[IllFonic]Courier

Patch 10.25.17 - Bug, Glitches, and General Issues

266 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If you want grab to be reverted go drop your name in my Feedback thread.

Done.

Please fix the tapes. I know the patch notes said duplicate tapes would be fixed but I’m reading about a lot of people still finding tapes after this latest update and not being credited for them.

Is anyone else experiencing severely bad frame rate on maps with rain? I'm on PS4, and had to actually quit a match as Jason because the performance was so terrible. I was host and had no connection issues, but the match was virtually unplayable. 

Another thing I have been experiencing is Jason refusing to attack in combat stance after blocking. Might this have something to do with the removal of blockswinging (block/attack simultaneously)?

EDIT: Something I just noticed. Amazingly, I found 3 tapes over the course of tonight (don't know whether they were Pamela or Tommy) and tried to check them out now. However, I see no Pamela tapes other than the 3 I already had (#7, #9, #14), and nothing for Tommy tapes either. All night I had played as host and each match had finished normally. If I found duplicates, how is it possible that they would be the exact same 3 tapes I already had? What's going on here? 

I have recorded clips on PS4 of each time I found a tape as well, yet none of these tapes show up in the menu. You guys might want to look into this. I personally don't care so much but I know others will.

8 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Git Gud.

Not my fault you sucked ass as Jason getting 2/8 even with Grab Range head punch spamming. I figured out my issue was from lag(game use P2P Connections)

This has been going on prior to this update and I am surprised it hasn't been fixed yet. There is a really frustrating car glitch that I have run into several times when playing as Jason. Either the car flips or it gets stuck on a hill and the counselor is trapped in the vehicle and Jason cannot hit them (especially when they crouch). I cant be the only one who as run into this? 

Also I still experience what I believe is a glitch. When I grab a counselor, none of the kill options highlight to show they are ready to be executed, and it just allows the counselor to escape because you cannot prompt Jason to kill :(

52 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Is anyone else experiencing severely bad frame rate on maps with rain? I'm on PS4, and had to actually quit a match as Jason because the performance was so terrible. I was host and had no connection issues, but the match was virtually unplayable. 

Another thing I have been experiencing is Jason refusing to attack in combat stance after blocking. Might this have something to do with the removal of blockswinging (block/attack simultaneously)?

EDIT: Something I just noticed. Amazingly, I found 3 tapes over the course of tonight (don't know whether they were Pamela or Tommy) and tried to check them out now. However, I see no Pamela tapes other than the 3 I already had (#7, #9, #14), and nothing for Tommy tapes either. All night I had played as host and each match had finished normally. If I found duplicates, how is it possible that they would be the exact same 3 tapes I already had? What's going on here? 

I have recorded clips on PS4 of each time I found a tape as well, yet none of these tapes show up in the menu. You guys might want to look into this. I personally don't care so much but I know others will.

The odds of those tapes all being duplicates are very small. Somehow I believe that since this latest patch every single tape found will not count. So much for fixing the duplicates, holy shit.

1 minute ago, Jds255 said:

The odds of those tapes all being duplicates are very small. Somehow I believe that since this latest patch every single tape found will not count. So much for fixing the duplicates, holy shit.

Indeed, I do not think for one second that I found the exact same 3 tapes. The most believable explanation is that the game simply did not save the tapes I found, despite all matches finishing normally. So it looks as though the duplicate fix just took away the tapes entirely.

1 person likes this

This game is just going to be an ongoing series of updates, glitches, and patches, ad infinitum. I guess we better get used to it. At least the game itself is fantastic (when it's working).

Xbox One.

Found a Tommy Tape and then my 2nd only ever Pamela Tape. Both did not show up in the menu after the game completed and attempted to go listen to them. They are not there at all. There weren't any issues in those games.

Last night, On xbox one i found a tape and wen i went to see there was nothing. I even have a video of me getting the tape.

@[IllFonic]Courier

XBOX ONE

1. Texture glitches for counselors when selecting or editing the outfits. Main menu and lobby select screen.

I purchased the new Halloween DLC outfits. All the outfits look blurry with no detail. Base game and all DLC outfits. Bad, ugly textures.

I can't see the detail until I get into a game. The details of the characters bodies and faces don't always load correctly or take a long time to load.

Counselors are sometimes invisible during the match and character select screen.

Shadow hair bug that shows up on all the counselors faces. I see crazy hair flying all over from a shadow.

2. Jason's Shack. New bug. Random items now spawn in Jason's shack that float in the air. Near the entrance to his shack.

Floating baseball bat and flare gun on my first 2 matches after the patch. You can pick them up and use them.

3. FPS drops, performance issues, lag inside large cabins and hallways. Terrible frame rate when I enter into a large cabin and move the camera around.

It gives you the feeling your drunk in a lake, under water, trying to run from a serial killer. Not smooth at all for the gameplay.

Rain mixed with lag, FPS issues, car bugs makes driving a car to escape a real pain in the ass. I just stick with a police escape when I can.

3 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

XBOX ONE

1. Texture glitches for counselors when selecting or editing the outfits. Main menu and lobby select screen.

I purchased the new Halloween DLC outfits. All the outfits look blurry with no detail. Base game and all DLC outfits. Bad, ugly textures.

I can't see the detail until I get into a game. The details of the characters bodies and faces don't always load correctly or take a long time to load.

Counselors are sometimes invisible during the match and character select screen.

Shadow hair bug that shows up on all the counselors faces. I see crazy hair flying all over from a shadow.

2. Jason's Shack. New bug. Random items now spawn in Jason's shack that float in the air. Near the entrance to his shack.

Floating baseball bat and flare gun on my first 2 matches after the patch. You can pick them up and use them.

3. FPS drops, performance issues, lag inside large cabins and hallways. Terrible frame rate when I enter into a large cabin and move the camera around.

It gives you the feeling your drunk in a lake, under water, trying to run from a serial killer. Not smooth at all for the gameplay.

Rain mixed with lag, FPS issues, car bugs makes driving a car to escape a real pain in the ass. I just stick with a police escape when I can.

I have experienced pretty much all of those bugs. Plus wen i went in a tent and got out my vision was locked on the tent and not me.

1 person likes this

PS4. Found a pamela tape in the Higgins Haven small map and it is not showing in my menu... I too also have a video of me finding the tape.

10 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Git Gud.

Yeah, what he said. 

NO MORE NERFING JASON!!!!

Pamela/Jarvis Tapes not showing in collection. No point in being excited to find one anymore until this is fixed.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Indeed, I do not think for one second that I found the exact same 3 tapes. The most believable explanation is that the game simply did not save the tapes I found, despite all matches finishing normally. So it looks as though the duplicate fix just took away the tapes entirely.

Yep, I believe that all tapes do not count since this patch. I saw someone in the “Pamela tapes” thread who got their first tape after this patch and it still didn’t count - so couldn’t possibly be a duplicate.

From time to time, counselors can break out of Jason's grip instantly, almost as if they had a knife. I did it as Deborah. I hit A once and I was out. And I've seen it happen a lot for others.

Also, huh.....?

E1DD36EDD5D30334385C7EEC5F9FF84B2FDE14D4

And WOW this Jason is the greatest of all time!!!

9A79EC992BBA0B8107B1C3D33355D7C332C41DC8

On PC

@[IllFonic]Courier

Quickplay keeps putting me into lobbies by myself. Private matches keep giving me an error message. Can't retrieve game details. Can't join friends.

Rain is killing the performance after the new patch too or whatever texture resolution increase they did for the Xbox One. It sucks when the game runs at 5 to 15 FPS it feels like when it rains. Same issue inside cabins. Rain or no rain.

Mic issues in lobby. Only with this game. Mic won't work sometimes. Have to rejoin the lobby to fix it.

The PS4 version was super glitchy when I played it this morning. I witnessed a guy stutter down the street like a skipping CD would and then when Jason killed him he floated/hung in mid air for a few seconds and then when Jason walked off it looked like the victim was still alive but frozen in place and scared shitless. I’ve only been playing a few weeks but that was by far the worse thing that I’ve seen. Before that the worst I personally experienced was losing the ability for a minute the use of the X button which kept me from doing anything, opening doors, picking up objects, etc. Strangely, it turned out to be the best match I ever played. Even got to use Pamela’s sweater (as a last resort) and survive the night!

5 hours ago, Poveglia said:

OK, glitches and BAD things I've noticed.

-Jason can no longer throw people through a window for a kill. You will just stand there until they kick out.

-Everyone just fights Jason now. There is no fear for Jason since he cannot grab or anything

-The bear trap "fix" is game breaking. Why would you limit where, and how many bear traps Jason can lay?

-The game is unplayable right now. It's basically run around, get the parts (which are all shown), and escape before Jason even gets rage.

-All kills are locked

-Every game at least two people escape

There was more, but I rage quit this game. Back to South Park..

Jason cant throw people through windows? Lies

Everyone just fights Jason? Lies

Jason cant grab anyone? Lies

Game is unplayable? Lies

The parts are all shown? Lies

Every game at least 2 players escape? Lies

Not being funny, but your nose should be massive after all that.

The new environmental kills are practically broken on PS4. I tried to use the boom box at Higgins Haven and got stuck in a cabinet. Had to leave the lobby. 

Not fun. 

On Steam.  I noticed that I can’t change Fox’s outfit.  I go to highlight what I want and it won’t change.  I though maybe it will change once in match, nope.

I use an Xbox controller when I play.  Last night I got the sweater and when I went to use it on Jason the emote screen popped up when I hit the Y button.  I ran back and tried tapping and holding the Y button but just got emotes.  Even tried mashing the Y key on the keyboard.  The Y button has always been the sweater use button and it still says to hit Y, I’m very confused. 

Found a Pamela tape, didn't show up when I went to listen to it. 

On PS4 playing as J4 on Higgins big map, I waited in the water when the boat started moving - I was directly UNDER it and didn't get a prompt to flip it. Also was mashing the crap out of the X button and nothing happened. The boat escaped, of course.