Jump to content
Alkavian

A piece of unsolicited advice to the Devs.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Imminent death is just what I'm forecasting. No DLC = no revenue. No new players will be suddenly buying the game in droves, not in its broken state and especially not with zero content on the horizon. I can't imagine the sales they do get will be enough to keep supporting the game / paying staff, and whatever support they're planning will be the bare minimum in upcoming fixes (if there even are any). Financially there is just no reason for them to continue, as of today they cannot realistically make money off the game anymore.

If dedicated servers are indeed coming, they are only coming to be ready in place for supporting the next project (as absurd as that may sound right now). I don't believe there is any coming back from this, the game is done for good. Most we can hope for is that a final patch is released that will leave the game in an acceptable state.

 

5 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

They didn't have DLCs for months while the upgrade was pending. They haven't been charging for maps. Jasons have been unlocking for free. Aside from a couple kill packs, clothes, and a couple emotes, their revenue has been from sales. I can see them permanently dropping the price down to about $12.99 to encourage more sales.

   I can see the price cut in half in about a month, but that still won't sustain the game longterm. Even if they were able to get the Grendel map out to provide the game with a fresh aesthetic, that might have been enough. As it is now this is a wonderful game but it is mostly one dimensional.

   Its not going to go poof as if a magician snapped his fingers, but it also isn't going to win a marathon without any legs.

I'll always come back to it once a week or so, but the days of me playing every day or two are already gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know people will call me crazy. I've been called much worse. 

If they charged a reasonable monthly subscription fee (until the case is settled) I would pay it to keep the game afloat until new content could be added again after the verdict.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

I know people will call me crazy. I've been called much worse. 

If they charged a reasonable monthly subscription fee (until the case is settled) I would pay it to keep the game afloat until new content could be added again after the verdict.

Whatever is "much worse"........ That's what I'm calling you. 🤣 (That's a joke, btw)

I'm not paying a monthly to keep this going. They made well over a million dollars in advance and all they needed to do was provide a working game. A year later and it's more broken than it was at launch. It's worse now than when it was in Beta.

Quit counting that money long enough to crack that whip on your coders or use some of that money to hire new ones. I don't really care which one as long as a working game falls out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Whatever is "much worse"........ That's what I'm calling you. 🤣 (That's a joke, btw)

I'm not paying a monthly to keep this going. They made well over a million dollars in advance and all they needed to do was provide a working game. A year later and it's more broken than it was at launch. It's worse now than when it was in Beta.

Quit counting that money long enough to crack that whip on your coders or use some of that money to hire new ones. I don't really care which one as long as a working game falls out of it.

I agree with you. The game needs desperately to be fixed above all else.

Paying a bit extra to guarantee future content is just my OCD getting the best of me. Knowing the game is incomplete and died before it's time...too frustrating!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

They didn't have DLCs for months while the upgrade was pending. They haven't been charging for maps. Jasons have been unlocking for free. Aside from a couple kill packs, clothes, and a couple emotes, their revenue has been from sales. I can see them permanently dropping the price down to about $12.99 to encourage more sales.

While true, the playerbase did greatly dwindle and the only hope of continued support would’ve been new content to draw new players / sales, and keep them sticking around for the inevitable release of paid DLC which would at least provide the opportunity to make money for them.  Now neither thing can happen, the cat is out of the bag and everyone knows for a fact there’s nothing more in store for them.

I doubt many players are going to stick around with definitely no further content updates, the game is done in that sense and it is reasonable to assume most will just move on as they already intended to prior to this news. And that was simply because of the state of the game and its seemingly unresolvable issues even after months of work. To me, this just seals its fate.

But hey, I hope I’m wrong. I think anyone getting their hopes up will be in for a rude awakening though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

 

But hey, I hope I’m wrong. I think anyone getting their hopes up will be in for a rude awakening though.

It would certainly be foolish to get hopes up too high at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll go down with the ship. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, then that'll be awesome. The asymetrical multiplayer experience of 1 vs X number of players is still a trending genre and, if anything, the game may still find success because of people's interest in that genre alone. I'm hoping for the best, but if the ship sinks well.... Shit happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

I'll go down with the ship. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, then that'll be awesome. The asymetrical multiplayer experience of 1 vs X number of players is still a trending genre and, if anything, the game may still find success because of people's interest in that genre alone. I'm hoping for the best, but if the ship sinks well.... Shit happens.

I think it is more the lies and lack of communication

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, agnes said:

I think it is more the lies and lack of communication

They do need to communicate more, now would be the time more than ever. As far as the lies go, I never felt lied to, so I don't know what you mean with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nickypoolicious said:

They do need to communicate more, now would be the time more than ever. As far as the lies go, I never felt lied to, so I don't know what you mean with that.

So you didn't feel lied to when they said "We are gonna go dark for 4-5 month and ONLY work on the Engine Upgrade. No content. We won't release the Engine Upgrade Patch until everything is right and running properly and thats why it's gonna take so long."

Annnnd.......We ended up with plastic councilors, sparkley rainbow blood, worse rubberbanding, worse interaction glitches, music not playing sometimes, sound effects not playing properly, not being able to hear players in game, and all of the other bugs........plus that new content they weren't devoting time to.

You didn't feel just a little bit lied to? Just a little bit? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

So you didn't feel lied to when they said "We are gonna go dark for 4-5 month and ONLY work on the Engine Upgrade. No content. We won't release the Engine Upgrade Patch until everything is right and running properly and thats why it's gonna take so long."

Annnnd.......We ended up with plastic councilors, sparkley rainbow blood, worse rubberbanding, worse interaction glitches, music not playing sometimes, sound effects not playing properly, not being able to hear players in game, and all of the other bugs........plus that new content they weren't devoting time to.

You didn't feel just a little bit lied to? Just a little bit? 🤔

Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Annnnd......We ended up with plastic councilors, sparkley rainbow blood, worse rubberbanding, worse interaction glitches, music not playing sometimes, sound effects not playing properly, not being able to hear players in game, and all of the other bugs........plus that new content they weren't devoting time to.

Guess I'm not bothered by these things as most people are. Sure, it's frustrating, but honestly my experience has been tame compared to others who claim their lives are now 40% more miserable from playing the game and seeing all these bugs. Don't know what you mean by plastic counselors, it' spelled counselors by the way, unless you mean that they're not exactly Naughty Dog near perfect character models, well, I mean we kind of knew that going in, didn't we? I have maybe only encountered the rubberbanding issue twice in the entire year+ of the game's life, so it didn't ruin my experience. Sparkling rainbow is just hilarous, but it's not a game breaker, just something that breaks the immersion and it's only localized in ONE area of of ONE map, again no biggie. Don't know about music not playing, I always hear something, I always hear people talking (if they happen to be using mics). Sound effects cutting in and out I've also encountered, but not game breaking. No interaction Jason is probably the biggest game breaking bug, I've ever encountered and it's only happened maybe four times that I can remember on me as Jason. You mean the future Jason X content, dedicated servers, etc. for the new content? Well, I'm sure we'll see dedicated servers and then you can eat all that shit you been saying about it never happening because it won't be profitable for them to do so. If you can design the dedicated servers yourseldf faster, then by all means, do it and save us all.

I expect them to use this period of no new content to address all the bugs and glitches and basically get the ship back in order, and I have faith they will. Because once this lawsuit is done and over with and we get a ruling one way or another, content can and will resume again. I knew going in that this was an inexperienced team and I expected a lot of issues to go with it, and this was before the game's release back when I pre-ordered it on backerkit. So instead of going all Crazy Ralph and spouting off the "the end is nigh, and the game is doomed," just go back under that rock you've been hiding under every once in a while during your "periods of silence," on these forums, because honestly life is better on here without you gumming up all the constructive feedbacks and getting others riled up. I get that you're pissed, but maybe be less of an asshole about it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nickypoolicious said:

Guess I'm not bothered by these things as most people are. Sure, it's frustrating, but honestly my experience has been tame compared to others who claim their lives are now 40% more miserable from playing the game and seeing all these bugs. Don't know what you mean by plastic counselors, it' spelled counselors by the way, unless you mean that they're not exactly Naughty Dog near perfect character models, well, I mean we kind of knew that going in, didn't we? I have maybe only encountered the rubberbanding issue twice in the entire year+ of the game's life, so it didn't ruin my experience. Sparkling rainbow is just hilarous, but it's not a game breaker, just something that breaks the immersion and it's only localized in ONE area of of ONE map, again no biggie. Don't know about music not playing, I always hear something, I always hear people talking (if they happen to be using mics). Sound effects cutting in and out I've also encountered, but not game breaking. No interaction Jason is probably the biggest game breaking bug, I've ever encountered and it's only happened maybe four times that I can remember on me as Jason. You mean the future Jason X content, dedicated servers, etc. for the new content? Well, I'm sure we'll see dedicated servers and then you can eat all that shit you been saying about it never happening because it won't be profitable for them to do so. If you can design the dedicated servers yourseldf faster, then by all means, do it and save us all.

I expect them to use this period of no new content to address all the bugs and glitches and basically get the ship back in order, and I have faith they will. Because once this lawsuit is done and over with and we get a ruling one way or another, content can and will resume again. I knew going in that this was an inexperienced team and I expected a lot of issues to go with it, and this was before the game's release back when I pre-ordered it on backerkit. So instead of going all Crazy Ralph and spouting off the "the end is nigh, and the game is doomed," just go back under that rock you've been hiding under every once in a while during your "periods of silence," on these forums, because honestly life is better on here without you gumming up all the constructive feedbacks and getting others riled up. I get that you're pissed, but maybe be less of an asshole about it?

Thanks for the grammar lesson, Teach. When you're swyping a paragraph out, sometimes the app gets confused by words that sound similar. It'll use one word over the other depending on which the user uses more often. It's this thing called autocorrect........but I'll be sure to proof read this time.👍

What I meant by "all that shit" was exactly what I wrote. Maybe a half broke game doesn't bother you and that's fine. Apparently, the difference between you and I (was that correct? YOU and I??) is that you seem to be more bothered that my opinion differs from yours and that I'm also allowed to speak my mind. That's the super cool thing though, cause we all different........and I can accept you like broke shit without getting all bent out of shape about it.😢

I'm glad you've had a better experience than a LOT of other people and if you wanna keep singing praises, far be it from me to tell you not to. Sing!!!...........but don't tell me I can't have my own song. If you don't like what I type, simply move on passed it. Easy, huh?😐

While we are giving lessons, let's talk about business. People go into business to make money. Money is that stuff that none of us have enough of so when we spend it, we want a QUALITY PRODUCT (but that's a different lesson. Let's move on). Anyway, business owners (like Gun Media) rely on selling things to the public. In this case it's a game and DLC. The game in question did amazingly well at first, making a lot of money. Sales have dropped in the year that it's been out because the amount of in-game trolls, and cheaters, that the developers do not ban. Compound that with all those glitches I've mentioned (and the long list I didn't mention) and now the game sales go down further. Most people that REALLY wanted this game were Backers (like me) and there was a small resurgence in sales when physical copies started hitting store shelves, but it's not selling anywhere close to what it was. Now the money slows down and that's where DLC sales come into play. They (Gun Media) need DLC to keep cash coming in. Without it, they make no profits and without profits.........those servers won't be on long. No business is gonna go in debt to keep servers on for a game with low sales and a dying player base (and yes, the player base continues to go down). If you think they will keep them going, that's fine, believe it......... but I'm going on a history of them telling us one thing and doing something else. Those servers you're so sure about were supposed to be here last October. It's June, btw and we still ain't seen so much as the power outlet they plan to plug it into.😜

Either way, I could be wrong and I can admit that but I'm willing to bet if I'm right you won't be humbling yourself so quickly and do the same, will ya??🤭

You do you. I'll do what I do. All I asked was if you felt lied to. You answered and then got all offended cause I posted a Sanford & Son gif. Talk about sensitive. 🤣

I'm done here. Calling people names is against the rules, so watch how you do it. Trust me on this.😬

And while we're on that subject, maybe we should decide if you're the pot or the kettle.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

*snip(

If you think I got offended over a Sanford and Son gif, well then, let me ease your concerns that I was not at all. In fact, I found it humorous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

If you think I got offended over a Sanford and Son gif, well then, let me ease your concerns that I was not at all. In fact, I found it humorous.

giphy.gif

Yeah...... Okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×