JasonKILLER

The new update is GREAT :D

I got to say devs you guys have step your game up alot on this update.

1. You guys are cracking down on a lot of thing that was trolling this game. Like you can no longer kill random players with shotgun or melee weapon to troll and now with the new update counselors can not troll by placing items in random area of the map so no one can find it because you can see it on the map.

2.Jason can no longer abuse the heck out of that 5 or 6 feet grab and kill a counselor.(Jason finally takes skills to kill counselors now :) )

3.I would have been more ok with tommy only having a health spray.I dont really see why he needed a pocket knife.

In all though I would say this has been a very good update

• Like 3

Personally, if I were to make the trap change, what I would've done is include a bonus XP or CP reward if you captured people with a trap that was a certain amount of distance away from other traps.

You could play it safe by double or triple trapping an objective (albeit it's overkilll to use more than two traps in the same spot to begin with), but you wouldn't reap a bigger reward. This would reward creativity on the Jason player's end, encouraging him to think outside the box with trap placement. I used to enjoy watching Stoiker's videos on Youtube when I was learning how pros used traps, and it was amazing what he could accomplish using Stalk as well as figuring out where counselors would likely run to when he hunted them down.

In short, get rid of the "one trap per certain amount of distance" change, and start rewarding players who want to play mind games with the counselors.

• Like 1

The trap change is stupid but the grab fix was completely justified, it just seems pretty wonky right now as you don't always grab someone even if you are humping their face when you do it.

The one thing I would like for them to stop screwing up is the framerate. I ran this game perfectly at launch with a constant 40-60 fps (granted it was optimized like dog shit but it was completely playable) but now I am at a constant 20fps or lower and more often than not dropping to 5-10fps during shift.

Please, Gun, fix your shit.

Yea I just now notice the change in traps when playing as Jason and I would agree that I did prefer him being able to trap in the same area near the his other traps.But I still liking this new update :)

The only thing I like about the trap change is... you don't "have" to play Bagman anymore if you want to play at peak performance... now all Jason's are equally trash in that regard and you can chose differently... so... semi-yay, I guess?

6 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

OP only plays as counselor so he's fine with all this garbage.

Not true at all, I prefer to play as Jason I just like how somethings got fix like Jason ridiculous long grab that was clearly needed to be fix. Also this update stop trolling counselors from trolling the team by placing things  in random spot so no one could find it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Ok, seriously, this is getting out of hand. If you don't like the changes, there's a petition that was started on the suggestions area of the forum. Otherwise, all you're doing is screaming like a howler monkey at someone whose opinion is they like the changes.

Personally I like many of the changes. Tommy Jarvis needed help, and get he got it plus reasons to not use him like a second life. I'm indifferent about the trap changes but believe there could've been a better way to encourage people to git gud and not triple stack traps on an objective. The ability to see where objective parts were purposely dropped on a map helps deal with trolls to a degree (considering ofc that you actually get a map; definitely gonna start sticking a trap on that area when I'm Jason for now on). The grab range has always been an issue with its 10 feet magnetic reach; might need fine tuning, but it's heading in the right direction IMO.

This nerf of Jason only beneifts the bad players that need help escapeing from Jason.

• Like 2

Just now, Fooobar said:

This nerf of Jason only beneifts the bad players that need help escapeing from Jason.

This whole patch is based around helping out the new "retail" players... making it less frustrating for them...

• Like 1

Wait, what's changed? I was on last night, and as Jason, set two traps right next to one another, in front of the fuse box for the phone. When I dropped by a few minutes later, a dead counselor was lying across them. So they can't be set close together anymore? Tough, the devs should have left it as it was. Maybe if more counselors worked together in a fucking team, they would come up with a solution (one that would involve a foot + health spray).

Also, shouldn't they prioritise the server issue(s) first? This update is meaningless, if getting into a match involves luck.

39 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Wait, what's changed? I was on last night, and as Jason, set two traps right next to one another, in front of the fuse box for the phone. When I dropped by a few minutes later, a dead counselor was lying across them. So they can't be set close together anymore? Tough, the devs should have left it as it was. Maybe if more counselors worked together in a fucking team, they would come up with a solution (one that would involve a foot + health spray).

Also, shouldn't they prioritise the server issue(s) first? This update is meaningless, if getting into a match involves luck.

Well it really depends on how you set it up now, but there will be times where you think you can place it kind of close to one another and it look possible but however depending on how you place it, it might not let  you.

Remember how everyone complains that Part 7 Jason sucks? Well this update sets him back even FURTHER.

He already has a trap weakness and this update is a trap nerf.

Key items are shown on the map when dropped. Counselor can do a hard push against his slow ass.

His also has a shift weakness. So reducing the range of his grab hurts him more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pRaX said:

This whole patch is based around helping out the new "retail" players... making it less frustrating for them...

Yes, abut I think it will hurt the gameplay for all others.

1 hour ago, Archgamer said:

Remember how everyone complains that Part 7 Jason sucks? Well this update sets him back even FURTHER.

He already has a trap weakness and this update is a trap nerf.

Key items are shown on the map when dropped. Counselor can do a hard push against his slow ass.

His also has a shift weakness. So reducing the range of his grab hurts him more.

Stacking traps is a valid complaint of a Jason 7 nerf? What? How will the other phone boxes be trapped? With 3 traps, stacking is useless since you NEED to protect other objectives as well.

4 hours ago, JasonKILLER said:

I got to say devs you guys have step your game up alot on this update.

1. You guys are cracking down on a lot of thing that was trolling this game. Like you can no longer kill random players with shotgun or melee weapon to troll and now with the new update counselors can not troll by placing items in random area of the map so no one can find it because you can see it on the map.

2.Jason can no longer abuse the heck out of that 5 or 6 feet grab and kill a counselor.(Jason finally takes skills to kill counselors now :) )

3.I would have been more ok with tommy only having a health spray.I dont really see why he needed a pocket knife.

In all though I would say this has been a very good update

Just stopping by to say that I agree 99% with that.

Soon enough the only big problem will be the crap servers. Oh, and you (devs) need to add penalty for those who leave the session in the middle of a match and  transfer the ownership to another player when the host quits.

4 hours ago, HeavyTeemu said:

Pocket knife is there to help disarm traps. Even though most people probably still use it to tank Jason.

Sure. And flare gun is for spotting Jason.

46 minutes ago, slvrs said:

Soon enough the only big problem will be the crap servers. Oh, and you (devs) need to add penalty for those who leave the session in the middle of a match and  transfer the ownership to another player when the host quits.

Host migration will never happen if you read the notes from from the devs.

On 10/26/2017 at 4:14 AM, Anonymous said:

I love all of the new changes as well and I enjoy playing both equally. I got the achievement for killing 1,313 counselors yesterday. These changes are good in my opinion. I just played a game as Jason and killed 8/8 easily.

5 hours ago, pRaX said:

This whole patch is based on what WE have asked for HERE on the forums. 90% of the changes were discussed HERE. I have no issues with any changes they made yet. I'll get more playtime in this weekend and that might change my opinion. As of right now, I'd say they did a good job with this patch.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, or if it's listed in the patch details, but Jason also gets the kill if a counselor is betrayed. That's pretty cool, in situations where a hasty shotgun blast after a grab, or a darting counselor in front of a fleeing car robs you of XP.

Played as both Jason and counselor last night and had a blast on both rounds.  The balance is good and the new features didn't diminish my ability to slaughter the counselors one bit.

11 minutes ago, Truth said:

This whole patch is based on what WE have asked for HERE on the forums. 90% of the changes were discussed HERE. I have no issues with any changes they made yet. I'll get more playtime in this weekend and that might change my opinion. As of right now, I'd say they did a good job with this patch.

No. Many thing in the patched i based on what a few whiny bad players have nagged about.

Jason need no nerf. Period.