologies.  Nothing to apologize for.

Hey @pioneer67fkd did you see that post I made about your part VII Jason?

Yeah, almost every character died in the movies. IN THE MOVIES. Who would buy a game with 0 chances of escape? "No, sorry. You are playing Friday the 13th, you can't escape here." So, please, stop saying that the match is only valid if the Jason kill everyone. No. It must be challenging, yes, but not impossible. 

The majority of the players are happy with the chances, even some Jason mains. 

Jason's grab is fine, try to practice more. But you know what they need to fix? The servers. I live in South America and have to deal with 200+ of ping after the latest patch. Had 80/100 before. 

7 minutes ago, kitcat said:

Jason's grab is fine, try to practice more. But you know what they need to fix? The servers. I live in South America and have to deal with 200+ of ping after the latest patch. Had 80/100 before. 

Which country? I'm from Brazil.

• Like 1

Just now, NoOneK9503 said:

Which country? I'm from Brazil.

I'm from Brazll too! Olá, amigo :D

14 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Exactly. In the meantime, I hope they're making good progress on the next DLC, which by the road map is... the new virtual cabin? And hopefully an overdue Retro Jason update!

Fuck retro jason.

1 hour ago, kitcat said:

Yeah, almost every character died in the movies. IN THE MOVIES. Who would buy a game with 0 chances of escape? "No, sorry. You are playing Friday the 13th, you can't escape here." So, please, stop saying that the match is only valid if the Jason kill everyone. No. It must be challenging, yes, but not impossible. 

The majority of the players are happy with the chances, even some Jason mains. 

I don't understand this "zero chance to survive" argument. Just because something is difficult, doesn't mean it's impossible. And Jason should be difficult to escape from.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, malloymk said:

I don't understand this "zero chance to survive" argument. Just because something is difficult, doesn't mean it's impossible. And Jason should be difficult to escape from.

Some people like to say "It's Jason, all the counselors must die!". In the movies, yes, but not in the game. And I already said "It must be challenging, yes, but not impossible."