EspionageCosmo

Jason Died 2x/One Night, Now Hunting Jason - Counselors Overpowered [Video]

Tonight I saw Jason die 2 times in one night, including a case where the counselors were hunting down a fleeing Jason. Have a look:

Not exactly like the movies, is it? How am I supposed to be fear Jason when he is this weak? Another Jason saw me with the sweater and ran!

The counselors are now over powered and Jason must be reverted, both grab and traps, or he must otherwise be made more powerful to bring the correct balance back to the game.

• Like 3

In the movies Jason is strategic and picks off Counselors one or two at a time.

I kill Jason all the time with my friends. It’s amazing what you can do when you have great communication and teamwork.

Also, I have never been remotely close to getting killed while playing Jason.

• Like 1

His threat level reduces GREATLY. I would say since May til this new patch, he is not as a red alert, if that makes sense? I get it the grab reach was OP im fine with it being gone. My problem lies with giving counselors location of items on the map. More help toward the counselors. From my experience from playing in may, til last night. I manage to actually kill jason once...I was happy but I knew I would NEVER pull that off a few weeks ago or months. Every game has been a no stress game on escaping, Jason's mask came off 4 times out of the 8 games I played today..I notice a few more rage quitting from JASON. It was not til I was chosen to become jason is where I see the power of the counselors. They escape way to fast, you have 20mins to kill 7 or maybe 8 with Jarvis. 3mins or 2mins a person? I just think jason needs a big buff next patch. Counselors should not be in favor to win a game. @Joseph Jay

• Like 2

They need to permanently ban retards. Simple, I was at the car getting yanked and they didn't even try to hit him, 5 people too.  I have all of their usernames, I'd like to ban them all.

For fucks sake, this is a joke.

4 minutes ago, Theiceman105 said:

They need to permanently ban retards.

That's the stupidest reason to ban somebody. Just because they don't know what they are doing means you should ban them?

8 minutes ago, jenndar111 said:

That's the stupidest reason to ban somebody. Just because they don't know what they are doing means you should ban them?

Im just joking around, take a joke. Butif someone is that dumb,  they're probably trolls

Had this happen to me yesterday. I have been playing since launch and i can say that due to this patch things have changed for the worse in the case of Jason. Matches should not consist of counselors being all gung ho to just jump up and go hunt Jason. The latest patch made it so that not only can the counselors surround you and hit you continuously but you can't grab them because another counselor will just hit you and even if you try to slash them (from my experience yesterday) most hits rarely registered and even if he manage to hit someone they will most likely have spray to heal. So in the end the game has become easier for counselors to have the choice of either repair objectives insanely quick (Yesterday a group repaired the car in 1 min of the match starting) or hunting jason down because he has been nerfed so bad that the tools at his disposal are non existent.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, King_Duncan_VII said:

Actually, it's pretty on par with most of the movies. Jason is defeated in nearly all of the movies.

Par for the movies is 1-2 Survivors. With the recent changes, this is becoming the exception not the rule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slasher101 said:

His threat level reduces GREATLY. I would say since May til this new patch, he is not as a red alert, if that makes sense? I get it the grab reach was OP im fine with it being gone. My problem lies with giving counselors location of items on the map. More help toward the counselors. From my experience from playing in may, til last night. I manage to actually kill jason once...I was happy but I knew I would NEVER pull that off a few weeks ago or months. Every game has been a no stress game on escaping, Jason's mask came off 4 times out of the 8 games I played today..I notice a few more rage quitting from JASON. It was not til I was chosen to become jason is where I see the power of the counselors. They escape way to fast, you have 20mins to kill 7 or maybe 8 with Jarvis. 3mins or 2mins a person? I just think jason needs a big buff next patch. Counselors should not be in favor to win a game. @Joseph Jay

Yes. I agree. Keep in mind, a printed map doesn't show you where items or people are in real time. The only think you know is where you are in reference to other landmarks on the map. I could see the argument being made that the only benefit the map should have is knowing where YOU are in reference to landmarks and objectives. The kids would have been camping so they would know where the boat and car is, etc.

When I play as a counselor I now feel near invincible and as Jason I feel very gimped. As a counselor I feel no fear and as a Jason I can't invoke fear. Make Jason a threat and make me afraid as a counselor. Jason needs some major buffs even if it's not bringing back the old grab and trap mechanic.

• Like 2

I am asking out of curiosity. How does this patch have anything to do with killing Jason? None of those mechanics have changed. I think the issue is some were a little too comfortable with the major inconsistencies with Jason and are starting to realize without it they are not performing as they had in the past. I get it, it can be frustrating when a game changes however this is a live game changes will come as the player base plays differently. When issues are seen they are addressed to help alleviate those issues. The game will always change. Giving item locations does not make anyone play any better, it is just some were hoping for counselors to look for items that are there for time sinks so there was A large margin of error for Jason. When a troll throws parts in the water or takes one and purposely gets killed in the water so counselors look the whole match for it that is a problem. That has nothing to do with Jason's strength. Jason is still very much OP and that has not changed since launch. You may need to adapt to some things but overall it is a positive change. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Theiceman105 said:

Why does everybody cry about Jason actually taking skill now?

I reject your use of the word "cry" given the incessant complaints I STILL hear about Jason's grab (Post Grab Nerf: "You and your f---- grab!"), Jason's slashing, Combat stancing of doors, shift-grab, etc. To use your term, no one "cries" more than counselors, period. It's the reason they have their easy button now.

That being said, Jason required skill before. You can miss a shift-grab. You can miss with a knife. You can morph to the wrong location if you incorrectly guess where an ambiguous skill check was failed like Gas or a Battery.

Jason required skill before, it's that you're happy that being a counselor requires so much less skill now.

I escaped so many times last night that I felt like I didn't earn any of it. The game is broken and it's due to people who cannot handle a game this is difficult on 7 occasions out of 8. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EspionageCosmo said:

I reject your use of the word "cry" given the incessant complaints I STILL hear about Jason's grab (Post Grab Nerf: "You and your f---- grab!"), Jason's slashing, Combat stancing of doors, shift-grab, etc. To use your term, no one "cries" more than counselors, period. It's the reason they have their easy button now.

That being said, Jason required skill before. You can miss a shift-grab. You can miss with a knife. You can morph to the wrong location if you incorrectly guess where an ambiguous skill check was failed like Gas or a Battery.

Jason required skill before, it's that you're happy that being a counselor requires so much less skill now.

I escaped so many times last night that I felt like I didn't earn any of it. The game is broken and it's due to people who cannot handle a game this is difficult on 7 occasions out of 8. 

I don't even try to escape, I try to waste  Jasons time,  and I still manage to escape

Yes Jason is very powerful and the next few weeks, players will adapt. This will make them very lethal once they master it since no OP reach. I just don't understand why favor the counselors on tasks? It should be hard for them to survive and escape. This gives the survivors a huge sense of reward like back near launch. How do you feel abour Jason having slot perks? @JPops

1 hour ago, JPops said:

I am asking out of curiosity. How does this patch have anything to do with killing Jason? None of those mechanics have changed. I think the issue is some were a little too comfortable with the major inconsistencies with Jason and are starting to realize without it they are not performing as they had in the past. I get it, it can be frustrating when a game changes however this is a live game changes will come as the player base plays differently. When issues are seen they are addressed to help alleviate those issues. The game will always change. Giving item locations does not make anyone play any better, it is just some were hoping for counselors to look for items that are there for time sinks so there was A large margin of error for Jason. When a troll throws parts in the water or takes one and purposely gets killed in the water so counselors look the whole match for it that is a problem. That has nothing to do with Jason's strength. Jason is still very much OP and that has not changed since launch. You may need to adapt to some things but overall it is a positive change. 

I wish it was as easy. I think I've managed to kill Jason about... Three times, maybe, and I've been around since launch. There's always a counselor who messes things up and ruins the kill even though you've explained how to do it three times. 

22 hours ago, EspionageCosmo said:

You are crying, by definition. Your experience doesn't define how the game plays for each players, but here you are presenting your personal experiences as fact. Very typical rhetoric from someone who complains about change, "easy buttons," and not getting their way. If you actual had some deductive reasoning, you'd conclude that the Jasons that are being killed easily and the Jason's that aren't able to sweep kill a lobby are newer players. A huge influx of players have joined since the physical release and if you actually clicked on their profiles you'd see the Jasons you are crying about are new, low level players. You're not slick. What you and others are trying desperately to do is use new low-level players learning to play as Jason being the representative for how all Jason's are playing after the patch and updates. It's pathetic, but to be expected of people grasping at straws to get their bratty way. You honestly thought that seasoned counselors escaping new low-level Jasons means the game is broken, the patch ruined the game. The exaggerations are hilarious that butt hurt players are that in their feelings over a few changes (among all the changes) that they would so theatrical about their examples. Again, it's very predictable from these same personality types that cry and whine when they don't get their way then try to manipulate the situation. I see you.

1 hour ago, HorrorPops86 said:

You are crying, by definition. Your experience doesn't define how the game plays for each players, but here you are presenting your personal experiences as fact. Very typical rhetoric from someone who complains about change, "easy buttons," and not getting their way. If you actual had some deductive reasoning, you'd conclude that the Jasons that are being killed easily and the Jason's that aren't able to sweep kill a lobby are newer players. A huge influx of players have joined since the physical release and if you actually clicked on their profiles you'd see the Jasons you are crying about are new, low level players. You're not slick. What you and others are trying desperately to do is use new low-level players learning to play as Jason being the representative for how all Jason's are playing after the patch and updates. It's pathetic, but to be expected of people grasping at straws to get their bratty way. You honestly thought that seasoned counselors escaping new low-level Jasons means the game is broken, the patch ruined the game. The exaggerations are hilarious that butt hurt players are that in their feelings over a few changes (among all the changes) that they would so theatrical about their examples. Again, it's very predictable from these same personality types that cry and whine when they don't get their way then try to manipulate the situation. I see you.

He's not wrong. People who can't have fun with counselors because they want to escape most of the time cry a hell of a lot. Jason 7 players have been "crying" forever for obvious reasons. People who love the movies and horror games are obviously going to "cry" when the main reason to have any sense of tension in the game is turned into a joke. If you're happy with counselor easy mode, fine, enjoy it. I'm sure that's how the game is going to stay from now on. At least one set of "criers" got what they desired.