Sign in to follow this  
Maggot Head

Ok, so when exactly DO you need to hit Jason with the bat during the sweater stun in order to kill him?

Ok, so I have only one friend to play this game with, and we have been trying our damnedest to actually score a kill on the sorry sucker with just the two of us. So far, we have a really good system worked out. We both pick females, find machetes, find the CB radio and call up Tommy. Basically then one of us will seek out Jason and offer ourselves to him by going full Leeroy Jenkins and kamikaze-ing straight at him and trying to land as many machete hits as possible on him to 1) soften him up, 2) get him to kill one of us early so we'll be among the choices to come back as Tommy, and 3) try to get his mask off sooner rather than later. Then if one of us actually gets Tommy, we both meet at the shack with a bat and machete in hand, grab the sweater, lure Jason there and knock off the mask with a series of ambushes, trigger the sweater stun, and then...

WE ALWAYS FUCK THE BASEBALL BAT STUN part. This setup has all worked rather well for us so far and we've set the scene countless times to kill Jason, but this is our ONE. SINGLE. INSURMOUNTABLE. BARRIER. We absolutely can not get the fucker to fall down to his knees after we trigger the sweater on him. The way it always plays out is the same: We stun him with the sweater, swing at him with the bat as soon as the sweater girl is able to move, and then...nothing. The hit registers sure, but he just flinches a bit, ignores the stun completely, and is able to move again and kill us.

So my question is; WHEN is the appropriate window to try to stun him with the bat? Can it be immediately after the sweater girl is allowed to move again, or do we need to wait a little bit before swinging at him? I've noticed many articles on the matter say something along the lines of " He will eventually drop his guard" after you activate the sweater stun on him. So does this mean I need to wait for him to "drop his guard" before I swing the bat, or does the entire stun duration count as his "guard being dropped"? We always swing at him with the bat as soon as we're able to move again with the sweater girl, out of fear of Jason recovering. But should we actually be waiting a bit longer? Is it really that specific, or are we just suuuper unlucky?

immediately after the sweater girl is allowed to move again is what always works for me unless they recently changed it or you got unlucky and it glitched

10 minutes ago, shady16 said:

immediately after the sweater girl is allowed to move again is what always works for me unless they recently changed it or you got unlucky and it glitched

Yeah that's pretty much when we do it. It's not really a recent thing either. This has just always plagued our attempts since launch, because he just shrugs off the bat hit like it's nothing and then we get added to his Pam Shrine.

I suppose we're just REALLY REALLY unlucky each time and we just aren't getting a stun but rather a normal hit, similar to how he usually reacts to machete hits. But that's why we use the bat, to avoid that happening.

It's driving us up the wall.

3 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

"Jason, mother is talki-" WHAM!

For us it's more like "Jason, mother is talking to you---" WHAM!......"oh um..uh. we should start running now right? Right."

Just now, Maggot Head said:

For us it's more like "Jason, mother is talking to you---" WHAM!......"oh um..uh. we should start running now right? Right."

Players that use macros can get out of the stun in less than 2 seconds. Even without one, it only takes 3 seconds. They really should limit the speed at which the game will accept button presses to about 25ms or more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Players that use macros can get out of the stun in less than 2 seconds. Even without one, it only takes 3 seconds. They really should limit the speed at which the game will accept button presses to about 25ms or more.

So it's likely just an issue of how quickly he's getting out of the sweater stun then? With only 2 of us, it's hard to apply enough damage to him to slow down the mash meter significantly enough, so honestly I'm thinking we might have to have the Tommy player use the bat, quickly switch it out with the machete/axe, and then hope that works. Ugh.

Just now, Maggot Head said:

So it's likely just an issue of how quickly he's getting out of the sweater stun then? With only 2 of us, it's hard to apply enough damage to him to slow down the mash meter significantly enough, so honestly I'm thinking we might have to have the Tommy player use the bat, quickly switch it out with the machete/axe, and then hope that works. Ugh.

Get Tommy in place directly in front of Jason either before starting the sweater stun, or before striking him to his knees. If Tommy is somewhere else and must travel to in front of Jason, that's time enough for Jason to get out. You have to pretty much press the E prompt instantly.

Also, if you lay a weapon down in front of Jason, like you suggested Tommy switch weapons, the prompt for picking up the weapon will take priority before the prompt to kill Jason, so Tommy will end up just picking up 2 weapons over and over again until Jason gets up. It happened to my group once.

3 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Get Tommy in place directly in front of Jason either before starting the sweater stun, or before striking him to his knees. If Tommy is somewhere else and must travel to in front of Jason, that's time enough for Jason to get out. You have to pretty much press the E prompt instantly.

Also, if you lay a weapon down in front of Jason, like you suggested Tommy switch weapons, the prompt for picking up the weapon will take priority before the prompt to kill Jason, so Tommy will end up just picking up 2 weapons over and over again until Jason gets up. It happened to my group once.

Yeah. Good point. So I guess doing it like we're doing it really is the best option. We just need someone else or a Jason that's a slow-masher/too damaged to recover quickly enough.

It’s possible that you are using the sweater right after stunning jason with the machete to remove his mask and he is still invulnerable during the sweater stun to another melee stun. 

8 hours ago, shady16 said:

Right. Assuming you can get the sweater to work.

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You don't need macros to get out in two seconds. My max press speed is about one press every 11ms.

The kill is (like everything in this shoddy code) currently buggy.

The sweater often fails to work, sometimes he can't be stunned afterwards, and even then he often won't visually fall to his knees, but Tommy can still kill him.

It's been like this to different degrees since release. Devs would rather make costumes than take pride in their work and make sure core mechanics actually function.

14 hours ago, Maggot Head said:

Ok, so I have only one friend to play this game with, and we have been trying our damnedest to actually score a kill on the sorry sucker with just the two of us. So far, we have a really good system worked out. We both pick females, find machetes, find the CB radio and call up Tommy. Basically then one of us will seek out Jason and offer ourselves to him by going full Leeroy Jenkins and kamikaze-ing straight at him and trying to land as many machete hits as possible on him to 1) soften him up, 2) get him to kill one of us early so we'll be among the choices to come back as Tommy, and 3) try to get his mask off sooner rather than later. Then if one of us actually gets Tommy, we both meet at the shack with a bat and machete in hand, grab the sweater, lure Jason there and knock off the mask with a series of ambushes, trigger the sweater stun, and then...

WE ALWAYS FUCK THE BASEBALL BAT STUN part. This setup has all worked rather well for us so far and we've set the scene countless times to kill Jason, but this is our ONE. SINGLE. INSURMOUNTABLE. BARRIER. We absolutely can not get the fucker to fall down to his knees after we trigger the sweater on him. The way it always plays out is the same: We stun him with the sweater, swing at him with the bat as soon as the sweater girl is able to move, and then...nothing. The hit registers sure, but he just flinches a bit, ignores the stun completely, and is able to move again and kill us.

So my question is; WHEN is the appropriate window to try to stun him with the bat? Can it be immediately after the sweater girl is allowed to move again, or do we need to wait a little bit before swinging at him? I've noticed many articles on the matter say something along the lines of " He will eventually drop his guard" after you activate the sweater stun on him. So does this mean I need to wait for him to "drop his guard" before I swing the bat, or does the entire stun duration count as his "guard being dropped"? We always swing at him with the bat as soon as we're able to move again with the sweater girl, out of fear of Jason recovering. But should we actually be waiting a bit longer? Is it really that specific, or are we just suuuper unlucky?

It has to happen when Jason is doing his "break free" button taps.

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Some would call you a liar for claiming to be that speed.

That's fine, if need be I can easily upload a video of me doing so. The best way to test your finger speed is by playing a certain minigame in Mario Party 4, the one where you mash A to line up Whomps as Dominos.

Hell there is a video of a someone getting 140 presses in 10 seconds in the minigame, which equates to one press every 14ms.

It's not out of the realm of possibility. Just because one person might not be able to do it doesn't mean someone else can't.

Best way to do it.

After Mask is off Grab an Axe with Tommy After sweater hit him with the axe and de X (on PS4) should appear and youre good to go. 100% Effective with this method In my experience. So Tommy outs him on his knees and kills him

This is the worst part of the game, imo. It is pretty difficult to get Jason into sweater stun without his mask without a party dedicated to doing so.

This same thing has happened to me (Sweater stun, Bat strike, Jason flinch), and I managed it in room full of randos! lol

I think there should be either a 4 or 5 second window from sweater stun, where Jason will 100% of the time drop to his knees if hit with ANY weapon (except maybe, the branch), or the sweater stun should be reusable.

It should be easier, considering how hard it is to set the scene up.

Jason needs his grab back, though. In my opinion, any Jason kills since the recent patch don't count. At this point, Jason needs rescuing! lol

Edit: The sweater stun shouldn't use the button mash mini-game. It should be like the stun where you have to wait for it to end.

Sorry I did the calculations on my button speed incorrectly. I can hit the button 11 time every second, not one press every 11ms.

Not sure what 11 presses a second translates to in ms tho.

17 hours ago, Caulus said:

This is the worst part of the game, imo. It is pretty difficult to get Jason into sweater stun without his mask without a party dedicated to doing so.

This same thing has happened to me (Sweater stun, Bat strike, Jason flinch), and I managed it in room full of randos! lol

I think there should be either a 4 or 5 second window from sweater stun, where Jason will 100% of the time drop to his knees if hit with ANY weapon (except maybe, the branch), or the sweater stun should be reusable.

It should be easier, considering how hard it is to set the scene up.

Jason needs his grab back, though. In my opinion, any Jason kills since the recent patch don't count. At this point, Jason needs rescuing! lol

Edit: The sweater stun shouldn't use the button mash mini-game. It should be like the stun where you have to wait for it to end.

No it absolutely should not be easier. You aren’t supposed to win the round that way. It’s meant to be a truly “holy s**t” moment. 

45 minutes ago, John Wick said:

No it absolutely should not be easier. You aren’t supposed to win the round that way. It’s meant to be a truly “holy s**t” moment. 

I disagree. It is already hard enough as it is.

I'm not asking for them to use my suggestion atm, because Jason can't defend himself post-patch. However, it should be easier given that it is incredibly difficult to get a good Jason (Pre-patch) to the sweater stun.

If they ever revert the grab nerf, that is.