Alkavian

A piece of unsolicited advice to the Devs.

This weekend was rather alarming and definitely a sign that the game is either dying, or already dead.

The biggest patch they've ever dropped only managed to get numbers back up to ~1100 on PC on its 1 year anniversary. I can't imagine consoles pulled much more, and I'm sure most of that was for SP Challenges too.

New engine = more cut animations and sounds? Seems efficient...If only it had fixed some bugs too. Driving the car is an actual death sentence now. They took the biggest bug people hated and somehow made it worse. That will immediately turn off anyone returning to give the game a second (or third, fourth, fifth) chance. Interaction bugs, especially with weapons, parts, and objectives are back with a vengeance. 

Sure, we can continue to tell the devs about each problem, while taking the time to produce and provide video. We can continue making detailed posts, breaking down problems and coming to logical solutions to said problems. We can all come together and tell the devs exactly what we'd like the game to be - and for the most part, I think there is a good general consensus on what that is - But it's really all for naught. These guys do what they wanna do, when they wanna do it.

If we don't like it, we just shouldn't buy (or in this case play) it. We'll just have to go make our own game...

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

This weekend was rather alarming and definitely a sign that the game is either dying, or already dead.

The biggest patch they've ever dropped only managed to get numbers back up to ~1100 on PC on its 1 year anniversary. I can't imagine consoles pulled much more, and I'm sure most of that was for SP Challenges too.

New engine = more cut animations and sounds? Seems efficient...If only it had fixed some bugs too. Driving the car is an actual death sentence now. They took the biggest bug people hated and somehow made it worse. That will immediately turn off anyone returning to give the game a second (or third, fourth, fifth) chance. Interaction bugs, especially with weapons, parts, and objectives are back with a vengeance. 

Sure, we can continue to tell the devs about each problem, while taking the time to produce and provide video. We can continue making detailed posts, breaking down problems and coming to logical solutions to said problems. We can all come together and tell the devs exactly what we'd like the game to be - and for the most part, I think there is a good general consensus on what that is - But it's really all for naught. These guys do what they wanna do, when they wanna do it.

If we don't like it, we just shouldn't buy (or in this case play) it. We'll just have to go make our own game...

Lol. Hey @wes, simple truth. If you're going to beg for donations for your "dream project" maybe you should be a little more beholden to the people that helped make this game happen.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

When I read that tweet, I laughed pretty hard.  It just further reinforces what we have been saying and what the few people who visited Gun said a while back.  They do not care what we have to say, what our ideas are, or what they promised to backers when they begged for funding.  They got their money, bought a bunch of fancy watches, gave each other a circle jerk, and pretty much forgot about the people who made/make it possible for them to even do this.  In the end, this is a big reason why F13 never became the game it should have been

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

We'll just have to go make our own game...

On it.

Being serious BTW. 

To the rest, yes. I've put more time in to QP this weekend than I have in months. It's broken to say the least. And the car glitch is absolutely worse, seems even having a pocket knife no longer saves you from it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Everyone who spent money on this game would serve themselves well by remembering this tweet the next time they see a game with a Gun Media logo slapped on it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Lol. Hey @wes, simple truth. If you're going to beg for donations for your "dream project" maybe you should be a little more beholden to the people that helped make this game happen.

I didn't want to post that tweet when I first read it. But the arrogance was just a little too much. He was clearly taking a jab at his own community. Not that I would really call it "his". But you get what I'm saying.

Wes is a hack. I know that term isn't often used in that context anymore (kids today call 'em phonies). But that's what he is. Ripped a bunch of shit off and couldn't get a team competent enough to code a decent game. Then they don't even know how to QA test.

Wes' excuse for all the weird graphical stuff happening is because it's a result of what happens when you render art into the new engine...So I guess they rendered, no one checked it, and they shipped it?

It's appauling that he thinks those are acceptable excuses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

I think Wes may have forgotten that although "Creators make what they want to make" and "It's their vision"..........when they campaign thru crowdfunding, it's OUR MONEY. Without US, his "vision" is just in his imagination and his wallet is still empty. How would he be able to buy all that mustache wax to upkeep his ridiculous hipster persona?? 😱

It's must be so great to be a big shot, tweeting shit that only makes him look like an asshole. I'm guessing it makes him feel..........presidential. 

Next thing you know he'll be tweeting "Look at all those dumbasses that I took money from. They think I owe them something."

Well........You do!!

Edit: I just figured out what BFV meant.

BFV= Broke Fucking Videogames

Edit #2: If that was him that put the "Like" on this because he thinks it's funny.............let me say thanks. At least I know when I try to do something, I can actually accomplish it properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

Everyone who spent money on this game would serve themselves well by remembering this tweet the next time they see a game with a Gun Media logo slapped on it.

Lol.  Already made a vow never to support them or Illfonic months and months ago.  Their reputation will forever be tarnished with this game they put out and continue to drive into the ground. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Edit #2: If that was him that put the "Like" on this because he thinks it's funny.............let me say thanks. At least I know when I try to do something, I can actually accomplish it properly.

No that was me

16 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

No that was me

Hahahahahaaaaaa

Ain't it sad that I automatically assumed it was him being a dick? It's probably because he's made himself out to be one.

Edit: I should be clear that it doesn't matter that he's talking about some other game. It's the way he's coming off to people. He needs to worry about sweeping his own porch before he starts bitch about the guys next door. The very people he's bitching about are more than likely the people he promised a working video game to...........and he's yet to deliver on that. #Clarification

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Well, he is referring to Battlefield 5 but it does offer an interesting insight into his own professional state of mind. He is right of course. Creators do make what THEY envision. I doubt Wes' vision is of a bug-riddled game suffering a slow death by a thousand cuts. Poor coding and inept business choices are handling that for him. His obstinate approach to things and thin-skin for criticism aren't helping his cause. 

3080--orig-2.gif I will give him props for his awesome villain mustache. 🤓

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Well, he is referring to Battlefield 5......

I do clarify that I know he's talking about a different game (though I didn't name it) and YES, it gives a lot of insight on what he (the Creator) thinks of us (forgetful players). Being a player, I'm guessing I'm also forgetful, so I'm gonna set a reminder on my phone to not buy Gun Media products.

And no.........fuck his shitty mustache. 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

And no.........fuck his shitty mustache. 🤣

WeeHighFairyfly-max-1mb.gif

Careful, a mustache like that could take offense. It might come looking for you and get twirled menacingly before something bad happens to you.....

9183e81db83ebfcebf6ddfcb4e757738.gif

I can handle business if that's what the mustache wants to do.....

Wholesale-3pcs-set-Razor-Disposable-Shav

(Hold on. Are we joking about a killer mustache coming for me or are you trying to say I'm about to be banned from the forum cause I said someone had shitty lip hair? Cause if it's the latter, I think that would prove exactly what kind of person wears that mustache.)

(This post is NOT, and should not be seen as, anything other than a joke about shaving a shitty mustache. I, in no way, mean any harm to the bearer of said shitty mustache)

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

@wes hypocritical criticism... Keep it coming! It's hysterical to read...

I guess you can now add that to your business model of "How to beg for People's money, and then! Make a half assed game based on the most beloved slasher franchise"...

@BrokenFattHardy His moustache ain't that bad...

Not as good as mine... But, still not bad.

4 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

@BrokenFattHardy His moustache ain't that bad...

Not as good as mine... But, still not bad.

I've got a really good answer for this but can't help but feel like it'll get me another warning. JPop gave me one already. Kodiak might give me another for rightfully calling a quitter (who bragged about quitting) a "d**kturd" .

It's like if you work for GM in any capacity, volunteer or paid employee, you must have thin skin, be easily shaken, protect the cheaters and above all else....... Censor!!

2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

(Hold on. Are we joking about a killer mustache coming for me or are you trying to say I'm about to be banned from the forum cause I said someone had shitty lip hair? Cause if it's the latter, I think that would prove exactly what kind of person wears that mustache.)

(This post is NOT, and should not be seen as, anything other than a joke about shaving a shitty mustache. I, in no way, mean any harm to the bearer of said shitty mustache)

The hilarity of you trying to clarify threatening an anthropomorphized villainous mustache with a safety razor over the person with said felonious facial hair is priceless. 😄

I think every reasonable person understands you dislike his cookie-duster.

I wouldn't bother tagging Wes guys. He hasn't been on the forums since April.

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

The hilarity of you trying to clarify threatening an anthropomorphized villainous mustache with a safety razor over the person with said felonious facial hair is priceless. 😄

I think every reasonable person understands you dislike his cookie-duster.

In all seriousness..... It's not a threat of anything violent. I thought it was hilarious that you said a giant mustache was coming for me.

6 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

In all seriousness..... It's not a threat of anything violent. I thought it was hilarious that you said a giant mustache was coming for me.

You'd shave it if he was passed out drunk at a party....you know you would.

True enough @TiffanyxAJ, but he'll see the tag the next time he logs in. By then we should be up to villainous stories about Wes' stache' to rival the Chuck Norris facts sheet.

9 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

I wouldn't bother tagging Wes guys. He hasn't been on the forums since April.

Nobody needs to tag anyone. We are just joking about a shitty mustache.

6 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

You'd shave it if he was passed out drunk at a party....you know you would.

With a dull butterknife 🤣

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Nobody needs to tag anyone. We are just joking about a shitty mustache.

With a dull butterknife 🤣

The natural life cycle and habitat of the villainous flavor-saver....

Shaving.gif

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

The natural life cycle and habitat of the villainous flavor-saver....

Shaving.gif

This makes me wanna shave my mustache with a shotgun. Hahahahahaaaaaa

(Serious question: Why is it nobody can take humor anymore? It's like everything has to be serious all the time.)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

(Serious question: Why is it nobody can take humor anymore? It's like everything has to be serious all the time.)

Not really sure. People are too sensitive nowadays and try to make too many things off limits to joke about. Plenty of things make me giggle that other people give me appalled expressions about. My time in the Army really made nothing sacred. Laughter is a stress reliever.

1 minute ago, BrokenGrabJsonOP said:

GRAB IS PERFECT NOW

Time to change your forum handle. LOL.