lHeartBreakerl

New kill packs - Weapon swap feature possible/not happening?

4ah4.jpg

With the release of exclusive weapon kill packs I assume a weapon swap feature is never returning. Why is this though? Wouldn't it add more variety if every Jason could use every weapon? Is it fair that kills are locked behind SJ just because you can't equip a pitchfork?

We see part 3 using a pitchfork here as well as a pickaxe. Part 2 is even using a spear. This was obviously a feature at one point. Why was this scrapped when it creates more possibilities for interesting matches? 

This is a real missed oppurintity imo. I was hoping at some point it would return but with paid weapon exclusive kills it's looking like a pipe dream.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I would imagine the sheer number of kill animations they would have to code would be quite extensive.

The animations are tied to weapons, not Jasons. That's clear from the trailer.

14 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

The animations are tied to weapons, not Jasons. That's clear from the trailer.

That would be a smart move on their part, returning weapon swap. It would incentivize players to buy all of these new kills packs.  

• Like 1

A lot of people have been asking for this too since even before release. I'm not sure why they haven't brought it back, but it would definitely be a crowd pleaser.

It's basically must at this point. At least it would add a lot of variety to Jason various.

Question is, would stats like Destruction be tied to Jasons, or to the weapons?

Kill animationd definitely seem tied to weapons...All Jasons can perform all environmental kills. I see no reason why Savini can't do machete kills..

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

It's basically must at this point. At least it would add a lot of variety to Jason various.

Question is, would stats like Destruction be tied to Jasons, or to the weapons?

Kill animationd definitely seem tied to weapons...All Jasons can perform all environmental kills. I see no reason why Savini can't do machete kills..

I would say that since destruction is part of the Jason's strengths it would be tied to them, not their weapon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NamesAreDumb said:

I would say that since destruction is part of the Jason's strengths it would be tied to them, not their weapon.

Yeah, but pay attention to the correlation between weapons and their destruction. Having high destruction with a machete doesn't make sense.

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, but pay attention to the correlation between weapons and their destruction. Having high destruction with a machete doesn't make sense.

You say this as if other things make sense. ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

it doesn't make any sense with a pig splitter as well but its in the game

1 hour ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

That would be a smart move on their part, returning weapon swap. It would incentivize players to buy all of these new kills packs.  

I agree. Due to the Part 4's kill pack of 3 more kills costing $4-5, I don't see a point in buying it if ONLY part 4 can use them. If it was for the weapon, that I could understand and would be willing to buy because then I could, say, use the pig splitter with Part 2 or the machete with Part 9, and so on.

But as it stands now, I like part 4 but he's not the main one I want to keep using. Therefore I won't be buying the kill pack because it's so exclusive, we'll just be seeing hordes of part 4 again.

5 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I agree. Due to the Part 4's kill pack of 3 more kills costing $4-5, I don't see a point in buying it if ONLY part 4 can use them. If it was for the weapon, that I could understand and would be willing to buy because then I could, say, use the pig splitter with Part 2 or the machete with Part 9, and so on.

But as it stands now, I like part 4 but he's not the main one I want to keep using. Therefore I won't be buying the kill pack because it's so exclusive, we'll just be seeing hordes of part 4 again.

I like your idea. Instead of having kill packs tied to a Jason, just have it tied to the weapon that way every Jason can use it.

Hell I'd be totally fine with paying for each kill pack if that were the case.

• Like 2

I think weapon swapping would be a great feature to add to a prestige system. If you prestige after level 101 you get to pick the weapon for your Jason. It would certainly give people something to look forward to unlocking.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I like your idea. Instead of having kill packs tied to a Jason, just have it tied to the weapon that way every Jason can use it.

Hell I'd be totally fine with paying for each kill pack if that were the case.

That's the point I'm making here and another vote for Jasons getting Weapon Swap.

Maybe I wanna be able to morph around like mad with Sack Head Jason, but hack people with a Machete. Maybe I wanna use the pig splitter, but I wanna use my Savini Jason to do the hacking.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

Savini Jason has plus destruction, but looking at the way he hits the door, it would take a damn long time to get through.

omfg yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this game needs this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1kjejfcjrfncjnrfncinrcirijcjirfcmjircijf!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Shadow_Master said:

I d really love the pitchfork on part2 but i wouldnt want Savini's kills.

I'd like a regular pitchfork to use with part 2 and 3 Jasons like the respective movies.  Jason killing Fox again with a pitchfork and this time you get to see it.  I would buy a weapons pack if it went for all Jasons.

22 minutes ago, He's Killing Me said:

I'd like a regular pitchfork to use with part 2 and 3 Jasons like the respective movies.  Jason killing Fox again with a pitchfork and this time you get to see it.  I would buy a weapons pack if it went for all Jasons.

Yes i agree,i probably wasnt so clear,I didnt mean i want savini's pitchfork to part 2,i like the pitchfork that the video shows,but that kill is one of savini's kills,and i wouldnt like that.I d like some unique kills for part 2 common pitchfork.

3 minutes ago, Shadow_Master said:

Yes i agree,i probably wasnt so clear,I didnt mean i want savini's pitchfork to part 2,i like the pitchfork that the video shows,but that kill is one of savini's kills,and i wouldnt like that.I d like some unique kills for part 2 common pitchfork.

If they're ever swappable I don't think that'll happen. They'll more than likely be the same pitchfork kills but with a standard pitchfork.

I'd be fine with that. Plus, more pitchfork kills are coming. All the more reason to make the weapons swappable.