NoOneK9503

Poll: A different buff for Jason

Jason's weapon buff  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jason's weapon be buffed?

• Yes, with hit detection fixed and extended range.
    • No, we don't need anything to compensate for his nerfed grab.

I'm proposing a new buff instead of the old grab system. Comment your ideas below!

I have to admit I don't really slash much... With the new grab range I'll probably start doing it more. But until then I'm going to stay out of this vote.

Counselors do not need less Stamina though. Eric is already awful. Don't penalize him more. I understand that there are a bunch of matches where people are Vanessa, Jenny, Chad, Tiffany, etc.. but the issue is really that the game allows you to have duplicate players in a match. I personally roll with Random but what I think would help from every counselor being able to outrun you forever would be if the game made you pick your character each round. First come first serve. Then it would make for not having to chase down 3 Vanessa for Jason and would also make players develop skills with different players.
We had 10 original(Not including Tommy) Now Mitch and Fox are in. There are only 8 people in a lobby.. I don't think it'd be a big deal if you had to be different people.

Also, before we all start shouting for Buffs or Nerfs to either side.. Lets test this one out for at least 2-3 weeks.

• Like 1

Just now, PsychBam said:

Counselors do not need less Stamina though. Eric is already awful. Don't penalize him more. I understand that there are a bunch of matches where people are Vanessa, Jenny, Chad, Tiffany, etc.. but the issue is really that the game allows you to have duplicate players in a match. I personally roll with Random but what I think would help from every counselor being able to outrun you forever would be if the game made you pick your character each round. First come first serve. Then it would make for not having to chase down 3 Vanessa for Jason and would also make players develop skills with different players.
We had 10 original(Not including Tommy) Now Mitch and Fox are in. There are only 8 people in a lobby.. I don't think it'd be a big deal if you had to be different people.

Also, before we all start shouting for Buffs or Nerfs to either side.. Lets test this one out for at least 2-3 weeks.

But that is the idea! If Eric get caught, it's game over for him! He's SUPPOSED to avoid Jason.

6 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

Lets test this one out for at least 2-3 weeks.

Right? People are so quick to say what's "wrong" with the update but it's barely even been a day. Adjust to the new gameplay. Figure shit out. THEN you can validly argue your opinion.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, King_Duncan_VII said:

I love how biased the poll answers are. LMAO!

And? I want to nerf the Grab because it is an instant kill. But the not the weapon! It's underpowered!

Giving a chance for counselors to fight would've been great! They've already got enough buffs anyway...

I’d love to see a strength buff. I think a counselor should be limping from ONE slash at full health, which would be more realistic. Nobody is slipping away from an axe to the back. If not one, two slashes should equate limping status for counselors and death on the third. That’s more realistic and would balance the grab range being refined. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

If not one, two slashes should equate limping status for counselors and death on the third. That’s more realistic and would balance the grab range being refined. 

This happens to Weapon Strength Jasons. This, fixed hit detection and stamina loss would help a lot!

I think Jason’s damage radius could be improved with his weapons but no to the whole stamina thing. Totally against penalties against stamina. Its valuable and if you can’t manage to catch up to a counselor who is Tiffany or Vanessa with a well timed Morph and or Shift them keep practicing at that. You’ll catch up sooner or later and grab them. They DO run out of stamina. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Abstract Daddy said:

I think Jason’s damage radius could be improved with his weapons but no to the whole stamina thing. Totally against penalties against stamina. Its valuable and if you can’t manage to catch up to a counselor who is Tiffany or Vanessa with a well timed Morph and or Shift them keep practicing at that. You’ll catch up sooner or later and grab them. They DO run out of stamina. 

I was proposing that to encourage people to use the attack button more. So I'll keep it like this. Thank for the feedback anyway!

Melee hit detection needs a buff, but Stamina does not need any more nerfs. It's perfectly fine.

5 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

also switch stalk to third ability  you get

Third, as in in place of Shift? If so, that's a bad idea if you mean that shift would be the last ability. I've been in matches where the vehicles were started before Jason got Shift. He'd never be able to stop them.

2 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Melee hit detection needs a buff, but Stamina does not need any more nerfs. It's perfectly fine.

Third, as in in place of Shift? If so, that's a bad idea if you mean that shift would be the last ability. I've been in matches where the vehicles were started before Jason got Shift. He'd never be able to stop them.

yeah i agree should never have posted this idea

4 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

First, I proposed the Stamina Loss (not continuous) after a hit to make things more fast placed. This is Friday the 13th but is also a game ya' know?

And Last, nope! I never said to swap the Shift time with Stalk! Just the Sense ability.

10 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I’d love to see a strength buff. I think a counselor should be limping from ONE slash at full health, which would be more realistic. Nobody is slipping away from an axe to the back. If not one, two slashes should equate limping status for counselors and death on the third. That’s more realistic and would balance the grab range being refined. 

I don't think damage needs a buff. It's really the hit detection that's the problem.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I don't think damage needs a buff. It's really the hit detection that's the problem.

Now you nailed it!

13 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I was proposing that to encourage people to use the attack button more. So I'll keep it like this. Thank for the feedback anyway!

Why would counselors attack if they have no way to win?? Attacking is a last effort Jason is breaking my door down and I have nowhere to go or need a stun. Also, if tommy and a girl are alive then I attack to get mask off.. But i don't try to attack otherwise because it's always a losing situation. Jason can just dodge your hit or combat stance and block and then grab you.

Really strange alternatives to chooser from. He needs a buff but maybe not that.

You will get no vote from me.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

Why would counselors attack if they have no way to win?? Attacking is a last effort Jason is breaking my door down and I have nowhere to go or need a stun. Also, if tommy and a girl are alive then I attack to get mask off.. But i don't try to attack otherwise because it's always a losing situation. Jason can just dodge your hit or combat stance and block and then grab you.

I meant Jason players.

@Fooobar Why not? The hit detention is horrible! And there's no other way! Sorry, I mean, he can just attack and grab. The Grab is an instant kill. The Jason's weapon is not. So why not buff it by fixing the hit detection? It can give counselors a final struggle before they get grabbed an killed.

Counselors aren't supposed to survive but they are supposed to fight and run. Use your weapon to cripple and finally grab them.

I think Jason players will attack more now because the grab is not so easy. You'll see more counselors being injured. It will just take a couple days or weeks.
People just started an uproar and wanted it reverted or different buffs elsewhere before 24 hours was even up. This forum does help and give the devs suggestions, but man at least attempt to play with what they give you for awhile. Be Jason at least 10 times so you can adjust and get better before we complain. This also means as counselor you need to wait until everyone else develops new skills as Jason. It's going to be easy as counselor for a bit until people figure it out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fooobar said:

Really strange alternatives to chooser from. He needs a buff but maybe not that.

You will get no vote from me.

I voted no this morning while I wasn't really paying much attention... I wish you could change or remove your vote...

• Like 1