MASKOAA

Gun Media is doing an amazing job with the DLC. Stop complaining please.

62 posts in this topic

I'm copying a post I made on Steam.(Although I will say these forums seem less whiny)

Listen I get it....its easy to look at a DLC of a few kills and go... thats not worth 3 dollars...

Of course thats not worth 3 dollars but you are however leaving out the fact they aren't dividing the community with DLC, if this were a shooter the DLC would be 4 maps that come out every 3 months that you have to pay for....

We get the maps for free here...we get the new Jason's for free....we get the new counselors for free....hell we even got some emotes for free.....

The way they are doing DLC is how it should be done.....they give us the important stuff for free that way the community is not divided and then they offer up something small and non consequential to bring in some profit.

22 people like this

Before any negativity shows up, I'll step in and say "I like your post".

Don't forget to go to the introduction section and post in there.

4 people like this

Who cares about that the problem that GUN has done is ruin the game experience with this stupid patch. I bought the kills the clothes but I'm pissed that they would ruin Jason like that

3 people like this

Just now, Blackbird68 said:

Who cares about that the problem that GUN has done is ruin the game experience with this stupid patch. I bought the kills the clothes but I'm pissed that they would ruin Jason like that

I would say thats being dramatic in the last 4 times I've gotten to play as Jason since patch I did a clean swipe 3 times

1 person likes this

You're absolutely right. They have delivered some great content for free. I don't think anyone is denying that. Yeah, people are being pretty sarcastic about the costumes. But that's just an easy target. It was cheap and it's just a little thing. I bought them on two platforms (the kills too).

I think where people get upset at this point is that a lot of the stuff they're asking for hasn't been implemented.

So it's not so much a matter of having a problem with what has been given. Some people just expect more. I personally wish there was a higher emphasis on releasing maps. It's what will add the most variety to the game.

I get the strange feeling that OP is a gun media employee

3 people like this

9 minutes ago, 2fast4u said:

I get the strange feeling that OP is a gun media employee

I unload grocery trucks overnight for Wegmans......not quite the skill set for video game production.

3 people like this

Gun Media isn't doing a good job with Jason.

He's underpowered and can't even kill a full camp of teenage counselors.

1 person likes this

Just now, Mr. Blonde said:

Gun Media isn't doing a good job with Jason.

He's underpowered and can't even kill a full camp of teenage counselors.

I've done it since patch so have others on Youtube....he's not suppose to kill everyone every single time.

Just now, MASKOAA said:

I've done it since patch so have others on Youtube....he's not suppose to kill everyone every single time.

tumblr_ogus8hRvwr1udh5n8o1_500.gif

2 people like this

My take on the DLC is don't buy it if you don't like it. The game is there. You have a few dozen kills and a handful of outfits with the vanilla game. 

As far as the bitching and whining of "Jason being nerfed" that has infested this thread among most others. I went 8/8 last night. 3 traps. People just need to adapt. 

3 people like this

At the end of the day it's a multi-player video game.

Adjustments are being made, always read the patch notes to

see what they fixed. The only thing I see for me is disappearing doors 

when the game just started and that's it. Game-play mechanics will have certain restrictions.

If neither side can't win from time to time than whats the fun with that? I play counselors only really,

I only play Jason if I wanna let off steam. So I don't want to die every time for someone saying Jason should

always win or someone wanting that by assumptions. Also the game won't be so vanilla going past Christmas, please

pay attention to the road-map and share with people. Gun media may not have the time to update it but it is still valid.

DJy-mlCVAAAWe1-.jpg

2 hours ago, MASKOAA said:

I'm copying a post I made on Steam.(Although I will say these forums seem less whiny)

Listen I get it....its easy to look at a DLC of a few kills and go... thats not worth 3 dollars...

Of course thats not worth 3 dollars but you are however leaving out the fact they aren't dividing the community with DLC, if this were a shooter the DLC would be 4 maps that come out every 3 months that you have to pay for....

We get the maps for free here...we get the new Jason's for free....we get the new counselors for free....hell we even got some emotes for free.....

The way they are doing DLC is how it should be done.....they give us the important stuff for free that way the community is not divided and then they offer up something small and non consequential to bring in some profit.

They already did that with Savini Jason.

2 hours ago, MASKOAA said:

we get the new Jason's for free....we get the new counselors for free...

We get them free so far. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

I do hope they keep up the free content though.

I would rather pay for maps and new counselors, or kill pack with 1 for each Jason over 3 kills for 1 Jason I rarely use, or goofy Halloween costumes. I think that is all people are saying. I still have bought everything, and want to support this game as it is one of my favorites. However, in the future, I would prefer to spend money on the content that keeps me playing and makes it new and exciting, not cosmetics.

Ugzxyec.gif

12 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I would rather pay for maps and new counselors, or kill pack with 1 for each Jason over 3 kills for 1 Jason I rarely use, or goofy Halloween costumes. I think that is all people are saying. I still have bought everything, and want to support this game as it is one of my favorites. However, in the future, I would prefer to spend money on the content that keeps me playing and makes it new and exciting, not cosmetics.

Ugzxyec.gif

Your logic is flawed.....you could just pretend the dlc you bought was the maps. Your complaint is they charged for superficial stuff and gave you the meat and potatoes for free......well just pretend it was the other way around whats the difference its all in your head.

3 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

You're absolutely right. They have delivered some great content for free. I don't think anyone is denying that. Yeah, people are being pretty sarcastic about the costumes. But that's just an easy target. It was cheap and it's just a little thing. I bought them on two platforms (the kills too).

I think where people get upset at this point is that a lot of the stuff they're asking for hasn't been implemented.

So it's not so much a matter of having a problem with what has been given. Some people just expect more. I personally wish there was a higher emphasis on releasing maps. It's what will add the most variety to the game.

People forget good stuff takes time to be developed.

2 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

My take on the DLC is don't buy it if you don't like it. The game is there. You have a few dozen kills and a handful of outfits with the vanilla game. 

As far as the bitching and whining of "Jason being nerfed" that has infested this thread among most others. I went 8/8 last night. 3 traps. People just need to adapt. 

A lot of people forget about freedom of choice...

Adaptation would make things better if more people gave it a try.

29 minutes ago, MASKOAA said:

Your logic is flawed.....you could just pretend the dlc you bought was the maps. Your complaint is they charged for superficial stuff and gave you the meat and potatoes for free......well just pretend it was the other way around whats the difference its all in your head.

VHsoDnO.gif

First, you started a thread complaining about complainers in the title. Let's discuss flawed logic.

Second, don't worry princess, I have been pretending to do that. As well as others I know. However when the competition is putting out great doc, such as Freddy, and we are playing counselor dress up, which way will sales lean towards? I know in the past Gun said we will never have to pay for game use content, which is fantastic! But if they continue to put out silly content that even @Laphin mocks and makes him lose some interest, or at least pessimistic of the direction the game is taking, who will continue to buy it and support It? How will servers stay up? Employees get paid? New content created? It won't. So what I am proposing, and did propose, is why not charge for something people will want, like new kills for all Jason's, not one specific Jason.

So as @Risinggrave said, but it or don't. Well, in the future, if this is the available content, I will not purchase it. Others will end up not getting it. So what happens when it isn't being supported? Maybe a year left before they shut it down and move on to the next project.

I like the DLC model a lot. All major, game altering content has been free, and they charge for things like costume packs, emotes, and some kills. The prices are pretty low too, and the content is actually good. Most games would charge a lot more than $2 for 10 outfits for 10 different characters with colour options.

13 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Yes I need to adapt when this happens on top of grabs not grabbing. From a match I played last night. 

Clearly you can see that I swung through the AJ twice and I’m right on top of her. Happens with grab as well. Now some might say it has to do with where I’m looking on the screen with respect to where the counselor is positioned...

EDIT: Here’s the full clip (See below video description at bottom of post)

You might ask why am I on a hack and slash binge. Before this I attempted 5 grabs with no result and  naturally was beginning to get frustrated. So here we go: At 6 seconds I make a premature grab at Tommy assuming he will attempt to close in on me for a strike. He does not thus I am too far away for a successful grab (not a big deal).

At 9 seconds I take my first swing at Tommy and as you can see Jason lunges with the attack but I do not connect. In my opinion I believe Tommy is a little far away for contact so not much of an issue but given our relative positions and where my weapon arc passes it would seem as though he would have been hit. The following three attacks connect, pay attention to how close I am and where the counselor’s are. The first two attacks strike both of them. The third attack hits Tommy and crippled him. AJ appears to be crippled from the second attack. Tommy leaves and AJ stays.

At 23 seconds my swing is circumvented by the wall even though AJ is in front of me. I saw the firecrackers coming but knew if I struck her she was dead. At 31 seconds I swing near the end of the hall assuming AJ will be passing by to make an escape out the front door. She moves off to the right in an attempt to attack but it takes her in the wrong direction. After this you can see the events of the first clip I posted.

I attempt to swing at 38 seconds but my attack is blocked by the furniture near the couch stopping my swing even though from my camera angle it would seem as though there are no obstacles in my arc. At this point I’m trying to figure out where I need to orientate myself to land a hit and in that time I am struck and knocked down.

At 56 seconds my attack is negated by the door jam despite AJ being in front of me. I follow up with a successful grab and the rest is history. 

I'll never complain about the DLC for this game. Gun is doing it right. Maps, new Jasons, etc. are free, and only the dinky little things like swimsuits cost, and they're cheap AF. That's the way it should be. Right on, Gun Media.

2 people like this

I've been playing video games since I could hold an Atari paddle, been waiting for a game like this for quite some time now. This game is alot of fun when it works, and I like the dlc thus far. Sure I want more, don't we all? But I gotta say I like the fact they are trying to work with the player base, might not always work but they TRY. I don't care about going 8/8 as long as I'm having fun, and the grab/trap nerf has not bothered me as it only requires some evolution in Jason play. I think this game is badass and it will only get better as it goes along, I for one will buy dlc in the form of Halloween costumes and kill packs for specific Jasons as long as they make em because I'm a fan of the franchise, not because they are game changing elements.

1 person likes this

Scroll up two posts to my reply above and view the clips regarding inoperative melee attacks. I have a clip from same match before the slasher onslaught of failed grabs where at least 2 or 3 out of five should have landed. I’d like to see what others have to say about the obvious clipping and unregistered hits. 

5 hours ago, MASKOAA said:

I wish they were out in Australia but on Monday it will be