andtodayidied

PARANOIA

183 posts in this topic

I was just about to post. Is this the single player mode? Also, i don't understand what the purpose of the game mode is supposed to be.. are you like a counselor that doesn't know Jason has killed everyone already and you show up later and start discovering dead bodies? Is the Blue dot indicating that you are one person and seven are dead? I need answers people!

2 minutes ago, andtodayidied said:

someone get it and explain it to me like what is this is it roy ? a counselor being jason ? 

Cool trailer 

Vague with not much info leading to confusion 

Coming Soon ✓

It's based on this: http://fridaythe13th.wikia.com/wiki/Friday_The_13th:_The_Computer_Game

In that version of the game,"Jason is a normal player moving around the game until he attacks or is attacked."

Until we get something that clears this up better...

2 people like this

My assumptions on what it is...

8 counselors. 1 is the murderer / Roy in the match. The other 7 need to figure out who it is and escape or stop them.

1 person likes this

Cant watch the video right now but I suspect that it will play like a normal game except one counselor will be the "killer" and no one else will know who it is.

8 dots=8 counselors. Multiple images of the dots in the past showed differnt dots (meaning different dots are different counselors) who happen to be the same colors as the marks on Roy’s hockey mask. So...someone is Roy, and everyone else has to figure out who it is, and either defeat/survive or escape him. 

90% of people on social media right now:

"IT'S PAMELA!"

"IS THIS PAMELA?"

"PAMELA MODE"

Who cares they need to fix the issues they messed up with on the last patch

1 person likes this

I bet a random counselor is picked as the killer, when they are found out they become Roy?

of course being found out as the killer wouldn’t be very difficult...

The insightful fellow I linked below, managed to call this a while back. I'm too busy, can someone else organize his parade?

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, Gdain said:

I bet a random counselor is picked as the killer, when they are found out they become Roy?

Lumi  Blue Waffles is going to love this.

1 person likes this

I love Suspiria. Somehow my copy on DVD disappeared. Intrigued by the trailer though. I wonder at this point if the blue dot merely hints at an imposter, not specifically Roy, per se. As we know part 4 just came out, and V is the Roman numeral for five highlighted in the #whoisfiVe. Seems like things may continue in order thematically even if Roy himself is not included.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

I wonder at this point if the blue dot merely hints at an imposter, not specifically Roy, per se. 

That's what I'm thinking too...

Not expecting a new Jason for this.

Also,kinda far along in the road map to be calling this "SOON",isn't it?

Think it sounds a great idea...wondering how a counselor can be Roy though? Roy's a middle aged man who works as an ambulance driver...not a teen partying at camp. 

If they pull it off...could be superb. 

1 person likes this

Not bad.

I like the idea.

BUT

There will still be people who want to play as ROY in the standard game mode. Though, I like the idea of making the killer unknown, which matches Part 5 and Part 1.

Though...I suppose this probably does seal Pamela's fate as a killer down the line (if it wasn't already), because this mode is essentially the original Friday the 13th.

33 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

90% of people on social media right now:

"IT'S PAMELA!"

"IS THIS PAMELA?"

"PAMELA MODE"

Everyone wish's , but sadly not  :( 

I don't think it's Pamela. It's something related to Part V, because of the #whoisfiVe.

2 people like this

I believe that this mode is firmly related to Part V/Roy, but that it could lead the way to Pamela in the future:

Now that you're thinking how we think, are you starting to see how difficult it would be to add Pamela as a playable character? When the level is created to make Jason's abilities shine and heighten tension as a counselor...how do you create a killer with NEW abilities? And Pamela's abilities would need to be grounded in "real life". She's a real person after all. Unhinged, but real. Nonetheless, I hope you're starting to see how much work it would be to add her. We would need a new abilities system just for her. We would need a new map, just for her. We would need to balance her abilities against the counselors abilities to make sure no one gets too much of an upper-hand. It makes my head spin to think about it.

1 person likes this

Whatever it is, im excited about it and hopefully this is not full of bugs or something else thats gonna ruin it. Can't wait, just the soon(tm) is gonna tilt me

I'm kinda disappointed. I rather have Roy as his own Jason in the regular mode.

1 person likes this

Very cool. I agree with what most others are speculating. Similar to THE THING, in style. Hopefully the player of Roy turns into Roy eventually, so we get to see him.

Anyway, this is a pretty smart solution to the "Roy isn't Jason, what about the sweater" problem.

2 people like this