Kodiak

Feedback thread for the newest update (25 Oct 17)

Overall impressions of the newest update   165 members have voted

1. 1. Out of 10, how would you rate the changes made to the game in the newest patch?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

196 posts in this topic

I played three matches last night as Part 4 and I could breathe on counselor’s and my grab wasn’t picking anyone up nor was my weapon swing dealing any damage. You would think hey it’s lag but no, less than 100 ping. I had counselor’s crippled and/or out of stamina but my swings went through them and my grabs didn’t do anything and no I wasn’t bugged because of the window prompt. I wouldn’t be able to swing if that were the case. 

Very frustrating, first two matches day of the release went fine but last night hot damn I was fuming. Trying to see if it was a one off or Part 4 related issue but of course in several hours of play with my preference set to Jason I am counselor time and time again. 

I registered to this forum to vote 1 for this patch and the grab nerf. Only the running Jasons are viable now and j7 belongs in the trash can. Escaping confrontations with OP Jason ARE WHAT MAKE THIS GAME EXCITING. You are not supposed to be able to escape every game. I had a LaChappa (Fat Guy) out run me the exit (police) from the second cabin above the big cabin on Higgin's Haven.

Why, you ask? I used stalk to get him to exit a window I was standing at, but I couldn't attack him while he was climbing out and when he hit the ground, I COULDN'T GRAB HIM! Jason's melee attack is beyond broken (it's nearly useless). Jason's grab (pre-nerf) is what made him a threat in the game!

I'm level 101 so playing as Jason wasn't where I was getting my kicks at. I had the most fun FIGHTING Jason. I usually have/had to fight him alone as most other counselors are content to just run. I would mostly get killed in the process (I would get away a few times after a 1-on-1; about 30/70), but I considered myself victorious if I was able to remove Jason's mask, which I have/had become exceedingly good at. Post-nerf, the thrill is TOTALLY GONE. I don't get same sense of accomplishment anymore. Not even close.

The last few games I played, Jason got trolled big-time, and the game timer expired with myself and another counselor in a cabin.The Jason didn't even try to break the door down. I never saw that happen in a F13 movie. It literally kills the game for me.

To people who say that it should be more fair to the counselors, NO IT SHOULD NOT. I think most of the people who say this didn't grow up watching F13 movies in the '80s and hated the NES game. They just don't get what makes an OP Jason special. Jason is SUPPOSED to be OP. It's what drives the tension and gets the adrenaline pumping.

Lastly, the dropped icon idea and the Tommy (nerf) buff. I don't like the idea but I understand where it comes from. If I may make a suggestion, the dropped item icons should NOT appear on the mega-map at all, but should appear, if you are close enough to the, on the mini-map. This preserves the tension of hunting for them and thwarts trolls simultaneously. * Dropped item icons should NOT appear inside cabins even if moved from original location.

Post-patch, it is too easy to find items and this kills the tension. Notice a pattern, here?

The Tommy buff was LONG OVERDUE. This is the silver lining in an otherwise godawful, game-killing update. However, it isn't enough. I was intent to buy the new costumes and kills, but I'm not spending another dime on this game until they fix Jason's grab.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, va_ghost said:

You mean like previously where 90% of the time it was a total wipe-out of all the counselors?  Yeah, why play a game where you know what is going to happen.  It's not like the population was dropping, people were quitting left and right, etc, etc. 

How many survivors where there in a Friday the 13th movie again? Sometimes only one, you say? You should not play a Friday the 13th game and expect to survive. If you were, you were playing the game wrong. The goal is to escape, but not everyone will make it. Just like, I don't know, the movies?

The game was better when it was harder. Making it easier killed the tension. If it didn't I'd be playing it, not here posting.

How would I go about inserting a video that I took on my phone of in game play to show what is happening. Each time I try it says limit is about 500 kilos. 

I gave this a one. Look the trap thing is a really big deal to me. This was a lot of my strategy. Not just that but 75% of my play style. Everyone has med spray, and knives are everywhere, so what does it hurt to keep me alerted that people are doing objectives or slow down a flock of Debbie's from starting the car in 15 seconds. You say it's complaining but you play the small maps with a Jason with slow shift speed and those off target morphs and you feel that ish. It's not a glitch or exploit, all it does is completely take out a style. It should be hard to do objectives, I still managed on double and triple trapped phones to fix and call. That said it doesn't matter, I played a match as part 2 and got wrecked. I played as Savini and p4 and o got 7/7 and 8/8. All you did was make part 2 pointless to play as and you turned this game more into dbd. Pretty soon Jason will have to hit counselors twice and hook them.

1 person likes this

This patch really hurt the game, imo.

The thrill is gone, for me. If I wanted to play Dead by Daylight, I would've bought it.

1 person likes this

I just wanted to add that this use to be my favorite game, I've been playing this and only this since day one of release. Now these changes have soured me a lot. It just doesn't feel the same. Hopefully single player is good. Cause I think I'm just burnt out online and the new update just completely turned me off. It was a good run and I def got my $55 worth.

1 person likes this

There's no real tension if you can reasonably expect to survive every game. In fact, When I didn't fight Jason, was surviving 85% of my games pre-patch! It's why I started fighting him. For the thrill of it all.

Let's be honest, there isn't much to this game. How long will it take before people get tired of it? Escaping used to be a big deal, now it isn't.

If all you do is escape all the time, you're going to get bored very quickly. I have. If I see online that the devs have restored Jason grab, I might play it more regularly again. As it stands, I'm getting ready to move on.

On 10/26/2017 at 1:04 PM, Redcat345 said:

Love Fox and the new kills, I hate the grab Nerf because counselors can easily escape even within range and reach, also hate the trap spacing.

The trap spacing was a terrible idea. One of the worst I've seen.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, MyNameisJason said:

So you want Jason to be nerfed some more? A competent counselor with a good team can still survive on his/her own. I escape/ survive a vast majority of the time. Majority of the time the Jason players aren’t spectacular other times they are definitely seasoned and you win some you lose some. It all depends on the situation. The devs tweaked grease monkey because it started the car too fast. If you’re at the car and Jason stops it or halted the counselor’s ability to get it started than the idea is to evade and get back to it later. A team has to be very coordinated to battle Jason at the car to keep him stunned or highly distracted enough to allow someone to start the car. If you’re stopped its over. It wasn’t meant to be hop right back in and repeat. 

Nerfing Jason some more just so you can start the car isn’t exactly a solution to this issue. I don’t repeat quick kills, atm I don’t even have any equipped. But what is a Jason supposed to do if he’s being swarmed by three to five counselor’s using melee stun weapons, fire crackers, and/or shotguns. Probably start swinging but you can’t play hack and slash forever. Depending on the situation, some counselor’s have to go quick. 

Let us review :

1. No one said anything about nerfing Jason - I pointed out where combat itself is flawed and needs to be corrected. I also stated that making an adjustment to Jason's range and grab itself was a complete mistake. Please look back at my previous posts about my opinion of the patch and what I felt was a better move from the dev team. I think you would be surprised that my comments. I am completely against the Nerf bat. It is used because a problem is not being addressed so they take the easy way out.

2.  Combat Stance reduces the odds of you getting stunned because you can block

• Based on this getting swarmed by Campers technically is an even fight if you are using combat stance
  • Weapons break they cannot fight you forever
  • Everyone is completely dependent on the grab as if it is the only way to kill 
  • Firecrackers are avoidable to a degree
  • Shotguns are one shot and then they are defenseless

3. The game was designed to have a lot of Teamwork and other tactics Solo players survive a lot less simply based on how the game is designed you will run out of Stamina and if he is relentless you will be killed.

All the things I mentioned were based on the Mechanics need to be revamped and Jason has a lot of room for improvement. To fight those tougher Campers stalk should come way earlier and Morph should be Later. Sense is basically useless early game and only needs to be used based on Hiding Campers or stealthy ones by end game as you decrease their numbers. 

I respect your opinion but again you focused on only one aspect when my comments are focused on both sides. I do not feel Jason is nerfed if you revamp the escape mechanic. Especially if I have a bat in my hand. I am gonna swing till he breaks me. But that entire mechanic is completely flawed unless you happen to in a unique spot on the map. Tell me how that is fair to any player?

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, va_ghost said:

You mean like previously where 90% of the time it was a total wipe-out of all the counselors?  Yeah, why play a game where you know what is going to happen.  It's not like the population was dropping, people were quitting left and right, etc, etc. 

VA-Ghost, if you play on PC I welcome you to come play with my community. You will see and you can check all my twitch footage where there Jason killing everyone was not 100% at all. In fact, he had to work to get a kill. Very rarely did he get everyone. I agree with you that matches are completely unstable as well. But my comment about knowing what is going to happen is this

1. Game starts
  2. Jason grabs knives
  3. Jason teleports to phone
  4. Traps phone
  5. Teleports and traps car
  6. Traps another car
  7. Now hunt Campers

So you go from suspense to just upset every time you spawn in the house with the phone and instantly a target to Jason or just know that you need to find 4 pocket knives 6 med sprays and be armed with bats axes and wrenches. Where is the dynamic never know what is gonna happen each round? Oh and let's not leave out player dies player quits

I can't believe 21 people voted 1 out of 10. I would love to hear their justification for this. I say that as someone who has issues with the latest update like nerfing Jason's grab, and not being allowed to double trap. But there was a some great stuff with this, like Fox and the updates to Tommy.

The issue with this and why so many people voted one is because this is not the same game that was created and backed. The mechanics have been changed. It wasn't a game so every casual can escape as a counselor and every Jason could be defened against. Why wait three hours in a lobby for your chance as Jason to come around if half your rooms gonna escape. Casual players started complaining and boom Jason might as well hold the door for em and fix the car himself. I've been rocking since day one and the mechanics that made this game a blast to play all night just took a big old healthy sh@$t 

2 people like this

Boat is bugged. If Jason trys tip you and a dock or rock is on the right side of the Boat, you become stuck with the hair dynamics glitches. Pressing buttons wildly sometimes frees you.

Oops wrong thread.

40 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

I can't believe 21 people voted 1 out of 10. I would love to hear their justification for this. I say that as someone who has issues with the latest update like nerfing Jason's grab, and not being allowed to double trap. But there was a some great stuff with this, like Fox and the updates to Tommy.

I voted 1/10 and my response is just a few posts before yours.

they also need to fix context kills glitch thats been a problem for months

I adore this patch. I have nothing bad to say; other than Chad's luck is still broken. 

Why I Voted 1:

I've played through game crashes, roof and phone box glitchers, and truly caustic players and honestly it was worth it just to have the chance once or twice a night to be Jason and let loose. It was the most fun part of the game for me and a lot of other players. The strategy required to best 7 other people was so thorough and deep that it made every single small game problem seem trivial. With the most recent game update that all changed for me. Jason got Nerfed. The reduction in grab distance and the forced buffer space between traps is game changing. The idea that Multi Trapping Objectives wasnt intentionally placed as an option in the game is astounding to me because for me It really was the best way to delay counselors from calling the police and was the backbone of my Jason strategy.  By using my traps at one objective I was also freeing up other objectives completely from traps. It created options in play style. Now essentially a counselor has to take out only one trap and they can get any objective going. With the small maps and part icons on the player map the game has already become hard enough to play as Jason, but with the addition of changes to Jason's traps and grab its become ridiculously difficult. In my opinion this update makes the game too easy for the counselors and caters to a lazier gameplay style. It shouldn't be easy to escape from Jason Voorhees because it makes it rewarding when you actually do.

3 people like this

I have a few things to say since the update as far as playing Jason.  I'm lvl 99 good at both Jason and councilor. Put enough time in to have good statements to make. So....

All the fuss about Jason's grab being crap, being under powered, or that sort of thing.  Um grab is perfect now. Realistic reach. I got in a match with skilled players and wiped them all out.  Was this easy oh no. Some of the changes made make it harder to complete a full kill sweep now but that is great. It takes time to be good or great in either roll you play which takes PRACTICE.... I see no issues with Jason. Good councillors can get the job done too. Imo

1 person likes this

@Caulus You're the biggest crybaby I've ever saw (@Kodiak is this against the forum rules?).

For you, there is just the grab range and stacking traps to "fix". Nothing else matters. Jason is supposed to be overpowered but balanced too. 

If you've readed Wes Keltner's twitter, you remember that he said the multiplayer passes during the 3/4 of a F13th movie (the last survivors' chase). During it, the survivor survive a long time being chased by Jason before the ending. That is what it was lacking in the game! We need a hit detection fix!

And there are other ways to kill them besides abusing the grab. You can catch them using Stalk, for example.

Stamina and Speed-based counselors (Chad, Tiffany, Vanessa and Bugzzy), since they have low Repair, they can be catched by stepping on your Trap and if they start the Repair minigame, they will fair and alert you.

Repair-based counselors (Adam, Fox, A.J., Deborah and Eric), since they have low Stamina, it'll will be easier if you chase and injure them with your weapon before grabbing them. 

You can counter them im several ways. You that want a quick and easy win. Stop complaining! Jason is still OP and you know it!

Edit: @CryptM Another crybaby.

Edited by NoOneK9503

I love being Jason but now I might Switch my preference to counsler unless some changes are made or I’ll just stop playing if it stays like this. I’ll copy and paste what I just put in another post.... 

Grab range was nerfed way to much! That on top of seeing dropped items on the map is to much. Jason is supposed to be over powered and he’s not now. Counslers have it way to good now. I don’t mind the map item change but the grab range needs to go back if they are keeping it like that...trap change is no big deal....  and also when a counsler animation is happening g through a window if I’m right there swinging my weapon with Jason it should hit them 

1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@Caulus You're the biggest crybaby

Edit: @CryptM

Did I call you a name? If you ask me, you all who asked for Jason's grab to be nerfed are the very definition of crybaby. The game was really tough for me when I first started. You know what I didn't do? Cry about it.

The devs should've just added an easy mode for you whiners, and left a normal mode for us who enjoyed the game the way it was meant to be played.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Caulus said:

Did I call you a name? If you ask me, you all who asked for Jason's grab to be needed are the very definition of crybaby. The game was really tough for me when I first started. You know what I didn't do? Cry about it.

e devs should've just added an easy mode for you whiners, and left a normal mode for us who enjoyed the game the way it was meant to be played.

Show me an argument to counter mine and I'll agree with you.

2 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Show me an argument to counter mine and I'll agree with you.

An easy mode really does solve everyone's issues. Give us our Jason back, and you guys can have your extended tutorial easy mode.

2 people like this

23 minutes ago, Caulus said:

An easy mode really does solve everyone's issues. Give us our Jason back, and you guys can have your extended tutorial easy mode.

Nope. There's no easy mode here. It just depends of the Jason players. If you start spamming the grab (or the Shift-Grab) all the time, you will fail. There is now the need to have more strategy. If you cannot give up of your spam grab and use a LITTLE of skill when playing as Jason, then play another game. Who said Jason is supposed to be easy? As I said, he has several abilities on his arsenal to trick and catch counselors. Even his Combat Stance is not used by the others!

4 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Nope. There's no easy mode here. It just depends of the Jason players. If you start spamming the grab (or the Shift-Grab) all the time, you will fail. There is now the need to have more strategy. If you cannot give up of your spam grab and use a LITTLE of skill when playing as Jason, then play another game. Who said Jason is supposed to be easy? As I said, he has several abilities on his arsenal to trick and catch counselors. Even his Combat Stance is not used by the others!

You said Jason should be easy when you and others like you cried for Jason to be nerfed. The game was fine as it was, imo. The new patch ruined the balance.

2 people like this