andtodayidied

PARANOIA

183 posts in this topic

It doesn't look like Roy's mask at the end. He doesn't have a blue chevron above the eyes from the movie.

I'm starting to think this is a game mode without his appearance. Also at 18 seconds you sort of see someone getting killed in the background by someone of the same height.

In-game chat must be disabled for sure with no walkie-talkies.

I also don't understand how you can stop people from sticking together in a group which will make it extremely difficult to nigh on impossible for the killer to evade detection. Though obviously this has been well thought out and addressed in the design stage. Will be interesting to see how they have gotten around this issue.

Although...thinking about it, I'm now thinking this could be a single player mode. With one of the AI counselors being an undetected killer. 

8 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

It doesn't look like Roy's mask at the end. He doesn't have a blue chevron above the eyes from the movie.

I'm starting to think this is a game mode without his appearance. Also at 18 seconds you sort of see someone getting killed in the background by someone of the same height.

It looks more like part 8 Jason's mask.

My assumption is:

-P5 Roy will be added to Normal mode

-The P8 blue Chevron Mask will be the Roy inspired Jason used in this new mode.

You play as a random counselor that can change into any counselor at will. When you want to kill, you turn into the P8 Blue Roy inspired Jason to attack.

Then go back to random counselor after.

This puts Roy in the game, makes the mystery killer thing possible, all while still allowing the Paranoia killer to be unique and "Not Roy" so it makes sense.

So Chad can be the killer and have his own unique Jason look that's P8 with blue Chevrons like Roy was P3 with blue Chevrons, while still being an omage to Roy and keep his identity as the killer concealed all at the same time.

They just need to turn player names off during the match and not show which counselor each player is playing. Do tgat along with the random counselor morph ability and you have a fairly solid way of keeping the killers identity a secret in an online multiplayer game where everyone will be just waiting to find an identifiable way to shout over the mic who the killer is.

Voice and Walkie chat wouldn't affect the mode in this case.

3 people like this

1 minute ago, ikarikh said:

My assumption is:

You play as a random counselor that can change into any counselor at will. When you want to kill, you turn into the P8 Blue Roy inspired Jason to attack.

This puts Roy in the game, makes the mystery killer thing possible, all while still allowing the Paranoia killer to be unique and "Not Roy" so it makes sense.

So Chad can be the killer and have his own unique Jason look that's P8 with blue Chevrons like Roy was P3 with blue Chevrons, while still being an omage to Roy and keep his identity as the killer concealed all at the same time.

They just need to turn player names off during the match and not show which counselor each player is playing. Do tgat along with the random counselor morph ability and you have a fairly solid way of keeping the killers identity a secret in an online multiplayer game where everyone will be just waiting to find an identifiable way to shout over the mic who the killer is.

That's pretty brilliant. Good ideas.

It's most definitely a "part 5" gamemode. Town of Salem / Mafia / Werewolves style. Not sure how it's supposed to work exactly, but I'm sure that's what it is. And P5 would allow it.

As long as we get singleplayer first, I'm fine with this gamemode.

To be frank, this could actually be better than the main game mode... which is sad...

It appears to me that Roy will be whatever councillor is chosen to be the hidden Jason. It sure does remind me of the thing lol.  Would be creepy and I love the idea.  If you can get by killing someone in the next room undetected by the other player or players in the same cabin that would be solo scary.  Love the idea. 

Funny that a title called "Paranoia" is making so many paranoid of what's to come.

30 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

My assumption is:

I hope we get a MP part 5 Roy and this game mode too and that it leads the way to Pamela.

The trailer seems to me to imply that in the new game mode, instead of seven counselors and one Jason, it's eight counselors...and one of them can turn into Roy Burns with hockey mask. Like Deceit or Trouble in Terrorist Town. I love games like that so I hope I'm correct.

1 minute ago, Redcat345 said:

I hope we get a MP part 5 Roy and this game mode too and that it leads the way to Pamela.

Hope this mode leads to the potential for Pamela also. MP Roy and the 2 for this mode. Great ideas ikarikh, would be cool if that's what it turns out being.

The problem I have is that hockey mask at the end of the trailer does NOT resemble Roy's. 

Roy's mask had the bigger blue chevron bellow the eyes and nothing above the eyes. That mask in the trailer looks too much like Part 8 mask in blue.

If Roy is in it I'm sure they would have shown him, just like Part 4 unvealing, but they did not.

Don't get me wrong. I'll love to have Roy Jason as another Jason in normal MP mode. I just don't think this is it. There are already a lot of suggestions how to put him in and it shouldnt be hard. Ambulance in place of Jason shack and stunning him would require either the bloody towel of his son, someone wearing his partner clothes or his wallet with his son picture.

1 person likes this

Realistically, it's going to be one counsellor versus the rest as opposed to counsellors transforming into Roy before they kill someone. 1. Transforming into another character every 2 minutes doesn't sound viable, and 2. It'd be more suspenseful to be running around not knowing which normal looking counsellor is about to swing for you. If you see Roy coming, you can be like "well shit, got to go".

I'm very curious as to how this is going to work, but I think it all but confirms that Roy will not be the killer.

1 hour ago, ikarikh said:

My assumption is:

I'm imagining something similar to Team Fortress 2's Spy class, specifically using the "Your Eternal Reward" knife.

To better explain, the knife "Your Eternal reward" prevents the spy from having a disguise, however, a successful backstab is 100% silent and leaves no body, and worse yet, the spy becomes the person he stabbed.

I imagine that you'll end up doing the same thing; when you kill someone successfully with a "secret" kill, you become them and no one is the wiser.

35 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I'm imagining something similar to Team Fortress 2's Spy class, specifically using the "Your Eternal Reward" knife.

To better explain, the knife "Your Eternal reward" prevents the spy from having a disguise, however, a successful backstab is 100% silent and leaves no body, and worse yet, the spy becomes the person he stabbed.

I imagine that you'll end up doing the same thing; when you kill someone successfully with a "secret" kill, you become them and no one is the wiser.

i think its good but not the take the apparance , i prefer than a counselor is the killer with his own apparance 

The ability to be a hidden/imposter killer is the ode to Roy. That's why we see a part 8 mask, with a blue chevron. I don't think it's specifically gonna be Roy.

hopefully i will finally be able to kill people who took my counselor 

The hashtag is "WhoisFive" and there is a picture of a (incorrect) hockey mask with blue markings at the end and the mode is called "Paranoia"...

Are people really confused about what the mode is going to entail? Because it seems pretty obvious to me. The only question I have is whether or not, once the cat is out of the bag and the killer is revealed, their appearance will change to look like Roy or not.

*fingers crossed that it does*

18 minutes ago, Skynyrd said:

The ability to be a hidden/imposter killer is the ode to Roy. That's why we see a part 8 mask, with a blue chevron. I don't think it's specifically gonna be Roy.

I think everyone is missing the fact that it flashes between having the blue marks and NOT having the blue marks. That is the biggest hint that it's "kinda sorta" Roy but totally not.QXrv8WW.gif

Oh boy. This is gonna be a weird one.

Hopefully they can pull it off. This is essentially a TTT (which I love) or clue mode for F13. Normally I'd be against it but hell I'll take anything to freshen up the game at this point.

I'll hold all final opinions until I'm hands on with it. Just please don't let that mask be final.

1 person likes this

The best scenario consists of two outcomes, imo.

1) A straight-up playable Roy for normal matches.

2) In paranoia matches, the rogue counselor gets a blue chevron mask that they have to put on in order to activate "killer" mode. You get to execute the concept of Roy by doing this without actually having to come up with some sort of mechanic where the counselor's entire appearance changes. 

1 person likes this

Remember when people speculated the dots were host migration? Good times.