Kodiak

Feedback thread for the newest update (25 Oct 17)

Overall impressions of the newest update  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Out of 10, how would you rate the changes made to the game in the newest patch?

You never liked the game. That explains a lot.

Play another game and don't sabotage it for others.

16 minutes ago, Caulus said:

You never liked the game. That explains a lot.

Play another game and don't sabotage it for others.

Wait! What? I love this game!

It is fun for counselors and it is fun as Jason! Sure it can be frustrating with problems like the hit detection and co. but nothing to make me hate it!

Counselors can have fun by speaking in the Mic.!

Playing as Jason, this is completely different. You need to play competitively, strategically and be patient. I love using Stalk and I'll always love it! Trapping phones when hunting Lachappas and Deborahs!

At the end, playing as a counselor will always be funnier, especially with the Mic.

1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Nope. There's no easy mode here. It just depends of the Jason players. If you start spamming the grab (or the Shift-Grab) all the time, you will fail. There is now the need to have more strategy. If you cannot give up of your spam grab and use a LITTLE of skill when playing as Jason, then play another game. Who said Jason is supposed to be easy? As I said, he has several abilities on his arsenal to trick and catch counselors. Even his Combat Stance is not used by the others!

... and why are you opposed to Easy Mode? You weren't opposed to crying for a nerf?

The devs should've made a mode where it's easier to contend with Jason (a la EASY MODE) for people who couldn't handle Jason's Pre-Patch grab. As I've said before, I had no problems with it as a counselor. The game was fine the way it was intended to be played: with a REALLY dangerous Jason.

Post-patch Jason is getting pushed around like a nerd surrounded by bullies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Caulus said:

Post-patch Jason is getting pushed around like a nerd surrounded by bullies.

We could buff his weapon greatly. His weapon could have the same range as his old grab. I don't mind the weapon, just the grab.

Edit: I don't care avout the Traps either. Beg to de-buff if you want it.

Edited by NoOneK9503

I can really see a buff for the weapons, more range and a little bit more of damage, maybe even remove the delay that now you have after blocking as Jason (you can block and attack after it, which it doesn't make sense) and let's face it, the range of the grab is good now that i saw it, maybe wide a little the cone, he does a wipeout with the arm so it would make more sense if they could do that.

9 minutes ago, Shaild said:

I can really see a buff for the weapons, more range and a little bit more of damage, maybe even remove the delay that now you have after blocking as Jason (you can block and attack after it, which it doesn't make sense) and let's face it, the range of the grab is good now that i saw it, maybe wide a little the cone, he does a wipeout with the arm so it would make more sense if they could do that.

There is video on this forum, in another thread, that shows how bad grab is now. Maybe get better?

13 minutes ago, Caulus said:

There is video on this forum, in another thread, that shows how bad grab is now. Maybe get better?

Get better about what? As how it is right now i feel like they wanted to make it more realistic, but if he does a wipeout with the arm then the grab cone should be a little wider if realism and balance it's what they want.

2 minutes ago, Shaild said:

Get better about what? As how it is right now i feel like they wanted to make it more realistic, but if he does a wipeout with the arm then the grab cone should be a little wider if realism and balance it's what they want.

The grab was perfect in the last patch. This new patch has thrown the game out of balance. The dropped Items icon change I understand, but it needs to be nerfed a little. The trap change was unnecessary, and grab nerf broke Jason.

Tommy and Fox are the only good things to come out of this.

36 minutes ago, Caulus said:

The grab was perfect in the last patch. This new patch has thrown the game out of balance. The dropped Items icon change I understand, but it needs to be nerfed a little. The trap change was unnecessary, and grab nerf broke Jason.

Tommy and Fox are the only good things to come out of this.

I can feel you buddy, for many Jasons, the triple trap phone or the car was something necessary (if you see a full Deb and Eric i can feel you a lot XD) but that wasn't a problem if you got a real grip of Jason, one trap is perfect but the grab? the range ok, but the cone zone no :/

Come on guys,  the grab is fine and shift grab can still be done just like before.  You just have to time it right.  If they are heading for a window just shift a few steps ahead and tilt left or right depending on what side your on.  Soon as you end shift and initiate the grab you've got em every time.... And traps wise.  Place one trap on the phone.  Morph when you hear it go off of you don't get the councillor retrap and come back later cuz they 'WILL' come back.  It really isn't a horrible thing the devs done with the changes.  I barely notice them. Wasn't meant to be easy.  When I was in the lower levels I got my azzz handed to me on the regular and loved the fear of the chase so to speak. It's a fun game if you just play it and enjoy.  Maybe not try too hard and take it seriously. 

6 minutes ago, CryptM said:

NoOneK, please stop calling me names or I will ignore you even more than I already am.

I'm sorry. I'll stop.

I only died once in three hours. I actually got bored for the first time playing the game. After dodging Jason for months with his killer long hand I am just too good to die. I made Jason rage quit as Tommy. The thrill is gone. @GunMedia_Ben adjustments need to be made. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I only died once in three hours. I actually got bored for the first time playing the game. After dodging Jason for months with his killer long hand I am just too good to die. I made Jason rage quit as Tommy. The thrill is gone. @GunMedia_Ben adjustments need to be made. 

Preach, bro. This is my story you're telling.

I got bored for the 1st time playing a couple nights ago. I kept wondering why I was always the last alive.

Haven't played since 2 days ago.

• Like 1

I feel like Jason’s grab range and cone size we’re nerfed a little TOO much. I was able to grab people easy (maybe a little too easy) before, but now I just can’t even grab people straight right in front of me. You literally have to be inside the victim to grab them.

• Like 2

Played a match today on Crystal lake as Jason and noticed it’s still a thing for counselor’s to get unreachable area. I found three counselor’s dancing on top of the pile of boats or boxes? Outside the boat house on the side of the building opposite the door. I crippled two of them with knives but of course they had med sprays.

Couldn’t grab them or hit them with melee attack so I left. Only one managed to stay up there so I loaded up on throwing knives and crippled her a second time. She used her last med spray and ran. Eventually I crippled her again and killed her. Only one person escaped via car but oh well. I thought they fixed all of the unreachable areas I don’t even know how they got up there. 

I don't get to play that often; I like playing with friends, and every time I stream, I always beg not to be Jason because I suck at him, but every so often I do get him. I was Jason 2 times over the weekend, and I was able to kill 6/7. So now people don't believe me that I suck as Jason.

I had read some of the patch notes, but skipped over some as well, so I completely missed his grab was nerfed. He didn't seem either more easy or more difficult to play. 

Personally I don't understand why people who are complaining about the grab nerf are complaining about, really.

• Like 1

The more I play, the more I hate the new patch. (When playing as Jason).

You can’t grab or hit a counselor when standing right next to them. If they are standing next to an object, you hit the object and not the counselor.

Items shows on map is easymode... It's now even chalenging now... There was allways thrill when you wandering and searching dead bodies for parts, knowing Jason is somewhere behind the corner. Now all is on plate. Worst change for this game... Why bother using walkie-talkie now?

+++++ Fox is a great counselor, I am glad that a strong female has joined the roster too.

++++ Tommy Tapes was a complete surprise. I always wanted to know what happened to him between parts 4 and 5. Thank you!

+++ The five enviroment kills are superb! Also, J4's premium kills are awesome too.

++ I actually like when I can see if someone has dropped an important item on the map. Although, as D00las mentioned, it takes away a bit of communication.

Buffing Tommy Jarvis is not a bad idea and he does feel more like a hero now. But, with the next point counted, it has become more difficult as Jason now.

I can agree that the grab reach needed to be nerfed, but hitting with his weapon is still very difficult to do.

Oh my good. New grab is realy AWESOME. U need learn, for kill as Jason, and if u newbie, Jason kill u easy anyway. My preference still Jason, and i still kill everyone. People, why u crying about grab? Stop complaining and LEARN TO PLAY!

So I think I've had enough games now to form an opinion on the grab range. I wanted to give it time to adjust, and perhaps I'm a slower learner than others, but it's been a difficult time trying to get used to it. I can catch and kill counselors in other ways that don't rely on grab range, but it doesn't change my opinion that the nerf was a negative change to Jason's gameplay that makes playing him more of a chore.

I think I've realised what's wrong with it too. It makes Jason feel sluggish. That's what the real problem is, it's how he feels to play now. Probably the reason why running Jasons are getting all the attention now, because at least their mobility boost makes them feel better to play than the walking ones, like you have more of a chance of catching the counselor rather than catching thin air. Good character control is vital in games, and that's what this nerf has had the biggest negative impact on. It doesn't directly affect his success rate, but it does indirectly affect it by reducing the enjoyment of controlling Jason and feeling like you are too sluggish to effectively deal with counselors.

On its own, the grab nerf wouldn't be as bad, but combined with all the constant bugs that affect his gameplay, it certainly draws attention to how lousy Jason is to control these days. He desperately needs many issues fixed if the enjoyment level of playing him is to improve. Grab range definitely needs tweaking too IMO, and grab in general should be looked at because if I am missing grabs when counselors are right next to me, then something is definitely wrong.

My intuition tells me that this grab change probably didn't go through a lot of playtesting, if any. I think they have decreased the range further than necessary to see how we respond, so that if needed they can gradually increase it back again. If this is the case I am personally not a fan of that method. Everything should be tweaked with care and as best as it can be prior to releasing an update. Players do not want to be your beta testers.

• Like 3

Already posted once on the grab nerf ,I have adapted to an extent BUT missing grabs when you are right on top of someone? Really? The cone does need extended a tad and maybe the range just a tad also just my opinion which it seem a lot of people agree.It seem this game is catering more and more towards the counselors ever other patch.The trap thing I don't like either.

After playing a few games with the new patch and set up I've got to be honest, I can only give it a 4 out of 10.  Now I'm going to break down as best I can why that is.

First the new costumes are a cool addition. and I love the new enviromental kills they're awesome and effectly brutal, they give you more options in spaces where you may not have room to pull off a grab kill. The Changes to Tommy are good, it gives players an insentive to play the hero role; and the non reaction to dead bodies is great, but It's two sided and I'll get to that shortly.  The new kills for part 4 are awesome and I'm glad to see more options added but that too is two sided which I will now get into

The Bad: (and theres' a lot of it.)

-The trap placment fix: This fix makes sense and the only question I have is why was trap stacking allowed for such a long time if you felt a problem that needed fixing? That is one of the things that should have been fixed as soon as it was realized that it was a problem.  I can understand other things taking priority but the things that did weren't needed. 

- the issue with windows: this is somthing I know that you've addressed before and you stated that were going to fix but never even touched.  since the window update Jason has been unable to hit anyone climbing through a window.  You need to wait the animations is done before you can swing, this is a problem that came about when the decision was made to add a button prompt to smashing windows as Jason.  at launch you could hit someone climbing through a window and if they were weak enough kill them. now that's impossible and I remember a discord post claming that the team was going to fix this but it never happened. 

The downside to the Tommy change:  The one downside to the Tommy Change is the fact that he spawns with a pocket knife.  Yes it makes sense after all he was called in to help against Jason so he'd come prepared, however if played correctly it makes killing Jason far too easy.  If you have the mask off which can be done easier becasue you've lowered the HP on some of the Jasons and you have the sweater and Tommy is called in you've got a kill in bag.  Jason can't grab and kill Tommy because it's 100% that he'll have that pocket knife all he has to do then is pick up a bladed weapon, Sweater stun, dead.  I remeber before the game launched the team said Killing Jason was a challenge and would not be too common, now you're making it easier for the right players.

The downside to making objectives on the map:  This one is not a huge downside but again it's making the game easier for counsolers, I like the idea that if people leave with the items they'll respawn on the map with a location but in the end it isn't ballanced out. Jason can't see where they are if they've been dropped and the few options he has with protecting objectives paired with the trap changes tips the game in favour of the counsolers. 

Finally and most importantly

the Jason Grab Change:  Maybe his grab a little far reaching, however you've taken it to the extreme in the other direction.  I've played a handfull of games as Jason and the grab has become almost useless.  The fact that he will never catch any of the fast counsloers is apparent.  Since you can't reach out to grab them they will always be a few steps ahead of you stamina or not; plus it's even worse if the jason can't run.  The fact that a counsoler can still avoid a grab if they are right in front of you but one step off center in either direction is not a good thing, I have missed grabs that I should not have because of this.  Another example is if you stop the car; hit the front or the back and step up the the door to grab as they're getting out, good luck with that because the grab will not go passed the car door.  Again if it's a fast counsoler or Tommy they're getting away from you because you can't reach them.  The biggest thing is that zero changes have been made to the Jasons to counter this intended weakness.  Any odd grabs I've heard complained about had 100% to do with latency issues.  I've noticed it as a player and a spectator. So his grab needed no changing at all in my opinion as a player. 

You are truning a character who in you're own words is supposed to be more powerfull then the counsolers into a joke. something I know you guys never wanted to do. Jason is meant to be a relentless killing machine and now you've made him into a pussy as Tommy puts it. I don't want or enjoy that this change is a bad one plain and simple. 

In closing I'm very big supporter of this game, I'm a proud backer and hasn't changed, I would seriously like to know where you are gathering the information for the changes and tweaks you make to the game?  It does not feel like it's comming from people such as myself who have many hundreds of hours of game time and enjoyment to go along with them.  Yes Numbers don't always matter but I hope you're not getting you're information from the wong sources or worse the wrong set of people.  I used to enjoy the chance to play as Jason and thanks to this change I can't anymore, it's opend up new ways of greifing the Jason player by making him weaker with no counter balance. Please fix this mistake before it gets out of hand. Let Jason Kill again as he is meant too, I want my game back.

Ryan. 

• Like 5

Has anyone been having trouble with using the pamela sweater when trying to kill  Jason? On ps4 they put the emote wheel on the same button to stun jason to kill him with pamela's sweater!!!! I've seen several times when trying to activate the sweater to stun jason the emote wheel comes up instead of using the sweater causing me and Tommy Jarvis to get killed. I also had an instance where Jason was able to morph after being knocked on his knees and prevent Tommy Jarvis from being able to kill him when he was supposed to be stunned.

• Like 1

I gave it a 5/10. With the current update running Jasons are the new meta in this game. Icons of objective items sped up the gameplay so much that only running Jasons can get things done or pose some sort of a threat. I'm fine with the current grab, but in order for this new update to work something has to be done like:
* please remove window invincibility bubble that prevents Jason damaging a counselor who is climbing through a window - it makes no sense that you are forced to wait till the animation is over,
* fix windows breaking mechanic - right now the safest way of breaking windows is in combat stance, but sometimes pressing E or M1 clik pulls Jason too close go a window a this is a guaranteed stun almost every time - Jason can't hurt counselors climbing through windows and yet thay can stun him - makes no sense,
* the most devastating change in some Jasons id the fact that their abilities take so long to recharge - it's nearly impossible to get things done now, when counselors see all the parts on a map for the objectives - UNDEAD Jasons can't run, and some of them like part 7 Jason are rubbish - I think that in order to compensate for their lack of mobility they should instill fear much quicker - plus give all of them longer stalk,
* Jason traps should be dangerous as well not laughable - stepping into a trap should automaticly put someone in near death state now with just a few HP pts ignoring thick skin perk,
* also there are soooo many bugs that slow you progress when being Jason - you cannot pick up throwing knives quite often, you get stuck and cannot control Jason at all, you can be glitched as well and the only way to combat this it morphing or going with a counselor to a lake

Overall Jason's nerf was too devastating - his controlls were fine before, but now it's clunky and playing Jason is no fun. Players now gang up on Jason like he's a freaking pinata.