Sign in to follow this  
Omnichris64

The stupidest thing in QP

When i play as a counselor, I'm kicked back on the couch. When I play as Jason, I literally stand in front of my tv, I shit you not. I take it serious. It's stressful in a good way to me. Having said that, I NEVER disrespect anyone playing as Jason, especially if they are struggling. If I have the chance to escape, I do it quick, it's all business. 

But I have been noticing these people that taunt at the place of escape. The other day, I saw 4 with the cops at their backs and no Jason in sight, being arrogant douches and dancing...NOT ESCAPING!!!! I was just unwillingly a party to it, being in the passenger seat of the 2 seater, who easily beat Jason with his driving skills. We went forwards and backward for about 5 minutes with every opportunity to escape. I was fuming. I get a distraction argument, but to me it is distasteful. And disrespectful. I know these dicks will never change, just wanted to vent. Your first goddamn job as a counselor is to escape!!!!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, The Razor's Edge said:

I see this all the time in public matches, nothing new to me. I agree with you that it is distasteful, disrespectful, etc.

It annoys me too.

I just started noticing this shit. It's in bad taste. These are the same kind of assholes who say smart ass shit when they win a ball game. I abhor this. It's...it is showing your lack of class. ARGH! I cannot express how much I hate this!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Omnichris64 said:

I just started noticing this shit. It's in bad taste. These are the same kind of assholes who say smart ass shit when they win a ball game. I abhor this. It's...it is showing your lack of class. ARGH! I cannot express how much I hate this!

Try having someone dance over your dead body after you've been killed by Jason. Yeah, that happened to me today. smh

It's lucky I don't have my mic on when I'm playing Jason.  With all the growls and the loud "FUCK!"s every time I'm pocket knifed or stunned.  What happened to.my invitation to the all-part 4 mask avatar party? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

I looked at the forum avatar's and thought somebody quintuple posted. Then I looked at the names. :lol:

Everybody loves derp ear!!!

I don't mind this at all as Jason. I do stand at the exit and dance though, lol. The Jason player will usually try to dance as well, haha. I haven't met a Jason yet that has gotten mad at this. :lol:

Honestly this trolling doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the actual stupidest thing in QP which is that majority of players still do not know how to play. They don't communicate or coordinate and just run around hoping for the best. It's amazing how many lobbies are like that, makes for very boring and unsatisfying matches. As Jason I actually love it when a team puts up a good fight regardless of whether or not they troll.

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Honestly this trolling doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as the actual stupidest thing in QP which is that majority of players still do not know how to play. They don't communicate or coordinate and just run around hoping for the best. It's amazing how many lobbies are like that, makes for very boring and unsatisfying matches. As Jason I actually love it when a team puts up a good fight regardless of whether or not they troll.

It's fun to actually pick off one of the stragglers and scare the crap out of the rest of them into escaping.

Sometimes it's justified.

If there's people still on the map, people often wait by the exit in order to keep Jason distracted so that other person can make it out without being Jason's sole focus. They can also help cover their escape with flares and such.

The dancing is there just to anger Jason into keeping his focus on them. Is it any different than Tommy shouting "hey chickenshit, it's me you want!"?

Keeping the killer distracted in order to help your friends is fine.

8 hours ago, The Razor's Edge said:

Try having someone dance over your dead body after you've been killed by Jason. Yeah, that happened to me today. smh

i will do this... but only to friends and trolls. 

I'll hang around the exit to help others escape if i have crackers or the gun but never to taunt. I've seen a little of this. what I've seen a lot of is people trolling around in the car. i was in a match a few days where this dude just kept driving the car back and forth from exit to exit IN REVERSE. i guess it wasn't bad enough the level 2 jason was getting smoked by everyone NOT playing like a dick, this guy just needed to rub it in. 

I accidentally drove the car into the water last night... My fear was maxed so I literally couldn't see the water until it was too late.

Luckily everyone laughed about it rather than getting pissed off. I was enough of a distraction to get the cops called so we all ended up escaping anyway. Easily the funniest match I've played so far.

If you haven't seen Jason throughout the match and you're loaded for bear, waiting is worth the bonus hit point XP.

4 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Sometimes it's justified.

If there's people still on the map, people often wait by the exit in order to keep Jason distracted so that other person can make it out without being Jason's sole focus. They can also help cover their escape with flares and such.

The dancing is there just to anger Jason into keeping his focus on them. Is it any different than Tommy shouting "hey chickenshit, it's me you want!"?

Keeping the killer distracted in order to help your friends is fine.

To me, yes it IS different. These are stupid kids who did not ask for this. Tommy willingly stepped into the hero role. Oh well, different strokes I guess. 

13 hours ago, Omnichris64 said:

When i play as a counselor, I'm kicked back on the couch. When I play as Jason, I literally stand in front of my tv, I shit you not. I take it serious. It's stressful in a good way to me. Having said that, I NEVER disrespect anyone playing as Jason, especially if they are struggling. If I have the chance to escape, I do it quick, it's all business. 

But I have been noticing these people that taunt at the place of escape. The other day, I saw 4 with the cops at their backs and no Jason in sight, being arrogant douches and dancing...NOT ESCAPING!!!! I was just unwillingly a party to it, being in the passenger seat of the 2 seater, who easily beat Jason with his driving skills. We went forwards and backward for about 5 minutes with every opportunity to escape. I was fuming. I get a distraction argument, but to me it is distasteful. And disrespectful. I know these dicks will never change, just wanted to vent. Your first goddamn job as a counselor is to escape!!!!

You think that's bad- wait until you encounter those shit talking, rage induced Jasons who are frustrated because you keep juking them around furniture, as the last counselor.

39 minutes ago, Omnichris64 said:

To me, yes it IS different. These are stupid kids who did not ask for this. Tommy willingly stepped into the hero role. Oh well, different strokes I guess. 

I agree, but each film has a hero who rises up, as Tommy himself did in Part 4.

I just suspend disbelief and assume they're doing that.

It's not ideal of course, but it can be rationalised. Groups doing it suck the immersion though.

10 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

You think that's bad- wait until you encounter those shit talking, rage induced Jasons who are frustrated because you keep juking them around furniture, as the last counselor.

Been playing since launch, I've met them. I am not a fan of a talking Jason period. And that's fine to me, juking and shit. It's the fact that people have an open ave. to escape and don't. For no good purpose that I could see!

23 hours ago, The Razor's Edge said:

I see this all the time in public matches, nothing new to me. I agree with you that it is distasteful, disrespectful, etc.

It annoys me too.

Not much you can do about people's behavior a lot of the time. But one thing I have said since this game was in development to today and beyond, is that we need a kill for teabaggers. If someone steps over Jason to squat, he should be able to reach up and fold them in half ala Sheriff Garrett from Part 6. :)

• Like 2

And another. No excuse for this one. Last 3 alive, tommy, tiffany, and mitch. 2 steps from freedom. Nope. Cabin after cabin of stupidity. It's not the nerfs, not the buffs, THIS is the shit that ruins it for me.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Omnichris64 said:

And another. No excuse for this one. Last 3 alive, tommy, tiffany, and mitch. 2 steps from freedom. Nope. Cabin after cabin of stupidity. It's not the nerfs, not the buffs, THIS is the shit that ruins it for me.

I'll give it about a week. Your next thread after 7 days will be hilarious. Guaranteed.

I was actually in a party of people who did this to an obviously new Jason. Well in this particular match one of the guys and I escaped in the 2 seater after I made the call to the cops, but the rest of the guys trolled him for the last 15 mins. It is kind of disrespectful and I feel like treating the bad Jasons in this fashion will probably run off new players and we don't need that.

I'm with you. If I have a chance for a quick and easy escape I'll just take it and get on to the next game. There's no reason to troll these people.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DEATH said:

I was actually in a party of people who did this to an obviously new Jason. Well in this particular match one of the guys and I escaped in the 2 seater after I made the call to the cops, but the rest of the guys trolled him for the last 15 mins. It is kind of disrespectful and I feel like treating the bad Jasons in this fashion will probably run off new players and we don't need that.

I'm with you. If I have a chance for a quick and easy escape I'll just take it and get on to the next game. There's no reason to troll these people.

I was in a match and had a similar experiemce i escaped early via police so i'm spectating. It's a part 2 jason getting trolled to death. Police have been rang and have arrived 3 to 4 counselors are dancing around the exit. There is a particularly obnoxious Adam, who to be fair knows his combat. He is pounding on this new jason and when i say new, i mean new. Like level 1 knew. In fact at the time i would check player lvls and his wasn't even slightly red. So my take was he had a very unlucky first game. Anyway adam was 60 to 70 something and being a complete douche but...

Eventually karma did come and new jason got lucky caught and killed adam his only but more than earned kill that game. My biggest regret was that i didn't add him as a friend during that game to educate him. When we got back to the lobby new jason had left.

That was my least favourite game/lobby i've been a part off. Honestly whar kind of good or even decent player beats up on a player clearly so new and inexperienced. Some people must come and think we are all A-holes.