Glad to see update today! Been playing since day 1 launch , love this game. However .... every update just seems to take more fun out of surviving as a councilor and / or playing as Jason. Last update or 2 ago made me change my preference as Jason to councilor. It was not really fun being Jason anymore, and this new patch is VERY dissapointing. Just catering to letting councilors escape!! 

Dropped parts icons...nerf grab range...nerf traps...Tommy with knife and spray (I'd be cool if this was the only thing added) 

And how bout fixing the fucking invisible force field councilors have when climbing through windows already! ... "oh, let me let this councilor slowly climb through this window!" 

Jason on launch day was a beast (how he should be ) ...keep making it worse and worse, cmon now . Hoping for some reverted changes next patch for the future of the games sake . 

• Like 6

Oh...and just ruin the atmosphere of the game by adding wrestling Lachappas and karate Chad's . Wtf were you thinking . It would cute if this were a seasonal thing for a week or something, but this is permsnently there !....forever (facepalm) 

Will do...have to stop this madness before it's too late 

7 minutes ago, PARTVI said:

Glad to see update today! Been playing since day 1 launch , love this game. However .... every update just seems to take more fun out of surviving as a councilor and / or playing as Jason. Last update or 2 ago made me change my preference as Jason to councilor. It was not really fun being Jason anymore, and this new patch is VERY dissapointing. Just catering to letting councilors escape!! 

1.Dropped parts icons...2.nerf grab range...nerf traps...3.Tommy with knife and spray (I'd be cool if this was the only thing added) 

And how bout fixing the fucking invisible force field councilors have when climbing through windows already! ... "oh, let me let this councilor slowly climb through this window!" 

Jason on launch day was a beast (how he should be ) ...keep making it worse and worse, cmon now . Hoping for some reverted changes next patch for the future of the games sake . 

1. That is brilliant feature and I can't understand how you could be upset about it. It just makes the gameplay experience smoother as you don't need to worry about parts getting lost in the woods. You can now also mark parts incase you find one but don't want to transport it to the other side of the map if you are planning to escape with the boat.This can also work in Jasons favor as placing traps near dropped parts could result in unwary counselor triggering it.

2. It was needed period.If you can't see why the change was made then it is truly pointless to explain. Grab is super powerful move which almost always leads to your victims death. Toning it down makes gaming experience richer for both sides.

3. It was about time. :3

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PARTVI said:

Dropped parts icons...nerf grab range...nerf traps...Tommy with knife and spray (I'd be cool if this was the only thing added) 

your right, and just like you, 2 updates ago, I wanted to stop being Jason. He can't hit a counselor slowly crawling through a window? he can't break down doors without multiple mis-hits because of the door frames. I am a level 101 and have been for going on 2 months, have a PHD in murder and USE to kick ass as Jason, now, just frown when I'm selected as Jason. Tonight, I was part 9, cops were called, both cars on the road and I was stunned so many fucking times that it wasn't funny. Counselors keep getting stronger and 'OL Vorhees keeps getting nerfed. I remember reading something by @GunMedia about how Jason was supposed to be OP just like the films and if he grabbed you, you shouldn't be able to break free. But now, Jason can slash you 4-5 times before you start limping, but some Tiffany bitch can lay your ass out with a wrench. Jason keeps getting the short end of the stick it seems like. My biggest complaint is FIX THE WINDOW  AND DOOR SHIT.

6 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

No point grabbing Tommy anymore.  Hack him to death knowing he carries a pocket knife.

This was made so he can disarm traps placed by the Jason and thus promoting his role as savior. Not to give him get out of the jail card.

Just now, HeavyTeemu said:

This was made so he can disarm traps placed by the Jason and thus promoting his role as savior. Not to give him get out of the jail card.

Most Tommys will just tank it with the med spray he has.

2 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

Most Tommys will just tank it with the med spray he has.

Probably. It's still right buff in my opinion. I know me and my friends are gonna use Tommy as he was meant to be and with these updates he finally is big threat to Jason.

8 minutes ago, HeavyTeemu said:

1. That is brilliant feature and I can't understand how you could be upset about it. It just makes the gameplay experience smoother as you don't need to worry about parts getting lost in the woods. You can now also mark parts incase you find one but don't want to transport it to the other side of the map if you are planning to escape with the boat.This can also work in Jasons favor as placing traps near dropped parts could result in unwary counselor triggering it.

2. It was needed period.If you can't see why the change was made then it is truly pointless to explain. Grab is super powerful move which almost always leads to your victims death. Toning it down makes gaming experience richer for both sides.

3. It was about time. :3

For #1, placing a trap onto a item on the ground doesn't work. Counselors can bypass it. It's exactly like placing a trap by the drivers door. You can easily bypass it without triggering it.

#1 is a shit feature for shit players. Again, it takes away the nerve racking tension of the game. There is no need to search for anything now, once someone has it, everyone knows where it is. That's complete shit.

#2 Jason is SUPPOSED to be OP, if he grabs you, you're going to die. It shouldn't be easy to avoid/break out of.

#3 The only part of the update I agree with.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HeavyTeemu said:

Probably. It's still right buff in my opinion. I know me and my friends are gonna use Tommy as he was meant to be and with these updates he finally is big threat to Jason.

I am in favor of buffing Tommy. I supported the idea of giving him 2 shots or an RNG on either a med spray, firecracker or pocket knife.  Either of those would work better for him.

Instead Jason knows what he carries in his inventory all the time and can proceed to hack him.

I'm level 101, and I have never encountered anybody generous to hand me a pocket knife. The vast majority just likes to horde them in case they get grab and just disarm traps by tanking it and use med spray. The med kit perk is the counselor best friend.

9 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

I am in favor of buffing Tommy. I supported the idea of giving him 2 shots or an RNG on either a med spray, firecracker or pocket knife.  Either of those would work better for him.

Instead Jason knows what he carries in his inventory all the time and can proceed to hack him.

I'm level 101, and I have never encountered anybody generous to hand me a pocket knife. The vast majority just likes to horde them in case they get grab and just disarm traps by tanking it and use med spray. The med kit perk is the counselor best friend.

Have to agree. With Medic and Thick Skinned traps were never a problem, plus pocket knives on top of that. 

I feel bad if youve never had someone give you a PK. I do it all the time as long as objectives have been detrapped.

4 hours ago, PARTVI said:

Jason’s grab was op as hell before , I would grab people from a mile away knowing how broken it was. 

Seems like you enjoyed the easy killing with little skill involved. My preference is and always will be Jason 

tl;dr get gud 

071AF235-FA3A-4044-B7AF-D93ECA336C9B.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Archgamer said:

No point grabbing Tommy anymore.  Hack him to death knowing he carries a pocket knife.

I will. Really less need for grabbing at all anymore with the grab nerf.

5 hours ago, PARTVI said:

I agree jason needs to be more OP it's not scary anymore for counselors if anything jason needs a way to escape the map!!!

Was there more guns added as well? I swear I see counselors roaming around with guns a lot more than I did at release?

It's starting to feel a little like a "Sims 3 - Serial Killer On the Loose" expansion pack. It completely baffles the mind why Jason is being continually nerfed. In most games I have played about two people escape/survive, sometimes nobody. This is the way a game based on a slasher movie should be. I want a challenge as a counselor, I want to really earn my survival. Why the constant need to change things all the time? 

You change things too much and like anything, you're going to erode what makes something special.   

1 minute ago, Splatterhouse said:

Was there more guns added as well? I swear I see counselors roaming around with guns a lot more than I did at release?

It's starting to feel a little like a "Sims 3 - Serial Killer On the Loose" expansion pack. It completely baffles the mind why Jason is being continually nerfed. In most games I have played about two people escape/survive, sometimes nobody. This is the way a game based on a slasher movie should be. I want a challenge as a counselor, I want to really earn my survival. Why the constant need to change things all the time? 

You change things too much and like anything, you're going to erode what makes something special.   

Pack small can spawn 2 shottys plus theres Tommys. Thats it as far as I know.

Did you guys forgot that there's the attack button? We can attack them so we can cripple and then grab them! Sure, couselors can use the spray, but we can also attack them before the healing animation ends.

Why people want an easy win so much? If I want to easy grab them, I will use Stalk! There was even a thread suggesting for the developers to switch the time we get Sense for the Stalk one.

Currently, the Jason's attack weapon has a terrible startup. Even in combat stance. This is a bad thing. What I like about cripping them is that is can do a final struggle before I die. That's awesome! But the current attack animation not only is bad, but also prejudices the nerfed grab as well. Buff Jason's weapon damage!

12 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Did you guys forgot that there's the attack button? We can attack them so we can cripple and then grab them! Sure, couselors can use the spray, but we can also attack them before the healing animation ends.

Why people want an easy win so much? If I want to easy grab them, I will use Stalk! There was even a thread suggesting for the developers to switch the time we get Sense for the Stalk one.

Currently, the Jason's attack weapon has a terrible startup. Even in combat stance. This is a bad thing. What I like about cripping them is that is can do a final struggle before I die. That's awesome! But the current attack animation not only is bad, but also prejudices the nerfed grab as well. Buff Jason's weapon damage!

Weapon dmg doesnt need a buff. The are Jasons with that as a positive for a reason. I will agree that the hitbox/tracking on Jason's swings could use a little tweek but please dont make them magnetic or we will be in the same situation as the grab was.

Im the same as you when I play Jason a lot. Always try to go for a cripple to make sure you can get the fun environmental kills ;P

The only real problem I seem with all the nerfs to Jason right now is the fact that the counselors have MANY survival perks like Medic, Thick Skinned, and so on with the combination of heal sprays on map (You can turn any heal into a 2x heal for ANYONE as long as youre the first to pick it up) and the amount of pocket knives. I do like the Tommy buff and the incentive to be a hero but just that extra heal and knife on the map can make a difference.

17 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Weapon dmg doesnt need a buff. The are Jasons with that as a positive for a reason. I will agree that the hitbox/tracking on Jason's swings could use a little tweek but please dont make them magnetic or we will be in the same situation as the grab was.

Im the same as you when I play Jason a lot. Always try to go for a cripple to make sure you can get the fun environmental kills ;P

The only real problem I seem with all the nerfs to Jason right now is the fact that the counselors have MANY survival perks like Medic, Thick Skinned, and so on with the combination of heal sprays on map (You can turn any heal into a 2x heal for ANYONE as long as youre the first to pick it up) and the amount of pocket knives. I do like the Tommy buff and the incentive to be a hero but just that extra heal and knife on the map can make a difference.

Grab is an instant kill. Weapon damage is not. I see no problem with the Jason's weapon having the same hitbox of Jason's old grab.

@ThePunkPirate I didn't mean about buffing the DAMAGE of Jason's weapon. Just buff the animation/hitbox.

Edited by NoOneK9503

They tend to listen to the whiners too much. At first i thought they will stay with an OP Jason as they are hardcore movie fans. But meh. They got weak. It should be hard to survive. way harder than to kill. Look at the movies. There is not a lot of survivors. This game should have been a tribute to the movies. at least i got that impression. now they dumb it down for counselors. Small map, battery, fuel, keys in the same house was already gg for the counselors way to often before patch. Now it´s even worse. This game is hopeless imo. Simply released too early also. it´s in alpa state. not even beta worthy imo.

I can only speak for myself. The phone box, especially lately has become the go to escape method because its the only method that allows everyone to escape.

Be creative with your traps. Counselors EXPECT YOU TO TRIPLE TRAP THE PHONE.

HELLO?

Now in the defense of whose who haven't complained about this. I've never really been bothered by the issue and feel its not a game breaking strategy, instead a legit one.

That said, I know counselor players EXPECT this.

I've never actually bothered to multi trap the phone or cars in the same exact spot. I always use the windows and corners of cabins to trap because counselors will just play the looping game around objectives most often and its easy to trap them there.

Of course, there is a downside to that, with Jason not being able to melee counselors close to buildings consistently. Your forced to rely on grabbing them, which does suck and melee should be more reliable for Jason. The fact that melee is so unreliable is partly the reason why shift grab is so important for Jason. So any percieved nerf to shift grab was ALWAYS going to be a controversial issue with melee being so unreliable.

Melee only matters for weapon strength Jasons...the rest its a fruitless exercise.

3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I can only speak for myself. The phone box, especially lately has become the go to escape method because its the only method that allows everyone to escape.

Be creative with your traps. Counselors EXPECT YOU TO TRIPLE TRAP THE PHONE.

HELLO?

Now in the defense of whose who haven't complained about this. I've never really been bothered by the issue and feel its not a game breaking strategy, instead a legit one.

That said, I know counselor players EXPECT this.

I've never actually bothered to multi trap the phone or cars in the same exact spot. I always use the windows and corners of cabins to trap because counselors will just play the looping game around objectives most often and its easy to trap them there.

Of course, there is a downside to that, with Jason not being able to melee counselors close to buildings consistently. Your forced to rely on grabbing them, which does suck and melee should be more reliable for Jason. The fact that melee is so unreliable is partly the reason why shift grab is so important for Jason. So any percieved nerf to shift grab was ALWAYS going to be a controversial issue with melee being so unreliable.

Melee only matters for weapon strength Jasons...the rest its a fruitless exercise.

You said it all! Melee needs a buff(s).

• Like 1