HuDawg

Cars should run out of gas

Hey guys.. Just wanted to suggest a something when it comes to cars.

I think we have all seen this happen.  We get in a car and start driving and if you're good at driving Jason cannot catch the car.  So it turns into this game of forward and reverse with cars and Jason.. And jasons only hope is to get a lucky close teleport and shift into the car which is pretty hard to nail.   And this little game of back and fourth wastes tons of fime.  I've seen people run the clock out for 5 mins doing this too.

IMO a fuel gauge (Timer when driving) for the car would fix this silly back and fourth game that happens and would force the players to commit to a line and drive.. Or risk running out of gas.  About a 2 mins worth of gas is more then enough.

The cat and mouse game is annoying as Jason, I've had to deal with it myself. I'm also good at driving and have done some cat and mouse off roading to get out before, never to run out the clock though. The thing is it's already super hard to get to the point where you are driving the car so to make it run out of gas would just basically be giving all 8 kills to Jason.

2 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

The cat and mouse game is annoying as Jason, I've had to deal with it myself. I'm also good at driving and have done some cat and mouse off roading to get out before, never to run out the clock though. The thing is it's already super hard to get to the point where you are driving the car so to make it run out of gas would just basically be giving all 8 kills to Jason.

Well.. id say running out of gas would still mean the campers can still run away. A fuel gauge would just FORCE them to commit to a line and drive.. 

Say a cat and mouse game went on for a min and 30 seconds.. You have 30 seconds of Gas left.  So you grit your teeth and GO FOR IT! and Try to dodge Jason and escape.  That IMO is what it should be like.

8 minutes ago, TheButtonMasher said:

But you just filled it up to the top, why would it run out that quickly?

Rusty Gas Tank..  Had holes in the bottom.. No one noticed..

:D

Besides 2 mins is long enough

I like it the way it is. Sometimes I've started a car and then drove around in the woods while Jason tries to hunt me down and other people got the phone call off. If there was a time limit you couldn't use it as a distraction or go out of you way to pick other people up or mess up at all.

2 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

I like it the way it is. Sometimes I've started a car and then drove around in the woods while Jason tries to hunt me down and other people got the phone call off. If there was a time limit you couldn't use it as a distraction or go out of you way to pick other people up or mess up at all.

Not for nothing but you just gave a another reason as to why it should have a time limit.

The car is meant to be an escape.  Not a way to avoid Jason for as long as you can or distract him.

If there was a time limit.,  You would be forced to escape with it as intended.  Not be a goof ball and troll Jason with it.

I'm also sure that when Jason is in Rage it wasn't intended for him to be more vulnerable, but he is. When he rages through a door and does the animation it is a prime opportunity to stun him and you can just do this in a string of cabins for 5+ minutes... 
Using the car to distract Jason is a valid strategy, you make him choose hunt down the 4 in the car or stop the guy calling the cops. Me driving around is also a risk. If he catches me then I'm dead.. so it's a risk/reward. It's fine the way it is

3 hours ago, PsychBam said:

Using the car to distract Jason is a valid strategy, you make him choose hunt down the 4 in the car or stop the guy calling the cops. Me driving around is also a risk. If he catches me then I'm dead.. so it's a risk/reward. It's fine the way it is

Its only a 'valid strategy' because nothing has been done to stop it from being one.. Hence this topic.

Also.. just because he 'stops the car' doesn't mean you're dead.  You can still get away if you get out fast enough or have help with you.

It should be an escape vehicle.  Not a Toy With Jason or Run out the clock vehicle. That is NOT its intended purpose.  Thats not how things work in Horror Movies either.  

Im speaking purely from a horror fan/gamers perspective. Watching Jason play Ping Pong with a with a Car full of 4 people doesn't make sense..   I do this to Jason all the time..And i've had it done to me.  Its not Risky...   If you can drive it becomes pretty easy to avoid Jason..   There needs to be a set time limit to force players to 'escape' as its intended to be.

Now..For the sake of this topic.  I just finished timing myself.  I hot lapped a few Maps.. I can drive around the map, make some stops and make it to the escape points in under 2 mins.  So im not sure whats the issue..   

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

There needs to be a set time limit to force players to 'escape' as its intended to be.

Like 20 minutes maybe?

Now, increase fear and have a Jason that is good and can stop you while you hop around and then it takes more than 2 minutes

Just now, PsychBam said:

Now, increase fear and have a Jason that is good and can stop you while you hop around and then it takes more than 2 minutes

@Truth

1 minute ago, PsychBam said:

Im talking about the Car.... Unless they plan on adding Low Riders.. Ain't no hopping going on.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

Like 20 minutes maybe?

So...You want to chase someone in car for 20 mins till rime runs out?  

Just now, HuDawg said:

So...You want to chase someone in car for 20 mins till rime runs out?  

If it takes me the whole time to catch the car then I'm doing it wrong. They deserve to get out if I'm that incompetent.

10 minutes ago, Truth said:

If it takes me the whole time to catch the car then I'm doing it wrong. They deserve to get out if I'm that incompetent.

IMO The Car is Faster than Jason.  Jason needs a near perfect teleport to get on top of a good driver.

And for me personally.. I can drive fast. Even off Road.

Im speaking Purely from my own perspective of Driving the car and trolling Jason with it. And seeing others do the same.  Seeing as you think its so easy to catch a car..Maybe you can't drive?

Me and friends have practiced driving with cars in private matches and trying to stop the car.  A good driver is just next to impossible to catch.  Especially if they don't stick to the roads.  ANd trying to catch a car with Jason isn't fun... when people are good drivers and troll with it.  

A good driver is like some with unlimited stamina and 3 times the run speed.  ANd even if you stop the car.. The get out with full stamina..

Am i wrong to think that getting the car and getting away should be as urgent as getting a boat and getting away?

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Im speaking Purely from my own perspective of Driving the car and trolling Jason with it. And seeing others do the same.  Seeing as you think its so easy to catch a car..Maybe you can't drive?

I do the same shit to Jason. Doesn't change my statement at all. I never said it was EASY to catch the car. I said if I can't catch them then they deserve to escape.

In theory the time limit could be good, but that just caters to bad Jasons as in like lets say I'm heading to the exit but it just took me a little longer to juke Jason but now the car stops? I just don't like it. 
As Jason it is hard to stop people trying to yo-yo you.. but I've done it a lot. People will come and tell me that they're the best counselor and I can never kill them.. Then they fix the yellow car and they start driving and they start trying to yo-yo me.. and it takes a good morph and the common sense to not shift unless you had a good morph.. Yeah I've had to hunt down a car for 5+ minutes to get a good Stalk/Morph/Shift Combo but that makes me feel like I'm a stud when I do it.. if the car stops and then they have no other escape that'd be lame.. It's like giving me the kill

Agreed. I play with great drivers and unstoppable Jason's but when you put the 2 together in a match, luck and circumstance are the only 2 things in Jason's favor. I would say it's at least 70/30 in favor of the driver.

But I don't care about that. I just don't wanna sit in a match for 20 mins and watch some jerk waste my time as a spectator or as Jason. Human beings are naturally selfish so it's up to the devs to leave little room for selfish desires to take over.

We need more deterrents/intensives like this to keep shit moving.

P.S. Here's an idea...instead of the gas running out and the car being flat-out dead...maybe over time the reliability of the car wears down. It becomes more prone to stalling and/or there could be dips in engine power where it slows down for a couple seconds.

7 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

But I don't care about that. I just don't wanna sit in a match for 20 mins and watch some jerk waste my time as a spectator or as Jason.

Oh see I won't do that. I'll screw around for a bit in hopes of the remaining counselors that aren't in the care can get something else repaired while I'm distracting him. I'm not going to waste anyone's time with it though. If the car is full and everyone else is dead or escaped them I'm out. I feel bad for the spectators when I end up being the last one alive and having to juke between cabins for 5 minutes. It gets boring as fuck and I know that. Unless I'm doing REALLY good jukes. Then I'm ok with it because it's exciting.

Interesting idea. I can't know for sure, but it could work.

First accumulate new long roads to escape with the car with this in mind would create a new map and the community will give it a name of some sort. Have gas stations near it, and pumped that sucka nozzle in the car trying to escape Jason when you ran out of gas. Don't add this mechanic on the other maps just make it exclusive for the new map. Terrible idea when the other maps are too short you wouldn't ran out of gas lol.

10 minutes ago, Trollskau said:

it is unrealistic that with 4 liters of gas a car ran out in less than 20 minutes, come on

I'd say it's at least a 5 gallon can. Either way 4 liters is about 1 gallon. 1 gallon should get you at least 10 miles assuming you have a really shitty car from the 80's. That should be plenty of gas to last you the match.