Sign in to follow this  
Theiceman105

Traps shouldn't have been nerfed, music is stacking as Jason

The traps are now officially useless, along with Part 2.

And the music stacks.

Another thing: why am I Jason more often when preferring a counselor? That should make me 0% chance

I agree, Jason was nerfed again, you also have to be much closer to grab, also takes more hits to knock the door down...... STOP NERFING JASON!!!

p.s I think it’s sad that some backers (like myself) have not received their physical copy’s , when anyone can go to the store and buy one for,$40, I paid $63

• Like 1

This is the beta all over again.

I haven't been in a match since the update that lasted longer than 7 minutes. Cops are called immediately, cars are repaired with ease. You automatically know where everything is if it's dropped and The easy button is what has been added to the game.

There is no longer an incentive to playing because there is no challenge. This is no longer Friday the 13th. This is "Camp Counselor: Which Method Of Escape This Time?"

There is no threat anymore with Jason. 1 pocket knife and the cops are called in the first minute. Like literally after Jason morphs away to go put his next useless trap on the car. 

You have decided to placate the casual gamers and shit all over your base ... the people who made this game even happen.

This game is officially a joke now. No challenge. We might as well just take Jason out of the game and play tag with the counselors because that is what this patch has done. I don't feel any sense of threat when playing as a counselor now. I KNOW I am going to escape and there's nothing Jason can do about it.

Congrats Gun, you managed to fuck this up beyond recognition. *smfh*

• Like 2

idiots, jason wasnt nerfed, he is now just like he should be, before he breaked the door with 2 or 3 hits, it was BUG and now its fixed, before the patch everyone was crying all the time that the grab range was ridicoulus and now it is fixed and you cry? its all perfect now stop crying

2 minutes ago, Trollskau said:

idiots, jason wasnt nerfed, he is now just like he should be, before he breaked the door with 2 or 3 hits, it was BUG and now its fixed, before the patch everyone was crying all the time that the grab range was ridicoulus and now it is fixed and you cry? its all perfect now stop crying

You got your easy button, kid. Go play your arcade bullshit. 

• Like 2

Now that I think about, out of the four games I played after the new patch was released, 3/4 I escaped. (The 1/4 was me accidentally doing a flip out of second story Packanack Lodge.)

Honestly, I feel like between Jason and Counselor, the counselor is now more OP. Jason's grab has been reduced, which was needed, but now, you have to almost be touching the counselor to grab them. I feel like even Lachappa could dodge a Shift-Grab by Part 6 Jason while running in a straight line. 

I'll just keep my Preference to Counselor for now, just to be safe.

25 minutes ago, Daminus said:

Now that I think about, out of the four games I played after the new patch was released, 3/4 I escaped. (The 1/4 was me accidentally doing a flip out of second story Packanack Lodge.)

Honestly, I feel like between Jason and Counselor, the counselor is now more OP. Jason's grab has been reduced, which was needed, but now, you have to almost be touching the counselor to grab them. I feel like even Lachappa could dodge a Shift-Grab by Part 6 Jason while running in a straight line. 

Preference as counselor may also be bugged, I'm always Jason.

The traps need to go back to normal

39 minutes ago, Daminus said:

I'm okay with reducing radius when not in shift...but a shift grab shouldn't have the same range. That is what they did. And like you said pinpoint accuracy it's a bit ridiculous. 

Anyway about the traps...I'm still on the fence but not liking the change so far. I'm having to change my strategy the problem is the group I play with are stupid good.  

Those who are complaining are obviously playing with a lot of very new players as Jason. Seasoned Jasons are still out there, ruthless, and preventing counselors from accessing the phone box and leaving in the car. If you are seeing an influx of games where it's east to escape, enjoy the points while they last. If you are playing as Jason and the counselors are escaping too easily, I suggest using a Jason with more traps and being strategic about cutting the power and putting traps at the phone box immediately.

Too many +20 level players are not playing as Jason with the amount of strategy that it takes. If you keep harassing the same counselors while others are repairing the phone and car, you have no room to complain. I see this often. I can survive an obsessed stalker Jason for over 10 minutes as other players repair and escape so that's the Jason player's fault. Jason's adjusted grab finally makes him have to work to snatch a really good counselor. These are kind of no-brainers so I don't see the issue.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HorrorPops86 said:

Those who are complaining are obviously playing with a lot of very new players as Jason. Seasoned Jasons are still out there, ruthless, and preventing counselors from accessing the phone box and leaving in the car. If you are seeing an influx of games where it's east to escape, enjoy the points while they last. If you are playing as Jason and the counselors are escaping too easily, I suggest using a Jason with more traps and being strategic about cutting the power and putting traps at the phone box immediately.

Too many +20 level players are not playing as Jason with the amount of strategy that it takes. If you keep harassing the same counselors while others are repairing the phone and car, you have no room to complain. I see this often. I can survive an obsessed stalker Jason for over 10 minutes as other players repair and escape so that's the Jason player's fault. Jason's adjusted grab finally makes him have to work to snatch a really good counselor. These are kind of no-brainers so I don't see the issue.

No no no. You do know you can only put 1 trap on the phone, right? Easy pocket knife, repair, call cops.

Just now, Theiceman105 said:

No no no. You do know you can only put 1 trap on the phone, right? Easy pocket knife, repair, call cops.

You can stack traps around the phone box, players, including myself, do it all the time. You can also put traps at the door and windows for the phone box house. There are options you might want to explore, other have.

Just now, HorrorPops86 said:

You can stack traps around the phone box, players, including myself, do it all the time. You can also put traps at the door and windows for the phone box house. There are options you might want to explore, other have.

You can NO LONGER DO THAT. What are you not understanding?

• Like 1

Just now, dmack621 said:

You can NO LONGER DO THAT. What are you not understanding?

Take the caps locks out of your tone. I literally just did it. Maybe you can't put three traps in the same spot but you can stagger them. If you wasted that many traps by putting in the exact same spot thinking you are slick instead of placing them strategically, I can't help your idiocy. I ALSO SAID there are other ways "You can also put traps at the door and windows for the phone box house." How are you going to quote me and not even read what I said? What are you not understanding? Some of you are complete idiots and cry about anything.

I don't put traps in the exact same spot, idiot. 

And talk about crying? Bad counselors crying for an easy button because they can't just waltz around and escape. You've been here 2 days and think you're something special LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmack621 said:

I don't put traps in the exact same spot, idiot. 

And talk about crying? Bad counselors crying for an easy button because they can't just waltz around and escape. You've been here 2 days and think you're something special LOL

? Bad counselors crying for an easy button? I've been arguing for ways to make the game harder for counselors but ok. I think I'm something special? Ok. You sound mad, hurt really. It's ok to feel hurt when you don't get your way, don't beat yourself up for having intense feelings about a game, it's ok. See you around kid

Also: CONFIRMED, you CAN still strategically place traps around the phone box, you just can't place them one on top of another. Whoever was trying to triple-stack traps, maybe explore alternative ways to actually make traps useful instead of throwing a tantrum. That's all.

45 minutes ago, HorrorPops86 said:

with cool down time being ridiculously long now don't matter how good of jason you are that shits getting done before you get there

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

with cool down time being ridiculously long now don't matter how good of jason you are that shits getting done before you get there

I was literally just playing as Jason testing the traps around the phone box and, as I said, nobody was able to phone the police. I was half playing and half posting in here and still killed 4 counselors when they tried to repair the phone and got caught in my traps at the box and door. Some of you need to rethink the crutches you used to get kills and develop some new ways of playing the game.

Try NOT destroying the doors to the phone house cabin and instead trapping the windows and doors all around it. You'll get a win/win scenario:

1. They have to leave the door open to get out once they call

2. They will have to step in one of your traps to get in or out.

Most useful on smaller cabins though. Not so much long cabins or the barn or packanack.

6 minutes ago, HorrorPops86 said:

I was literally just playing as Jason testing the traps around the phone box and, as I said, nobody was able to phone the police. I was half playing and half posting in here and still killed 4 counselors when they tried to repair the phone and got caught in my traps at the box and door. Some of you need to rethink the crutches you used to get kills and develop some new ways of playing the game.

which jason were you using and im not complaining about traps i said cool down time is shitty now

3 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

which jason were you using 

Random, but luckily it was Part 2 with extra traps. If people love traps so much use Part 2 sheesh.

8 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Try NOT destroying the doors to the phone house cabin and instead trapping the windows and doors all around it. You'll get a win/win scenario:

1. They have to leave the door open to get out once they call

2. They will have to step in one of your traps to get in or out.

Most useful on smaller cabins though. Not so much long cabins or the barn or packanack.

Strategy.

3 minutes ago, HorrorPops86 said:

Random, but luckily it was Part 2 with extra traps. If people love traps so much use Part 2 sheesh.

ok see you had part two who seven traps i like using part 4 who only has three but had good morph to balance it out now it takes really long for morph to come back so the one trap i place there can be taken out easily and won't notice it unless i go ocd on my map

Just now, pioneer67fkd said:

ok see you had part two who seven traps i like using part 4 who only has three but had good morph to balance it out now it takes really long for morph to come back so the one trap i place there can be taken out easily and won't notice it unless i go ocd on my map

Exactly. Part 2 is there for people who want a lot of traps to place by cars and phone box. 

Just now, HorrorPops86 said:

Exactly. Part 2 is there for people who want a lot of traps to place by cars and phone box. 

but that all he has he can't really catch people that well and his wepon sucks