Ive decided to make another thread discussing about the part dropping, yesterday I've made one discussing about what happened.... now I'm discussing WHY it happened, and what SHOULD have happened 

Repair parts that have been dropped will now immediately show up as an icon on all available Counselor maps

WHY
First off.... lets talk about the why, F13 is a team based game, and with that being said it requires a lot of cooperation for counselors to actually to be successful in the survival against Jason. Communication plays a YUGE factor in playing the game..... BUT LETS FACE REALITY, there are lots of players who don't have mics, that's just how it is. time and time again whenever you play in solo ques get ready to be constantly frustrated as half your team mates are beyond useless they are unable to either use the mic, or speak a different language. so now your chances slim before the game even began

now...lets talk about WHAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED?

now while the patch did help give the counselors a chance.... how should have it been done?, well its really simple I'm all for balance and I don't believe players should have a free mark from the get go, because players are simply picking up and item and dropping them at the same time, the balance needs to revolve around the WALKIE TALKIE 

1.) if a player has a walkie-talkie, you should be able to see what items he has in the score screen, provided that YOU also have a walkie-talkie

2.) if a player has a walkie-talkie, you should be able to locate other players with walkie-talkies on the map screen

3.) if a player has a walkie-talkie and drops a part, it will be visible as a mark on the map to other players with walkie-talkies

4.) if a player has a walkie-talkie and dies, his death mark will appear on the map to other players who have walkie-talkies

5.) the objective (car, boat, police, phone) needs to be discovered before it appears on the map by players with walkie-talkies 

6.) Jason will only appear on the map to players with walkie-talkies, if seen by players with walkie-talkie

note... that if a player does not have a walkie-talkie, he will not be able to locate anyone, anything, or mark for other players UNTIL he gets one

TLDR;

part dropping mark is a good step in the right direction but needs polishing

• Like 6

You know I never even thought about implementing the walkies into it and I really like some of these ideas. It would actually help out players that are on mics using their walkies with people that dont have mics picking them up (Still never understood why people without mics grab walkies.)

I have a lot of issues with marking parts, but that's the main one - that it subverts a core selling point of the game. Both the need to communicate, and the proximity and walkie based communication system.

Tie it to walkies and you have a start. It kills the awesome and realistic 'chinese whispers' aspect of verbal communication that led to awesome and deadly misunderstandings though (mainly people confusing East and West)

1 minute ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I have a lot of issues with marking parts, but that's the main one - that it subverts a core selling point of the game. Both the need to communicate, and the proximity and walkie based communication system.

Tie it to walkies and you have a start. It kills the awesome and realistic 'chinese whispers' aspect of verbal communication that led to awesome and deadly misunderstandings though (mainly people confusing East and West)

Party Chat and Discord subverted that a long, long time ago...

• Like 2

I'm not at all opposed to the changes you suggested.

Just now, Truth said:

I'm not at all opposed to the changes you suggested.

thank you

11 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

You know I never even thought about implementing the walkies into it and I really like some of these ideas. It would actually help out players that are on mics using their walkies with people that dont have mics picking them up (Still never understood why people without mics grab walkies.)

yes... I mean, I don't understand that as well, but everyone does anyway, so lets at least make use of that somehow

obviously the game is meant to be played with your friends, but I'm sure a majority of the players don't have 7 players sitting around at any time of day like that

Just now, westwarren said:

thank you

yes... I mean, I don't understand that as well, but everyone does anyway, so lets at least make use of that somehow

obviously the game is meant to be played with your friends, but I'm sure a majority of the players don't have 7 players sitting around at any time of day like that

You dont even need that many friends. I usually play with 2 or 3 others and thats it. We dont use party chat and we're always on mic in lobby trying to help new people, even Jason, and telling non-mic users where things are.

2 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

You dont even need that many friends. I usually play with 2 or 3 others and thats it. We dont use party chat and we're always on mic in lobby trying to help new people, even Jason, and telling non-mic users where things are.

yes but even then... I still don't agree with players being on the map like that for free, that was something that bothered me for a while

20 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Still never understood why people without mics grab walkies.)

Because someone without a mic isn't exactly useless. Saying you have a part or where Jason is or any other communication can STILL be heard by the others and I work for the team.

Just now, Daneasaur said:

Because someone without a mic isn't exactly useless. Saying you have a part or where Jason is or any other communication can STILL be heard by the others and I work for the team.

people WITHOUT MICS picking up a WALKIE TALKIE

22 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

(Still never understood why people without mics grab walkies.)

So they can hear the other players that do have mics and walkies.

people WITHOUT MICS picking up a WALKIE TALKIE

Yes, I am mic-less and I still pick up the walkie talkie to hear what anyone WITH mics is planning and to help.

1 minute ago, undrtkr said:

So they can hear the other players that do have mics and walkies.

1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

Yes, I am mic-less and I still pick up the walkie talkie to hear what anyone WITH mics is planning and to help.

Yes but by taking a walkie you prevent someone with a mic from having it. What happens if everyone without a mic has a walkie but the one or two people with mics dont? I get your points, dont get me wrong, but youre hurting the team as much by doing it unless the people with mics have them as well

Just now, Daneasaur said:

yes...while that is true, that sorta lessens the effectiveness of the walkie talkie, because players won't know what your intentions are

with the proposed changes, even if you don't have a mic, you'd still be just as useful

This is better than the "easy mode"  system they have now. 

Catering to mic less scrubs was a bad idea

6 minutes ago, PARTVI said:

Catering to mic less scrubs was a bad idea

it was...but it was inevitable, lots of players don't have mics

while the changes I propose level the playing field for players without actual mics... it also nerfs the counselors because players won't be able to use the map to its full potential like we do now

you won't know where Jason is, you won't know where the other players are, and you won't know where the objectives are, you need a walkie talkie now to mark anything on the map, so now Jason will have more time to eliminate them

9 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Yes but by taking a walkie you prevent someone with a mic from having it. What happens if everyone without a mic has a walkie but the one or two people with mics dont? I get your points, dont get me wrong, but youre hurting the team as much by doing it unless the people with mics have them as well

Never really thought about that... I use my mic in private games, but not so much in public. I just grabbed it to speed up the drawer search next time I find one.

2 minutes ago, westwarren said:

it was...but it was inevitable, lots of players don't have mics

while the changes I propose level the playing field for players without actual mics... it also nerfs the counselors because players won't be able to use the map to its full potential like we do now

you won't know where Jason is, you won't know where the other players are, and you won't know where the objectives are, you need a walkie talkie now to mark anything on the map, so now Jason will have more time to eliminate them

See I dont mind knowing where people are or the main objectives ie the car/boat but implementing the walking into where Jason is (marking on map besides the Flare Gun. Dont have him just show up for everyone when 1 person sees him like now) and the objective items ie gas/fuse/prop ect. Im okay with

40 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

i grab walkies that way when i check another drawer with a walkie it closes automatically.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Apollyon said:

i grab walkies that way when i check another drawer with a walkie it closes automatically.  

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

Never really thought about that... I use my mic in private games, but not so much in public. I just grabbed it to speed up the drawer search next time I find one.

I get wanting to do that, but I rather take the time to simply press another button than hurt my team who could be using the walkie to coordinate.

42 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

See I dont mind knowing where people are or the main objectives ie the car/boat but implementing the walking into where Jason is (marking on map besides the Flare Gun. Dont have him just show up for everyone when 1 person sees him like now) and the objective items ie gas/fuse/prop ect. Im okay with

the game progresses too fast with players having a free detection on the map

Jason doesn't have sense till mid game, the counselors shouldn't be able to have free detection like that on everything early on, players will just mindlessly sprint because they know Jason's senses haven't been unlocked yet 

so it balances out

the game progresses too fast with players having a free detection on the map

Jason doesn't have sense till mid game, the counselors shouldn't be able to have free detection like that on everything early on, players will just mindlessly sprint because they know Jason's senses haven't been unlocked yet 

so it balances out

You get sense early. By the time youve grabbed knives, morphed to objective and trapped it, and maybe chased someone a lil or broken a power box, you have sense. 

Id argue Shift is more early-mid game for Jason

Just now, ThePunkPirate said:

You get sense early. By the time youve grabbed knives, morphed to objective and trapped it, and maybe chased someone a lil or broken a power box, you have sense. 

Id argue Shift is more early-mid game for Jason

true... but id rather have players thread more carefully early on than sprinting everywhere

it builds suspense as you don't know where anyone, Jason, or the objectives are

1 hour ago, westwarren said:

Ive decided to make another thread discussing about the part dropping, yesterday I've made one discussing about what happened.... now I'm discussing WHY it happened, and what SHOULD have happened 

Repair parts that have been dropped will now immediately show up as an icon on all available Counselor maps

WHY
First off.... lets talk about the why, F13 is a team based game, and with that being said it requires a lot of cooperation for counselors to actually to be successful in the survival against Jason. Communication plays a YUGE factor in playing the game..... BUT LETS FACE REALITY, there are lots of players who don't have mics, that's just how it is. time and time again whenever you play in solo ques get ready to be constantly frustrated as half your team mates are beyond useless they are unable to either use the mic, or speak a different language. so now your chances slim before the game even began

now...lets talk about WHAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED?

now while the patch did help give the counselors a chance.... how should have it been done?, well its really simple I'm all for balance and I don't believe players should have a free mark from the get go, because players are simply picking up and item and dropping them at the same time, the balance needs to revolve around the WALKIE TALKIE 

1.) if a player has a walkie-talkie, you should be able to see what items he has in the score screen, provided that YOU also have a walkie-talkie

2.) if a player has a walkie-talkie, you should be able to locate other players with walkie-talkies on the map screen

3.) if a player has a walkie-talkie and drops a part, it will be visible as a mark on the map to other players with walkie-talkies

4.) if a player has a walkie-talkie and dies, his death mark will appear on the map to other players who have walkie-talkies

5.) the objective (car, boat, police, phone) needs to be discovered before it appears on the map by players with walkie-talkies 

6.) Jason will only appear on the map to players with walkie-talkies, if seen by players with walkie-talkie

note... that if a player does not have a walkie-talkie, he will not be able to locate anyone, anything, or mark for other players UNTIL he gets one

TLDR;

part dropping mark is a good step in the right direction but needs polishin

You do bring some points,but in all your speech about why that mechanic was implemented,you forgot to mention one other reason...

To stop toxic players from trolling peoples by taking objective items and dropping/hidding them somewhere in the map so no one can find them wich is really annoying for a lots of players who are playing the game legitly. 

• Like 1