REO

New Realism / Hardcore Mode - PLEASE VOTE!

Should there be a new Game Mode added in the form of a Realism / Hardcore mode?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a new Game Mode added in the form of a Realism / Hardcore mode?

Immersion never left me it's fine and dandy. The idea is splendid to implement, I would give this a go with the handicap.

I don't think I'd play it, not unless there were 'hardcore' disadvantages added to the Jason side as well, but if others would enjoy it, by all means.  I suspect it wouldn't be terribly popular tho.  I still think adding game options to private games so people can customize their experience and alter/handicap the game however they like would be the better route.

Oh shoot I thought this was another hardcore thread that wanted to strip Jason of all four of his abilities and traps, so I voted no. Your ideas are excellent. I should’ve read before voting.

25 minutes ago, Strangefate said:

I don't think I'd play it, not unless there were 'hardcore' disadvantages added to the Jason side as well, but if others would enjoy it, by all means.  I suspect it wouldn't be terribly popular tho.  I still think adding game options to private games so people can customize their experience and alter/handicap the game however they like would be the better route.

That's definitely the best way to go about it. Toggles for just about everything in Private Matches.

I Voted No only because I think the new paranoia mode will take care of the realism mode of it.  Even hardcore if the hidden killer is a really good one ;)

I'm genuinely not surprised to see this thread.

The new patch killed the excitement. This seems a little extreme though. The first few are hardcore! lol

Otherwise, I like it.

If you really wanted to make it hardcore.

Jason is in Perma Stalk mode for the first 10 minutes of the match-meaning you never see/hear him coming and no visual/audio cues for when he shifts/morphs.  Can you Imagine just like repairing a car then all the sudden after you finish you turn around and see Jason right in your face.

Kind of like the movies too, you dont really SEE Jason until its down to the final victims :P

5 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

If you really wanted to make it hardcore.

Jason is in Perma Stalk mode for the first 10 minutes of the match-meaning you never see/hear him coming and no visual/audio cues for when he shifts/morphs.  Can you Imagine just like repairing a car then all the sudden after you finish you turn around and see Jason right in your face.

Kind of like the movies too, you dont really SEE Jason until its down to the final victims :P

When I first started playing this game I always thought Stalk should've come first and Sense last. It probably would've precluded all these wussy 'It's not fair!' complaints. lol

8 hours ago, REO said:

New Realism / Hardcore Mode: (New Game Mode for F13)

• Minimap for players on the bottom right is disabled
  • Any perks equipped to counselors are disabled and not active.
  • You will not be able to tell who is dead or not when pulling up the player scoreboard (death screams in game will still be heard)
  • Pulling up the map will not update what objectives have been complete or are currently in progress.
  • Counselors can no longer check their map to find the location of Repair Parts that have been dropped.
  • Music sound queue for Jason is disabled until you (or someone) spot him or see him in your sights / screen visual radius
  • Fog will shift in and out during certain areas making surroundings slightly more ambiguous.
  • The closest power generator to the phone now needs to be ON or repaired in addition to the phone box in order to call the police.
  • When counselors "stumble", they now lose 10% of their stamina.
  • Counselors can no longer escape the main road exits with the car when driving in REVERSE, and must turn around and go forward with the car to successfully escape.
  • The car now permanently breaks and cannot be used after FIVE times of Jason smashing the car.
  • Throwing Knives by Jason can now head shot counselors which will put them instantly in a crippled state
  • Throwing Knives by Jason are now unblockable and cannot be blocked by a counselor that is in combat stance guarding.

Make the car disabled after one smashing by Jason. He's a killing legend after all.

8 hours ago, matisangry said:

the only thing i'd be on the fence about is escaping in reverse. i mean, it IS possible. 

two things i would add:

- jason can remove barricades from the inside without breaking doors down

- jumping from a second story window is instant death. 

I agree with driving in reverse. It is possible.

7 hours ago, Trident77 said:

First off, I would love to see a "hardcore" mode of sorts, but it feels like this is a knee-jerk reaction to the latest patch. Making something more challenging doesn't always mean it will be more fun. You could be playing a game of chess in a house that's been set on fire, and while that certain amps up the challenge it would definitely not be fun for the two people inside (I could already imagine this being in a Saw movie).

I don't want to start calling out some of these people's ideas out here, but quite frankly this is good ol' fashioned casul-bashing; I saw this a lot in the Dark Souls series. Friday the 13th is by far a less serious game, and it's campy by nature.

If anything, it should just be made more challenging by taking away some things that are taken for granted in-game, and I would only support a hardcore mode so long as it doesn't make the game a more frustrating experience rather than challenging. Some ideas I have would be this:

• Counselors will not start the match with a flashlight (unless you use a perk for it). They are common finds in drawers like maps/walkie-talkies.
  • If you're not standing in an external light source you cannot see the large map when you bring it up. This can be countered by turning your flashlight on, but you have to find one first. It doesn't really make sense how a counselor can read a map in a dark forest without light.
  • The mini-map disappears at Stage 3 fear (the penultimate stage before your counselors become completely hysterical where you normally would lose the mini-map).

To make this mode feasible, it could give a small EXP and/or CP bonus at the end of the match for playing a more difficult game mode.

Counselors should start with items only if a perk would permit it. Otherwise, hardcore mode should be on-site procurement of items only.

7 hours ago, va_ghost said:

I also have no desire for a single player mode.  There are much better things out there to play as a solo project.  BUT - the gist of what you state is "if you don't like my opinion go away" on a POLL post.

Poll:

Noun:  the process of voting in an election.

Verb:  record the opinion or vote of.

I don't want them to waste valuable developmental time on a mode (as described) very very few will play.  Taking away everything in the tool-chest of counselors but letting Jason stay the same.  Good luck with that. 

Hardcore mode should be hardcore mode.  Not cripple one side but leave me alone mode. 

Hardcore mode could wait until other stuff is done.

4 hours ago, Strangefate said:

I agree with you that hardcore mode should affect both sides, to keep things balanced. If you take away from the counselors, take away from Jason as well. This, like a lot of suggestions, could be made a series of options for private matches.

An addition to this mode I would make is that stuff only appears on your map as you come into visual range of it. This could include the vehicles, power boxes, bodies, parts, etc.

On 10/27/2017 at 5:36 PM, REO said:

Hello all. It would be amazing if Friday the 13th could have a new additional game mode called "Realism" or "Hardcore" mode where Jason is a very scary threat and surviving as counselor's is a satisfying challenge. It's been something my group of friends and I want so bad for this game, and it would be the one mode we would never get tired of playing! We don't like how frustrating and clunky it feels playing as Jason now, while also being a little too common to survive and escape with counselors. This mode would be absolutely loved and incredible for the more hardcore players! 

New Realism / Hardcore Mode: (New Game Mode for F13)

• Minimap for players on the bottom right is disabled
  • Any perks equipped to counselors are disabled and not active.
  • You will not be able to tell who is dead or not when pulling up the player scoreboard (death screams in game will still be heard)
  • Pulling up the map will not update what objectives have been complete or are currently in progress.
  • Counselors can no longer check their map to find the location of Repair Parts that have been dropped.
  • Music sound queue for Jason is disabled until you (or someone) spot him or see him in your sights / screen visual radius
  • Fog will shift in and out during certain areas making surroundings slightly more ambiguous.
  • The closest power generator to the phone now needs to be ON or repaired in addition to the phone box in order to call the police.
  • When counselors "stumble", they now lose 10% of their stamina.
  • Counselors can no longer escape the main road exits with the car when driving in REVERSE, and must turn around and go forward with the car to successfully escape.
  • The car now permanently breaks and cannot be used after FIVE times of Jason smashing the car.
  • Throwing Knives by Jason can now head shot counselors which will put them instantly in a crippled state
  • Throwing Knives by Jason are now unblockable and cannot be blocked by a counselor that is in combat stance guarding.

Please vote if you agree there should be a more challenging mode to play with friends and other like minded players!

I really like these ideas, but i also think there should be something to nerf Jason a little too.

Maybe no sound pings or no sense to  make it slightly more challenging for Jason players too.

Now some may argue that people will just hide, which is true. But i think there should be no time limit in this mode.You either escape, kill Jason or you die. Jason is not on a time limit when killing people , so surviving for 20 minutes in a Hardcore mode is BS in my view.

It will encourage people to work objectives because you can't win by seeing out the limit. And for trolls who think they can hide to draw the game out, maybe give Jason his full abilities after the usual 20 minutes so he can sense hiders.