Cokeyskunk

After every patch . . .

83 posts in this topic

Have you noticed how, no matter what patches/updates are released, there are ALWAYS those who cry armageddon?

An example of what I've seen in the last 12 hours:

• "This game is completely unplayable now."
  • "This is ridiculous I'm not going to play unless they fix all of this."
  • "I'm starting a Change.org campaign to get rid of these fixes."
  • "F*ck these guys. They intentionally made a great game then ruined it on purpose!"
  • "Jason is completely nerfed. No one wants to play him now. This is a 'Counselor Escape Button'."
  • "I loved this game, but I'm selling it tonight. GUN and Illfonic can go to hell."

I'm going to keep this short because I know no one reads the Tolstoy-length posts.

Wow.

First of all, the devs weren't ignoring you, "the fan base" -- they were listening. They were listening to everyone. There was glitching that actually ruined certain rounds, there were inconsistencies, and there was rampant exploitation and cheating.

You don't like the fact that you can't double and triple-trap now? Why would the Jason in the films have double or triple-trapped? Did he think, "Ooh, they'll see the LEAVES! Maybe they'll disarm it, so I better plant two or three more!" No. He would have planted a trap and moved on. 

You don't like the fact that dropped important items now show up as an icon on the map? Did counselors in the films think, "Y'know, there's a monstrous killer on the loose. It'd be really funny to take these items that would help us escape and drop them behind some rocks or in the lake, and watch everyone frantically look for them!" No. They wanted to live. So those whom do not had their power to troll reduced.

You don't like the fact that Jason's reach has been reduced to the LENGTH OF HIS ARM? Sorry, but he isn't Mr. Fantastic or Plastic Man. It was off, so they fixed it.

These guys deserve applause for listening to everyone -- not just you. Compliments and suggestions are always welcome. Complaints are even listened to. But "bitching" is a universal tune-out for every human being. You're mad? Fine. Take a breath and say what you're mad about, and hope you will get your way. But throwing every bit of negative emotion into your post simply creates an inclination to scroll past it, and it takes away your credibility in the forums as a "whiner."

Again, everyone has a voice. It's all about how you choose to use it.

Peace, Love, and Hockey Masks,
- Skunk  

29 people like this

Every game in the history of ever has these responses to patches.  Transitions are so disliked that they're actually discussed in systems analysis courses in college.  It is a phenomenon that happens every time ANYTHING new is released.  They'll get over it. 

2 people like this

I don't understand why everyone is complaining. The changes they made are completely reasonable. I didn't have any issues as Jason OR a counselor last night. Granted I only played a few games, but I feel like it's pretty well balanced now. I was a little skeptical after reading the patch notes because of how much they changed. It actually seems like they did a good job though so people need to lay off. @Cokeyskunk If I remember I'll come back and like this thread (I'm still out from yesterday). You definitely deserve it.

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

I don't understand why everyone is complaining. The changes they made are completely reasonable. I didn't have any issues as Jason OR a counselor last night. Granted I only played a few games, but I feel like it's pretty well balanced now. I was a little skeptical after reading the patch notes because of how much they changed. It actually seems like they did a good job though so people need to lay off. @Cokeyskunk If I remember I'll come back and like this thread (I'm still out from yesterday). You definitely deserve it.

I'll remind you. :D  

It's funny, right? Jason can use morph, sense, stalk, shift, rage and he also can hide a lot of traps under his pants, but people are making a war only because items dropped in the map are showing for all the counselors now. Give me a fucking break. 

Jason's still very OP, but no one wants to play a game with 0 chances of escape.

About the trap thing: this shouldn't be a problem for a good Jason. The Jason players used to NOT do that, it's a new thing, so...

Yeah, let's talk about counselors having "powers" now. Seriously? If you want reality, then don't play video games. That's pretty simple. 

People like to complain over nothing. All the time. 

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, Truth said:

I had a blast with all the updates last night.  The game is becoming more reliable and it's becoming harder for crybabies and trolls to ruin the gameplay.  Plus Gloria Fox looks and works amazingly, so I give Gun a standing ovation for their work on her.  

Also, while it came out last patch and not yesterday, I am THRILLED about the push mechanic that's been put into place.  Buh bye blockers.

14 minutes ago, kitcat said:

It's funny, right? Jason can use morph, sense, stalk, shift, rage and he also can hide a lot of traps under his pants, but people are making a war only because items dropped in the map are showing for all the conselours now. Give me a fucking break. 

Jason's still very OP, but no one wants to play a game with 0 chances of escape.

About the trap thing: this shouldn't be a problem for a good Jason. The Jason players used to NOT to that, it's a new thing, so...

Yeah, people like to complain over nothing. All the time. 

I'm completely fine with players knowing where the items are.  This needs to stay challenging and raising the bar for skill does that.  Also, this helped protect against teamers that grabbed items at hid them.  This was an issue I saw WAY too many times.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

I'm completely fine with players knowing where the items are.  This needs to stay challenging and raising the bar for skill does that.  Also, this helped protect against teamers that grabbed items at hid them.  This was an issue I saw WAY too many times.

I couldn't agree more. 

I don't understand what is wrong with giving our opinion on recent changes to the game. 
I love the game and think devs, designer and everyone involved have done a terrific job. 

Said that me and other (a lot) players found that the last patch have unbalanced the game for the reasons you have already read. 

We should not complain every time no matter what, but we should not even be forced to be happy for every changes. 

You like it? Good for you, I'm glad you guys can enjoy more the game. Me and a lot of other members here and outside here are not. I think it's fair that we explain the reason why. Especially if we are in a forum. 

2 people like this

34 minutes ago, Hancove said:

I don't understand what is wrong with giving our opinion on recent changes to the game. 
I love the game and think devs, designer and everyone involved have done a terrific job. 

Said that me and other (a lot) players found that the last patch have unbalanced the game for the reasons you have already read. 

We should not complain every time no matter what, but we should not even be forced to be happy for every changes. 

You like it? Good for you, I'm glad you guys can enjoy more the game. Me and a lot of other members here and outside here are not. I think it's fair that we explain the reason why. Especially if we are in a forum. 

You obviously didn't read what I wrote, friend.

I said feedback is encouraged, even complaints. It's the over-the-top extreme whining and complaining that needs to stop. It's the name-calling, the claims of quitting and that the game is "ruined", and the unbridled anger. 

You are more than welcome to explain all your reasons, so long as it's in a civil, non-attacking way. Make your points, and they may well be addressed. Complain that you can no longer use the system to troll or exploit, you will be disacknowledged.  

I also made my own personal points as to why some of the changes made that people seem to be most complaining about are actually good. Again, we're all entitled to voice our opinions, so long as it's done in the right way.

That's all I'm saying.  

@2fast4u I've been watching your posts recently and at least 50% of them appear to be GIF images with no other content. Please post with intent, as per one of the main forum rules.

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

@2fast4u I've been watching your posts recently and at least 50% of them appear to be GIF images with no other content. Please post with intent, as per one of the main forum rules.

Give him credit, at least he used a different one this time, hehe.

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

my "intent" was to applaud.

19 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

You obviously didn't read what I wrote, friend.

I said that feedback is encouraged, even complaints. It's the over-the-top extreme whining and complaining that needs to stop. It's the name-calling, the claims of quitting and that the game is "ruined", and the unbridled anger. 

You are more than welcome to explain all your reasons, so long as it's in a civil, non-attacking way. Make your points, and they may well be addressed. Complain that you can no longer use the system to troll or exploit, you will be disacknowledged.  

I also made my own personal points as to why some of the changes made that people seem to be most complaining about are actually good. Again, we're all entitled to voice our opinions, so long as it's done in the right way.

That's all I'm saying.  

I agree with you on this. I was referring more to other people in this thread (and others) that keep saying "I don't understand why people is complaining" or "people always complain over nothing". 
As for people who over-complain or are not civil there are in both parts unfortunately. I don't like them either. 

1 person likes this

On topic though, I was irritated when my kills were relocked (fixed now). Other than that, patch seems decent. Judging from my past 2 plays as Jason, I need to get better at grabs! 

2 minutes ago, Omnichris64 said:

On topic though, I was irritated when my kills were relocked (fixed now). Other than that, patch seems decent. Judging from my past 2 plays as Jason, I need to get better at grabs! 

I haven't played since the release. The worst bug for me was that Jason's hack attack would sometimes completely lock-up until he was stunned -- which basically gave everyone free reign to complete their escape. Was that addressed?

Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

I haven't played since the release. The worst bug for me was that Jason's hack attack would sometimes completely lock-up until he was stunned -- which basically gave everyone free reign to complete their escape. Was that addressed?

You mean the one where the prompt would still be visible, but you could do nothing? It only happened to me twice before, but hasn't happened to me since the latest patch. But, like I say, wasn't very frequent to begin with for me.

It's human nature dude. We all have aversion to changes. The problem is some people are most likely to be influenced by emotions and use very little cognition than others. Of course people have different opinions, but that expressions you quoted are clear signals of emotional responses.

p.s.: I might have too much psychology in my mind (blame my PhD program). Lol.

17 minutes ago, 2fast4u said:

my "intent" was to applaud.

GIF images with no content don't constitute posting with intent; they appear to be used solely with the purpose of bumping up your post count. GIF images should be used where relevant, not in every thread as a no-word +1 post count.

Jason rage mode activated >commit extreme angry complaints frenzy>End of round>No badges achieved. 

This patch hasn't helped very much. More frustrating than ever to play with do-nothings since you can now see parts on the map - yet people still ignore objectives.

Jason's Grab is an absolute joke now. They over compensated for the lag, made the cone too small, and now when you combine THAT with the lag, you end up with the polar opposite from before - Now you can't grab a counselor literally at your feet at times.

Last night I also noticed Part 8 Jason was also swinging right over crouching counselors. 3-4 swings, no contact. Not sure if this is intended or not, or if it only happens with certain Weapons/Jasons. But that's an issue.

Grabbing Throwing Knives is still buggy and has gotten worse from what I've seen so far. Had a few knives I simply couldn't grab.

They've made playing Jason a frustrating experience. And no, I'm not bad as Jason. Anyone here who's played with me knows that. But now you feel like you're fighting the game mechanics more than the counselors. It's to the point that I'm about to set my preference to counselor (at least on Xbox).

Overall, these patches aren't helping the game grow. It can't when the player base needs to re-learn how the mechanics are or aren't working with each patch. Then you add the fact that they add fluff content or do things that make no sense (Giving the NEWEST Jason a Kill Pack? Those kills are fresh. How about new kills for the Jasons we've been using since Day 1?)

It's getting to the point that I can't defend this mess anymore. Each patch just makes you shake your head more and more. Glad they got emotes off the D-pad and we can see the status screen again though...Most useful thing they did here.

(Forgot to mention the bug where you Morph away while performing a kill still happens. Really enjoyed getting Morphed away from the 4-seater as I was killing one of 4 counselors on it...Made it pretty easy for them to get it started.)

3 people like this

well you gotta give all the poeple whining that after every patch the servers were messed up somehow and everytime a new problem appeared even when old ones got fixed. at least on steam.

I don’t do a lot of complaining after patches. I applaud trying to fix issues, bugs, glitches, cheats, while creating a balance and such. But this change I did not agree with and voiced as such. The game was built with teamwork and communication in mind. It should feel like an achievement to escape Jason’s clutches. It should feel claustrophobic running around while whispering to teammates as you hatch a plan to try and survive the night. It should be difficult. As it was before this patch, I could still escape relatively often thanks to communicating with teammates and trying to put together a plan. Sometimes teammates would yell out there position with an item they had just as Jason was killing them. This only heightened the tension in now trying to find exactly where that was to retireve the item or quickly hatch a plan B. Or C. lol... but just having them appear on a map removes a lot of that. No talking or planning? No biggie. Just pull up the map after a few people die and find right where the items are. Just removes the drastic need to work together as much. Removes some of the tension. And makes it feel more like a “game” then survival horror against the greatest horror icon of all time. It wasn’t a “needed” change. I know people run into issues in public which helped prompt this change. But playing in private alleviates a lot of this. Or finding a different public one with at least several people using mics. Even if you can’t do either, you can still have fun trying to foil Jason’s plan to kill you. Again, it should be hard. It should be something that you really have to struggle for and fight for and plan for. It should have you exhaling a large breath as you escape in the nick of time. This change feels like just a way to make things easier for counselors. Not what the intention was when this game came out. In the end, just not a fan of the change. 

4 people like this

Personally I am fine with all the changes, and we just need to get used to Jason's new grab range.  But for some reason I have a feeling it will either be returned to its previous state, or close to it. But in all fairness, Jason did get nerfed to hell so I can understand the cries of Jason lovers.  

Has any one noticed fear has been buffed?  That's a plus for Jason.