Kodiak

Feedback thread for the newest update (25 Oct 17)

Overall impressions of the newest update   165 members have voted

1. 1. Out of 10, how would you rate the changes made to the game in the newest patch?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

196 posts in this topic

I am disappointed to see so many 1/10's. I expect people to be fair when judging and consider the good as well as the bad.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

I am disappointed to see so many 1/10's. I expect people to be fair when judging and consider the good as well as the bad.

As I've said, the "Grab nerf" salt is real...

36 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Its just person, who does not know how to play. And hes want to back old grab range. Kids.

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

And why aren't you disappointed to see almost as much as 10/10? :)

Three of ten. Fox, Costumes and Fixes being the high point. I'm not happy with the Grab nerf. I honestly don't know how to feel about the items appearing on the map. Is it good or is it bad. Kind of torn on that one. Same with Trap changes. Tommy getting buffed was good. Sadly this will always be the patch they nerfed grab in and that will overshadow it no matter what.

Isn’t there people to thoroughly test these things before they go live? This is nuts. For every one thing they fixed, two things glitched. Maybe you should try fixing things one at a time instead of doing one massive update. 

27 minutes ago, Hancove said:

And why aren't you disappointed to see almost as much as 10/10? :)

There's quite a fair amount of new content and some interesting changes made in the newest patch, quite a few of which people have been wanting for a while. A 10/10 is indeed a really high score but some people must really like the new content.

@CountYorgaVampir as I mentioned in a previous post, this thread is not for discussing glitches; it is gameplay feedback only.

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

I think a lot of people are just making emotional judgements about it rather than weighing up the actual good vs the bad. If someone's upset with the changes they're likely to just vote 1 instead of thinking about it any further. They especially won't be inclined to think about it objectively.

There was definitely some progress in the right direction this patch, but I think the game remains as clunky as always. It's regularly been the case that a new update breaks as much as it fixes, and that's part of what upsets the playerbase. Not to mention controversial gameplay changes.

The only thing that helps the situation is the distraction of new content. Without that, there would be more criticism than there already is, because the game is lacking stability and players aren't satisfied with the overall balance. Things must be improved on that front if the game is to truly move forward. I think they desperately need better playtesting and more communication with good players, who can advise them on balance decisions and provide insight into the game that they might not have otherwise.

1 person likes this

Fix the sweater and the force field around windows while counselors are going through, and I'll be satisfied. I was mad as fuck when I got robbed of a Jason kill last night. The emote wheel came up instead of the sweater being used so I died. That was bs. Then the emote wheel stayed up while I was spectating.

Edit:

3 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

11 people voted for Score 1? The salt is real...

I do not believe its salt at all. You changed a mechanic without knowing the complete ramifications of what it is going to do. And the game currently has no dynamic play. Why play a game that you know exactly what is gonna happen 90% of the games you play?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Kodiak said:

There's quite a fair amount of new content and some interesting changes made in the newest patch, quite a few of which people have been wanting for a while. 

This doesn't matter much when the game is no longer a challenge to play. The content won't fix the mechanics.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Reecy said:

I do not believe its salt at all. You changed a mechanic without knowing the complete ramifications of what it is going to do. And the game currently has no dynamic play. Why play a game that you know exactly what is gonna happen 90% of the games you play?

You mean like previously where 90% of the time it was a total wipe-out of all the counselors?  Yeah, why play a game where you know what is going to happen.  It's not like the population was dropping, people were quitting left and right, etc, etc. 

32 minutes ago, va_ghost said:

You mean like previously where 90% of the time it was a total wipe-out of all the counselors?  Yeah, why play a game where you know what is going to happen.  It's not like the population was dropping, people were quitting left and right, etc, etc. 

If you were being wiped out 90% of the time, that speaks to your lack of skill as a counselor. The patch just made it very much easier to escape as a counselor. It doesn't mean you got better as one. I had about a 60% survival rate with the game the way it was before the patch. Even that is a bit high for a game which is SUPPOSED to be in Jason's favor. Now the rate is nearly 100%.

So for a shitty counselor to get a 50% survival rate over the 10% he had before, a player who knows what they are doing now survives nearly every time. Shit players ruined the game for a "gimmie."

2 people like this

30 minutes ago, va_ghost said:

That is arguable. The game was designed so that you have a 30% to 75% based on teamwork. The reason there were so many complete kills goes back to combat issues. I have made my points on ways this can be corrected and the fact that when Jason grabs you the escape mechanic is completely flawed. Putting it in there is like trapping a fat kid in a glass box in the middle of a cupcake shop. You cant have one nor will it ever succeed on unless you are at some point in the map that is not allowing any of Jason's Kills to activate. On that note why not keep track of which kills are being used most and review the head punch is used more than the others? His kill should have a cooldown on it simply so when fighting at the car he should be forced to do combat after a kill for a few seconds vs grab punch grab punch because the starting the car takes X amount of time vs a kill that takes Y time. I think we turned this into math?????

12 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

If you were being wiped out 90% of the time, that speaks to your lack of skill as a counselor. The patch just made it very much easier to escape as a counselor. It doesn't mean you got better as one. I had about a 60% survival rate with the game the way it was before the patch. Even that is a bit high for a game which is SUPPOSED to be in Jason's favor. Now the rate is nearly 100%.

So for a shitty counselor to get a 50% survival rate over the 10% he had before, a player who knows what they are doing now survives nearly every time. Shit players ruined the game for a "gimmie."

I go by what I see. My first locked patch was the kill everyone one fwiw.  I routinely got 7/8 kills (one person always left as they aren't the op side).  And being in games where it does turn into a total kill, as I said, means everyone died.  Not just me. Yet your only response is "git gud" instead of arguing against my points you need to reduce everything to "get better".  I thing the devs DO have access to the figures of population, survival rates, and the like. 

I myself, albeit it with less than 10 games under the new patch have never ever ever seen 100% of the counselors leave.   I think you're making statistics up.  You had a 60% survival rate with the last patch?  Yes, please tell me all about your lambo and your beach house in the Seychelles. 

EDIT:  I would encourage the devs to post survival rates and other demographics of game play.  They certainly wont for a single player, which is why people make the false beat ones chest of please release my stats knowing, like the IRS won't, they won't either.  But, they can and might post on the whole player base, which I hope they do so. 

Are tweaks needed?  Yep.  But after the previous patch we all saw cracks in the player base.  People quitting, populations dropping, and only the Jason players complaining of losing the points, not addressing the larger issues. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, va_ghost said:

I go by what I see. My first locked patch was the kill everyone one fwiw.  I routinely got 7/8 kills (one person always left as they aren't the op side).  And being in games where it does turn into a total kill, as I said, means everyone died.  Not just me. Yet your only response is "git gud" instead of arguing against my points you need to reduce everything to "get better".  I thing the devs DO have access to the figures of population, survival rates, and the like. 

I myself, albeit it with less than 10 games under the new patch have never ever ever seen 100% of the counselors leave.   I think you're making statistics up.  You had a 60% survival rate with the last patch?  Yes, please tell me all about your lambo and your beach house in the Seychelles. 

See the difference is, I will GLADLY allow, and even encourage the devs to get my statistics to back up what I say. I had 60% before the patch, which means I died roughly 4 of every 10 games I played as a counselor.

SINCE the patch, I have died 1 time in 34 games. That's ridiculous.

1 person likes this

Items on map :

• Understandable because some people play without mics and that isn't your fault they aren't communicating. You should almost be forced to have a mic to play. 
  • Someone suggested only people with walkies could see the stuff on the map as players would naturally relay message. Problem being some people who play without mics have no incentive to grab a walkie and might just close the drawer and not grab it

Tommy(Health and Knife):

• Could have done without the health, but it's fine and knife was good because why would a guy charge into a campground with one shotgun bullet and that's it knowing there is a killer there. Also, he is Tommy(the hero), dude has a knife. Lastly, a lot of times he comes back late and everything has been searched/raided and that's basically a shotgun shot is all you have.

Traps:

• I think placing anymore than 2 traps on an objective has always been a bad strategy. 1 on fuse, 1 on blue car battery, save the rest. I developed this strategy because I random Jason and a lot of times I get Jason characters who have 3 traps only, you have to be smart with them.

Fox:

• She's great. Like another Adam/Aj

Jason Grab(Most disputed):

• I think it is now better and true to a correct range, It can be tweaked still, but overall better. I'm focused on the range in front of him, it's better now.
  • As for people who say I can just be shoulder to shoulder with Jason and not get grabbed, that's true and appropriate if you are on his weapon side shoulder. Please try to reach your right arm passed your left shoulder without turning your torso. If you want to grab players, you have to face them.

Please be patient with your learning curve and everyone else that plays the game. Nothing has been done to counselors where they have to learn to adapt this patch, Jason is someone you have to learn with and since you play as him less it will take everyone longer to reestablish their skill. In the long run I think the grab range to Jason will be a good thing, just give it some time.
Also, it's very likely in the next patch that they will do something to make you have to relearn as counselor and the same people trying to revert this will be wanting to revert whatever they do to make being counselor more difficult. People just don't want to actually learn strategy and skill. They want it to be easy on both side and that, in my opinion, is what would make this game unplayable.
I was doing things before to make Jason hard for myself, like placing no traps or only doing enviromentals or only doing long kills or slash kills or throwing knife kills(if I had them). This patch will make it to where playing normal is hard enough.

When I did these things to make it harder for me as Jason, yeah I'd only kill 3-5 per game.. but to me playing as Jason I prefer the challenge and the counselors to escape.
Also, if you want a challenge as a counselor then don't take the easy escape out. Fix the car and let others go, perhaps try to kill Jason every match and challenge yourself. The game is only as hard as YOU make it.

26 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

See the difference is, I will GLADLY allow, and even encourage the devs to get my statistics to back up what I say. I had 60% before the patch, which means I died roughly 4 of every 10 games I played as a counselor.

SINCE the patch, I have died 1 time in 34 games. That's ridiculous.

That's because Jason players don't know how to kill you without the extensive use of the grab. Wait for a bit a you will see.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

That's because Jason players don't know how to kill you without the extensive use of the grab. Wait for a bit a you will see.

Obviously you don't know the importance on grab kills this is jason's main way to kill not slashing messing up grab radius just ruins it and now chasing councelers for long periods of time will be the norm this is a nightmare on Vanessa buggzy Tiffany even Chad will run circles around jason's and it's not because we are bad either. They have made Jason handicapped..

1 person likes this

I gave it a 5.  I like Fox, the costumes, the Part IV kills and the Tommy buff. Hate the Jason grab nerf. Somewhat dislike the trap nerf and I'm indifferent towards items showing on the map. Didn't need it but I'm fine with it being there.  As I said in another thread, I'm not going to cry about the changes I don't like, I'll just adapt to them and move on.

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Blackbird68 said:

Obviously you don't know the importance on grab kills this is jason's main way to kill not slashing messing up grab radius just ruins it and now chasing councelers for long periods of time will be the norm this is a nightmare on Vanessa buggzy Tiffany even Chad will run circles around jason's and it's not because we are bad either. They have made Jason handicapped..

There are multiple ways to catch counselors. Stamina-based ones (Vanessa, Bugzzy, Tiffany and even Chad) can be countered by using Stalk or forcing them to step on your Traps since they can't repair for shit.

Repair-based and low Stamina ones (A. J., Adam, Deborah and Eric) are easier to kill when chased, hacked, then grabbed.

This is Friday the 13th or not? You cannot just grab all the counselors and be sucessful! Counselor chase is part of the game! There's the need to use strategy too! Where is it?

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Reecy said:

That is arguable. The game was designed so that you have a 30% to 75% based on teamwork. The reason there were so many complete kills goes back to combat issues. I have made my points on ways this can be corrected and the fact that when Jason grabs you the escape mechanic is completely flawed. Putting it in there is like trapping a fat kid in a glass box in the middle of a cupcake shop. You cant have one nor will it ever succeed on unless you are at some point in the map that is not allowing any of Jason's Kills to activate. On that note why not keep track of which kills are being used most and review the head punch is used more than the others? His kill should have a cooldown on it simply so when fighting at the car he should be forced to do combat after a kill for a few seconds vs grab punch grab punch because the starting the car takes X amount of time vs a kill that takes Y time. I think we turned this into math?????

So you want Jason to be nerfed some more? A competent counselor with a good team can still survive on his/her own. I escape/ survive a vast majority of the time. Majority of the time the Jason players aren’t spectacular other times they are definitely seasoned and you win some you lose some. It all depends on the situation. The devs tweaked grease monkey because it started the car too fast. If you’re at the car and Jason stops it or halted the counselor’s ability to get it started than the idea is to evade and get back to it later. A team has to be very coordinated to battle Jason at the car to keep him stunned or highly distracted enough to allow someone to start the car. If you’re stopped its over. It wasn’t meant to be hop right back in and repeat. 

Nerfing Jason some more just so you can start the car isn’t exactly a solution to this issue. I don’t repeat quick kills, atm I don’t even have any equipped. But what is a Jason supposed to do if he’s being swarmed by three to five counselor’s using melee stun weapons, fire crackers, and/or shotguns. Probably start swinging but you can’t play hack and slash forever. Depending on the situation, some counselor’s have to go quick. 

In my opinion you nerfed Jason too much. Against a good organized group it's very difficult to near impossible to stop them from escaping due to the shortened grab and no multi trapping the phone box.Either you need to extend his grab a bit more but not like it was pre patch if that is possible.Or you need to reduce pocket knife spawns,reduce stun times,or recharge all his abilities faster to compensate for 2 fairly substantial nerfs you just gave him.On the plus side glad Jason get credit and Xp regardless of they quit mid kill.

I agree with what PsychBam said, 

5 hours ago, PsychBam said:

As for people who say I can just be shoulder to shoulder with Jason and not get grabbed, that's true and appropriate if you are on his weapon side shoulder. Please try to reach your right arm passed your left shoulder without turning your torso. If you want to grab players, you have to face them.

granted I haven't used a protractor or any instruments to make accurate measurements of my arms reach when I extend it out directly from my left side and then sweep it around as far right as I can reach without turning my torso, (I'm pretty sure every Jason version carries his weapon in his right hand and grabs with the left), even if it is argued that the arc would be about 180 degrees covering from reaching directly to my left with my left arm and sweeping my left arm from that position across to my right, the range of my grasp decreases when the angle/arc increases beyond 90 degrees, (say my left arm being stretched out directly to my left is 0 degrees, my left arm reaching directly in front of me is going from 0 degrees to essentially 90 degrees, the range of my grasp is essentially the length of my left arm), but if I try to reach something that is to my right with my left arm, assuming I do not rotate my torso, the range of my grasp would be reduced so I would either need to move closer to the object I am reaching for, or I would need to turn myself on the spot

under the current game conditions introduced by the patch, Jason players can still use their weapon/throwing knives to inflict damage on counselors to reduce them to the injured/limping stage, and then move in for a grab and execution, or simply just "cut" them down with repeated weapon strikes, granted a counselor may have a pocket knife and/or med spray, but that is just something Jason would have to deal with if/as it occurs, and it is something Jason players have been dealing with since the games initial release

10 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Regardless of whether revealing items on the map stays or goes. I do think there is ONE aspect that should stay regardless of what happens.

When asshole counselors decide to take the other set of car keys or the fuse or the propeller or another car part with them when they escape in the car or the boat. The other counselors who aren't in the area have NO IDEA what happened to the parts.

Add to that, not enough of the community knows the parts/items dry up on the shore line, moreover even what shoreline they dry up on. I DO THINK the parts should show up on the map on the shoreline IF counselors decide to be assholes and escape with them. This would help the remaining counselors understand WHY they can't find other parts.

That's a fair trade to me.

I like this. I think items on the map should go, but if you escape with an item it should respawn.

I accidentally did this a week or so ago. I had the second set of car keys, and meant to drop them before escaping to the police, but I misjudged and got too close to the bridge and suddenly went on auto-pilot and couldn't drop them anymore. Then while I was spectating I heard the remaining counselors wondering where the second set of keys were. I felt bad.

1 person likes this