Should Jason's grab be reverted?

Should Jason's grab be reverted?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jason's grab be reverted?

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhere in between

3 minutes ago, The Razor's Edge said:

The thing is, I can disagree with what you said without calling you names - delusional, is what you called me. Anyhow, it's MY opinion Jason's grab has been nerfed, and nothing will change my mind on that.

See, I didn't call you any names.

It IS a nerf. But we need to buff his other areas instead. The grab is an instant kill move. That's why I agree with the Grab nerf.

6 minutes ago, King_Duncan_VII said:

Probably because he was so used to not having to try to legitimately grab someone. That's what happens when your spoiled and your privilege suddenly gets taken away. You have to actually put a bit more effort into things. I guess I never had an issue after patch because I would always aim precisely where my counselor was in order to grab them and not rely on the huge grab range to do my work for me.

I don't know man. This just seems too easy. I kind of liked it when it was hard you know. I spent the whole day thinking "I should be dead" I played as Jason Part 4 and did ok. Mainly because the chase, chop grab style was mine before the nerf but Jason just kinda seems average now. I kind of liked it better when he was a force of nature. Now he seems like a tougher councilor. 

Are you kidding? Jason used to be able to reach ACROSS A ROOM and grab counselors. There is nothing to discuss here. The grab was broken and ridiculous, now it is accurate. Stop relying on gimmicks to get kills and actually hunt the counselors. Some of yal got so used to doing next to nothing to get kills and are just mad now you might have to work for them. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, King_Duncan_VII said:

Probably because he was so used to not having to try to legitimately grab someone. That's what happens when your spoiled and your privilege suddenly gets taken away. You have to actually put a bit more effort into things. I guess I never had an issue after patch because I would always aim precisely where my counselor was in order to grab them and not rely on the huge grab range to do my work for me.

This. The same people crying about others needing an “easy button” themselves want everything handed to them. Some people DEMAND a that they get 8/8 kills everytime or they throw a tantrum. Too many young, acheivement loving, trophy-needing brats. I was in a lobby with a the host as Jason who threw a fit because the final girl outwitted him and lived and he was FUMING. He also called the female player with a mic who bested him a whore, a slut, a bitch, a cunt. And rage closed the lobby. These are the types of players we’re dealing with. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

This. The same people crying about others needing an “easy button” themselves want everything handed to them. Some people DEMAND a that they get 8/8 kills everytime or they throw a tantrum. Too many young, acheivement loving, trophy-needing brats. I was in a lobby with a the host as Jason who threw a fit because the final girl outwitted him and lived and he was FUMING. He also called the female player with a mic who bested him a whore, a slut, a bitch, a cunt. And rage closed the lobby. These are the types of players we’re dealing with. 

Yeah that is bullshit. I just feel weird running around the game now doing stuff that would have got me killed dead two days ago. Just dosen't seem as thrilling on either side. 

5 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yeah that is bullshit. I just feel weird running around the game now doing stuff that would have got me killed dead two days ago. Just dosen't seem as thrilling on either side. 

You and I have been experiencing two different game then. I pride myself on being the very last counselor and I usually am. I have survived against some amazing Jason’s with the recent updates while others have died so FOR ME, skilled Jason’s are still slaying the children with ease. Just enjoy the extra points, these new players are going to get the hang up it and seasoned players are going to adjust and when they do everyone is getting snatched. 

11 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

You and I have been experiencing two different game then. I pride myself on being the very last counselor and I usually am. I have survived against some amazing Jason’s with the recent updates while others have died so FOR ME, skilled Jason’s are still slaying the children with ease. Just enjoy the extra points, these new players are going to get the hang up it and seasoned players are going to adjust and when they do everyone is getting snatched. 

I played ok as Jason today. Got 5 out of 7 twice today. It just felt kinda boring. I was never the shift grab type either. I just didn't feel bad ass. I felt like it was more of a chore then anything else. But hey everyone has an opinion right. Then game dosen't totally suck now like some people say but it feeling like it's lacking something now. At least for me. I think it's because I learned to work around the overpowering grab range.

4 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I played ok as Jason today. Got 5 out of 7 twice today. It just felt kinda boring. I was never the shift grab type either. I just didn't feel bad ass. I felt like it was more of a chore then anything else. But hey everyone has an opinion right. Then game dosen't totally suck now like some people say but it feeling like it's lacking something now. At least for me. I think it's because I learned to work around the overpowering grab range.

Tbh it sounds like you need to take a break from the game and come back in a few months once they’ve added more stuff AND all the physical copy holders get familiar with the game. I just came back to it myself when I joined the forum and found it refreshing. 

I'm perfectly fine with the nerf to grabbing. It just means people will have to learn new tactics as Jason as opposed to just outright grabbing people. 

Hell no. The only thing that I think needs to be changed are the parts showing on the map. They should show on the minimap instead. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I feel like that is what how it need to be. Jason is strategic, counselors are fun. Jason is what makes the game fun and interesting for counselors. He is the key factor for this game. Without him and the way he plays, why even play this game? Jason is for competitive players, counselors are for fun.

Hell no. The only thing that I think needs to be changed are the parts showing on the map. They should show on the minimap instead. 

12 hours ago, King_Duncan_VII said:

11 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

There is so much truth in these posts that I had to quote them to increase their exposure. They could tweak how the current grab works but to make it longer again is nuts. I say they should invert it with a wide range close to Jason and narrower further away. That would help wash away a lot of the Jason salt that's been dumped on us without being outright broken.

15 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Inverted?

Wait...Jason should grab at himself? Clearly he's a lonely dude but we don't need to see that. 

Jason's grab is a "cone." It gets bigger further from Jason. This means grabs are easier to dodge when close to Jason, which kind of goes against a sense of realism. That's why I say invert it.

• Like 2

YES THEY SHOULD THEY ALSO SHOULD GIVE BACK ALL POWER TO ALL JASON'S AS BEFORE AND QUIT MESSING WITH JASON PLUS THE TRAPS NEED TO GO BACK TO NORMAL AS BEFORE AND THEY NEED TO ADD MORE TIME TO POLICE AND A 3RD STEP TO GETTING THE PHONE WORKING FOR COPS MANY TIMES IT'S WAY TO EASY TO CALL COPS N IT'S GAME OVER FOR JASON MOST THE TIME.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Jason's grab is a "cone." It gets bigger further from Jason. This means grabs are easier to dodge when close to Jason, which kind of goes against a sense of realism. That's why I say invert it.

Oh I see what you're saying.

But in a sense their cone is more realistic because a swinging arm would have its widest range the furthest away from the body. But in practice it becomes unrealistic because the grab animation is fixed so there's little compensation for any variables. What I think the problem with the cone is, (unless there's more I need to understand about it, and I'm sure there is) is that you don't really use your eyes to make judgments. As you're moving in to grab you have to imagine an invisible fixed net that crudely corresponds to the positions of the swinging hand and arm.   

I don't know anything about programming for 3D games, but I used to do programming for 2D games and you would use collision boxes that would (as tightly as possible) wrap around points of an appendage. Can this not be used in this type of game? With the cone, if you go in for a close grab and you're off center, Jason's hand will connect with the face and neck area but it'll just pass right by. Maybe using a combination of the two, if using a cone is a necessity? Again, I don't really know what I'm talking about, I'm just throwing out ideas. It would be very helpful though to have official documentation of what the cone looks like.

I can't believe how close this poll is... Looks like they really split the community with this change...

No, at least not reverted to what it was. Inverting the grab cone could solve this as there's a video from @pioneer67fkd on the general discussion where he couldn't grab a counselor standing still that looked to be plenty close enough.

I personally haven't had that many issues, the only one being just having to get used to it which by my 2nd game as Jason I was. Still getting at least 5/7 with a good group of players.

@King_Duncan_VII you think I could join up with you guys sometime? PS4 - luckisforlosersX

16 hours ago, King_Duncan_VII said:

I agree. I have no issues playing as Jason after the patch and I have yet to grab someone from 10 feet away like I used to be able to.

Glad to see I'm not the only person that has realized you can still win a match AS JASON.

IMO the orginal grab radius was always fine.  Jason is a big guy,  SO his orginal grab radius is realistic which was about 4 feet.  Anyone who claimed Jasons Grab was beyond 4 feet was lying.  As some people say.. he could grab you across the room  which is false.  Its 4 feet.  Im a pretty big guy,  i can grab something at 4 feet too.

It was his Grab Animation that was wrong.  Hes too still and stiff, and doesn't lunge.  He grabs like someone sitting at a dinner table grabbing salt.  That what should be changed to a lunge grab animation.

As of now grabbing campers is more of a chore and more annoying to deal with.  TO the point that grabs that should have grabbed just miss. This to me makes no sense to me.  It makes it far to easy for campers to keep dodging jason.  And no matter how much players like the campers.. This is JASONS game.  

15 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Are you kidding? Jason used to be able to reach ACROSS A ROOM and grab counselors. There is nothing to discuss here. The grab was broken and ridiculous, now it is accurate. Stop relying on gimmicks to get kills and actually hunt the counselors. Some of yal got so used to doing next to nothing to get kills and are just mad now you might have to work for them. 

This is what it is exactly. Anyone who was a really good Jason before is still good because they combined strategy and skill. The people who were just mindlessly smashing grab and spamming kills are the people struggling now. 

This causes a secondary problem as skilled counselors now have no fear of being killed and it isn't because Jason isn't a killing machine anymore. It's because there are a bunch of new players or players who just never tried to get good as Jason playing him. They just aren't good and that's the issue. This can easily be fixed by them having to get good because it's the only option now or when they get Single Player mode they can practice there. 

The problem isn't with Jason, it's with players skill levels and that there is no way to match players skills accordingly.

I legit took my friend into multiple private matches and did things and told him to catch me and stop me in order for him to get better. I made him practice hunting down a car on a main road where they are trying to "yo-yo" you. I made him practice stopping house hoppers/window jumpers. I made him practice shift-grab, using sense better, best ways to use stalk, when to slash, when to grab, etc.

Having it be easier to be Jason is what makes the game feel cheap to me. I know it's my opinion and it's not popular but when I'm killer I do see it as a treat, like finally I get to be Jason. I don't want it to be easy though. I want it to take skill.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Are you kidding? Jason used to be able to reach ACROSS A ROOM and grab counselors. 

Whats does this even mean?  I can reach across the room and grab things..    

Not all rooms are big.. Its the over exaggerating of Jasons grab that makes me crack up laughing.

I feel as if anyone who looked at Jasons Grab and said "Its should be nerfed'.. Is playing the wrong game.

Maybe its time to make two game modes.   One for the Jason/ Friday the 13th Fans that want a good horror experience.  And the other for the Pro Campers  realism crowd that want to toy and annoy Jason for 20 mins and hate dying.