Sign in to follow this  
WashingtonJones

How should Jason's grab work?

Let me preface this by saying I'm not used to the new grab yet and it might be fine, but in the case that it isn't.....

If the old way was too much and the new way is too little, what's the middle ground?

Here's what I think.

Keep the reach as it is now.

Have the width of the cone be variable based on certain criteria.

The cone should widen...

for when a counselor reaches a certain level of fear.

for fast counselors like Vanessa.

for counselors that move around a lot when they run, aka juking. (this might make the previous one unnecessary) 

for when Jason gets into Rage

Don't widen it to the point that it fucks up the counselor's world, but just enough to make it a little more dangerous to make bold moves. 

I was thinking something similar about extending the grab reach when counselors reach very high levels of fear.  Possibly could tie it into rage mode as well, letting Jason make those uncanny grabs in the last few mins of the match but keeping it more normal/less infuriatingly BS during the early going.

Keep the grab range the way it is right now. Widen the cone for grabs so he can catch someone right in his face. There were plenty of times I couldnt grab someone right next to me because they decided to narrow the grab cone too much.

Until they do something about this, we should all called Jason a T-Rex.

13 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

Keep the grab range the way it is right now. Widen the cone for grabs so he can catch someone right in his face. There were plenty of times I couldnt grab someone right next to me because they decided to narrow the grab cone too much.

Until they do something about this, we should all called Jason a T-Rex.

Good analysis! Widen but not extend his range is a great buff!

It should work like my new, masterfully made MS Paint graphic:

nGkP6Vr.png

The grab range should NOT change mid-match like the above suggestions, nor should certain Jason's have a longer range. It should be uniform among all Jasons. It merely needs it's width tweaked like in my suggestion.

• Like 1