Alien_Number_Six

Bring back the old grab and traps. Petition

101 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, King_Duncan_VII said:

You can miss me with this irrelevant BS. Thanks. Buggzy isn't even my main - that'd be Fox now (it was Deborah before her).

Duh! Are you not reading what I'm writing? Let me pull a quote from myself. "If you step in a trap, you DESERVE to get caught. But you DON'T deserve to die because you're caught in a chain of traps. That's just dumb and unrealistic."

This!!!

Wow. This is why I'm glad Jason's grab was nerfed. You're using the word 'fun' synonymously with the word 'easy'. Put some effort into playing Jason and stop expecting a handout just to feed your pleasure. It shouldn't be easy for Jason and it shouldn't be easy for counselors. I bet you if I played Jason, you wouldn't think it was easy to be a counselor. I still average 6+ kills a game. It's not about the tools you have, it's how you use them. Jason is still OP, you just need to learn how your particular Jason shines.

And I'm using it with the word difficult as well, but feel free to ignore the rest of my post to suit your argument. Being a counselor should be something of a rough ride, as the game currently is I think counselors have it too easy.

@Alien_Number_Six You should've made this a poll. There's no way to tell how many people "signed" without scrolling through 3 pages of crap.

1 person likes this

No I read your post. I stand by my statement. Everyone who plays this game knows Jason often places more than one trap at the phone. If you were running around a cabin supposedly not knowing it was the fuse house and didn't see the red light, then yes you deserve to get trapped and die.

1 minute ago, Toddarino said:

Did you read what you typed. This all makes escaping easier for a counselor. Now someone can just pick up a part and drop it thus marking it on the map. No more searching for parts.

Just because you only use one trap and save the others doesn't mean the thousands of other people playing do it the same way as you. So now you can't stack traps. This makes it easier to tank them thus easier for counselors to escape.

Yeah and what I typed was my play style and how if I succeed that way with using no traps sometimes then Jason is still OP and that these changes aren't a nerf.
Just because you don't have to search doesn't mean that you can install and escape. Especially if there is just 1 or 2 people left and they can see the part at a house where Jason killed someone else doesn't mean they can successfully carry it to the car and install it. It's no different from me telling people where it is/when I'm a runner like vanessa i just pick up parts sprint them to the car and drop them.. now no one has to  search for it.. doesn't make the rest of it easier.

The point here is, I can now brush shoulders with Jason and he can't grab me. Counselors are faster than Jason, the cone has been reduced to ridiculous levels. I don't want to be able to grab someone who is 20ft away, and I have never had that problem. I have never had a Jason on PS4 grab me from a ridiculous length, not once. 

But now, Jason can be up your ass and you can smile and wave and not be grabbed. That's complete bullshit. I have not died once since the patch and I don't even fear it happening because I can dance circles around Jason all day and he can't grab me even if I am in his face. There is no challenge to this game as a counselor anymore.

Cops are called EVERY game which is sad and pathetic that we needed to nerf so much so that every objective can get done every game.

People on here bitched about not having a "chance" at survival? I never had an issue with surviving with Jason the way he was. Now survival is pretty much guaranteed as matches don't last more than 7 minutes.

As for all these so-called "pros" who never have cops called without trapping or using one trap. I call bullshit, or you must play with nothing but noobs because any experienced team is going to call the police. And as for your patrolling argument ...

Here is a Prime example of why that is bullshit.

Jason morphs to phone, places a trap. Counselors A,B,C also near the phone (in that general area) ... fuse ALSO by the phone (and the fuse is ALWAYS close to the phone house). Counselor gets pocket knife. Jason morphs to car to place trap there ... counselor undoes trap at phone, calls police all before Jason even has morph again to come back to the phone. This all happens within the first 1-2 minutes of the game. Game now lasts 6-7 minutes.

This is going back to the same shit that happened in the beta before there were traps or even a fuse. Cops were being called every game, there was no challenge and it didn't feel like you needed to do much to survive.

Counselors can be in 3 places at once. Jason cannot. Now there is nothing stopping any objective from being done  - You wanted an easy button.

Counselors are faster than Jason, and now we can walk right up to him and not be grabbed. - You wanted an easy button

Now counselors have more information than Jason and know where everything is at all times. - You wanted an easy button.

You spout off about using skill as Jason, and everything here has made it so that it requires no skill to be a counselor. There's no effort or work to be put in. It's just all easy as pie now.

It is supposed to be HARDER to survive as a counselor, not harder to be killed by Jason.

You wanted an easy button as a counselor and I'd be willing to bet that the people saying "I do just fine as Jason, everything is great!" are people who ONLY play counselors and I bet everything is great now that you literally have the game handed to you. 

This is a joke. Seriously no tension as a counselor anymore. It's not a matter of IF you will escape anymore. It's a matter of which method you'll be using to do so.

3 people like this

It honestly just depends on your play level I have never(even with the patch) had issues being Jason. I still kill mostly everyone and it's fine. I still escape though too. People just like to complain about anything. 

Keyboard Warriors.

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

@Alien_Number_Six You should've made this a poll. There's no way to tell how many people "signed" without scrolling through 3 pages of crap.

Yeah your right. Can I still do it?

20 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Jason shouldn't get nerfs. It's his game.

This logic is illogical. 

17 minutes ago, PsychBam said:

None of the things added make it easier to escape as counselor. The grab was changed to a real grab as in if you are close to me I can grab you, none of this stuff where if a counselor ran really close to me I couldn't grab him. The traps didn't make it any easier. I usually on put one trap on phone and one on battery and keep the others for strategy.. so that didn't make counselor easier. The tommy knife is a bit much but I mean he is a guy heading into an area he knew there was a murder and only brought 1 bullet... so a knife is okay. Knowing where the parts are once they are dropped doesn't make it easier. You still have to repair and escape without Jason killing you. 
Like I said I use only two traps per match and have even messed around with no traps and I still get 6+ kills a game. So please explain how this patch ruined anything

Exactly! I am still having no issues with killing as Jason. I kind of want to see these petitioners play as Jason and see what the real issue is. This petition is to allow Jason to grab from ridiculous ranges and angles. It's mind-boggling. 

10 minutes ago, tiberiusmcqueen said:

And I'm using it with the word difficult as well, but feel free to ignore the rest of my post to suit your argument. Being a counselor should be something of a rough ride, as the game currently is I think counselors have it too easy.

I didn't ignore your post. I just addressed the essence of your post.

7 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

No I read your post. I stand by my statement. Everyone who plays this game knows Jason often places more than one trap at the phone. If you were running around a cabin supposedly not knowing it was the fuse house and didn't see the red light, then yes you deserve to get trapped and die.

I understand and I still disagree. They don't deserve to die for stepping into one trap and getting forced to step into other traps. That's dumb and kind of shows me where the mindset of some of you petitioners are. Cheap.

2 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yeah your right. Can I still do it?

You should be able to. I think I've seen others do it before 

1 minute ago, PsychBam said:

You should be able to. I think I've seen others do it before 

No I can't but that's ok.

2 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

No I can't but that's ok.

I'd say just start a new thread and have the mods lock this one. It makes no sense to have a poll without having a poll right?

8 minutes ago, dmack621 said:

The point here is, I can now brush shoulders with Jason and he can't grab me. Counselors are faster than Jason, the cone has been reduced to ridiculous levels. I don't want to be able to grab someone who is 20ft away, and I have never had that problem. I have never had a Jason on PS4 grab me from a ridiculous length, not once. 

The key is to NOT GO FOR THE GRAB FIRST! It's that simple. Hack at your prey, wound them, and get the easy grab-kill or continue to slash until they're dead. Yes, they reduced the grab range, but they didn't reduce the swing range/radius. WOUND THEN KILL, WOUND THEN KILL. That is the best way to play Jason. Make it easy on yourself.

And lucky you that you haven't encountered any outrageous grab kills on PS4. I am a PS4 player and I can tell you that, as Jason, I have grabbed many counselors from an unreasonable range.

But now, Jason can be up your ass and you can smile and wave and not be grabbed. That's complete bullshit. I have not died once since the patch and I don't even fear it happening because I can dance circles around Jason all day and he can't grab me even if I am in his face. There is no challenge to this game as a counselor anymore.

That's because that Jason doesn't know how to be effective. Jason shouldn't try to grab first, he should SLASH first, WOUND the target, then go for the GRAB kill - in that order. SLASH, WOUND, GRAB.

Cops are called EVERY game which is sad and pathetic that we needed to nerf so much so that every objective can get done every game.

I do agree that objective shouldn't be able to be seen on the map unless you are within a certain range of the dropped item. For example, if I'm by one of the main road exits, I shouldn't be able to see that the fuse is on the shore across the map. I should only be able to see objective items IF I am within a certain radius of that dropped item.

Here is a Prime example of why that is bullshit.

Jason morphs to phone, places a trap. Counselors A,B,C also near the phone (in that general area) ... fuse ALSO by the phone (and the fuse is ALWAYS close to the phone house). Counselor gets pocket knife. Jason morphs to car to place trap there ... counselor undoes trap at phone, calls police all before Jason even has morph again to come back to the phone. This all happens within the first 1-2 minutes of the game. Game now lasts 6-7 minutes.

The issue here is that the fuse spawns close to the fuse box. I think this should be changed. Especially since the fuse is the greatest objective item to have.

Counselors can be in 3 places at once. Jason cannot. Now there is nothing stopping any objective from being done  - You wanted an easy button.

What does this have to do with Jason's grab? It's the risk of using Jason's Morph. This isn't new.

Counselors are faster than Jason, and now we can walk right up to him and not be grabbed. - You wanted an easy button

Counselors have always been faster than Jason. Also not new. Secondly, and again, STOP TRYING TO GRAB FIRST. It is that easy. Slash and wound! This is a very easy concept to execute as Jason. He doesn't need to grab you while you're not wounded and it's much harder if he tries. He should ALWAYS slash, wound (to where the counselor is limping), and then go for a grab.

Now counselors have more information than Jason and know where everything is at all times. - You wanted an easy button.

As I've stated previously, you should only be able to see objective items on the map if you're with a specific (but nicely sized) range of the objective item. I don't believe you should be able to see it from anywhere on the map.

You wanted an easy button as a counselor and I'd be willing to bet that the people saying "I do just fine as Jason, everything is great!" are people who ONLY play counselors and I bet everything is great now that you literally have the game handed to you. 

I hope you aren't a betting person because you would be wrong. I play Jason so effectively that my friends asked me to change my spawn preference settings so that I'm not Jason too often. Even after the patch. Just yesterday I've gotten comments on how difficult it was being chased by me as Jason. And no, I don't have the game handed to me as a counselor. I've gotten killed by Jasons with enough sense to slash at me first before trying to grab me.

13 minutes ago, Truth said:

I'd say just start a new thread and have the mods lock this one. It makes no sense to have a poll without having a poll right?

It's ok I made my feelings known. I'm not alone either. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

It's ok I made my feelings known. I'm not alone either. 

True, but I'd like to see where the community stands on this.

To everyone that commented here, I made a poll for this. Please vote!

On 10/26/2017 at 0:15 PM, Alien_Number_Six said:

You already did.

Nope. I think the changes are great! ?

HOW DO I SIGN THE PETITION...THIS UPDATE MAKES NO SENSE..HOW MUCH ARE THEY GOING TO KEEP NERFING JASON...IT WAS HORRENDOUS

ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID WINDOW ANIMATION...NO SPLASH DAMAGE AT ALL TO THE COUNSELORS WHEN THEY ARE HIT BY FLYING GLASS...NOW THEY NERFED THE TRAPS

COMPLETELY...ANYBODY WITH HALF A BRAIN WILL GO TO THE PHONE WITH A POCKET KNIFE...DISARM THE TRAP...CALL THE COPS...GAME OVER..ANYBODY THAT IS A

GOOD JASON PLAYER NEEDS 3 TRAPS ON THE PHONE...I NEVER STACKED TRAPS...DON'T KNOW IF THAT WAS EVER A GLITCH...BUT I PUT THEM CLOSE TO EACH

OTHER...AND IF YOU PLAY WITH JASON 4...2 TRAPS ON THE PHONE..1 ON THE BATTERY OF THE 4 SEATER....THESE PEOPLE SAYING USE YOUR TRAPS

MORE EFFICIENTLY ARE USELESS...OR PUT THEM ON THE WINDOWS...I LOVE NOOB JASONS LIKE THAT...JUST WASTING TRAPS..JUST GO FROM ONE

CABIN TO ANOTHER...THE TRAPS ARE MEANT TO BE ABLE TO TRY AND STOP COUNSELORS FROM COMPLETING OBJECTIVES...THERE WAS

NOTHING WRONG WITH THE GRAB...EVEN GUN SAID..DON'T GET CLOSE TO JASON...YOU WON'T GET GRABBED...I FEEL BAD FOR ANYBODY PLAYING JASON

NOW...THE GAME IS NO LONGER FUN OR CHALLENGING...PLUS TOMMY NOW HAS AN EXTRA KNIFE FOR DISARMING TRAPS...EPIC

FAIL...THEY NEED TO GET RID OF THE X RAY VISION FOR THE COUNSELORS THAT CAN SEE WHERE ALL THE GAS..FUSE..KEYS BATTERY IS ON THE MAP AT

ALL TIMES...IF DROPPED OR PEOPLE ESCAPE WITH IT....THEY TURNED JASON INTO A WEAKLING...THE WINDOWS...TRAPS...GRAB...X RAY VISION ALL NEED TO

BE REVERTED...COUNSELORS STILL USED TO ESCAPE....NOW EVERYBODY JUST ABOUT ESCAPES...THIS GAME WILL VANISH LIKE A FART IN THE

WIND IF THIS ISN'T REVERTED...THEY NEED TO STOP CATERING TO CASUALS...I PLAY ON A PS4 PRO...PHYSICAL AND DIGITAL COPIES OF THE

GAME..2 ACCOUNTS AT 101...WAS ALSO HOPING FOR AN UPGRADED XBOX ONE X ENHANCED PATCH...THIS GAME SHOULD RUN AT 4K NATIVE AT A LOCKED 30 FRAMES A

SECOND...WITH EPIC SETTINGS WITH 4K TEXTURES AND ASSETS ON THE X....I AM SO DISAPOINTED....THEY COMPLETELY RUINED OUR GAME...IF THIS DOESN'T

CHANGE...I AM DONE PLAYING THE GAME...I AM NOT BREAKING WITH A BROKEN JASON...THIS IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE HARDCORE COMMUNITY

THAT IS KEEPING THIS GAME ALIVE...SO TIRED OF ALL THE GAMEPLAY REVISIONS...THE GAMEPLAY WAS PERFECT THE FIRST DAY...JUST A LOT OF GLITCHES AND BUGS...JASON SHOULD BE

ABLE TO USE HIS TRAPS ANY WAY HE SEES FIT..HE ONLY HAS A FEW...BUT THOSE TRAPS ARE EVERYTHING...YOU ARE

COMPLETELY DESTROYING THE STRATEGY OF THE GAME!!! IF IT'S NOT BROKEN...DON'T FIX IT...THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING...

Edited by Tom
typos

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

HOW DO I SIGN THE PETITION...THIS UPDATE MAKES NO SENSE..HOW MUCH ARE THEY GOING TO KEEP NERFING JASON...IT WAS HORRENDOUS ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID WINDOW ANIMATION...

(ENTER MORE CASPS LOCK RANT HERE)

Didn't even bother reading your wall of capslock text. 

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

HOW DO I SIGN THE PETITION...THIS UPDATE MAKES NO SENSE..HOW MUCH ARE THEY GOING TO KEEP NERFING JASON...IT WAS HORRENDOUS ENOUGH WITH THE STUPID WINDOW ANIMATION...NO SPLASH DAMAGE AT ALL TO THE COUNSELORS WHEN THEY ARE HIT BY FLYING GLASS...NOW THEY NERFED THE TRAPS COMPLETELY...ANYBODY WITH HALF A BRAIN WILL GO TO THE PHONE WITH A POCKET KNIFE...DISARM THE TRAP...CALL THE COPS...GAME OVER..ANYBODY THAT IS A GOOD JASON PLAYER NEEDS 3 TRAPS ON THE PHONE...I NEVER STACKED TRAPS...DON'T KNOW IF THAT WAS EVER A GLITCH...BUT I PUT THEM CLOSE TO EACH OTHER...AND IF YOU PLAY WITH JASON 4...2 TRAPS ON THE PHONE..1 ON THE BATTERY OF THE 4 SEATER....THESE PEOPLE SAYING USE YOUR TRAPS MORE EFFICIENTLY ARE USELESS...OR PUT THEM ON THE WINDOWS...I LOVE NOOB JASONS LIKE THAT...JUST WASTING TRAPS..JUST GO FROM ONE CABIN TO ANOTHER...THE TRAPS ARE MEANT TO BE ABLE TO TRY AND STOP COUNSELORS FROM COMPLETING OBJECTIVES...THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE GRAB...EVEN GUN SAID..DON'T GET CLOSE TO HIM...YOU WON'T GET GRABBED...I FEEL BAD FOR ANYBODY PLAYING JASON NOW...THE GAME IS NO LONGER FUN OR CHALLENGING...PLUS TOMMY NOW HAS AN EXTRA KNIFE FOR DISARMING TRAPS...EPIC FAIL...THEY NEED TO GET RID OF THE X RAY VISION FOR THE COUNSELORS THAT CAN SEE WHERE ALL THE GAS..FUSE..KEYS BATTERY IS ON THE MAP AT ALL TIMES...IF DROPPED OR PEOPLE ESCAPE WITH IT....THEY TURNED JASON INTO A WEAKLING...THE WINDOWS...TRAPS...GRAB...X RAY VISION ALL NEED TO BE REVERTED...COUNSELORS STILL USED TO ESCAPE....NOW EVERYBODY JUST ABOUT ESCAPES...THIS GAME WILL VANISH LIKE A FART IN THE WIND IF THIS ISN'T REVERTED...THEY NEED TO STOP CATERING TO CASUALS...I PLAY ON A PS4 PRO...PHYSICAL AND DIGITAL COPIES OF THE GAME..2 ACCOUNTS AT 101...WAS ALSO HOPING FOR AN UPGRADED XBOX ONE X ENHANCED PATCH...THIS GAME SHOULD RUN AT 4K NATIVE AT A LOCKED 30 FRAMES A SECOND...WITH EPIC SETTINGS WITH 4K TEXTURES AND ASSETS ON THE X....I AM SO DISAPOINTED....THEY COMPLETELY RUINED OUR GAME...IF THIS DOESN'T CHANGE...I AM DONE PLAYING THE GAME...I AM NOT BREAKING WITH A BROKEN JASON...THIS IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE HARDCORE COMMUNITY THAT IS KEEPING THIS GAME ALIVE...SO TIRED OF ALL THE GAMEPLAY REVISIONS...THE GAMEPLAY WAS PERFECT THE FIRST DAY...JUST A LOT OF GLITCHES AND BUGS...JASON SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE HIS TRAPS ANY WAY HE SEES FIT..HE ONLY HAS A FEW...BUT THOSE TRAPS ARE EVERYTHING...YOU ARE COMPLETELY DESTROYING THE STRATEGY OF THE GAME!!! IF IT'S NOT BROKEN...DON'T FIX IT...THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING...

a9c.png

Use paragraphs, or else this is essentially what people will think of your post.

1 person likes this

?GOOD FOR YOU KING DUNCAN...NOBODY CARES...YOU PROBABLY LOVE THE GAME NOW NOOB HUH...YOU PROBABLY WERE ONE OF THOSE PLAYERS THAT QUIT OUT WHEN YOU GET KILLED..GO AWAY TROLL...I AM TRYING TO SAVE THIS GAME FROM DESTRUCTION...BEAT IT

Edited by Tom
typos

Stop posting in all-caps, please. 

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, Tom said:

Well...with that racism of yours I think your problems are a lot bigger than glitched window animations and nerfed characters

Hey guys, don't attack each other personally or they will lock the thread. 
Disagree all you want, but do it as an open discussion not direct attacks or non topic related things.
#DontRuinItForTheRestOfUs