lHeartBreakerl

New kill packs - Weapon swap feature possible/not happening?

It can't be that hard to do! just think about it, part 2 with the pitchfork, part 7 with the spear, part 8 with the axe, part 3 with the pig splitter, part 4 with the fire axe, Savini with the machete! The list goes on and on! Will be weird seeing part 2 with the fire axe? Yes but who cares? They could use the place holder models for the spear and pitchfork. Also, to make it really special, they could do completely new weapon models when Savini has a different weapon, it would be like a demonic look for the weapons. But they wouldn't have to, I would still probably have the trident for Savini. I would still use the spear for part 6 but I would probably go for the machete mostly for all my Jason's. I do think it would have to make all you kills disappear. So you would have to put all your kills back if you change it.

It’d be nice if Jason could pick up and use every weapon the counselors can use (except perhaps the firearms which he never used in the films. Maybe as a bludgeon). Why not?

2 hours ago, Chace Hollett said:

It can't be that hard to do! just think about it, part 2 with the pitchfork, part 7 with the spear, part 8 with the axe, part 3 with the pig splitter, part 4 with the fire axe, Savini with the machete! The list goes on and on! Will be weird seeing part 2 with the fire axe? Yes but who cares? They could use the place holder models for the spear and pitchfork. Also, to make it really special, they could do completely new weapon models when Savini has a different weapon, it would be like a demonic look for the weapons. But they wouldn't have to, I would still probably have the trident for Savini. I would still use the spear for part 6 but I would probably go for the machete mostly for all my Jason's. I do think it would have to make all you kills disappear. So you would have to put all your kills back if you change it.

I almost forgot I had already posted an idea like this in this thread. As for selecting kills in the menu, they could have the game "remember" what kills you had selected for each weapon.

Let me break down my idea in more detail. These are how each Jason could wield all weapons and each Jason would have unique SKINS on some of the weapons.

Part 2:

Wood Axe, FireAxe, Double-Axe, Pickaxe = Original Skins.

Machete = Reverse-edged machete as seen in the film(they used the backside of the machete so they wouldn't hurt the actors, although there are machetes that have a forward-curve to their blades/cutting edge.

Pitchfork = Pitchfork with green handle(I.E. a "spading fork") as seen in the film. If that's not worth adding then just the part 3 style pitchfork.

Spear = The part 2 spear.

Part 3:

Wood Axe, FireAxe, Double-Axe, Pickaxe, Machete = Original Skins.

Pitchfork = Part 3 style pitchfork as seen in the Alpha footage.

Spear = The part 2 spear.

Part 4:

All axes and the machete = original skins.

Pitchfork =part 3 style

Spear = part 2 style.

Part 6:

All axes = original skins.

Machete = mirror-finish machete.

Spear: Cemetery fence post.

Part 7:

All weapons are original/default models. Spear or pitchfork could be re-skinned as the Sling Blade, but I'd prefer that be a new weapon.

Part 8:

Some of the weapons get a "urban" makeover, like an artificial material for the handles for example.

Part 9:

All weapons are original models, except the spear. Spear is the sign post used to rip the girl in half in the unrated version of the tent kill scene.

Savini:

All weapons are of a demonic aesthetic. Saw-tooth Machete, Spear with hooked prongs, FireAxe with a demon's tooth for the back spike, PickAxe made from a demon's skull with long horns for spikes, stuff like that.

There's absolutely no valid reason not to have this in the game. They don't have to redo every animation with every single Jason from scratch, because they already have the motion capture for each kill. It's literally just a matter of applying one skin on top of that frame instead of another, and saving the new information into the game files. Doing this for every Jason in the game is a 30 min - 1 hour job at best.

It might make the game take slightly more space overall (and I do mean slightly), but that would have no effect on matches themselves, since you're still just calling up the information for 1 Jason skin and 4 grab kill animations, same as always.

• Like 1

Bumping this.

With the new kill pack being released it seems that now is a good time to bring this topic back up.

More variety = more fun

I'm changing the topic title as it is posted as a statement and is in no way reflective of comments from Gun or IllFonic. 

When/if we have news relating to this matter, we'll let you know. 

• Thanks 1