REO

New Realism / Hardcore Mode - PLEASE VOTE!

Should there be a new Game Mode added in the form of a Realism / Hardcore mode?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a new Game Mode added in the form of a Realism / Hardcore mode?

Hello all. It would be amazing if Friday the 13th could have a new additional game mode called "Realism" or "Hardcore" mode where Jason is a very scary threat and surviving as counselor's is a satisfying challenge. It's been something my group of friends and I want so bad for this game, and it would be the one mode we would never get tired of playing! We don't like how frustrating and clunky it feels playing as Jason now, while also being a little too common to survive and escape with counselors. This mode would be absolutely loved and incredible for the more hardcore players! 

New Realism / Hardcore Mode: (New Game Mode for F13)

• Minimap for players on the bottom right is disabled
  • Any perks equipped to counselors are disabled and not active.
  • You will not be able to tell who is dead or not when pulling up the player scoreboard (death screams in game will still be heard)
  • Pulling up the map will not update what objectives have been complete or are currently in progress.
  • Counselors can no longer check their map to find the location of Repair Parts that have been dropped.
  • Music sound queue for Jason is disabled until you (or someone) spot him or see him in your sights / screen visual radius
  • Fog will shift in and out during certain areas making surroundings slightly more ambiguous.
  • The closest power generator to the phone now needs to be ON or repaired in addition to the phone box in order to call the police.
  • When counselors "stumble", they now lose 10% of their stamina.
  • Counselors can no longer escape the main road exits with the car when driving in REVERSE, and must turn around and go forward with the car to successfully escape.
  • The car now permanently breaks and cannot be used after FIVE times of Jason smashing the car.
  • Throwing Knives by Jason can now head shot counselors which will put them instantly in a crippled state
  • Throwing Knives by Jason are now unblockable and cannot be blocked by a counselor that is in combat stance guarding.

Please vote if you agree there should be a more challenging mode to play with friends and other like minded players!

• Like 2

Love all your ideas. I voted yes.

But this is the third hardcore mode topic that's popped up in two days. It's getting kind of redundant.

• Like 1

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Love all your ideas. I voted yes.

But honestly this is the third hardcore mode topic that's popped up in three days. It's getting kind of redundant.

Sorry, I had no clue.

I guess many players feel the same about wanting an extra game mode which is exciting!

Just now, REO said:

Sorry, I had no clue.

I guess many players feel the same about wanting an extra game mode which is exciting!

It's all good! Your topic has more to discuss in it anyways.

Lots of us have been clamoring for a mode like this even before release. Hopefully they'll implement it in some way soon.

9 minutes ago, REO said:

Hello all. It would be amazing if Friday the 13th could have a new additional game mode called "Realism" or "Hardcore" mode where Jason is a very scary threat and surviving as counselor's is a satisfying challenge. It's been something my group of friends and I want so bad for this game, and it would be the one mode we would never get tired of playing! We don't like how frustrating and clunky it feels playing as Jason now, while also being a little too common to survive and escape with counselors. This mode would be absolutely loved and incredible for the more hardcore players! 

New Realism / Hardcore Mode: (New Game Mode for F13)

• Minimap for players on the bottom right is disabled
  • Any perks equipped to counselors are disabled and not active.
  • You will not be able to tell who is dead or not when pulling up the player scoreboard (death screams in game will still be heard)
  • Pulling up the map will not update what objectives have been complete or are currently in progress.
  • Counselors can no longer check their map to find the location of Repair Parts that have been dropped.
  • Music sound queue for Jason is disabled until you (or someone) spot him or see him in your sights / screen visual radius
  • Fog will shift in and out during certain areas making surroundings slightly more ambiguous.
  • The closest power generator to the phone now needs to be ON or repaired in addition to the phone box in order to call the police.
  • When counselors "stumble", they now lose 10% of their stamina.
  • Counselors can no longer escape the main road exits with the car when driving in REVERSE, and must turn around and go forward with the car to successfully escape.
  • The car now permanently breaks and cannot be used after FIVE times of Jason smashing the car.
  • Throwing Knives by Jason can now head shot counselors which will put them instantly in a crippled state
  • Throwing Knives by Jason are now unblockable and cannot be blocked by a counselor that is in combat stance guarding.

Please vote if you agree there should be a more challenging mode to play with friends and other like minded players!

I love this idea! Perfect!!!!!!

First of all there is no reason why this game shouldnt have more game modes...

Second of all there should really be a Hardcore mode to appeal to the player base that wants a bigger challenge and it would be fun without harming or affecting the other players who don't want their game to be harder.

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

As if playing as Jason wasn't easy enough...

We get it, you play a counselor. And not a good one at that.

• Like 1

i dig it.

the only thing i'd be on the fence about is escaping in reverse. i mean, it IS possible. 

two things i would add:

- jason can remove barricades from the inside without breaking doors down

- jumping from a second story window is instant death. 

2 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

We get it, you play a counselor. And not a good one at that.

My god...you are one special little guy aren't you?

I'm saying I think it's already too easy to play as Jason. This mode would make it ridiculously easy, unless he's offering some sort of "Hardcore" elements to Jason too, which he didn't do.

Come back when your reading comprehension is up to par.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

As if playing as Jason wasn't easy enough...

I do really hope you're trolling

EDIT: Guess not from above post LMAO

Realism for BOTH sides? Never mind, only things that affect counselors.

Have fun in empty lobbies. 

Realism for both sides maybe - but this is all a daydream for people who just want to play Jason.

No predator vision - no carrying numerous traps in those slacks pockets.  

No sound cues for Jason.

I'm FOR something like it if its two sided, but not just something to make hunting counselors a cakewalk. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, va_ghost said:

Realism for BOTH sides? 

If you want a challenge for Jason and easier for counselor's just play the regular game mode ???

2 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

I do really hope you're trolling

EDIT: Guess not from above post LMAO

Not trolling in the least. Playing as Jason is really easy for the most part. The onus is entirely on the counselors to do something. If they don't, it's really easy.

This mode would make it hard to do very much effectively, and Jason has no "Hardcore" elements and has all the same power he has now.

Doesn't really make the game difficult for Jason, does it? You'd have to apply something to Jason to make it feel like a Hardcore mode for him too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Not trolling in the least. Playing as Jason is really easy for the most part. The onus is entirely on the counselors to do something. If they don't, it's really easy.

This mode would make it hard to do very much effectively, and Jason has no "Hardcore" elements and has all the same power he has now.

Doesn't really make the game difficult for Jason, does it? You'd have to apply something to Jason to make it feel like a Hardcore mode for him too.

Think he's talking about hardcore mode for counselors, which I'd welcome fully especially with how pathetically easy it is to escape now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, va_ghost said:

Realism for both sides maybe - but this is all a daydream for people who just want to play Jason.

i actually prefer being a counselor to jason and i'd play this mode. 

realism can't apply to jason since a jason doesn't exist in reality. 

i think a mode like this would work as an option for private matches but maybe not so much in public lobbies. 

I think in Private match you should be able to customize anything you want for counselors or jason.

Counselors:

1. No parts on map
  2. No progress of objectives
  3. No Med Spray
  4. No reversing through exits
  5. Should be able to pick which objectives are even there (To customize for if you have less people in lobby perhaps)
  6. etc

Jason:

1. No Sense
  2. No Stalk
  3. No Music
  4. No Traps
  5. No Kills(Only slash)
  6. etc

It should honestly just allow for customization in Private lobbies and people who have a group they play with regularly can just do Private  

And for Public Lobbies there should be something that you can choose whether you are casual or hardcore player
Casual players will be grouped together and have similar skill levels and same for hardcore players, you'd be playing against better Jason players and counselors but nothing about the game would change for Public

Edited by PsychBam

24 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

Think he's talking about hardcore mode for counselors, which I'd welcome fully especially with how pathetically easy it is to escape now.

What platform are you on? Come play with the club, where Jason players are experienced and see if that holds true.

First off, I would love to see a "hardcore" mode of sorts, but it feels like this is a knee-jerk reaction to the latest patch. Making something more challenging doesn't always mean it will be more fun. You could be playing a game of chess in a house that's been set on fire, and while that certain amps up the challenge it would definitely not be fun for the two people inside (I could already imagine this being in a Saw movie).

I don't want to start calling out some of these people's ideas out here, but quite frankly this is good ol' fashioned casul-bashing; I saw this a lot in the Dark Souls series. Friday the 13th is by far a less serious game, and it's campy by nature.

If anything, it should just be made more challenging by taking away some things that are taken for granted in-game, and I would only support a hardcore mode so long as it doesn't make the game a more frustrating experience rather than challenging. Some ideas I have would be this:

• Counselors will not start the match with a flashlight (unless you use a perk for it). They are common finds in drawers like maps/walkie-talkies.
  • If you're not standing in an external light source you cannot see the large map when you bring it up. This can be countered by turning your flashlight on, but you have to find one first. It doesn't really make sense how a counselor can read a map in a dark forest without light.
  • The mini-map disappears at Stage 3 fear (the penultimate stage before your counselors become completely hysterical where you normally would lose the mini-map).

To make this mode feasible, it could give a small EXP and/or CP bonus at the end of the match for playing a more difficult game mode.

Why are people coming in this thread stating things like "NO, DONT LIKE! TOO HARD !!!" when that is supposed to be the whole point of the mode and its supposed to be for THE HARD CORE PLAYERS that want a challenge just like in the movies!

If you don't like it or think its too hard, then dont play it and play the other modes. Simple...

Dont ruin it for other players that want this mode in the game just because YOU DONT WANT IT.

I'm sure Devs will put in single player mode even though (me & some of my friends) won't bother with it but you dont see me going into single player mode request threads yelling "DO NOT WANT".

7 minutes ago, Trident77 said:

First off, I would love to see a "hardcore" mode of sorts, but it feels like this is a knee-jerk reaction to the latest patch. Making something more challenging doesn't always mean it will be more fun. You could be playing a game of chess in a house that's been set on fire, and while that certain amps up the challenge it would definitely not be fun for the two people inside (I could already imagine this being in a Saw movie).

I don't want to start calling out some of these people's ideas out here, but quite frankly this is good ol' fashioned casul-bashing; I saw this a lot in the Dark Souls series. Friday the 13th is by far a less serious game, and it's campy by nature.

If anything, it should just be made more challenging by taking away some things that are taken for granted in-game, and I would only support a hardcore mode so long as it doesn't make the game a more frustrating experience rather than challenging. Some ideas I have would be this:

• Counselors will not start the match with a flashlight (unless you use a perk for it). They are common finds in drawers like maps/walkie-talkies.
  • If you're not standing in an external light source you cannot see the large map when you bring it up. This can be countered by turning your flashlight on, but you have to find one first. It doesn't really make sense how a counselor can read a map in a dark forest without light.
  • The mini-map disappears at Stage 3 fear (the penultimate stage before your counselors become completely hysterical where you normally would lose the mini-map).

To make this mode feasible, it could give a small EXP and/or CP bonus at the end of the match for playing a more difficult game mode.

Great post. Probably a little too logical for these forums. But great nonetheless. ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Why are people coming in this thread stating things like "NO, DONT LIKE! TOO HARD !!!" when that is supposed to be the whole point of the mode and its supposed to be for THE HARD CORE PLAYERS that want a challenge just like in the movies!

If you don't like it or think its too hard, then dont play it and play the other modes. Simple...

Dont ruin it for other players that want this mode in the game just because YOU DONT WANT IT.

I'm sure Devs will put in single player mode even though (me & some of my friends) won't bother with it but you dont see me going into single player mode request threads yelling "DO NOT WANT".

I also have no desire for a single player mode.  There are much better things out there to play as a solo project.  BUT - the gist of what you state is "if you don't like my opinion go away" on a POLL post.

Poll:

Noun:  the process of voting in an election.

Verb:  record the opinion or vote of.

I don't want them to waste valuable developmental time on a mode (as described) very very few will play.  Taking away everything in the tool-chest of counselors but letting Jason stay the same.  Good luck with that. 

Hardcore mode should be hardcore mode.  Not cripple one side but leave me alone mode. 

2 minutes ago, va_ghost said:

I also have no desire for a single player mode.  There are much better things out there to play as a solo project.  BUT - the gist of what you state is "if you don't like my opinion go away" on a POLL post.

Poll:

Noun:  the process of voting in an election.

Verb:  record the opinion or vote of.

I don't want them to waste valuable developmental time on a mode (as described) very very few will play.  Taking away everything in the tool-chest of counselors but letting Jason stay the same.  Good luck with that. 

Hardcore mode should be hardcore mode.  Not cripple one side but leave me alone mode. 

lol damn you...I was gonna post the same thing. I just had to wait for someone else to post so that I didn't double post. :P

POLL!

But keep your opinion to yourself.

I would like new game modes. If it's only a ''hard'' mode of what there already is that would be boring. I'm not against adding it to the game though.

We need some game modes that are different. Also would like to see different locations for maps that are not just locked down to woods and cabins.

Jason did kill people in a neighborhood, on a cruise ship, in a city, space, dream world and went to hell. He can move beyond the summer camp environment.

It's safe to say with all the new DLC ''immersion'' is now a joke word. I'm happy new content is being released. The game needs it. Immersive as fuck. :lol:

One simple Idea would be 2 killers fighting for the most kills while counselors try to escape. No, not Freddy VS Jason. ;)

I'll take any new game modes that change up the basic routine at this point.

2 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

I would like new game modes. If it's only a ''hard'' mode of what there already is that would be boring. I'm not against adding it to the game though.

We need some game modes that are different. Also would like to see different locations for maps that are not just locked down to woods and cabins.

Jason did kill people in a neighborhood, on a cruise ship, in a city, space, dream world and went to hell. He can move beyond the summer camp environment.

It's safe to say with all the new DLC ''immersion'' is now a joke word. I'm happy new content is being released. The game needs it. Immersive as fuck. :lol:

One simple Idea would be 2 killers fighting for the most kills while counselors try to escape. No, not Freddy VS Jason. ;)

I'll take any new game modes that change up the basic routine at this point.

Yup. Immersion went out the window a long time ago. Time for people to stop parroting that line..