Kalopsia

If people are this desperate to have the grab nerf undone

Then Jason in general needs a drastic re-work. If his only strength was that he could grab people like Mr. Fantastic then he's completely shit from a gameplay perspective. His grab should reach as long as his arm, that's it. There's plenty of tools already at your disposal to kill counselors, and if those aren't effective than Jason needs to go back to the drawing board because making him broken may fulfill the power fantasy of Jason players, but it makes the game completely unfun as a counselor as it's illogical and there's no other mindset for a broken grab other than "this is bullshit."  It doesn't matter how passionate people are for the franchise, making Jason broken in a multiplayer game does not work and will only deter people from playing because the only fun aspect is playing as Jason which is chosen completely at random. Don't make him broken again, think of another way to make him feel powerful but in a logical way.

• Like 6

You are missing the point and why it is such a issue tell me are you going to waste ten minutes of your time chasing a buggzy or Vanessa that you cannot grab because of constant juking and sprinting jumping from house to house over and over? No i dont think so and don't say it's because bad Jason ect it doesn't matter I'm good and this still happens eventually I will get them but the range of before I could easily grab when I shifted good enough on them that's how it should be. Knifes do not kill right away nor does swings it takes two knife throws to wound them to limp and two or more swings to do the same. Tell me, when would you ever get a chance to swing at either of those councelers if they had any real sense of experience? Again you are making ignorant points. A good Jason gets rewarded by his shift skill and that's how it should be. Anyone that argues this is either pro counceler or just doesn't play Jason to the extreme like alot of us do. Some of us are not happy with one or two people alive we want to take everyone out and not allowing the skilled jason's to do that compared to all the crappy ones is wrong. Don't punish us for lack of skill. Funny,  because before this patch was I could easily juke Jason with his terrible shift grab as you say but now forget about it. I even tested it out yesterday with Fox I jogged back and fourth at a part three Jason to see how hard it was for him and he quit out of frustration I wasn't even sprinting and he still couldn't grab right that is not cool and should change.

• Like 6

@Blackbird68 This is supposed to be Friday the 13th. During the movie's climax (which the multiplayer takes on) there's always a chase between Jason and the last counselors. By "wasting more time chasing them", you are accomplishing the game's proposal. It gives counselors a chance to struggle before they get killed by depleting their Stamina. I personally love this, even if I die at the end. It's more fun and makes Jason more skill-based to kill counselors.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Then Jason in general needs a drastic re-work. If his only strength was that he could grab people like Mr. Fantastic then he's completely shit from a gameplay perspective. His grab should reach as long as his arm, that's it. There's plenty of tools already at your disposal to kill counselors, and if those aren't effective than Jason needs to go back to the drawing board because making him broken may fulfill the power fantasy of Jason players, but it makes the game completely unfun as a counselor as it's illogical and there's no other mindset for a broken grab other than "this is bullshit."  It doesn't matter how passionate people are for the franchise, making Jason broken in a multiplayer game does not work and will only deter people from playing because the only fun aspect is playing as Jason which is chosen completely at random. Don't make him broken again, think of another way to make him feel powerful but in a logical way.

One help would be to make knife throwing have a major aim assist. They are pretty hard to throw on XB1, for me anyhow. If the grab is nerfed, buff the knife throw to slow down the fast counselors. I would love that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

One help would be to make knife throwing have a major aim assist. They are pretty hard to throw on XB1, for me anyhow. If the grab is nerfed, buff the knife throw to slow down the fast counselors. I would love that.

Agree 100%

20 minutes ago, Blackbird68 said:

You are missing the point and why it is such a issue tell me are you going to waste ten minutes of your time chasing a buggzy or Vanessa that you cannot grab because of constant juking and sprinting jumping from house to house over and over? No i dont think so and don't say it's because bad Jason ect it doesn't matter I'm good and this still happens eventually I will get them but the range of before I could easily grab when I shifted good enough on them that's how it should be. Knifes do not kill right away nor does swings it takes two knife throws to wound them to limp and two or more swings to do the same. Tell me, when would you ever get a chance to swing at either of those councelers if they had any real sense of experience? Again you are making ignorant points. A good Jason gets rewarded by his shift skill and that's how it should be. Anyone that argues this is either pro counceler or just doesn't play Jason to the extreme like alot of us do. Some of us are not happy with one or two people alive we want to take everyone out and not allowing the skilled jason's to do that compared to all the crappy ones is wrong. Don't punish us for lack of skill. Funny,  because before this patch was I could easily juke Jason with his terrible shift grab as you say but now forget about it. I even tested it out yesterday with Fox I jogged back and fourth at a part three Jason to see how hard it was for him and he quit out of frustration I wasn't even sprinting and he still couldn't grab right that is not cool and should change.

Jason needs a drastic rework and this game is a clusterfuck if this is really the case. Making Jason illogically broken because he's gimped in terms of design makes this game utterly shit from a design standpoint. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Jason needs a drastic rework and this game is a clusterfuck if this is really the case. Making Jason illogically broken because he's gimped in terms of design makes this game utterly shit from a design standpoint. 

For me, they just need to buff his weapon. So we can attack more and give them a chance to struggle gefore they die.

21 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a lock-on aim within a certain distance.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, He's Killing Me said:

I wouldn't be opposed to a lock-on aim within a certain distance.

That would make a whole lot of sense.

1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@Blackbird68 This is supposed to be Friday the 13th. During the movie's climax (which the multiplayer takes on) there's always a chase between Jason and the last counselors. By "wasting more time chasing them", you are accomplishing the game's proposal. It gives counselors a chance to struggle before they get killed by depleting their Stamina. I personally love this, even if I die at the end. It's more fun and makes Jason more skill-based to kill counselors.

That's ok and all but in a small map as part 4, 7, or 9 and with just 2 or 3 repair counselours you're going to get rekted, Chad is impossible to grab even if he's right in front of you, he's sprinting, you miss the grab and the combat stance and hit, you got stunned buddy :D.

I can really feel and i can go with some rework in the grab system but as it is right now not, is not really possible to catch someone if you're going after them if they are aware of you, you want a shift? Ok, let me juke you and you WON'T catch me, heck, you don't even need to sprint, just turn to the other side jogging and you evaded Jason. Right now as Jason is a very stressful experience and i am one of people that didn't care about the window mechanic or other nerfs, you were still a killing machine, some times you got your victims slower and some times faster, but now you don't get nothing and throw knives and attack is not even useful, you can't counter attack in combat stance, you can't block and just after that attack, there's a delay for that :')

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Shaild said:

That's ok and all but in a small map as part 4, 7, or 9 and with just 2 or 3 repair counselours you're going to get rekted, Chad is impossible to grab even if he's right in front of you, he's sprinting, you miss the grab and the combat stance and hit, you got stunned buddy :D.

I can really feel and i can go with some rework in the grab system but as it is right now not, is not really possible to catch someone if you're going after them if they are aware of you, you want a shift? Ok, let me juke you and you WON'T catch me, heck, you don't even need to sprint, just turn to the other side jogging and you evaded Jason. Right now as Jason is a very stressful experience and i am one of people that didn't care about the window mechanic or other nerfs, you were still a killing machine, some times you got your victims slower and some times faster, but now you don't get nothing and throw knives and attack is not even useful, you can't counter attack in combat stance, you can't block and just after that attack, there's a delay for that :')

You can cripple them by doing enough damage to the counselors. Then you grab them and do the kill. I'm even proposing a combat buff now.

2 hours ago, Blackbird68 said:

By choosing to chase Buggzy or Vanessa over checking an objective is you choosing to be a dumbass. Find someone else, comeback later. 

Also, throwing knives exist.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

You can cripple them by doing enough damage to the counselors. Then you grab them and do the kill. I'm even proposing a combat buff now.

No need to use the grab unless you want to make it cool, if the detection hit is fixed, you loss stamina and you get crippled faster then fuck it, no need to use the grab, is hard as fuck to grab someone anyways :P

Don't forget that the throwing knives are manually aimed, is you know more or less ehat are you doing the those are very easy to avoid. Oh let's not forget about or friends and and the med sprays, you can use them freely in a chase bc well, you need to breath in the counselour neck to grab em and if by some Pamela's miracle you can grab someone then other people can shoot you, hit you, throw some firecrackers, pocket knives and maybe and just maybe the kill won't trigger correctly and they will free themselves. 

Don't get me wrong, i'm in for the weapons rework but we can let the grab for something that you will just do if you are lucky to catch someone and if you want to be fancy about your kill. (Sorry, we can't i meant)

10 hours ago, Blackbird68 said:

You are missing the point and why it is such a issue tell me are you going to waste ten minutes of your time chasing a buggzy or Vanessa that you cannot grab because of constant juking and sprinting jumping from house to house over and over?

I think the solution is to improve Jason's melee hit detection so that Jason can hobble the speedy counselors more easily. Turning Jason into Mr. Fantastic, Plastic Man, Rubber Band Man, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, etc is not the solution. They should also expand the types of attacks Jason and the counselors can do, like a sweeping horizontal attack for groups and a lunge forward attack to close a short distance quickly, or something along those lines.

7 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

everyone that thinks this is a good patch watch this    

I think the problem is two-fold:

1. Jason's melee hit detection/weapon hitbox should be bigger; Jason should have chopped Fox while she was fixing the boat, for sure.

2. The nature of the "grab cone" is that it gets bigger the further from Jason it gets. That's why Jason couldn't grab Fox when she was right next to him. If it was INVERTED, where it is bigger when closer to Jason and smaller further out, that would fix this issue(and it would be more realistic).

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Yeah if people can't see whats wrong there then there is no point in trying to explain it to them

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Revolt Frenzy said:

Yeah if people can't see whats wrong there then there is no point in trying to explain it to them

tenor.gif?itemid=5137885

1 hour ago, GhostWolfViking said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5137885

"Vanessa escapes grab." That's... that's not a bug. Jason simply couldn't decide on a kill.

Part 6 Jason not being able to hit Tommy, yeah that's just BS. Melee hit detection needs a major fix.

I think you should all stop moaning and practice. Use stalk so they don't know you're shifting, works fine for me. Try playing without a morph marker! Thats what I've been doing in over half my games for over a month. Thats a proper nerfed Jason.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

I had more fun when I had to avoid the sticky hand. Jason was deadly back then.......three days ago. Lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

Holy shit!!!

A point blank range miss grab. The fuck where they thinking?

Basically if you zig zag right in front of Jason you are almost completely safe. Fuck that and fuck what they have done.

Also that Tiffany dancing just goes to show how immersion is ruin. Counselors are toying that Jason around because they fucking got what they wanted. A simple game for the losers who wants easy mode.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I think the solution is to improve Jason's melee hit detection so that Jason can hobble the speedy counselors more easily. Turning Jason into Mr. Fantastic, Plastic Man, Rubber Band Man, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, etc is not the solution. They should also expand the types of attacks Jason and the counselors can do, like a sweeping horizontal attack for groups and a lunch forward attack to close a short distance quickly, or something along those lines.

I think the problem is two-fold:

1. Jason's melee hit detection/weapon hitbox should be bigger; Jason should have chopped Fox while she was fixing the boat, for sure.

2. The nature of the "grab cone" is that it gets bigger the further from Jason it gets. That's why Jason couldn't grab Fox when she was right next to him. If it was INVERTED, where it is bigger when closer to Jason and smaller further out, that would fix this issue(and it would be more realistic).

Great ideas! Agree with you!

Yeah I ran out of Stamina today and just spun in a circle three times and avoided grab yesterday. Three grabs with Jason close enough to spit on. I kind of started laughing because Jason Part 2 was spamming grab all over the place and missed me standing a foot away.

• Like 1