Truth

Should Jason's grab be reverted?

Should Jason's grab be reverted?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jason's grab be reverted?

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhere in between

@Alien_Number_Six made a petition to see how the community feels about this. It was hard to tell where we stand so I made it a poll. Mods, please don't lock this as a duplicate, I didn't want to read through 3 pages of crap to tally the "signatures".

@Trident77 maybe showing the old range will help.

Old grab range demo:

I'll add a new grab range demo once we get a video.

• Like 1

id say give it little time for players to get use it. my personal opinion is there shoud be two types of grab range regular just chasing range which shoud be hard to do than grab range coming out of shift

27 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

id say give it little time for players to get use it. my personal opinion is there shoud be two types of grab range regular just chasing range which shoud be hard to do than grab range coming out of shift

I feel like I am cheating. It's too easy to live.

• Like 1

I love the nerf. Why? Because, as a Jason player, I know that slashing my prey until they are limping is THE BEST way to kill a counselor. While they're limping, guess what? They are super easy to grab. And even if they have a knife, they're still limping. And if you're afraid that they also have a medkit, just slash them to death.

Jasons need to get out of the habit of going for a grab before they even wound their target.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I feel like I am cheating. It's too easy to live.

If you're on PS4, you should play with my group and see how long you last. I average 6+ kills a game as Jason. It's not easy to live if the Jason knows how to be effective. And it's not even tricky. The key is slashing your prey and making them limp before you attempt to grab them. Now, I have other mind tricks up my sleeve but that comes with playing the game over time.

• Like 2

The previous grab range was unacceptable. We have video proof on youtube in a lag-free game that Jason was capable of Force grabbing people 10+ feet away from him, and we all felt this in-game. However, I'd also like to see what the current grab cone radius/range looks like before I make my opnion on whether or not it needs to be further tweaked from its current standing point. I guess I'll have to wait on that one.

1 minute ago, King_Duncan_VII said:

I love the nerf. Why? Because, as a Jason player, I know that slashing my prey until they are limping is THE BEST way to kill a counselor. While they're limping, guess what? They are super easy to grab. And even if they have a knife, they're still limping. And if you're afraid that they also have a medkit, just slash them to death.

Jasons need to get out of the habit of going for a grab before they even wound their target.

I don't know man I kind of just made part 8 Jason miss way too many times. I am op as councilor now man. He tried to slash me but I was too fast. I just ran away from him and I was playing Jenny. 

1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I don't know man I kind of just made part 8 Jason miss way too many times. I am op as councilor now man. He tried to slash me but I was too fast. I just ran away from him and I was playing Jenny. 

Like I said, man. You're more than welcome to join up with my group when we game. We're all friendly people. I can show you first-hand why people have a hard time with Jason. And I can also show you how to be an absolute powerhouse with Jason. And it's so simple. This grab nerf is not enough to stop this killing machine. 

I voted already guys...I am only jason once in a while...mostly counselor...the whole update needs to be reverted...don't get close...you won't get grabbed...end of story..

• Like 1

I want it back to the way it was before the update, they need to stop nerfing Jason, he should be OP, if they are going to keep this grab, they should make the weapon reach farther to slash, it always seemed that You had to be much closer to slash someone than to grab.

3 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

it always seemed that You had to be much closer to slash someone than to grab.

That's what I thought too. Never made much sense to me.

The nerf was needed. Sure, you guys do not agree, but there's something that needs to be done to compensate. Like some buff to his weapon.

2 hours ago, Truth said:

@Alien_Number_Six made a petition to see how the community feels about this. It was hard to tell where we stand so I made it a poll. Mods, please don't lock this as a duplicate, I didn't want to read through 3 pages of crap to tally the "signatures".

@Trident77 maybe showing the old range will help.

Old grab range demo:

I'll add a new grab range demo once we get a video.

Dude I laugh at how many times grab misses completely now. Jason has been nerfed into the ground. At least grab used to work. 

1 hour ago, pioneer67fkd said:

If the range is shorter weapon should deal more damage when slashing

No. There are Jasons that already have Weapon Damage as one of their strengths. They can make a counselor limp in 2-3 hits. If you want to hit harder, play as Part 3 or Part 4 Jason.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I voted already guys...I am only jason once in a while...mostly counselor...the whole update needs to be reverted...don't get close...you won't get grabbed...end of story..

Don't get too close? Before the patch, Jason was grabbing people from 8 feet away! What are you even saying? It just looks silly. Like Jason has some telekinesis powers or something.

36 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I want it back to the way it was before the update, they need to stop nerfing Jason, he should be OP, if they are going to keep this grab, they should make the weapon reach farther to slash, it always seemed that You had to be much closer to slash someone than to grab.

There's a difference between being OP and being cheap. Jason being able to grab counselors without him having to be within reasonable grabbing range is just silly. Also, as a frequent Jason player, I have no issues with his slashing. 

3 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

The nerf was needed. Sure, you guys do not agree, but there's something that needs to be done to compensate. Like some buff to his weapon.

If you want stronger weapon damage, choose a Jason that has Weapon Strength as one of his advantages like Part 3 or Part 4 Jason.

• Like 2

Just now, King_Duncan_VII said:

If you want stronger weapon damage, choose a Jason that has Weapon Strength as one of his advantages like Part 3 or Part 4 Jason.

I didn't mean damage. How about hit detection fixed and stamina loss for counselors?

6 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Dude I laugh at how many times grab misses completely now. Jason has been nerfed into the ground. At least grab used to work. 

Did you seriously reference a video where Jason is grabbing a counselor from a stupidly unfair distance? This is not making your argument look good at all. At least it worked? LOL! It still works? It's not like you're completely unable to grab someone...

I won't favor for Jason insane grab range saying you can't swift, and grab is incorrect. I just did the execution easily on those two combos. You're a bad Jason to not be able to. 

Just now, KaoJin said:

I won't favor for Jason insane grab range saying you can't swift, and grab is incorrect. I just did the execution easily on those two combos. You're a bad Jason to not be able to. 

It's not even about being a bad Jason. People just need to realize that they need to slash and wound their target until they are limping before going for a grab. It's not hard at all to grab when your prey is limping.

I disagree with the traps being nerf at objectives this is a more important Jason debuff. Now it's scott free for the police to be called unless you always look at your trap on the map to see if it is triggered. Jason's who were bad always justified his grab range being longer than a weapon. You don't always need to slash them to limp, and guarantee the kill just know what they got for a instance I morphed near a counselor and the person barely got to search, and I grabbed the sucka, and killed them with the grab.

7 minutes ago, King_Duncan_VII said:

It's not even about being a bad Jason. People just need to realize that they need to slash and wound their target until they are limping before going for a grab. It's not hard at all to grab when your prey is limping.

That's easily the 10th time you've said that today lol

the majority of people is just stupid, dont listen to them, jason is better now than ever, the game is perfect and Jason can win and grab very good without problems, I have seen it, if the majority of people vote "yes" that doesnt mean they are right

• Like 1