Alkavian

A piece of unsolicited advice to the Devs.

32 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Damn, brother.  I love this fire from you.  Well said.  To the point.  I feel you are probably one of the voices from this forum that is heard by them so keep it up.  Tell it like it is.  

I try to be calm and cordial. Stupid shit causes my ex-Army to bubble to the surface.

tenor.gif?itemid=5432861

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

I don't like to say this but maybe its time  Gun can found a new dev partner , it would help the game . Illfonic  while being huge to development just sadly cant help them now. # Drop The Ill

Whoah, whoah hold it there.  I just received a warning for posting something similar.  So let me take a moment to say.....

Thanks for the warning!  I see that I was wrong.  And I apologize.  Starting now I will have nothing but good things to say about Illfonic and their upgrades and patches.?

So let me make amends by saying:  I love the upgrade!  Not being able to see things adds tons of mood and atmosphere!  Characters freezing and actions not working like you expect adds to the suspense!  Matches ending out of nowhere really keeps you guessing till the end!  It's thrilling!  In fact, I think Illfonic is probably one of the most talented teams out there today!  They have a bright future ahead!  I'm just happy I've had the pleasure to have bought and played one of their masterpieces!

As a matter of fact....anyone who criticizes them or their fine work needs to be banned from this site.  Seriously, I mean, they're just a small team!  And they are professionals.  And they are human beings.  Anyone who questions their abilities or work ethic is, well, just being mean and they should be banned.  

I look forward to more patches and upgrades!  Keep it up guys!  Excellent work!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You don't get my SYMPY at all!

Honestly, I can be patient.  I understand how small the team is and anyone thats done any kind of programming knows how annoying it is to fix bugs and a huge game like this, yeesh.  BUT... USING SIMULATION instead of actually playtesting to me, is completely baffling.  This MUST be the reason why all these issues comes up.  That has to end completely because it seems to have be making things worse and worse.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zmccain said:

Whoah, whoah hold it there.  I just received a warning for posting something similar.  So let me take a moment to say.....

Thanks for the warning!  I see that I was wrong.  And I apologize.  Starting now I will have nothing but good things to say about Illfonic and their upgrades and patches.?

So let me make amends by saying:  I love the upgrade!  Not being able to see things adds tons of mood and atmosphere!  Characters freezing and actions not working like you expect adds to the suspense!  Matches ending out of nowhere really keeps you guessing till the end!  It's thrilling!  In fact, I think Illfonic is probably one of the most talented teams out there today!  They have a bright future ahead!  I'm just happy I've had the pleasure to have bought and played one of their masterpieces!

As a matter of fact....anyone who criticizes them or their fine work needs to be banned from this site.  Seriously, I mean, they're just a small team!  And they are professionals.  And they are human beings.  Anyone who questions their abilities or work ethic is, well, just being mean and they should be banned.  

I look forward to more patches and upgrades!  Keep it up guys!  Excellent work!?

Thank You?-Confirmed Gun employee?

8 minutes ago, zmccain said:

Too bad it's...opposite day!!!

1 minute ago, Mawlock said:

Too bad it's...opposite day!!!

Yeah I guess The Gloved One is now a Dev for Gun .

1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

Games are like muscles; they need to be broken to become stronger.

MNtiImg.jpg

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, guitar.zombie said:

You don't get my SYMPY at all!

Honestly, I can be patient.  I understand how small the team is and anyone thats done any kind of programming knows how annoying it is to fix bugs and a huge game like this, yeesh.  BUT... USING SIMULATION instead of actually playtesting to me, is completely baffling.  This MUST be the reason why all these issues comes up.  That has to end completely because it seems to have be making things worse and worse.

Maybe Illfonic hired Scott Steiner to do the coding on this latest patch.

6 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Maybe Illfonic hired Scott Steiner to do the coding on this latest patch.

Maybe?  He seems pretty smart with his Steiner math:

Also... people would DEF not be bad mouthing this patch if he wrote it haha.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@zmccain being passive aggressive, in contrast isn't much better. Speak your mind but do so in a civilized manner. That is all that is asked. 

• Thanks 2

latest?cb=20160523200148

Well, the news about the IP battle swallowing up the F13 Game is out. Seems like a lot of folks are losing their minds and cashing in their chips. I figured it was probably only a matter of time before it occurred to someone that this game made a fair amount of money that someone might want to squabble about. Undoubtedly, this is a bit heart-wrenching for Devs and fans. No new content until the legal issues subside and get sorted. That could take a minute.....

I will say that I'm slightly happy with this turn around. Content can go on the back burner and hopefully bug issues can be sorted out with this game. Let's be real people...new content on an unpolished game won't keep folks around for long (we've already seen that strategy doesn't bode well over time). Content is only a band-aid. Wes and Co. seem to be still interested in putting forth Dedicated Servers on consoles, again not a game saving feature, but one that will be welcome. With the current player counts I doubt the servers will actually be tremendously expensive when compared to what they would have had to pay when the game launched. So here are a few things maybe the Dev team should focus down...since apparently the IP issues are putting other things in hiatus.

1. Fix bugs/glitches/exploits. Go full tilt and polish the game to a high shine. If it is going to survive, it needs this badly.

2. Go back and start re-vamping/re-designing things that got pushed out quickly at launch and were limited by budget constraints of the time. Perk system, abilities balance, new items in-game, and other things that could use some TLC. Don't waste the opportunity to polish and make the game (as it is) nicer. If the game is going to eventually die, so be it, but let it go out shining like the door of a whore house. All sparkle and rhinestones. If the IP issues get resolved, you'll have a great centerpiece to do a soft re-launch with new content. Make the game you wanted to make, and not the one time/budget forced you to compromise into.

3. Play test the changes. Get feedback from the community.

I'm not going to forecast an imminent game death (though it is a possible outcome). That largely depends on what the Devs do next. It's in your court guys. Sink or swim.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

latest?cb=20160523200148

Well, the news about the IP battle swallowing up the F13 Game is out. Seems like a lot of folks are losing their minds and cashing in their chips. I figured it was probably only a matter of time before it occurred to someone that this game made a fair amount of money that someone might want to squabble about. Undoubtedly, this is a bit heart-wrenching for Devs and fans. No new content until the legal issues subside and get sorted. That could take a minute.....

I will say that I'm slightly happy with this turn around. Content can go on the back burner and hopefully bug issues can be sorted out with this game. Let's be real people...new content on an unpolished game won't keep folks around for long (we've already seen that strategy doesn't bode well over time). Content is only a band-aid. Wes and Co. seem to be still interested in putting forth Dedicated Servers on consoles, again not a game saving feature, but one that will be welcome. With the current player counts I doubt the servers will actually be tremendously expensive when compared to what they would have had to pay when the game launched. So here are a few things maybe the Dev team should focus down...since apparently the IP issues are putting other things in hiatus.

1. Fix bugs/glitches/exploits. Go full tilt and polish the game to a high shine. If it is going to survive, it needs this badly.

2. Go back and start re-vamping/re-designing things that got pushed out quickly at launch and were limited by budget constraints of the time. Perk system, abilities balance, new items in-game, and other things that could use some TLC. Don't waste the opportunity to polish and make the game (as it is) nicer. If the game is eventually die, so be it, but let it go out shining like the door of a whore house. All sparkle and rhinestones. If the IP issues get resolved, you'll have a great centerpiece to do a soft re-launch with new content. Make the game you wanted to make, and not the one time/budget forced you to compromise into.

I'm not going to forecast an imminent game death (though it is a possible outcome). That largely depends on what the Devs do next. It's in your court guys. Sink or swim.

Well this post just made my day a little bit better on the forums.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JPops said:

@zmccain being passive aggressive, in contrast isn't much better. Speak your mind but do so in a civilized manner. That is all that is asked. 

Are you saying you detect sarcasm in my posts?  If so that would mean that you don't believe what I am saying is 100% true.  If you don't believe what I'm saying is true then that would mean you yourself are having negative thoughts about Illfonic and their capabilities.  So let me stop you right there before you post anything bad about Illfonic because you are obviously thinking it.  I would encourage you to reread the forum rules and regulations.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

latest?cb=20160523200148

2. Go back and start re-vamping/re-designing things that got pushed out quickly at launch and were limited by budget constraints of the time. Perk system, abilities balance, new items in-game, and other things that could use some TLC. Don't waste the opportunity to polish and make the game (as it is) nicer. If the game is eventually die, so be it, but let it go out shining like the door of a whore house. All sparkle and rhinestones. If the IP issues get resolved, you'll have a great centerpiece to do a soft re-launch with new content. Make the game you wanted to make, and not the one time/budget forced you to compromise into.

As always, very well said Alk.

This is really all it comes down to now. Are they gonna give us a game we can play while we wait for the possibility of new content down the line? Or will they just let it fizzle out and die?

It's 100% in their court. We'll be here to play the game, if it's functional. The game can even CONTINUE TO SELL MORE COPIES if they manage to do this in a timely manner. There's no reason why the game can't get the polish it sorely needs.

It's entirely up to the devs, though.

• Thanks 1

We aren’t getting  anything new...DO YOU GUYS NOT UNDERSTANT that we just read a farewell message .We aren’t even getting new councilor outfits and they are already in the challenge modes .

1 hour ago, TiffanyCakes said:

We aren’t going strong anything new...DO YOU GUYS NOT UNDERSTANT that we just read a farewell message .We aren’t even getting new councilor outfits and they are already in the challenge modes .

What you read was a placeholder message meant to be a catch-all if the legal wrangling does not pan out SOON.

The press release says:

" As many in our community may be aware, a legal claim has been made which could affect all future Friday the 13th intellectual property.

Although in the past the game has not been subject to any such claim, new content and material going forward will be affected. An initial decision in this case was expected in October 2017, but no decision has yet been issued. The court review of the legal rights is in process, but final resolution may take some time. Until the claim rights can be dismissed or resolved, no new content can be released. "

So in plain-speak, they could potentially still put out stuff in the future if the legal proceedings get solved, however they were supposed to get done back in October and remain open. GUN is covering their bases by not getting anyone's hopes up knowing full well that the game could die before they can get back to doing updates. They are saying their emotional piece upfront and letting the dice roll with the statement they will get Dedicated Servers up on consoles and keep the lights on as long as they can...

At this point they are rolling the perk lottery and hoping for something better than Legendary Aquanaut.

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

What you read was a placeholder message meant to be a catch-all if the legal wrangling does not pan out SOON.

The press release says:

" As many in our community may be aware, a legal claim has been made which could affect all future Friday the 13th intellectual property.

Although in the past the game has not been subject to any such claim, new content and material going forward will be affected. An initial decision in this case was expected in October 2017, but no decision has yet been issued. The court review of the legal rights is in process, but final resolution may take some time. Until the claim rights can be dismissed or resolved, no new content can be released. "

So in plain-speak, they could potentially still put out stuff in the future if the legal proceedings get solved, however they were supposed to get done back in October and remain open. GUN is covering their bases my not getting anyone's hopes up knowing full well that the game could die before they can get back to doing updates. They are saying their emotional piece upfront and letting the dice roll with the statement they will get Dedicated Servers up on consoles and keep the lights on as long as they can...

At this point they are rolling the perk lottery and hoping for something better than Legendary Aquanaut.

With our luck they'll end up with Legendary Easy Listening. ???

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

With our luck they'll end up with Legendary Easy Listening. ???

No doubt. I'm surprised I didn't get that one.

7 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

No doubt. I'm surprised I didn't get that one.

I did. Hahahahahaaaaaa

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

I did. Hahahahahaaaaaa

Ouch. Shitty luck bro.

I did get Heavy Mover...you know for when that door just absolutely has to get barricaded fast....I also got Heavy Sleeper...because....sleeping bags...and stuff.

Just now, Alkavian said:

Ouch. Shitty luck bro.

I did get Heavy Mover...you know for when that door just absolutely has to get barricaded fast....I also got Heavy Sleeper...because....sleeping bags...and stuff.

Oh.....I got Legendary Controlled Breathing too. I'm super lucky like that, homie. You didn't know?? Hahahahahaaaaaa

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Imminent death is just what I'm forecasting. No DLC = no revenue. No new players will be suddenly buying the game in droves, not in its broken state and especially not with zero content on the horizon. I can't imagine the sales they do get will be enough to keep supporting the game / paying staff, and whatever support they're planning will be the bare minimum in upcoming fixes (if there even are any). Financially there is just no reason for them to continue, as of today they cannot realistically make money off the game anymore.

If dedicated servers are indeed coming, they are only coming to be ready in place for supporting the next project (as absurd as that may sound right now). I don't believe there is any coming back from this, the game is done for good. Most we can hope for is that a final patch is released that will leave the game in an acceptable state.

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Imminent death is just what I'm forecasting. No DLC = no revenue.

They didn't have DLCs for months while the upgrade was pending. They haven't been charging for maps. Jasons have been unlocking for free. Aside from a couple kill packs, clothes, and a couple emotes, their revenue has been from sales. I can see them permanently dropping the price down to about $12.99 to encourage more sales.